User Reviews for Evista

Evista has an average rating of 7.0 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings on Drugs.com. 57% of those users who reviewed Evista reported a positive effect, while 29% reported a negative effect.

Breast Cancer, Prevention   10.0
Osteoporosis   7.6
Prevention of Osteoporosis   1.0
Summary of Evista reviews 7.0 7 reviews

Kathy · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 1, 2020

For Osteoporosis: “I was on Evista for several years in the 80's and 90's. After several years, my bone density was normal. I went off the Evista and all bone density tests have been normal since.”

Dee · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 28, 2019

For Osteoporosis: “I have been taking Evista for 14 months for osteopenia. After 12 months on the drug I took a new bone density that showed a mild improvement of 1.8 percent. However, when my doctor took another density test farther up my spine away from lumbar region the results were not good. He believes the bone density reading to be false. He wants me to change to Prolia .. but because of the toxicity and hair loss.. I’m too afraid with my compromised immune system and CFID’s disease.”

Painiac · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 25, 2019

For Osteoporosis: “Totally eliminated all menopause symptoms in 24 hours. I had to change bedding at least once a day. I was a mess. This eliminated the chills,msweats and brain fog. It was my magic bullet.”

Suzanna46 · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 2, 2016

For Prevention of Osteoporosis: “After taking Evista 60 mg. for 5 years for treatment of osteopenia, my recent bone density test, the -04.2 which is osteoporosis. Even though my insurance would not cover it, esp. now that I am on Blue Cross Blue Shield/Anthem prescription plan,. Evista is on the 5th tier so they do not cover it. I took it in good faith, believing it would strengthen my bones, now osteoporosis. I am 69 years old and was shocked after my Dr. told me. Now, they want me to see an rheumotologist to discuss taking Prolia. (I know nothing about this medication.) How can I trust this will be a good prescription when Evista made the bone loss worse.”

thetruthhurts · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 27, 2013

For Osteoporosis: “Very positive response. Side advantage breast cancer protection. Major problem "hot flashes". Self limiting problem side effect. No need for specific dosing instructions such as with biguanides.”

ProudMari September 2, 2011

For Osteoporosis: “Evista was prescribed by my doctor - was on my fourth pill and started experiencing vaginal burning and urinary incontinence. After an examination I was diagnosed with vaginitis and a bladder infection. Went off them immediately.”

shibumi0202 December 16, 2010

For Breast Cancer, Prevention: “Had hot flashes for the first few months about an hour after I took it, I take it at night with my other medications. I found that I can not drink alcohol. I become very nauseated and throw up. Otherwise I have taken it for almost 3 years without any real problem.”