User Reviews for Evista

Evista has an average rating of 6.0 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings on Drugs.com. 45% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 36% reported a negative experience.

Osteoporosis
6.3
Prevention of Osteoporosis
Breast Cancer, Prevention
10.0
Summary of Evista reviews 6.0 11 reviews

Reviews for Evista

ProudMari · September 2, 2011

For Osteoporosis: “Evista was prescribed by my doctor - was on my fourth pill and started experiencing vaginal burning and urinary incontinence. After an examination I was diagnosed with vaginitis and a bladder infection. Went off them immediately.”

Monkie · Taken for 1 to 2 years · March 9, 2021

For Osteoporosis: “Took Evista for slightly more than 1 year. Tolerated it well with no side effects. Developed a vaginal polyp while on this med. Was taking this medication for osteoporosis, however... there was NO improvement in my bone density at all. Nothing. For those of you at cancer risk taking this drug, beware! Look it up on the internet and you'll find an article stating: "A US judge has ruled that Eli Lilly has been unlawfully promoting its osteoporosis treatment Evista (raloxifene) by claiming that it has been demonstrated to reduce the risk of breast cancer, and has ordered the company to stop making any further promotional claims of that nature. "”

shibumi0202 · December 16, 2010

For Breast Cancer, Prevention: “Had hot flashes for the first few months about an hour after I took it, I take it at night with my other medications. I found that I can not drink alcohol. I become very nauseated and throw up. Otherwise I have taken it for almost 3 years without any real problem.”

Suzanna46 · Taken for 5 to 10 years · January 2, 2016

For Prevention of Osteoporosis: “After taking Evista 60 mg. for 5 years for treatment of osteopenia, my recent bone density test, the -04.2 which is osteoporosis. Even though my insurance would not cover it, esp. now that I am on Blue Cross Blue Shield/Anthem prescription plan,. Evista is on the 5th tier so they do not cover it. I took it in good faith, believing it would strengthen my bones, now osteoporosis. I am 69 years old and was shocked after my Dr. told me. Now, they want me to see an rheumotologist to discuss taking Prolia. (I know nothing about this medication.) How can I trust this will be a good prescription when Evista made the bone loss worse.”

Dee · Taken for 1 to 2 years · October 28, 2019

For Osteoporosis: “I have been taking Evista for 14 months for osteopenia. After 12 months on the drug I took a new bone density that showed a mild improvement of 1.8 percent. However, when my doctor took another density test farther up my spine away from lumbar region the results were not good. He believes the bone density reading to be false. He wants me to change to Prolia .. but because of the toxicity and hair loss.. I’m too afraid with my compromised immune system and CFID’s disease.”

endometrial · Taken for 10 years or more · June 6, 2021

For Prevention of Osteoporosis: “I was prescribed Evista, after taking Hormones caused a cyst on one ovary, which was surgically removed. After taking Evista for 17 years, I was diagnosed with Endometrial Cancer, and had a complete hysterectomy. I think the Evista caused the Endometrial Cancer. However, my bone scans have been good - no osteoporosis.”

Dixie · Taken for 5 to 10 years · March 31, 2021

For Osteoporosis: “I took Evista for years only to find out it had not helped at all. My osteoporosis was very bad. Took 2 injections of Reclast. Six months ago, my doctor told me that if I fell, I could easily break my back. He has me on Fosomax now.”

linda · Taken for 10 years or more · January 5, 2022

For Osteoporosis: “I have been taking Evista since 1983 and have had no side effects, now I took my bone density test and now I will need different medication or a shot. I am not looking forward to shots so will have to try different medication and not looking forward to possible side effects, but no longer at 72 yrs old can I take evista according to my doctor due to the effect it could now have to my female organs from what the Dr said”

Kathy · Taken for 2 to 5 years · February 1, 2020

For Osteoporosis: “I was on Evista for several years in the 80's and 90's. After several years, my bone density was normal. I went off the Evista and all bone density tests have been normal since.”

thetruthhurts · Taken for 5 to 10 years · April 27, 2013

For Osteoporosis: “Very positive response. Side advantage breast cancer protection. Major problem "hot flashes". Self limiting problem side effect. No need for specific dosing instructions such as with biguanides.”

Painiac · Taken for 2 to 5 years · August 25, 2019

For Osteoporosis: “Totally eliminated all menopause symptoms in 24 hours. I had to change bedding at least once a day. I was a mess. This eliminated the chills,msweats and brain fog. It was my magic bullet.”