User Reviews for Evista to treat Osteoporosis

Evista has an average rating of 6.2 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Osteoporosis. 50% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 38% reported a negative experience.

Evista rating summary

6.2/10 average rating

Compare all 111 medications used in the treatment of Osteoporosis.

ProudMari · September 2, 2011

"Evista was prescribed by my doctor - was on my fourth pill and started experiencing vaginal burning and urinary incontinence. After an examination I was diagnosed with vaginitis and a bladder infection. Went off them immediately."

Monkie · Taken for 1 to 2 years · March 9, 2021

"Took Evista for slightly more than 1 year. Tolerated it well with no side effects. Developed a vaginal polyp while on this med. Was taking this medication for osteoporosis, however... there was NO improvement in my bone density at all. Nothing. For those of you at cancer risk taking this drug, beware! Look it up on the internet and you'll find an article stating: "A US judge has ruled that Eli Lilly has been unlawfully promoting its osteoporosis treatment Evista (raloxifene) by claiming that it has been demonstrated to reduce the risk of breast cancer, and has ordered the company to stop making any further promotional claims of that nature. ""

Dee · Taken for 1 to 2 years · October 28, 2019

"I have been taking Evista for 14 months for osteopenia. After 12 months on the drug I took a new bone density that showed a mild improvement of 1.8 percent. However, when my doctor took another density test farther up my spine away from lumbar region the results were not good. He believes the bone density reading to be false. He wants me to change to Prolia .. but because of the toxicity and hair loss.. I’m too afraid with my compromised immune system and CFID’s disease."

linda · Taken for 10 years or more · January 5, 2022

"I have been taking Evista since 1983 and have had no side effects, now I took my bone density test and now I will need different medication or a shot. I am not looking forward to shots so will have to try different medication and not looking forward to possible side effects, but no longer at 72 yrs old can I take evista according to my doctor due to the effect it could now have to my female organs from what the Dr said"

Dixie · Taken for 5 to 10 years · March 31, 2021

"I took Evista for years only to find out it had not helped at all. My osteoporosis was very bad. Took 2 injections of Reclast. Six months ago, my doctor told me that if I fell, I could easily break my back. He has me on Fosomax now."

Kathy · Taken for 2 to 5 years · February 1, 2020

"I was on Evista for several years in the 80's and 90's. After several years, my bone density was normal. I went off the Evista and all bone density tests have been normal since."

thetruthhurts · Taken for 5 to 10 years · April 27, 2013

"Very positive response. Side advantage breast cancer protection. Major problem "hot flashes". Self limiting problem side effect. No need for specific dosing instructions such as with biguanides."

Painiac · Taken for 2 to 5 years · August 25, 2019

"Totally eliminated all menopause symptoms in 24 hours. I had to change bedding at least once a day. I was a mess. This eliminated the chills,msweats and brain fog. It was my magic bullet."

Learn more about Osteoporosis