User Reviews for depo-subQ provera 104

depo-subQ provera 104 has an average rating of 4.4 out of 10 from a total of 19 ratings on Drugs.com. 33% of those users who reviewed depo-subQ provera 104 reported a positive effect, while 56% reported a negative effect.

Birth Control   4.8
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding   1.0
Summary of depo-subQ provera 104 reviews 4.4 19 reviews

Reviews for depo-subQ provera 104

aventurine · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 7, 2020

For Birth Control: “I tried taking birth control pills first but it didn’t work out because I would always miss a day or two which wasn’t good. So I switched over to Depo-Provera Contraceptive I wasn’t told or aware of the side effects this form of birth control had. This was just convenient for me because first, I don't want a kid right now. Second, Depo Provera lasts about 3 months which was good for me I didn’t have to worry about whether or not I missed a day to take a pill, or getting pregnant. I was on it for about 9 months and since then I’ve noticed a huge change in my body , my mental health, and just my overall mood. About a month ago I was supposed to get the contraceptive again , but I haven’t gotten it and I’m pretty sure I won’t get it again. Till this day I am having real bad side effects of this shot, My anxiety levels has increased, headaches are worse, I tend to vomit more since I’ve been off it and I have a very bipolar mood.”

Mesia · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 11, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I don't know what to do anymore because I'm staying with my husband 24/7, we can't have sex because I'm bleeding nonstop. It has been 3 months now I would like to know if there is something I can do to stop it”

Reshma · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 7, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “Hello everyone. Please never go for the Dep-provera shot. I've been bleeding since I stopped my first depo. I feel like I've been bleeding since forever. I know my husband isn't happy with that since we cannot have sex like before but then he is very much understanding. Thank goodness. But I wonder when is the bleeding going to stop. Unaccountable number of pads, I am so sick and I feel frustrated.... Doctor prescribed me with some pills. It works but next period again is the same. I don't want to take pills over and again.. What am I going to do. How am I going to make it stop. I am so sick of it... Tired... Frustrated.....angry....”

Dee October 23, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I took this crappy DepoProvera after I miscarried my son in 2004. They gave me the Depo in February 2004 and I didn't stop bleeding until September! Every time I thought it was going away.....BOOM I'm bleeding heavy all over again to the point that my iron became low it was way too much bleeding. 7 months SMH and I see it hasn't changed years later”

Non · Taken for 10 years or more July 26, 2019

For Birth Control: “I had the depo injection after my youngest daughter was born - she is now 25 - I have not had a period since - not gained weight - best thing I ever did - only thing now is I don’t know if I have been through menopause as I am now 49 - I asked if it was okay to not have any period or spotting but docs do not really have an answer - can only have it until I’m 50”

Kimmy · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 21, 2019

For Birth Control: “I will never take depo-provea again, I had mood swings, major depression, crying and nauseous. I have finally got my period back took about 2 months 4 days after injection period finished. I do not recommend taking this drug.”

P · Taken for less than 1 month April 29, 2018

For Birth Control: “Do not recommend this. I've had horrid side effects. And Dr said pretty much gotta ride it out for 3 months”

dawn19825 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 11, 2018

For Birth Control: “DON'T get this shot, because if it hurts your body. It's's not like you can stop taking this drug. It causes a wide array of problems, and you don't know if they will effect you until you get the shot. I have had pretty good experiences with changing birth control before, and had no abnormal bleeding, no painful periods, no nothing, so I thought it would be OK. Literally the day I got the shot, I started my period again (it had just ended, too) and I didn't stop bleeding for 90 days. For the entire 3 months my entire uterus and vaginal opening was in complete agony. I couldn't stand being touched, and my husband got really angsty. I had the worst cramps of my life, too. The DAY the shot wore off, everything was better.”

Kelllllc February 20, 2018

For Birth Control: “Worst decision I ever made! I gained weight and bloated sooo bad even when I didn’t eat I bloated! I stopped taking it and I am still trying hard to lose the weight. I have always been petite but now I look pregnant because I am so bloated! I had no period which was nice but had no sex drive. It works for my friend but for me I hated it!!!”

Emma456 January 18, 2018

For Birth Control: “I loved it. I was on it a little over 2 years and have just stopped at the suggestion of the doctor due to the bone loss. I am struggling to find another birth control that could ever be as good for me personally as this one. I didn't have a period unless I was in my window for another shot (every 3 months). There were times where there was light spotting, but nothing bothersome. No cramps, mood swings, and no weight gain that I can tie to it. I hope I can find another that works so well with my body.”

A5672 December 19, 2016

For Birth Control: “Not only did I gain ten pounds in just a few months after maintaining a steady weight for years, after a few months the lining of my vaginal walls began to thin making sex really uncomfortable. I also have to get up to pee three times a night on average, which has never happened before and is really inconvenient. In order to combat the heavy periods I was getting after the first month, my doctor put me on Junel Fe as well, and that seems to be helping, but I had to go on a SECOND form of birth control that required taking a pill daily just because this worked so poorly and had so many side effects. Also noticed significant anxiety/hormonal fluctuations at random with zero cause since I've been on this.”

Hate it · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 2, 2016

For Birth Control: “I took the depo shot twice, one shot every 3 months, right after highschool. While I did not get pregnant i gained 50 pounds. I had always been a tiny person. I was 100 pounds when I graduated and after that 6 months I was 150. No change in diet and I was actually more active. AFTER I decided to get off of it I was unable to lose the weight and I didn't get my period for 9 months and was not abe to get pregnant for a year and 9 months, which actually was failed (blighted ovum) and I finally am pregnant 2 and a half years later. All from 2 shots. My whole life I had very regular light periods. After the shot they were random and fluctuated in flow from heavy to only spotting. I would never recommend this birth control.”

Crys1922 June 25, 2016

For Birth Control: “Never use this shot it makes your discharge thick and white after it wears off. You don't have a period for 2 years and it throws off the pH causing BV and frequent yeast infections also get a lot of head aches and low sex drive”

veromarr · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 8, 2016

For Birth Control: “I don't recommend it. Stay away from this shoot.”

AnonMD April 17, 2014

For Birth Control: “Just recently have got Depo subQ provera for the first time--(at the same time my best friend has gotten the regular Depo-Provera shot)--I haven't had any side effects: no mood swings, no weight gaining, nothing. While she's had some mood swings going on. I don't know if it's because it's a different Depo or just because I'm a different person, but I'd recommend this to people. Plus it's a much smaller needle that goes in your stomach instead of your arm.”

Anonymous January 25, 2012

For Birth Control: “Have been having terrible reaction to this medicine. Chest pain and shortness of breath. ”

Anonymous September 8, 2011

For Birth Control: “I highly recommend Depo. I was on it for a little over 2 years (which is not recommended). I didn't have a period, which I loved, and I only had to go in and get it every three months, which was also very nice. The only reason I stopped Depo was in order to try and get pregnant. Once I am done having kids/take a break from having kids, I will definitely go back to Depo. I also didn't have many side effects from Depo, just breakthrough bleeding some months.”

Anonymous June 4, 2009

For Birth Control: “Depo is a great contraceptive but side effects included weight gain for me, irritability, moodiness and loss in sex drive.”

Anonymous July 3, 2008

For Birth Control: “Best birth control I have ever had.”