User Reviews for depo-subQ provera 104 to treat Birth Control

depo-subQ provera 104 has an average rating of 4.8 out of 10 from a total of 16 ratings for the treatment of Birth Control. 38% of those users who reviewed depo-subQ provera 104 reported a positive effect, while 50% reported a negative effect.

depo-subQ provera 104 Rating Summary

4.8/10 average rating

Compare all 267 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for depo-subQ provera 104

aventurine · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 7, 2020

“I tried taking birth control pills first but it didn’t work out because I would always miss a day or two which wasn’t good. So I switched over to Depo-Provera Contraceptive I wasn’t told or aware of the side effects this form of birth control had. This was just convenient for me because first, I don't want a kid right now. Second, Depo Provera lasts about 3 months which was good for me I didn’t have to worry about whether or not I missed a day to take a pill, or getting pregnant. I was on it for about 9 months and since then I’ve noticed a huge change in my body , my mental health, and just my overall mood. About a month ago I was supposed to get the contraceptive again , but I haven’t gotten it and I’m pretty sure I won’t get it again. Till this day I am having real bad side effects of this shot, My anxiety levels has increased, headaches are worse, I tend to vomit more since I’ve been off it and I have a very bipolar mood.”

Non · Taken for 10 years or more July 26, 2019

“I had the depo injection after my youngest daughter was born - she is now 25 - I have not had a period since - not gained weight - best thing I ever did - only thing now is I don’t know if I have been through menopause as I am now 49 - I asked if it was okay to not have any period or spotting but docs do not really have an answer - can only have it until I’m 50”

Kimmy · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 21, 2019

“I will never take depo-provea again, I had mood swings, major depression, crying and nauseous. I have finally got my period back took about 2 months 4 days after injection period finished. I do not recommend taking this drug.”

AnonMD April 17, 2014

“Just recently have got Depo subQ provera for the first time--(at the same time my best friend has gotten the regular Depo-Provera shot)--I haven't had any side effects: no mood swings, no weight gaining, nothing. While she's had some mood swings going on. I don't know if it's because it's a different Depo or just because I'm a different person, but I'd recommend this to people. Plus it's a much smaller needle that goes in your stomach instead of your arm.”

Crys1922 June 25, 2016

“Never use this shot it makes your discharge thick and white after it wears off. You don't have a period for 2 years and it throws off the pH causing BV and frequent yeast infections also get a lot of head aches and low sex drive”

Anonymous September 8, 2011

“I highly recommend Depo. I was on it for a little over 2 years (which is not recommended). I didn't have a period, which I loved, and I only had to go in and get it every three months, which was also very nice. The only reason I stopped Depo was in order to try and get pregnant. Once I am done having kids/take a break from having kids, I will definitely go back to Depo. I also didn't have many side effects from Depo, just breakthrough bleeding some months.”

Kelllllc February 20, 2018

“Worst decision I ever made! I gained weight and bloated sooo bad even when I didn’t eat I bloated! I stopped taking it and I am still trying hard to lose the weight. I have always been petite but now I look pregnant because I am so bloated! I had no period which was nice but had no sex drive. It works for my friend but for me I hated it!!!”

dawn19825 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 11, 2018

“DON'T get this shot, because if it hurts your body. It's's not like you can stop taking this drug. It causes a wide array of problems, and you don't know if they will effect you until you get the shot. I have had pretty good experiences with changing birth control before, and had no abnormal bleeding, no painful periods, no nothing, so I thought it would be OK. Literally the day I got the shot, I started my period again (it had just ended, too) and I didn't stop bleeding for 90 days. For the entire 3 months my entire uterus and vaginal opening was in complete agony. I couldn't stand being touched, and my husband got really angsty. I had the worst cramps of my life, too. The DAY the shot wore off, everything was better.”

Hate it · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 2, 2016

“I took the depo shot twice, one shot every 3 months, right after highschool. While I did not get pregnant i gained 50 pounds. I had always been a tiny person. I was 100 pounds when I graduated and after that 6 months I was 150. No change in diet and I was actually more active. AFTER I decided to get off of it I was unable to lose the weight and I didn't get my period for 9 months and was not abe to get pregnant for a year and 9 months, which actually was failed (blighted ovum) and I finally am pregnant 2 and a half years later. All from 2 shots. My whole life I had very regular light periods. After the shot they were random and fluctuated in flow from heavy to only spotting. I would never recommend this birth control.”

A5672 December 19, 2016

“Not only did I gain ten pounds in just a few months after maintaining a steady weight for years, after a few months the lining of my vaginal walls began to thin making sex really uncomfortable. I also have to get up to pee three times a night on average, which has never happened before and is really inconvenient. In order to combat the heavy periods I was getting after the first month, my doctor put me on Junel Fe as well, and that seems to be helping, but I had to go on a SECOND form of birth control that required taking a pill daily just because this worked so poorly and had so many side effects. Also noticed significant anxiety/hormonal fluctuations at random with zero cause since I've been on this.”

Emma456 January 18, 2018

“I loved it. I was on it a little over 2 years and have just stopped at the suggestion of the doctor due to the bone loss. I am struggling to find another birth control that could ever be as good for me personally as this one. I didn't have a period unless I was in my window for another shot (every 3 months). There were times where there was light spotting, but nothing bothersome. No cramps, mood swings, and no weight gain that I can tie to it. I hope I can find another that works so well with my body.”

Anonymous January 25, 2012

“Have been having terrible reaction to this medicine. Chest pain and shortness of breath. ”

Anonymous July 3, 2008

“Best birth control I have ever had.”

Anonymous June 4, 2009

“Depo is a great contraceptive but side effects included weight gain for me, irritability, moodiness and loss in sex drive.”

veromarr · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 8, 2016

“I don't recommend it. Stay away from this shoot.”

P · Taken for less than 1 month April 29, 2018

“Do not recommend this. I've had horrid side effects. And Dr said pretty much gotta ride it out for 3 months”