User Reviews for Reclast

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Reclast.

Prevention of Osteoporosis
8.8

Osteoporosis

Summary of Reclast reviews 7.4 44 reviews

Reviews for Reclast

For Prevention of Osteoporosis "Less than 36 hrs after my first Reclast infusion I began shivering violently for over 2 hrs. Then I spiked a temp of 102.7. Within 24 hrs that had gone. Day 4 post infusion my left arm, wrist and hand began to hurt. This was the arm I received the infusion in. Now it has been 8 days since the infusion and each day the pain gets worse in my arm and hand. When I awaken the entire area is swollen and so painful even a sheet touching my fingertips brings excruciating pain. 2 extra strength Tylenol last about one hour. 4 Ibuprofen last about the same. Aleve (Naproxen) will last about 6 hrs. 2 Tylenol #3 gives relief for about 2 hrs. The pain and swelling have traveled up my arm, into my upper arm above the elbow."

halfadime7 (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2017

For Osteoporosis "I’ve had the Reclast infusion two times now. I’m 68 and my osteoporosis is not severe, and only in a couple of areas. I haven’t experienced any side effects at all. No improved energy either, as some report. But, my doctor says my bone density has improved following another test. So, I’ll likely continue with what he recommends."

Belm (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 18, 2017

For Osteoporosis "two days after injection I have severe lower back pain, unable to get out of bed without assistance, couldn't bend over, very painful on scale of 1 to 10, my pain level a 7. One week later, severe swelling of left hand fingers, very pain full. Morning headaches, very uncommon for me."

joyful1946 (taken for less than 1 month) November 25, 2017

For Osteoporosis "Last year's infusion brought four days of fever, made difficult because I can't take aspirin or other non steroidal anti-inflammatories. After two weeks, I'm nostalgic for those symptoms. This time body temp has stayed in the 96.4 range (95.9 this a.m.), when it's usually 97.6-98.6, so I feel very cold--until I get a savage hot flash requiring me to mop myself off with a towel, at least once an hour. I also have muscle cramps waking me up several times a night (more than prior to treatment). I've been lightheaded and fatigued. I also have fibromyalgia, but these symptoms are different/more intense. The doc told me he can do nothing. I'm frantic because I need to work and find that almost impossible. Anyone else with a situation like mine?"

Anti-Reclast (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 30, 2017

For Prevention of Osteoporosis "(FOR MALE JUVENILE OSTEOPOROSIS) While this medicine did seem to increase my bone density in the long run, the night after caused far more pain then the injury that fractured my spine, though this could be on account of my age. PLEASE be sure to check with your doctor over how it may effect you. That being said, calcium supplements and medication over a longer period of time also helped, even without a second Reclast treatment."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2017

For Osteoporosis "Do not use this drug or any bisphosphonate. The first year I used it 3 of my fingernails had lifted off their nail bed. The 2nd year I got osteonecrosis of my left lower jaw. I loss 3 teeth, cannot have implants due to poor bone quality. The 3rd year my doctor had decided not to give it to me. I still suffered side effects of this drug. I was standing in one place ironing a shirt when I heard a pop in my leg and could feel my femur moving over. That was 2 years ago and my femur is still fractured. I just had my 4th surgery and hoping this heals my fracture."

Pilialoha (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 20, 2017

For Osteoporosis "Had the infusion twice. The only side effect the 1st time was a slight headache. The 2nd time, no side effects at all. I highly recommend having this. Make sure you are well hydrate the day of the procedure."

Recast user May 7, 2017

For Osteoporosis "Had my first Reclast IV on Thursday morning. After a couple of hours started hurting all over and feeling terrible. By evening started running a fever of 100 - 101, had chills, nausea, pain all over and couldn't get out of bed until Saturday evening. Took Tylenol every 4 hours. On Sunday still did not feel a lot better but fever was getting better. Hope this gets better really soon."

Wedding flower by the road (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2017

For Osteoporosis "I would never have a reclast infusion again. Felt OK for a couple of weeks and thought I had missed all the problems people reported from it. After that my joints all started hurting and hurt for about 6 weeks. I felt so bad I didn't feel like doing anything, just sitting in a recliner hurt. It started to get some better and then my jaw started to hurt, it even made my teeth hurt on that side. I could hardly chew. It has slowly gotten better, but still hurts some, but has taken 6 months to finally start to feel like normal.. Will not do that again...."

Homebody22 March 21, 2017

For Osteoporosis "Hard to tell if this drug worked yet or not but it defiantly made me sick. Got the infusion Friday and on Saturday I had a 102 Fever and could barely get out of bed. I had chills, I'm sweating all over the place and my husband literally had to help me to the bathroom . I was dizzy and every bone in my body ached. By Sunday afternoon, I was a little bit better but four days later I'm still feeling achy and have diarrhea . I won't be doing another infusion."

Lucky445 November 22, 2016

For Osteoporosis "Reclast is a bad drug. It made my wife terribly ill! All side effects were devastating! It should be removed from use! She is lifeless in bed. had to take her to the ER for morphine and nausea meds and calcium. This drug is dangerous and the fda should be held responsible for its end results and its allowing of doctors to use in it the USA."

Aware12345 November 5, 2016

For Osteoporosis "I am 41 with Crohn's disease causing my lack of vitamin absorb. I had my monthly entyvio infusion and right after my first reclast infusion just yesterday. I was just fine until about 5 hours after when I started having diarrhea. It later turned into severe watery diarrhea shooting out into my Ostomy, chills, sweating, fever, aches, and weakness. I was told it may happen but was hoping not to me. If this helps me a few days of this is worth it and I will do it again. Like on Harry Potter "growing bones is a nasty business!" Lol"

Candi Simos September 17, 2016

For Osteoporosis "Received dose at 11am, by 10pm that night I had fever,chills, severe pain in back. I was extremely ill for 3 days, such a severe headache I couldn't open my eyes. A week later my hands suddenly swelled to the point I could not use them. Now nearly 3 months later I am in physical therapy to try to regain the strength in my legs. Other side effects were less severe, such as jaw pain for a few weeks. I would never ever take this medicine again."

sunshinegirl47 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2016

For Osteoporosis "No side effects at all; Actually felt better afterwards.. More energy"

Tanya2.0 May 12, 2016

For Osteoporosis "After having osteopenia progress to osteoporosis and not tolerating oral medications, my doctor suggested Reclast. I had my first infusion on Dec 26, 2015 and within days suffered incapacitating pain in my hands. It was so bad, I couldn't hold a toothbrush without tears due to the pain. Additionally, I started to have severe upper jaw pain. The hand pain has improved but not gone away entirely. The jaw pain has not resolved at all, making it hard to chew. I would not recommend this drug to anyone and would NEVER, NEVER use it again."

Designer Doll (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2016

For Osteoporosis "At age 54 failed my bone density had lost 20% of my bone mass in One year. I Participated in two blind studies and increase calcium an d intake. At end of studies found I had the placebos but had some positive results but not enough. Had my first Reclast yearly infusion 2012 no side effects and regained 10% of lost bone at bone scan. Had second yearly infusion this past October again no side effects hoping for another positive scan in May."

SlvRose December 13, 2015

For Osteoporosis "I was diagnosed with osteoporosis at age 47. After completing 2 years of Forteo treatment, I had an infusion of Reclast in Oct. 2014. I didn't experience any side-effects from the drug. I walk five to seven times a week, take a monthly RX Vitamin D tablet, and ensure enough daily calcium with almond milk and supplements. My bone scan of 12/2015 show a -1.3 T Score. I'm back in the osteopenic range - and very happy."

Fatchihuahua (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 12, 2015

For Prevention of Osteoporosis "The 45 minute infusion was a piece of cake.Take my calcium and vitamin D faithfully as you need it for the reclast to work. No side effects,no pain. "

Breezzy (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2015

For Osteoporosis "I had the Reclast done March 2015. I read the reviews and had put this off for a year but I am glad I did it because now I have more energy then I did before. I know I kept myself hydrated over a month faithfully and I experience no side effects. Awesome"

Alondra1 October 20, 2015

For Osteoporosis "Had my second infusion three days ago and had absolutely no side effects both times. Experienced dramatic 7-1/2% increase in bone density from the treatment after 8 straight dexas reflecting consistent bone loss. Could not be more pleased."

Reclast fan (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 5, 2015

For Osteoporosis "Rapid weight gain, even when dieting."

Ninna 38 August 28, 2015

For Paget's Disease "Paget's disease has plagued my family. My mother was diagnosed when she was 33. She is now 58 and reclast has destroyed her teeth and caused necrosis of her jaw."

Minetti101 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 9, 2015

For Osteoporosis "I have osteoporosis at age 49. I had reclast on March 5, 2015. The side effects that I have experienced have been extreme. About 4 hours after the treatment I felt a crushing sensation from shoulders to hips, difficulty breathing. Movement made it worse. Went to ER, Drs. administered by IV, Benadryl and steroid. I have experienced bone pain throughout my body, at times not able to move without pain. That has past after 2 1/2 weeks. I have extreme tingling, itching, redness in my entire body. Doctor put me on prednisone and hydroxyzine. This has not helped me. I am unable to sleep due the itching. Has anyone else had these side effects? If so then what did you do to take care of it."

Sherrywag66 April 12, 2015

For Osteoporosis "Had my infusion yesterday. I drank a few glasses of water in the morning and took an ibuprofen during the treatment. I had expected the '3 days of flu like symptoms' and even scheduled sick time to be prepared. Zero side-effects, no aches or pains, nothing...but still taking the time off so I can have fun. My stats: 50, 100#, just finished 2-years of Forteo, I take 1200mg Calcium a day plus a RX Vitamin D each month."

FatChihuahua (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2014

For Osteoporosis "I am 52 years old with no other medical problems. After having a Reclast treatment I have had very few side effects. I took 1200mg a day of Calcium Citrate and Vitamin D for about two weeks before my treatment and drank lots of water the day of the treatment before and after my treatment. I was able to go back to work the day after my treatment with no pain."

Anonymous September 29, 2014