User Reviews for Prolia

Osteoporosis   2.7

Reviews for Prolia

theworstdrug · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 19, 2021

For Osteoporosis: “Please do not consider ever taking this drug. I've learned there are options. As most have said, Prolia is one of the worst drugs on the market - for anything. Took my 88 year old mother in for what may have been her third injection. It destroyed her life beginning that same night of the injection. Could not figure if it was Covid or the injection as the timing was just exact. Negative Covid antibody test proved her problems were from Prolia. Six weeks and four nights in the hospital later and she is still suffering terribly. Class action lawyers? Where are you?! What seems so devious about the drug is that her doctor asked if she was a nursing home resident. This drug seems to be designed for those in nursing homes so that their pain, sleep and everything else described herein can be under 24-hour observation and controlled with other drugs.”

Stonewall · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 16, 2021

For Osteoporosis: “Had my fifth shot of Prolia December 8th 2020. Will definitely not be taken this drug again. I found with each passing injection the symptoms became more severe. I'm after going from a very fit person to totally disabled. Muscle weakness in thigh muscles and arms. Extreme pain in shoulders and arms. Very tight rib cage muscles. No energy. Extreme nausea. Discomfort in my throat. Dry cough at night time. Muscle stiffness twitching cramps and spasms. Severe right hip pain and sciatica pain. All of these started with taking prolia.”

Suz · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 10, 2021

For Osteoporosis: “I had my second and last injection January 2017. Still having the miserable side effects that I will probably have to live with the rest of my life. I so regret taking this drug. There is no coming back from this drug. That’s been my experience. Bone pain, nerve pain, digestive issues. And very difficult convincing a Dr. that this is side effect from this drug. And there’s nothing they can do to help you. Do your research before taking.”

Didi February 10, 2021

For Osteoporosis: “I sliped on the ice and fractured my hip.After the hip replacement my doctor put me on Prolia. Unfortunately I didn't check the side effects. Immediately after the first injection I developed terrible pain in my bones, joints and muscles, back and neck pain, cellulatis on my face, eczema in my ears, hair fall out and gastric problems. Only after the four injections I checked the side effects of Prolia and realized that all my problems started with this terrible drug.I immediately stopped Prolia and I am slowly getting better. I am on D vitamin and I eat dairy daily. From my experience I don't recommend this terrible drug to anybody.”

Margot · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 2, 2021

For Osteoporosis: “I have had 2 injections of Prolia and unfortunately I did not do my homework. I was on alendronate for years and nothing good came out of that. For some reason my insurance/drug company will not give me Prolia after the initial 2 injections and now I am grateful I can no longer get it. I have had severe leg pain in my left leg since starting but did not associate it with the Prolia injection. Now I do, I never had this pain until my first injection. Now it is a constant every time I bend, try to kneel the sharp pain is unbearable.”

Chick · Taken for less than 1 month January 17, 2021

For Osteoporosis: “I had the worst experience ever. I had angioedema of the face and almost 2 years later I am still having bouts of adverse events. Stomach issues, right side of face and ear seem to develop similar symptoms of angioedema but very light, severe back pain, my asthma has issues since the drug. These are just a few.”

Jo · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 13, 2021

For Osteoporosis: “I now have necrosis of the jaw bone after several years of prolia. Have been sent to several “specialist” and referred to a teaching hospital for treatment........not fun”

Bre · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 2, 2021

For Osteoporosis: “Had a wedge compression fracture in August 2019, doctor ordered Prolia injection. Wish I had never had it, developed stomach and intestinal problems, reflux, (never had any problems with that before), pain in groin (a cyst on ovary was found), increased pain in neck, had an increase in blood pressure, pulse rate increased, pain in arms, legs and continue with pain in back, muscle soreness and weakness. Was diagnosed with Barrett's Esophagus in January 2020. Never will allow another injection, and of course doctors don't believe it caused these problems.”

Lkarty · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 1, 2021

For Osteoporosis: “I have a BRCA 2 mutation so my doctor prescribed Prolia to offset the bone loss caused by the AI I was prescribed to reduce my risk of breast cancer. After the third shot, I started having muscle and bone pain in my leg that was so severe I could hardly walk. My doctor said it was not the Prolia causing it and she administered a fourth shot. That was July, 2020. Since then, the pain has gotten much worse. I stopped my AI in October so Prolia is the only med I am on. The pain can be mild to so severe, I am in tears. I was an active, healthy person before Prolia. Now I can barely walk. I have joined a Facebook group with over 3,000 women having similar and worse side effects. This drug is awful. I have reported to my doctor, the FDA and Amgen but no one has any suggestions to alleviate the horrible side effects. This drug should be removed from the market.”

Gina · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 22, 2020

For Osteoporosis: “After 2 injections of Prolia I began having slow speech and having trouble seeing the road/lanes while driving. These conditions have gotten worse and now I have writing and imbalance problems as the result of my eyesight. I’ve been to PCP who performed ANA tests that were negative, 4 neurologists with blood tests without appropriate results for Myasthenia Gravis and then diagnosed me with ALS without symptoms of twitching and swallowing problems, 1 ENT who performed a VNG & referred me back to the neurologist who had diagnosed the ALS. I think the Prolia had a lot to do with my conditions since it was the only new medication in my established plan for high blood pressure and Gert. I do not intend to continue the Prolia injections.”

Autumnsecho · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 20, 2020

For Osteoporosis: “Terrible pain in calf, hamstring, ankle and elbow. Can’t exercise or do my walks. Never again!”

Disillusioned · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 24, 2020

For Osteoporosis: “I had my first Prolia injection in June 2016. I have since had 9 injections. I did not relate the severe muscle soreness, joint and bone pain to the drug. I was fit and healthy prior to taking the drug, walking regularly, swimming and lifting weights. Now my life has been ruined. I have difficulty functioning on a daily basis. Simple tasks like getting out of bed; in and out of a chair; in and out of a car; getting dressed and undressed are painful. My strength has decreased alarmingly. I researched the side effects of Prolia [the only drug I was taking]. I couldn't believe my eyes. The drug that was supposed to be enhancing my life was destroying my life. The sad thing is a bone-density scan revealed that my bone density had not improved. All the technician could say was that "it had not become any worse". I will not be taking Prolia or any other drug again. I will increase the foods in my diet that have high calcium levels and continue to take Calcium and vitamin D and K2.”

Luigi · Taken for less than 1 month September 15, 2020

For Osteoporosis: “Prolia has given back pain so that it feels like it is going to break. Pains in my arms, legs and hands.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 9, 2020

For Osteoporosis: “This medication has worked great for me. The pain and inflammation in my body has been horrible. I have Lyme Disease and the Prolia has worked so far decreased the inflammation greatly. It's given me energy that I had completely lost. I am beginning to have a quality of life again.”

Lulu · Taken for less than 1 month August 27, 2020

For Osteoporosis: “I had one, and only one, injection of Prolia. The day after as I was sitting at the computer I began having severe chest pains that radiated up to my jaw. Needless to say I thought I was having a heart attack. I took an aspirin, unlocked my doors in case I had to call 911, and in about 50 minutes the pain subsided. A couple of weeks later I had a routine appointment with my cardiologist and was talking with the PA and she told me that her aunt had exactly the same reaction after her first, and only shot. I refused the second shot and will never have another. Nor will I have a bone density test as I refuse to take medication anyway.”

Ann August 1, 2020

For Osteoporosis: “Prolia, for me it was a nightmare. With my first injection, I had problems in my jaw. My second injection was in early 2020, Covid time. In March while walking, I noticed shortness of breath. Scary. Later developed a lingering Upper Respiratory Infection. Then came heart palpitations. 3 ENTs said it was GERD. Developed no voice, sore and swollen throat and difficulty eating. Sinus issues also. So many tests and many of the doctors indicated possible side effects from the drug. Here it is August and still suffering. The Company just said sorry and did indicate some of the side effects on the list. I am still on meds and hoping my problems disappear and they are not permanent. Over 100 amoxicillin pills, and months of pantoprazone and dozens of other meds. I hope there is a class action suit for this med or a black box warning.”

Ninetyplus · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 27, 2020

For Osteoporosis: “This drug was recommended by the endocrinologist. Only took the first dose. Although slowed bone loss in the body, it impaired the bone growth in the jawbone and also caused cancer to grow in the jawbone. After visiting dentist, I was educated about drugs like this. I hope before anyone takes this drug or any similar medication, speak to your dentist.”

MissLeopard83 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 22, 2020

For Osteoporosis: “Both my grandmother and my mother took this medication and it harmed their health. Caused cracked teeth, widespread joint and bone pain, and increased fatigue. It is supposed to help remineralize your bones but it appears to leech the calcium elsewhere in the body. My mom got such horrible cramps in her calves, it was pathetic. Both of them stopped the medication and they are still having side effects years later. This is poison.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 21, 2020

For Osteoporosis: “Had my first Prolia injection Feb 2020. Two to three days later upper abdominal swelling indigestion and reflux. Then came the blisters and my whole back peeled. Then came the aches and pains in lower back hip groin and knee. Next my hair started falling out my osteoarthritis in my hands was on fire with reddening of my skin. Constipation like I have never experienced and after 8 weeks a weight gain of 6kg. Blood test revealed raised levels of the parathyroid hormone was 2.7 now 9.7 out of the normal range. Cholesterol up vitamin b down to low levels . It’s called a road of misery. Been to doctors weekly endocrinologist but can do nothing. Have to wait for it to wean out of the body. Totally depressed with mood swings. I give it a zero Will not be getting another injection of it again ☹️”

Anne May 30, 2020

For Osteoporosis: “Agonising severe pain in thigh muscle. Unable to walk after sub cut injection No analgesics reduce pain How long will this go on for”

Geminii April 30, 2020

For Osteoporosis: “I dont know what to think about this medication. Been using it for 1 year now. I don't sleep due the the bone pain. My shoulders, elbows and hips are causing excruciating joint pain especially at resting time.”

PAIN! · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 11, 2020

For Osteoporosis: “I had my first injection in Aug 2019. I’ve had joint stiffness and muscle aches daily. I’ve also noticed my legs have gotten so weak! When I walk down stairs I have to hold onto the railing for dear life, in case my legs collapse. I’m 58 years old but I feel like I’m 75. I just had my second shot yesterday and a few hours after I had it, I suddenly felt a horrible sharp pain in my lower leg that felt like a spasm, and it quickly spread down into my foot and then my foot became totally numb. I’ve never ever had this happen to me before, but the nurse believes it’s not related to the prolia. I’m convinced that it is.”

Slena · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 10, 2020

For Osteoporosis: “I took Prolia for 3 years. I didn't have any side effects until my 6th and last shot. The day I received my shot my gums started bleeding and I've had a bad taste in my mouth that I can't get rid of. I've since stop taking the shot. I'm very disappointed in not being informed that you can't stop taking this drug!”

Dog Lover March 9, 2020

For Osteoporosis: “Density went from -1.2 to -2.8 in 2 years bc of taking steroids for 2 years .Prior to Prolia, started weight bearing exercise regime to intensify bone building & planned to continue after taking the drug. I can’t because Of pain! Fingers,t humb,& wrist, shoulders, shoulder blades, right groin, hips & pelvic area with the worst In back & neck. Muscle soreness:biceps & thighs. Jaw pain for a month. Weakness: legs,arms, &hands. Major stiffness after short time sitting. Back cracks when I stand up, bend over or stretch. Hearing loss, fatigue & now take meds for insomnia. I was active: went to the gym, out with friends, walked 2 mi/day. No more. I awaken in the morning & can barely move. I’m depressed because of my situation. I had NONE of these Issues prior to taking this drug! Common De-denominator and cause = Prolia! This drug is poison & shame on the FDA. The makers of Prolia have put aside billions of $ for lawsuits. Hmm wonder why. I will NOT take my next injection despite what my doc advises. My whole life has been turned upside down.”

Emma · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2020

For Osteoporosis: “You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. google "FDA Adverse Event Reporting System"”