User Reviews for Prolia

Osteoporosis
3.3

Summary of Prolia reviews 3.3 107 reviews

Reviews for Prolia

For Osteoporosis "I had my first injection of prolia 5 weeks ago. Two weeks later I was admitted to hospital with severe headache, weakness, dehydration and generally feeling dreadful. I was treated for meningitis and I am still waiting for the results of x rays, MRI scans and CAT scans. The pain down the left side of my neck was unbearable. I am convinced all this was a result of Prolia. I won't to taking a second shot of it and would urge anyone thinking of taking it to think twice before you do."

Tobes August 6, 2018

For Osteoporosis "My doctor recommended Prolia noting that it is a drug that can actually reverse osteoporosis. Unfortunately, I did not carefully review all the literature concerning Prolia before the 1st injection. Prior to injection, I had a lot of arm muscle and joint pain due to lupus. I also had leg pain. Within 2-3 wks following injection, I started having severe arm muscle pain and also leg pain. My knees started to bother me and one knee got really swollen. It is very hard in the mornings- painful to move my arms and painful to walk. I have also had increased pain in my hands/feet and some neck/jaw pain. In general, this has been horrible. I will not take this drug again."

sam (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2018

For Osteoporosis "Shot number 2 gave me severe abdominal pain, bloating, IBS and pain in my jaw, arms legs and I also had dizziness. Then shot number 3 - (my last shot) put me in hospital with colitis, jaw pain, dizziness and mucus and blood flowing from my butt. The list of horrors goes on!! Prolia is dangerous!!!!!! "

PAMELA GUNCHICK (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 3, 2018

For Osteoporosis "This is a drug awful. I took Forteo for the 24 month allowed by FDA after fracturing my left hip, femur, tibia and fibula then was prescribed Prolia. I've been a diabetic for 52 yrs and during those 52 yrs I have never experienced anything as horrible as the side effects of Prolia. My back hurts so bad I can’t sit or stand, my feet and ankles are swollen and my whole body is so sore that I feel as if I fell off a mountain and survived. The FDA has made a horrible mistake to have approved this drug. I have taken my one and only shot and pray I survive it!!"

Crockett (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2018

For Osteoporosis "After my third shot of Prolia I have had so much joint pain and muscle pain in my hips that I can not walk without a walker. It started the day after the shot I also have bad back pain. It has been one and a half months now and the pain has not resolved. Does it every go away?"

B (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 10, 2018

For Osteoporosis "I was talked into taking Prolia shots by my RA doctor, I have RA. I wish I has never started this med. I have had back spasms, joint pain, all over. I wasn't aware that after 4th injection you have to go back after 3 months and have intravenous of Fosomex to keep Prolia in your system, this needs to be done every yr. I have had so many side effects caused by this drug. It should be taken off the market. Do not start this drug is my advice. Oh yes, and every shot even with insurance has cost me $500. I can't wait to see my Dexa scan in 3 months. There better be some improvement."

sam (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 4, 2018

For Osteoporosis "The first shot of Prolia I had, I asked the doctor to break it up into 2 sessions a month apart from each other. Then I had no side effects. Second shot I thought would be fine full force but BIG mistake ! Now I have a terrible sinus infection (apparently common side effect women 60+) and gum pain. This all happened within a few days of the injection. Hoping things improve this second week. I'm not going to take Prolia again."

Canadian girl (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2018

For Osteoporosis "To refer to this as a drug is a misnomer, this is a borderline poison. Shame on the FDA and the doctors that promote it, my guess is that they have never taken a an injection of it, just some $ for pushing it."

Very Sorry I trusted (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2018

For Osteoporosis "Have been taking this every six months, went from full osteoporosis to now above the line, have built up my bone density over five years. Feel this has been an amazing medication for me. Also take a once a month high dose of vitamin D which was told this helps the prolia to rebuild the bones. My bone density has increased ever year to the point where I will only get tested every two years now."

Linda (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 20, 2018

For Osteoporosis "Had terrible experience with this drug. My doctor recommended it to treat my osteopenia condition as a preventive measure, more than 2 years ago. Within a few weeks of the first shot, I developed hives and what looked like insect bites. I had been swimming in the sea daily so I thought I was bitten by sea lice. Six months later, after the second Prolia shot, all hell broke loose. I developed severe skin problems, itchy all over, hives appeared in any and every part of my body and they turned into blisters that would break and bleed. Every morning, my pyjamas would have blood spots in many places. I am now in my eleventh month since the last shot and the itchiness is not over. I cursed my own stupidity for trusting my doctor and not do my own due diligence before taking Prolia. My doctor was totally helpless when I reported the problem to her and was not helpful. She kept saying that Prolia has little to no side effects, but she could not explain or treat my condition."

JOhn (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 13, 2018

For Osteoporosis "I had prolia injection two weeks ago for the fist time and developed bad gum pain and body ache. I want to stop taking it however if I do stop it I will have a side effect as well. They trap us both ways. Why doctors recommend this horrible medication. I feel I am a victim of medical professionals and the pharmaceutical company who produces this medication."

Kiyokawa (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2018

For Osteoporosis "AFTER THE 2ND AND 3RD (the 3rd being my last) my life is a living hell. i have digestive issues, tons of mucus in stools, lots of severe pain in abdomen, both hips, both thighs, arms, cold sweats, jaw bone pain andI feel weak, dizzy and no appetite. It feels like I am dying. Don't take this prescription it is very very dangerous!!!!!!!"

PAMELA G (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 29, 2018

For Osteoporosis "My mom was given Prolia in injection form approximately six years ago and overall her bone density improved. Over these years she has had extreme insomnia and pain in her back, neck, wrists, fingers, legs, toes and now recently her hip. She had an X-ray and they found that her upper femur had a partial break. It just broke, no fall and the area it broke was weak but the rest of her femur was strong. She immediately had surgery and they put a metal nail in to stabilize. Drs are convinced that it was extended use of Prolia. Now they want her on Forteo. Reading the side effects from that is horrifying and it is a 2 year medicine after that they say Prolia again... Which is NOT going to happen. My advice, try diet and exercise first and if on Prolia only use it for a limited time."

Gemelli2 (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 28, 2018

For Osteoporosis "Bad pain in hips leg so bad Dr thinks a pinched nerve - but I know its from Prolia. This was my 3rd shot and I'll never take it again. I want to know how long the pain will last"

BK (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2018

For Osteoporosis "My side effects began after my 2nd of 3 injections. Terrible skin rashes on face , hands, legs. Sores in my mouth that prohibited me eating so I suffered weight loss. Terrible muscle pain In my shoulders resulting in severe bursitis. The worst was infections in my teeth resulting in the loss of a front tooth. It wasn't until I reread the side effects that others were experiencing that I connected my problems to Prolia. I no longer am taking it but am still dealing ,2 years later, with muscle pain which comes and goes, and huge dental bills re bone grafts and dental implants. I had previously taken Actonel with no problems and still wonder why I agreed to Prolia!"

Jude May 9, 2018

For Osteoporosis "Severe side effects, hair loss! Skin rash. Do NOT recommend this drug."

Magnolia (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2018

For Osteoporosis "I am 58 years old, an avid exerciser, walker and healthy eater. I have solid hips, arms, legs but due to Hashimoto's disease, came down with osteo in my spine. My doctors recommended Polia. Amgen does provide a $1500 credit to persons who have insurance so this helped with the cost as my insurance only covered $400. HOWEVER. I know these drugs will not be effective after 5 years and carry many health risks. For myself, within 2 months after my first injection, I gained 20 pounds, my skin is dry, back pain, arm and upper leg pain, not one solid stool, UTI's, cough, and who know's what else. I have decided not to continue with this or any other of its kind. I'll stick with regular exercise, Vit D and calcium supplement's and a healthy dietary intake. I think the risks of these drugs outweigh the benefits."

Ms. Pennsy (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2018

For Osteoporosis "Just received first injection two weeks ago. After reading the comments above I'm afraid my misery has only begun. Had to start using my cane again due to increased pain and fatigue. Odd though, this afternoon took a nap only to awake to high frequency noise in both ears, that was six hours ago; haven't noticed any comments about the ears except one."

Mel (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2018

For Osteoporosis "I have only had one shot of prolia but I haven't felt well since then. My symptoms are intermittent fever, shivers, Bone and joint pain, severe fatigue and jaw pain"

una healy April 10, 2018

For Osteoporosis "I received my first Prolia injection, June, 2017, and the second injection, December 19, 2017. I did experience back, hip, and jaw pain with the first; however, it has been much worse after the second. I’m taking six Advil per day with little relief. The pain is interfering with activity at work, home, etc...I will have to talk to my nurse practitioner. My bone density has improved; however, due to the pain, I wish I had not taken the medication."

margoh (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 4, 2018

For Osteoporosis "I have taken Prolia for six years. Last summer my muscles in my knee ,that I had a replacement, would tighten up so I couldn't walk. I had another shot in November 2017 not knowing that the Prolia shot could be causing my pain. My Endocrinologist told me in December that it was the shot causing my problem. The muscle spasms have been severe this last month. I am afraid to go anywhere by myself. The pain will come on in a matter of seconds. Other pain in hands, feet and arms. Can anyone tell me how long it will take to get this out of my system? No more Prolia!!!!"

gcruse1952 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 5, 2018

For Osteoporosis "I received the injection in December ‘17 and the shot was easy to take. I initially had no local side effects to the injection. Three weeks after receiving the injection of Prolia I started to feel numbness and tingling all over my body and I developed diarrhea. I ended up going back to my Doctor who took my calcium level and it dropped to 7.1. I started increasing my calcium intake and it went back to normal after two weeks. I still have multiple spasms in my body. The diarrhea really did resolve in two weeks and after losing my appetite it came back after three weeks. I am now 2 1/2 months into the shot and still getting quivering and spasms all over my body including my arms legs and face especially around my mouth hands and feet. There are times I feel foggy and extremely fatigued. The feelings do come and go. This drug is a nightmare. I would not waste my time taking this drug I already lost two months of my life. Too bad there is not a way to reverse it."

Lousy March 4, 2018

For Osteoporosis "It took one full year after my second injection of Prolia for the excruciating back pain and paralyzing fatigue to stop. Still have some remaining nerve pain and muscle soreness. Very difficult to get my doctors to believe it was side effect of the drug but finally convinced a new Endocrinologist I went to see that it was from Prolia. Very scary year."

Suse March 4, 2018

For Osteoporosis "I had my first shot on 2/13/2018 (my Dr. didn't tell me name of shot or any side effects of this drug) because of bone density test due to medication for breast cancer. Feb. 25 had the worst gum infection and sore jaw. Went to immedicare and they gave me a antibotic , then on Mon. I found a dentist that would take me in and I wanted to have the tooth extracted that was causing the problem. Dentist had numbed me etc, just before procedure he asked if I was on any bone treatment and told him about the shot. He stopped and called by Dr. and was told what I was taking, so he has now referred me to an oral surgeon. The dentist explained the drug I was taking and what could have happened if he had done the extraction. I will not be taking this again. Preventative isn't worth the other risks."

Always Ask February 28, 2018

For Osteoporosis "59 years old. First injection December 2017. Now Feb 2018. No side effects at all. Also taking 4000iu vitamin D and Caltrate. Yoga, weight and resistance training. Discovered epilepsy medication zonisamide contributing to bone density loss. Hoping to cease depletion and restore somewhat. Watch this space...."

Meandering (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2018