User Reviews for Prolia

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Prolia.

Osteoporosis
3.8

Summary of Prolia reviews 3.8 73 reviews

Reviews for Prolia

For Osteoporosis "I wish that I had never heard of this medication. I have been on it for about 6 months now and it has destroyed me and my families life. I can't do anything that I was doing before I started this. I was very happy, active, love to work and really enjoyed playing with my grandchildren and taking vacations with all of my family. I don't know what I would have done if it had not been for my wonderful husband of 52 years. I have so much pain all over my entire body and I feel so miserable all the time. My husband has had to take over the house cleaning , cooking and shopping. It is also impossible to sleep because of pain in both hips and back. I am also loosing a lot of my hair now. Prolia has taken the prize for being the worse med ever"

Nans8 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "It’s worked very well for me. I started taking it at 55 years old when after falling and breaking 5 bones in my foot, the doctor had a dexa scan done. I was -2.8. I’ve now been on it for four and a half years with no side effects or problems. Last bone scan had my lowest score at -1.6."

Ks888 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "4 months after the 3rd injection developed a gum abscess. Followed by loose teeth, inability to chew semihard substance such as apple and chewy vegetables. Also developed rash and bladder infection. Still has loose sensitive teeth 12 months after last injection. Precribing doctor has denied association. 2 Dentists found nothing wrong with the teeth just prior to the abscess developing. Recommended root canal, but treated conservatively."

Margont (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "I had my first Prolia shot in August, 2017 and have had no ill effects from it. I do not know if it is doing the job, but at least, I am feeling great !!"

Janlol (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "3 weeks ago had my 2nd Prolia injection. Several days afterwards, I started feeling excessive tiredness. Then shortly after that, it escalated into body aches. This has been continuing ever since. I take Tylenol at least twice a day. Needless to say, this has impacted my daily activities. Initially, I thought that I just came down with a cold with flu symptoms. Then, yesterday I reflected and recognized that the Prolia injection must be the source. Actually, I remember that I had similar symptoms after the first injection but lasted a shorter length of time. Just be aware that this medication directly impacts your immune system. I hope that my symptoms go away very soon and don't think I will get this injection again."

DebDeb3 (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "Prolia is killing me, too. My leg and buttocks are in constant pain that just doesn't stop. It's hard to lay down, it's hard to stand up, it's hard to just sit here without shifting position every three seconds. Here's the thing with stopping Prolia before finishing the drug. You are apt to have vertebrae break spontaneously. Which is worse? A broken back or pain that is almost unbearable? We should have been informed about these side effects. I bet Blyth Danner never even really took the shot or she wouldn't be happy up there on stage. Point is, don't stop till it's done. You could be sorry."

graylynmichelle (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "Hi. I am 62. Diagnosed with Osteoporosis in 2008. Bone density has increased with Fomax (for 7 years) /calcium & walking 20 mikes plus a week. Had my first Prolia injection in July and 4 days later started to feel very bloated. At first I didn't link it to the jab as I do get a bit of IBS. After 2 weeks wasn't responding to anything - and I felt worse. Have since seen the GP had blood tests & an ultra sound scan has showed an almost impacted colon. GP agrees with me that it is due to the Prolia. Laxatives are helping - but the bloating is still terrible. I'm just desperate to know when this drug will wear off. No more Prolia for me folks!!."

Frankie1955 August 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "Received injection 02/20/2017, upon 3rd day overall body hurt. On the 8th day with no relief I contacted the infusion center, they stated it was unusual. On the 12th day they advised me to contact my primary care physician. I experienced severe thigh bone, muscle and joint pain in my hips, legs, arms and shoulders. This discomfort impeded my abilities to exercise. Prior to this injection I would swim 3 times a week, do daily light weight and yoga for exercise. I could not put any pressure on my knees if I attempted to kneel down because it felt like my thigh bone was going to break as well as getting sharp pain in my groin area. To date August 2017, still discomfort however not as severe. Refused 2nd injection. Do not recommend Prolia."

MTC103054 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "I had first Prolia injection November 2016. Within a few weeks I gained 10 lbs very rapidly but put it down to changing time of taking Prednisolone meds that I am on long term for Polymyalgia. I had 2nd injection May 2017 and I can only say that since then I feel like I've been run over by a bus !! Bad insomnia, fatigue, neck pain, pain in upper legs and upper arms. Also numbness in face which is very annoying especially near eye as it feels like something is too close to my eye ! I will not take this drug again and am mad at myself that I did not check out the side effects before hand. I took the word of my consultant that it was the greatest thing !"

Margaret OC (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "Severe side effects. Very bad drug. Brings out the bad DNA we never knew we had before. Will never take again."

MissBlissPood (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "My GP recommended I have this injection, replacing Evista. I've had only one injection in February 2017. About three weeks later, I had terrible ear/jaw pain and went to the doctor. She diagnosed a sinus/allergy infection and gave me meds for that. It did clear up. However, after reading more about Prolia later I found out that one of the side effects is jaw pain. Also, since I had the injection I have had continuous itching of the face and excessive hair loss, which I also read are side effects. I am scheduled for another injection the end of August but I am going to cancel and will not have another injection. I don't know what the benefits would be but don't think they are worth the irritation. Will consult again with my GP."

skayhite (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "I don't think it's that bad... yet. I've only had one shot on June 2, 2017, so maybe it hasn't happened yet? maybe? Sure, I have leg and muscle pains, but I did before too. There isn't anything unusual to report... but it hasn't been even two months yet. This shot is not like Forteo which is absolutely the best osteoporosis shot imaginable... but you can only take that a couple years max. The biggest complaint I can think of with this stuff is that you will lose bone mass really, really fast and be much more likely to fracture once you stop taking it for six months. And that is a scary thought. For that I give it a 6,0"

stargazer0606 July 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "Received 1st Prolia shot May 15th. Went to Dr. July 14th to find out why my upper legs hurt so bad. X-rays didn't show anything so was being referred to physical therapy to see if that would help. And then I saw a commercial about Prolia with one of the side effects being leg pain! Unbelievable I thought. Have some of the other side effects too. Urgent urination and rapid weight gain. I should have googled side effects before having the shot. No more shots for me."

bonehealth (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "Will never take it again worst experience in my life. Took it twice the first time rashes all over my back spend a lot of money going to the dermatologist. Second time severe pain in the body specially in both legs still going to Dr to try to solve the problems. On top of that lots of headache. Can't sleep at night with pain in my legs. No one should have to go through that much suffering to treat an illness. FDA should stop this drug on the market. Not recommended for anyone."

MR Hillcrest, NY 2017 July 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "Had mild hip pain before , but after the prolia injection it increased to a full blown 10 in pain :( feels like my bones actually have gotten weaker while on this medication."

Esvergara21 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "I submitted my first review on April 13. Today it's June 4 th and still SUFFERING with daily pain from the drug."

Suse 50 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "Three days after receiving my first Prolia injection I developed a cough, which turned into bronchitis & was treated with antibiotics - bad luck, a coincident I thought. A month later my life change with severe bone pain in my right jaw, I had lock jaw 5 times. Pain in my right shoulder, ribs, my neck was so stiff, but worse was my lack of immobility, my morning walk to the bathroom was just like watching Frankenstein walk, I couldn't move any faster because of the pain. Getting on the toilet one off the toilet was a major event. Turning in bed was excruciating and sometimes impossible, this lasted the whole of the summer 2015, which eventually tampered off to where I am today. Worst experience of my life. No more Prolia for me."

Tillygirl May 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "Insomnia, fatigue, confusion"

Bug woman May 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "Leg pain & back pain, constant: relieved somewhat with Aleve due for repeat Dexascan next month: will not continue this medication regardless of results of Dexascan!"

MonroeB (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "After taking fosamax for 5 years I was prescribed Prolia in June 2013, I have been hospitalised on 4 occasions with back spasms so severe it took over 2 hrs to get me in the ambulance fully medicated, I then spent 8-10 days in hospital each time waiting for the spasms to stop, after being discharged each time had to use a walker for a week because I couldn't stand longer than a few steps because of the damage the spasms had caused. No doctor has been able to give me answers until 4 days ago after spending another day in hospital because I spent 2 hrs on the floor in a shopping centre that Prolia is more than likely the reason. I also have ankles which are the size of the tops of my legs, this too has only been in the last 3yrs"

mia from melbourne aus (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "Days after receiving my Prolia injection, I experienced vertigo, high blood pressure, and fatigue. Now I am on meds for the high blood pressure, and vertigo. It has been a month,and the vertigo is not controlled enough for me to continue my Yoga classes. I will never get another shot."

CannM April 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "Have had 3rd injection. No side effects what so ever. Bone density in hips increased 6.5% and 1.9% in spine. 57 yr old. with osteo since 52 yo. Have had gum disease since 30's. Maybe some increase in symptoms, but would rather have bad mouth than break hip. Other than cost, highly recommend."

JEvansRogers April 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "For Osteoporosis: In 2014 the Dr. prescribe me Prolia due to its stronger potency, along with the continued Cal-VitD tablet. Though my bone density increased some % since taking Prolia, starting one year ago I was feeling a constant back pain, from right to left of my hip, now and constantly 90% on the left side, I was diagnosed with weakness of the last 5 lumbar vertebrates. I do pilates reformer since 4 years ago as a therapy three times a week, walk almost every day 4-5 Km and play golf 1-2 x week, I used to be very actvive, but this back pain is really hurting and making me depressed. "

RBCbenito April 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "I was diagnosed with Osteo in 2010 and was put on Fosamax, along with a daily dose of calcium-VitD. tablet. In 2014 the Dr. changed my prescription to Prolia due to its stronger potency, along with the continued Cal-VitD tablet. Though my bone density increased 10% since taking Prolia, I feel the side effects may out weigh any positive bone density increases. With constant jaw pain, I also have unusual problems with my teeth; constant infections, pain in one tooth or another, and Root Canal Treatments needed. I suffer insomnia, something I never had pre Prolia. With no warning or trigger I have constant blood blisters in my mouth, some as big as 5cent pieces. My cholesterol has increased. I feel unusually tired & have regular leg cramps."

L.Stone (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "I was prescribed Prolia by my endocrinologist 4 years ago for osteopenia. My experience with it is 90% positive; it has completely reversed my bone loss, and my bones are continuing to improve (I'm in my mid 60s and have experienced declining bone density since menopause in 2004). No side effects, except for possible lower back pain which my specialist did say may happen. Not sure whether Prolia caused this, as it only happened once; I spend a lot of time working out and may have hurt my back then. Great drug! Fantastic for bone loss; highly recommended if you don't experience side effects. Beats nasty bisphosphanates hands down! Downside is the cost; this drug isn't covered by Medicare (in Australia) unless you have had a fracture."

SandyKatz (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 27, 2017