User Reviews for Xgeva

Xgeva has an average rating of 6.1 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings on Drugs.com. 57% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 29% reported a negative experience.

Osteolytic Bone Metastases of Solid Tumors
Giant Cell Tumor of Bone
Hypercalcemia of Malignancy
Summary of Xgeva reviews 6.1 8 reviews

Jeffsjoy · Taken for 1 to 6 months · February 8, 2020

For Osteolytic Bone Metastases of Solid Tumors: “I just had my third dose of Xgeva, I have them monthly for Metastatic Breast Cancer . The first 2 times I had some lower back pain and minor aches and just feeling yucky for 24 hours. I had my 3rd shot yesterday. I woke up after midnight in a lot of pain. My bones, muscles and joints hurt. I was able to fall back to sleep but felt awful the next day and had more localized pain where my cancer is. When I related this to my doctors nurse she was surprised because she had never heard of this. I've read quite a few reviews of other patients experiencing the same thing. I'm uncertain as to continue taking this medication.”

AW NJ · December 17, 2016

For Hypercalcemia of Malignancy: “I have Lung cancer w/ mets to bone. Two hours after the injection, I experienced the worst pain ever in my life! I walked into the infusion area without any body pain, just a very slight back ache which advil was helping, and 2 hours later I was crippled. It's 2 weeks now & I'm either in a wheelchair or walking around the house with a cane. Horrible, horrible medication. i now take oxycontine every 12 hours and oxycodone every 3 hours. Refuse this drug if you are smart. Even my oncologist is "surprised" with the side effects I have. I refuse to have a second injection of xgeva.”

Kim · Taken for 2 to 5 years · June 8, 2019

For Osteolytic Bone Metastases of Solid Tumors: “I have been on Xgeva for the last three years, I have breast cancer stage 3. I receive the shots every 3 months and I take a calcium pill every day. I don’t have pain from the Xgeva. I only get a burning sensation with the shot. If I feel cramping in my legs I eat a banana everyday. I don’t know how long it is effective? Does anyone else know how many years or how long you can take it or how long it is effective for?”

Unlucky · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · November 16, 2019

For Osteolytic Bone Metastases of Solid Tumors: “I had been having injections of Xgeva for 7 months; I never had any difficulty - after my eighth injection, after two days I developed horrific pains at the sites of very old bone and joint injuries - I cannot explain why the difference - even my hands hurt! I am very reluctant to take ay more of this drug.”

TK · Taken for 2 to 5 years · October 19, 2019

For Giant Cell Tumor of Bone: “Took Xgeva for 2 year for Giant Cell Tumor of the spine. Doctor stopped it after 2 years because I was doing so well. Exactly Six months later the tumor came back. Now I'm on another round of treatments.”

Mugglewart · Taken for 1 to 2 years · August 12, 2021

For Osteolytic Bone Metastases of Solid Tumors: “I have prostate cancer that metastasized to the bone. This would be stage 4 prostate cancer. The prostate was removed by surgery 10 years earlier. I have been getting Xgeva injections for about 14 months. The pain I notice is in both upper legs and my low back. Pain could be from cancer or Xgeva. Just don't know. The back hurts a lot. I have learned to pre medicate with Alive or Tylenol about 2 hours before going to bed. This usually works. I go to bed without pain but it comes on as I lay in bed so I catch it early.”

Weezie · June 20, 2018

For Osteolytic Bone Metastases of Solid Tumors: “Terrible side effects bone pain, weakness, groin and hip pain.”