Does Xgeva cause low blood pressure?
Low blood pressure is not a common side effect of Xgeva; however, it may occur in people who are allergic to Xgeva alongside other allergy symptoms such as facial and throat swelling and tightness, shortness of breath, and a rash.
If you are experiencing low blood pressure soon after starting Xgeva, tell your doctor. It may be due to another medication you are taking or the condition you are taking Xgeva for.
Rarely, Xegva may cause high blood pressure which may cause few symptoms apart from a headache. Talk to your doctor if you think you might have high blood pressure.
Common side effects reported with Xgeva are bone and joint pain, diarrhea, headache, low phosphate levels, nausea, shortness of breath, and tiredness. Common serious adverse reactions include osteonecrosis of the jaw and osteomyelitis. Always tell your doctor if you experience any new or unusual thigh, hip or groin pain; bone, joint, or muscle pain; or jaw pain.
- Xgeva (denosumab) [Package Insert] 02/2020 Amgen Inc https://www.drugs.com/pro/xgeva.html
Related Medical Questions
- Xgeva vs Prolia. How do they compare?
- How many years should you take Prolia?
- How long should you take Xgeva for?
- Is Xgeva a chemotherapy drug?
- Does Xgeva cause bone pain?