User Reviews for Denosumab

Osteoporosis 2.7
Summary of Denosumab reviews 2.8 264 reviews

Reviews for Denosumab

Luigi · Taken for less than 1 month September 15, 2020

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: “Prolia has given back pain so that it feels like it is going to break. Pains in my arms, legs and hands.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 9, 2020

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: “This medication has worked great for me. The pain and inflammation in my body has been horrible. I have Lyme Disease and the Prolia has worked so far decreased the inflammation greatly. It's given me energy that I had completely lost. I am beginning to have a quality of life again.”

Lulu · Taken for less than 1 month August 27, 2020

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: “I had one, and only one, injection of Prolia. The day after as I was sitting at the computer I began having severe chest pains that radiated up to my jaw. Needless to say I thought I was having a heart attack. I took an aspirin, unlocked my doors in case I had to call 911, and in about 50 minutes the pain subsided. A couple of weeks later I had a routine appointment with my cardiologist and was talking with the PA and she told me that her aunt had exactly the same reaction after her first, and only shot. I refused the second shot and will never have another. Nor will I have a bone density test as I refuse to take medication anyway.”

Ann August 1, 2020

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: “Prolia, for me it was a nightmare. With my first injection, I had problems in my jaw. My second injection was in early 2020, Covid time. In March while walking, I noticed shortness of breath. Scary. Later developed a lingering Upper Respiratory Infection. Then came heart palpitations. 3 ENTs said it was GERD. Developed no voice, sore and swollen throat and difficulty eating. Sinus issues also. So many tests and many of the doctors indicated possible side effects from the drug. Here it is August and still suffering. The Company just said sorry and did indicate some of the side effects on the list. I am still on meds and hoping my problems disappear and they are not permanent. Over 100 amoxicillin pills, and months of pantoprazone and dozens of other meds. I hope there is a class action suit for this med or a black box warning.”

Ninetyplus · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 27, 2020

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: “This drug was recommended by the endocrinologist. Only took the first dose. Although slowed bone loss in the body, it impaired the bone growth in the jawbone and also caused cancer to grow in the jawbone. After visiting dentist, I was educated about drugs like this. I hope before anyone takes this drug or any similar medication, speak to your dentist.”

MissLeopard83 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 22, 2020

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: “Both my grandmother and my mother took this medication and it harmed their health. Caused cracked teeth, widespread joint and bone pain, and increased fatigue. It is supposed to help remineralize your bones but it appears to leech the calcium elsewhere in the body. My mom got such horrible cramps in her calves, it was pathetic. Both of them stopped the medication and they are still having side effects years later. This is poison.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 21, 2020

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: “Had my first Prolia injection Feb 2020. Two to three days later upper abdominal swelling indigestion and reflux. Then came the blisters and my whole back peeled. Then came the aches and pains in lower back hip groin and knee. Next my hair started falling out my osteoarthritis in my hands was on fire with reddening of my skin. Constipation like I have never experienced and after 8 weeks a weight gain of 6kg. Blood test revealed raised levels of the parathyroid hormone was 2.7 now 9.7 out of the normal range. Cholesterol up vitamin b down to low levels . It’s called a road of misery. Been to doctors weekly endocrinologist but can do nothing. Have to wait for it to wean out of the body. Totally depressed with mood swings. I give it a zero Will not be getting another injection of it again ☹️”

Anne May 30, 2020

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: “Agonising severe pain in thigh muscle. Unable to walk after sub cut injection No analgesics reduce pain How long will this go on for”

Geminii April 30, 2020

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: “I dont know what to think about this medication. Been using it for 1 year now. I don't sleep due the the bone pain. My shoulders, elbows and hips are causing excruciating joint pain especially at resting time.”

PAIN! · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 11, 2020

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: “I had my first injection in Aug 2019. I’ve had joint stiffness and muscle aches daily. I’ve also noticed my legs have gotten so weak! When I walk down stairs I have to hold onto the railing for dear life, in case my legs collapse. I’m 58 years old but I feel like I’m 75. I just had my second shot yesterday and a few hours after I had it, I suddenly felt a horrible sharp pain in my lower leg that felt like a spasm, and it quickly spread down into my foot and then my foot became totally numb. I’ve never ever had this happen to me before, but the nurse believes it’s not related to the prolia. I’m convinced that it is.”

Slena · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 10, 2020

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: “I took Prolia for 3 years. I didn't have any side effects until my 6th and last shot. The day I received my shot my gums started bleeding and I've had a bad taste in my mouth that I can't get rid of. I've since stop taking the shot. I'm very disappointed in not being informed that you can't stop taking this drug!”

Dog Lover March 9, 2020

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: “Density went from -1.2 to -2.8 in 2 years bc of taking steroids for 2 years .Prior to Prolia, started weight bearing exercise regime to intensify bone building & planned to continue after taking the drug. I can’t because Of pain! Fingers,t humb,& wrist, shoulders, shoulder blades, right groin, hips & pelvic area with the worst In back & neck. Muscle soreness:biceps & thighs. Jaw pain for a month. Weakness: legs,arms, &hands. Major stiffness after short time sitting. Back cracks when I stand up, bend over or stretch. Hearing loss, fatigue & now take meds for insomnia. I was active: went to the gym, out with friends, walked 2 mi/day. No more. I awaken in the morning & can barely move. I’m depressed because of my situation. I had NONE of these Issues prior to taking this drug! Common De-denominator and cause = Prolia! This drug is poison & shame on the FDA. The makers of Prolia have put aside billions of $ for lawsuits. Hmm wonder why. I will NOT take my next injection despite what my doc advises. My whole life has been turned upside down.”

Emma · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2020

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: “You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. google "FDA Adverse Event Reporting System"”

T57 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 27, 2020

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: “I had one shot of Prolia July 19, went through 6 months of nightmarish symptoms. Bone pain, jaw pain, even my teeth ached and have moved, I now have a gap in my teeth and they're chipping, my hair started to fall out, skin allergies, which I've never had, I am usually fit and healthy but never felt so sick after having Prolia. I'm so scared of rebound vertabrae fractures I'm taking a bisphosphonate as a relay drug. After that I'll never take an osteoporosis drug again.”

muffin February 24, 2020

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: “I have severe osteoporosis. Years ago my GP suggested I take prolia, so I did research and refused the treatment. I am handicapped due to a spinal fusion done 25 years ago, where the spinal cord was damaged. Nonetheless I have been active walking with two canes and doing aquafit. Now the GP is strongly suggesting prolia again, and sending me to a specialist. I'm diligent with the research, and I sincerely thank everyone who wrote on this forum. It is useful. If I were to have any side effects, it would immobilize me. I am leaning towards rejecting prolia again.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 22, 2020

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: “The Prolia side effects are real and devastating. My rapid heart rate is out of control. This is dangerous. Not only will I never ever take this drug again, nor will I go to the bone specialist again. The skin rashes, the gut problems, vision loss. So much more! I called Prolia support line. Guess what? No support!”

Lucy · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 21, 2020

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: “Had my first Prolia injection in Dec, 2019. Within 10 days had severe rolling pain throughout my body. Would go on for hours at a time. It would hit my toes, shins, top of foot, bottom of foot, abdomen, thigh, groin, knees. No energy. Difficulty getting out of chair and walking. Since it is a 6 month injection, it takes time to get out of your body. It is now Feb, 21, 2020. I am still having difficulty walking and so painful getting out of chair. Pain is intermittent and can hit any part of your body at any time. Have to take pain meds and muscle relaxer to get through the night. Will never take another injection. Do not know what drug to take next because if I don't take a drug for bones, I will have fractures of spinal column. I have never had a fracture in my life.”

Anonymous February 19, 2020

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: “I had 3 injections of Prolia in the last 2 years and really nothing that I have read has happened to me. Yesterday I had my appointment with my oncology and she told me that after review my bone density results, I don't need the 4th doses of Prolia. My bones are in excellent condition. I had no side effects at all.”

Grace February 17, 2020

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: “I had 4 Prolia shots every six months. I started having arm pain then the last shot in Oct. 2018 left me with an arm I could not lift and extreme arm pain. I did physical therapy which helped a little. But it has been over a year and I have daily pain. The Dr. insists it wasn’t the shot that left me with terrible osteoarthritis of my arm. It didn’t happen until the shot. I wish I had researched it more and I wouldn’t have daily pain from taking a Prolia. Don’t take it!”

Tline · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 15, 2020

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: “I have osteoporosis. I just had my third injection Feb. 14 2020. Prolia is working great for me. I was having severe pain with walking and losing bone density. I now walk with no pain and my bone density has increased. I have had no side effects other than a feeling deep in my bones fur the first couple days after injection which slightly aches. My quality of life has greatly increased. I highly recommend this for anyone with substantial bone loss and experiencing pain.”

Dolce · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 15, 2020

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: “1st Prolia shot on 12/24/19. About 2 weeks later I started having headaches that lasted all day, every day, and I rarely get headaches. On 1/22/20, I had a strange episode where, in conversation with a friend, I couldn't get my words out and I got very agitated and nervous. Ten minutes later I was struck with a severe headache accompanied by a visual disturbance: bubble-like things in both my eyes. Couldn't see. Bubbles went away after 10 minutes but I still had a blazing headache. Went to my doctor several days later. My blood pressure was very high, and I have always had low BP. She thought I might have had a TIA. The headaches continued. Went to my cardiologist because of the high BP; told her I thought it was possible this was all a result of the Prolia. She agreed. On 2/13/20 I had another episode where I got dizzy & started seeing lines in both eyes & couldn't see. Went to the ER. My BP was exceedingly high & my head hurt so badly that only intravenous pain meds helped.”

Once Wasfit · Taken for less than 1 month February 13, 2020

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: “I had my first shot in January 2020. The pain in my back and knee has increased unbearably within 24 hours and I now also have night sweats, hip pain, aching joints and intermittent pain in my groin. I also struggle to climb stairs and get up from seated position and to get out of bed. I am sore and fatigued and irritable all day. I am not enjoying my food. Often experience pins and needles in hands and feet and inexplicable sensations in limbs. Cramping easily. Ruined my walking regime. My next shot is scheduled for July. I won't be having it.”

Pumpsi February 9, 2020

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: “In October 2019 I received my second injection of Prolia . I never researched any side effects . All I know is that since the time after my first injection, I have been feeling terrible, but sadly, never related it to this Prolia injection. After my second injection, I started feeling much worse with extreme pain in back and legs. Lots of severe digestive problems and night sweats, also extremely exhausted and to the point that all I want to do is stay in bed. That is when I started researching the only new drug I took since my first injection in April 2019 ! My eyes were opened and I will never take any drug again my doctor recommends without research of possible side effects. I will never take Prolia again and only hope that these horrible side effects will stop after this drug should be out of my system in April 2020 . Thanks for reading and be aware!”

Jeffsjoy · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 8, 2020

Xgeva (denosumab) for Osteolytic Bone Metastases of Solid Tumors: “I just had my third dose of Xgeva, I have them monthly for Metastatic Breast Cancer . The first 2 times I had some lower back pain and minor aches and just feeling yucky for 24 hours. I had my 3rd shot yesterday. I woke up after midnight in a lot of pain. My bones, muscles and joints hurt. I was able to fall back to sleep but felt awful the next day and had more localized pain where my cancer is. When I related this to my doctors nurse she was surprised because she had never heard of this. I've read quite a few reviews of other patients experiencing the same thing. I'm uncertain as to continue taking this medication.”

Truthful · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 7, 2020

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: “I took two shots of Prolia in Jan and June of 2019. Did not connect the side effects until way late as you don't think of any being due to Prolia. I belatedly read that its made from genetically engineered Chinese hamster ovary cells (!) and has tons of bad side effects that Drs ignore. Am looking for unbiased (from drs or drug co) website where affected people can help each other. I notice that the few people here, saying they have no problem with Prolia, have high marks of approval, yet all the others who are hurting have very low. Makes one wonder who is monitoring this site ☹️”