User Reviews for Denosumab

Hypercalcemia of Malignancy
2.7

Summary of Denosumab reviews 3.1 126 reviews

Reviews for Denosumab

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "DO NOT TAKE THIS! My grandmother took this needle on a Tuesday, her behaviour changed almost immediately. She became very weak, could not stay awake, her breathing changed and as the week progressed, she got worse. Sunday of the same week her heart rate was jumping between 70 and 120 bpm and her oxygen went down to 90. She was rushed to the hospital and has rashes, water in the lungs, she can't talk because she is so congested and has to be on a special mask for oxygen. She is definitely not the same in a matter of 5 days. I've also noticed she has developed a lot of involuntary movements, all over her body-arms, legs, hands and even eyes. We actually thought she was going to pass away on the Monday after being admitted in the hospital. We were called to have an emergency meeting with the doctor. She only has had one shot and WILL NOT have anymore. Please do your research before taking this needle. Biggest mistake."

Jj (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "I was fine July 5 2018 at RA dr check. I had no pain. Got the Prolia shot and was in number 10 level of pain in less than 12 hours. It has been 2 months and still having severe effects. I haven't been the same since. I called the dr 4 times and went in and got two steroid shots in my shoulders but they are denying it could be from the Prolia shot. I think it is pure poison."

san (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "It’s been 18 months since my 2nd shot of Prolia and I’m still suffering side effects. Feels like I’ll never be the same again. I do not recommend ."

Suz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 7, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "I have had 2 injections of Prolia & have now developed loose front teeth. My dentist is concerned that if there is a chance that I may loose these teeth then the healing process will be inhibited while I am on Prolia. Also I now have to take Vit D tablets daily as the prolia has caused a drop in my Vit D levels. I also had severe itching, weakness & unexplained fatigue. My doctor did not warn me of the possible side effects. I will not take Prolia again."

Katty (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 7, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "Prolia has been an absolute nightmare for me and from the reviews of this drug, I am not alone. I wish I had done my homework before ever taking the first injection. I trusted my doctor! I have suffered most of the horrible side effects of Prolia, real drug Denosumab , now being used for bone cancer patients!! So yes, a form of chemotherapy?? I am not sure my body will ever be rid of this poison and my last shot was 2015!! I have reported it a number of times to to FDA, to no avail. I warn everyone and hope to spare others from the suffering I have and am still going through , BEWARE OF PROLIA !! Hope this post helps someone."

Joey (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 6, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "This is a terrible drug !!! Two days after my last injection I developed a horrendous sinus infection that took ten days to clear up with an antibiotic. That was just the beginning of the nightmare though. Three months later I still have unbelievable jaw pain that is unrelenting. The pain doesn't respond to anything, have tried Advil etc.. nothing works. Doctors are prescribing this because of the very aggressive pharmaceutical reps they hired specifically to sell this drug. Pharma is making a fortune from this medication. Horrible side effects not worth it !! Please do not agree to take this drug."

Canadian (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 30, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "Second shot in June 2018 - terrible ringing in ears now, jaw pain, sinus pain, night leg cramps, insomnia, bleeding in eyes. Not going to have any more shots! Regret like mad that I ever agreed to this."

cbertel (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 27, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "Where do I start, rash on face, loss of hair at one stage, fatigue, jumping out of bed at night with severe cramps in the legs, itchiness all over, pain in the knee, pain in the joints, pain in the side of the head, pain in the feet and big toes, sick in stomach, hearing loss, general weakness, mood change very angry, frequent urinating, weight gain, breathing difficulty, aware of heart rate changing, slight soreness in the mouth nose run off and on like sinus problem, numbness in hands and arms, I have just had my third shot wish I never did"

Anne (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 23, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "Developed hives after first shot. Didn’t suspect Prolia. After second shot, all hell broke loose with hives and bleeding blisters all over my body. I had bloody pyjama every morning for months. Had to use lots of ice packs day and night to help sooth the skin. 14 months after last shot, bleeding blisters finally gone but painful and itchy hives still there. Don’t know when I will be free of these Prolia-caused skin problems."

John (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 18, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "I'm 90 years old. I had my 3rd shot of Prolia two weeks ago. I immediately developed a bladder infection and violent cramps in my feet and legs during the night. I will never take this drug again. I've tried everything, but nothing prevents the cramps from reoccurring."

Nell (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "I had my first injection of prolia 5 weeks ago. Two weeks later I was admitted to hospital with severe headache, weakness, dehydration and generally feeling dreadful. I was treated for meningitis and I am still waiting for the results of x rays, MRI scans and CAT scans. The pain down the left side of my neck was unbearable. I am convinced all this was a result of Prolia. I won't to taking a second shot of it and would urge anyone thinking of taking it to think twice before you do."

Tobes August 6, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "My doctor recommended Prolia noting that it is a drug that can actually reverse osteoporosis. Unfortunately, I did not carefully review all the literature concerning Prolia before the 1st injection. Prior to injection, I had a lot of arm muscle and joint pain due to lupus. I also had leg pain. Within 2-3 wks following injection, I started having severe arm muscle pain and also leg pain. My knees started to bother me and one knee got really swollen. It is very hard in the mornings- painful to move my arms and painful to walk. I have also had increased pain in my hands/feet and some neck/jaw pain. In general, this has been horrible. I will not take this drug again."

sam (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "Shot number 2 gave me severe abdominal pain, bloating, IBS and pain in my jaw, arms legs and I also had dizziness. Then shot number 3 - (my last shot) put me in hospital with colitis, jaw pain, dizziness and mucus and blood flowing from my butt. The list of horrors goes on!! Prolia is dangerous!!!!!! "

PAMELA GUNCHICK (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 3, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "This is a drug awful. I took Forteo for the 24 month allowed by FDA after fracturing my left hip, femur, tibia and fibula then was prescribed Prolia. I've been a diabetic for 52 yrs and during those 52 yrs I have never experienced anything as horrible as the side effects of Prolia. My back hurts so bad I can’t sit or stand, my feet and ankles are swollen and my whole body is so sore that I feel as if I fell off a mountain and survived. The FDA has made a horrible mistake to have approved this drug. I have taken my one and only shot and pray I survive it!!"

Crockett (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "After my third shot of Prolia I have had so much joint pain and muscle pain in my hips that I can not walk without a walker. It started the day after the shot I also have bad back pain. It has been one and a half months now and the pain has not resolved. Does it every go away?"

B (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 10, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "I was talked into taking Prolia shots by my RA doctor, I have RA. I wish I has never started this med. I have had back spasms, joint pain, all over. I wasn't aware that after 4th injection you have to go back after 3 months and have intravenous of Fosomex to keep Prolia in your system, this needs to be done every yr. I have had so many side effects caused by this drug. It should be taken off the market. Do not start this drug is my advice. Oh yes, and every shot even with insurance has cost me $500. I can't wait to see my Dexa scan in 3 months. There better be some improvement."

sam (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 4, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "The first shot of Prolia I had, I asked the doctor to break it up into 2 sessions a month apart from each other. Then I had no side effects. Second shot I thought would be fine full force but BIG mistake ! Now I have a terrible sinus infection (apparently common side effect women 60+) and gum pain. This all happened within a few days of the injection. Hoping things improve this second week. I'm not going to take Prolia again."

Canadian girl (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "To refer to this as a drug is a misnomer, this is a borderline poison. Shame on the FDA and the doctors that promote it, my guess is that they have never taken a an injection of it, just some $ for pushing it."

Very Sorry I trusted (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "Have been taking this every six months, went from full osteoporosis to now above the line, have built up my bone density over five years. Feel this has been an amazing medication for me. Also take a once a month high dose of vitamin D which was told this helps the prolia to rebuild the bones. My bone density has increased ever year to the point where I will only get tested every two years now."

Linda (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 20, 2018

Xgeva (denosumab) for Osteolytic Bone Metastases of Solid Tumors: "Terrible side effects bone pain, weakness, groin and hip pain."

Weezie June 20, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "Had terrible experience with this drug. My doctor recommended it to treat my osteopenia condition as a preventive measure, more than 2 years ago. Within a few weeks of the first shot, I developed hives and what looked like insect bites. I had been swimming in the sea daily so I thought I was bitten by sea lice. Six months later, after the second Prolia shot, all hell broke loose. I developed severe skin problems, itchy all over, hives appeared in any and every part of my body and they turned into blisters that would break and bleed. Every morning, my pyjamas would have blood spots in many places. I am now in my eleventh month since the last shot and the itchiness is not over. I cursed my own stupidity for trusting my doctor and not do my own due diligence before taking Prolia. My doctor was totally helpless when I reported the problem to her and was not helpful. She kept saying that Prolia has little to no side effects, but she could not explain or treat my condition."

JOhn (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 13, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "I had prolia injection two weeks ago for the fist time and developed bad gum pain and body ache. I want to stop taking it however if I do stop it I will have a side effect as well. They trap us both ways. Why doctors recommend this horrible medication. I feel I am a victim of medical professionals and the pharmaceutical company who produces this medication."

Kiyokawa (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "AFTER THE 2ND AND 3RD (the 3rd being my last) my life is a living hell. i have digestive issues, tons of mucus in stools, lots of severe pain in abdomen, both hips, both thighs, arms, cold sweats, jaw bone pain andI feel weak, dizzy and no appetite. It feels like I am dying. Don't take this prescription it is very very dangerous!!!!!!!"

PAMELA G (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 29, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "My mom was given Prolia in injection form approximately six years ago and overall her bone density improved. Over these years she has had extreme insomnia and pain in her back, neck, wrists, fingers, legs, toes and now recently her hip. She had an X-ray and they found that her upper femur had a partial break. It just broke, no fall and the area it broke was weak but the rest of her femur was strong. She immediately had surgery and they put a metal nail in to stabilize. Drs are convinced that it was extended use of Prolia. Now they want her on Forteo. Reading the side effects from that is horrifying and it is a 2 year medicine after that they say Prolia again... Which is NOT going to happen. My advice, try diet and exercise first and if on Prolia only use it for a limited time."

Gemelli2 (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 28, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "Bad pain in hips leg so bad Dr thinks a pinched nerve - but I know its from Prolia. This was my 3rd shot and I'll never take it again. I want to know how long the pain will last"

BK (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2018