User Reviews for Denosumab systemic

Hypercalcemia of Malignancy
2.7

Summary of Denosumab reviews 3.1 135 reviews

Reviews for Denosumab

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "After one shot of prolia I started to have pain in my left feet and right hand,. I felt like I had arthritis all over my finger and toes. I had some dizziness. The middle of my body at my waist felt paralyzed for minutes at a time then after a while I can begin to move again and start to walk. Tenderness on the sole of my feet. I know that I’m not the same active person as I was before i had prolia. I have gain over 4 lb just in three months since I have had the injection. I spend most of the day on the sofa. I continue eating very healthy. But do not move a lot so my weight continues going up. No more prolia for me. I do not take any other medication, so is most probably, the prolia. Well, I take vitamins and magnesium as supplements."

Mela (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "My wife was scheduled to take a prolia injection for osteoporosis, but after we both read lots of reviews, she cancelled her appointment. Thank you for this valuable insight of the risks and benefits. Now, we do not know where to go or what to do about her osteoporosis, but it is time for further research on these drugs. Taking a “drug from hell” is certainly not the answer."

Hank December 1, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "I was given this drug in September. I was cautioned about possible heartburn. Given that I have a hiatus hernia , this should have been a warning. The next day I suffered severe heartburn and back pain. This continued for two weeks and , coupled with a spike in blood pressure, resulted in a GP visit. I was told to take gaviscon, in addition to my regular meds. 3 months later, the same symptoms are reoccurring. An unrelenting headache , chest pains and reflux. I’m assuming that this is still as a result of prolia. I do not want to take this again"

Old teacher (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "I had 2 very expensive shots of Prolia. First an infection on my lower back....hard to heal. Then infections on the gums...took much treatment to heal. Then leg cramps often...so I opted out on any more shots and I do not recommend this drug."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 17, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "I had three injections of Prolia and have suffered for over a year with severe jaw pain and loss of one tooth as a result of those injections. After I had a tooth pulled, I also fought a bacterial infection for over a year. Three dentists told me that there is a component in Prolia that attracted bacteria to the exposed bone from the extraction. They further told me that Prolia can stay in the system for several years. I am now going to lose one more tooth because of bone loss that is attributable to Prolia. This medicine should not be manufactured, and I am surprised that there has not been a class action suit against the pharmaceutical company because of its terrible and costly side effects."

Jan (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 13, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "My doctor gave me the prescription for Prolia yesterday. I explained to her I would research the drug before making a decision. I was horrified after reading ALL the possible side effects. However after reading the above reviews I will never take this drug. Thank you to all the people who wrote reviews. I am shocked that this drug could ever be approved by the FDA."

Mazza October 16, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "I had been fighting osteoporosis for years when Prolia was suggested. I as on it for about six years. Then a change in doctors at medical center caused a short delay. In a few weeks after that shot was due I had three terrifically painful vertebral compression fractures. Now, eight months later, I'm a semi-invalid in the sense that I cannot be upright (sitting or standing) for more than an hour or two before the pain becomes more than I can bear. I was formerly very active; now my life is extremely confined. The more I learn about this drug the worse I see that it is. My doctor and I have reported this to the FDA. Amgen has no advice as to how to get off safely. "Ask your doctor" they tell me. So far the docs have been unable to show me a safe way to get off this horrible drug."

jdlevin (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 13, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "My wife has very severe Prolia side effects, including at least one atypical femur fracture that is not healed despite two surgeries at UCSF within two years. She walks with a walker. “At least” refers to the fact that she has multiple sources of pain that may be related to other bones affected by Prolia (Amgen). In June 2015, the doctor advised her that she has an elevated fracture risk and proposed to start using PROLIA. He did not discuss with her the possible serious side effects, in particular the so called “atypical” fracture. After the first two shots, my wife developed pain in the leg that after some time became pain and limping. At no time the doctors considered the possibility of a PROLIA side-effect. She continued PROLIA shots for another year (two shots). After the last shot and many doctor visits, a doctor at UCSF diagnosed the problem as an atypical fracture of femur due to PROLIA."

val October 7, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "My last shot was May 23, 2015. I am still suffering with muscle and joint pain. Never had vertigo before taking seven shots, I have now fallen 4 times! I cannot say 100% that these were caused by Prolia, but I am 99% sure they were caused by the injections I took. My pains and side effects, sorry to say, have not gone away. I post this hopefully to help others about Prolia. I wish I had known in 2012 before ever taking this horrible drug!"

Joey September 27, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "Received my second shot of prolia one month ago. Within a week I experienced thigh pain during the night. Pain has increased to the point of making it difficult to bend my leg during the night without experiencing terrible pain from my knee to groin area. Once on my feet, pain lessens but is a constant . Woke this morning to same pain, but also pain in my upper arms and back as well. When I called my Dr. - as suggested in the brochure - his response was to make an appointment with an orthopedist as it did not likely have anything to do with the medication. I am a healthy active woman who walks daily and maintains my own home. Don't know what is more frustrating - the pain or his response! After reading the comments by others, my symptoms are not unique. I will most likely discontinue this medication. Should also add, I am not taking any other medication."

sally (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 22, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "DO NOT TAKE THIS! My grandmother took this needle on a Tuesday, her behaviour changed almost immediately. She became very weak, could not stay awake, her breathing changed and as the week progressed, she got worse. Sunday of the same week her heart rate was jumping between 70 and 120 bpm and her oxygen went down to 90. She was rushed to the hospital and has rashes, water in the lungs, she can't talk because she is so congested and has to be on a special mask for oxygen. She is definitely not the same in a matter of 5 days. I've also noticed she has developed a lot of involuntary movements, all over her body-arms, legs, hands and even eyes. We actually thought she was going to pass away on the Monday after being admitted in the hospital. We were called to have an emergency meeting with the doctor. She only has had one shot and WILL NOT have anymore. Please do your research before taking this needle. Biggest mistake."

Jj (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "I was fine July 5 2018 at RA dr check. I had no pain. Got the Prolia shot and was in number 10 level of pain in less than 12 hours. It has been 2 months and still having severe effects. I haven't been the same since. I called the dr 4 times and went in and got two steroid shots in my shoulders but they are denying it could be from the Prolia shot. I think it is pure poison."

san (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "It’s been 18 months since my 2nd shot of Prolia and I’m still suffering side effects. Feels like I’ll never be the same again. I do not recommend ."

Suz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 7, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "I have had 2 injections of Prolia & have now developed loose front teeth. My dentist is concerned that if there is a chance that I may loose these teeth then the healing process will be inhibited while I am on Prolia. Also I now have to take Vit D tablets daily as the prolia has caused a drop in my Vit D levels. I also had severe itching, weakness & unexplained fatigue. My doctor did not warn me of the possible side effects. I will not take Prolia again."

Katty (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 7, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "Prolia has been an absolute nightmare for me and from the reviews of this drug, I am not alone. I wish I had done my homework before ever taking the first injection. I trusted my doctor! I have suffered most of the horrible side effects of Prolia, real drug Denosumab , now being used for bone cancer patients!! So yes, a form of chemotherapy?? I am not sure my body will ever be rid of this poison and my last shot was 2015!! I have reported it a number of times to to FDA, to no avail. I warn everyone and hope to spare others from the suffering I have and am still going through , BEWARE OF PROLIA !! Hope this post helps someone."

Joey (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 6, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "This is a terrible drug !!! Two days after my last injection I developed a horrendous sinus infection that took ten days to clear up with an antibiotic. That was just the beginning of the nightmare though. Three months later I still have unbelievable jaw pain that is unrelenting. The pain doesn't respond to anything, have tried Advil etc.. nothing works. Doctors are prescribing this because of the very aggressive pharmaceutical reps they hired specifically to sell this drug. Pharma is making a fortune from this medication. Horrible side effects not worth it !! Please do not agree to take this drug."

Canadian (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 30, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "Second shot in June 2018 - terrible ringing in ears now, jaw pain, sinus pain, night leg cramps, insomnia, bleeding in eyes. Not going to have any more shots! Regret like mad that I ever agreed to this."

cbertel (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 27, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "Where do I start, rash on face, loss of hair at one stage, fatigue, jumping out of bed at night with severe cramps in the legs, itchiness all over, pain in the knee, pain in the joints, pain in the side of the head, pain in the feet and big toes, sick in stomach, hearing loss, general weakness, mood change very angry, frequent urinating, weight gain, breathing difficulty, aware of heart rate changing, slight soreness in the mouth nose run off and on like sinus problem, numbness in hands and arms, I have just had my third shot wish I never did"

Anne (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 23, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "Developed hives after first shot. Didn’t suspect Prolia. After second shot, all hell broke loose with hives and bleeding blisters all over my body. I had bloody pyjama every morning for months. Had to use lots of ice packs day and night to help sooth the skin. 14 months after last shot, bleeding blisters finally gone but painful and itchy hives still there. Don’t know when I will be free of these Prolia-caused skin problems."

John (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 18, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "I'm 90 years old. I had my 3rd shot of Prolia two weeks ago. I immediately developed a bladder infection and violent cramps in my feet and legs during the night. I will never take this drug again. I've tried everything, but nothing prevents the cramps from reoccurring."

Nell (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "I had my first injection of prolia 5 weeks ago. Two weeks later I was admitted to hospital with severe headache, weakness, dehydration and generally feeling dreadful. I was treated for meningitis and I am still waiting for the results of x rays, MRI scans and CAT scans. The pain down the left side of my neck was unbearable. I am convinced all this was a result of Prolia. I won't to taking a second shot of it and would urge anyone thinking of taking it to think twice before you do."

Tobes August 6, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "My doctor recommended Prolia noting that it is a drug that can actually reverse osteoporosis. Unfortunately, I did not carefully review all the literature concerning Prolia before the 1st injection. Prior to injection, I had a lot of arm muscle and joint pain due to lupus. I also had leg pain. Within 2-3 wks following injection, I started having severe arm muscle pain and also leg pain. My knees started to bother me and one knee got really swollen. It is very hard in the mornings- painful to move my arms and painful to walk. I have also had increased pain in my hands/feet and some neck/jaw pain. In general, this has been horrible. I will not take this drug again."

sam (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "Shot number 2 gave me severe abdominal pain, bloating, IBS and pain in my jaw, arms legs and I also had dizziness. Then shot number 3 - (my last shot) put me in hospital with colitis, jaw pain, dizziness and mucus and blood flowing from my butt. The list of horrors goes on!! Prolia is dangerous!!!!!! "

PAMELA GUNCHICK (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 3, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "This is a drug awful. I took Forteo for the 24 month allowed by FDA after fracturing my left hip, femur, tibia and fibula then was prescribed Prolia. I've been a diabetic for 52 yrs and during those 52 yrs I have never experienced anything as horrible as the side effects of Prolia. My back hurts so bad I can’t sit or stand, my feet and ankles are swollen and my whole body is so sore that I feel as if I fell off a mountain and survived. The FDA has made a horrible mistake to have approved this drug. I have taken my one and only shot and pray I survive it!!"

Crockett (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2018

Prolia (denosumab) for Osteoporosis: "After my third shot of Prolia I have had so much joint pain and muscle pain in my hips that I can not walk without a walker. It started the day after the shot I also have bad back pain. It has been one and a half months now and the pain has not resolved. Does it every go away?"

B (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 10, 2018