User Reviews for Aclasta

Aclasta has an average rating of 4.4 out of 10 from a total of 18 ratings on Drugs.com. 25% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 50% reported a negative effect.

Osteoporosis
4.4
Summary of Aclasta reviews 4.4 18 reviews

Reviews for Aclasta

B Du Preez · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 5, 2019

For Osteoporosis: “I had Aclasta once a year 2012 - 2015 due to osteoporosis - Worst mistake I ever made! I have daily incapacitating and severe joint, muscle and back pain, cannot have a tooth extracted due to osteonecrosis of the jaw (as per the maxillo facial surgeon), my vision became blurred almost immediately after The first session ... my life is no longer my healthy happy life and I have to endure rhizotomies (Which have not helped one bit) because of the back pain. Walking is painful. Shoulders are messed. There is no antidote for this drug either! This was not something we are told beforehand ... we are still deciding to join a class action against the company that manufactures this drug KNOWING what the aide effects are! We would NEVER have said yes! Do your research guys! Bev - South Africa”

Jasmine May 1, 2020

For Osteoporosis: “I had the infusion about 4 weeks ago and I felt ok after the infusion which was about 3pm in the afternoon. However, in bed that same night around 11pm I started to feel immense cramps in my abdomen and soon after I started vomiting. I was shaking uncontrollably and I was so cold, my temperature was over 38. We drove to the nearest emergency department which I was assessed and immediately put on pain killers and anti-nausea drugs intravenously. After that I was sent to imaging and I couldn't walk due to the excruciating pain and had to be wheeled to radiology and x-ray. The event seems like a blur all I remember was the pain. I felt pain for about a week after, the first few days being intense. I will not be going through that again and I have also blocked my calls from my specialist who recommended I should have this done. I still have paid today after nearly FOUR weeks.....”

Anonymous July 1, 2020

For Osteoporosis: “I am a 24 year old female runner with osteopenia and after sustaining a stress fracture in my femoral neck my specialists suggested an Aclasta infusion. I felt fine the afternoon after the infusion however at about 12am that night I was woken by severe stomach cramping. When I tried to get out of bed I had the most intense migraine and nausea I eventually passed out. I was then bed ridden and slept for 40 hours straight waking every 4hrs to take more pain relief. I even needed oxycodone the pain was that bad. These severe symptoms eased after 48hrs however 1 week before my infusion I dislocated my right patella and so it blew up with swelling and pain and I couldn’t walk, meaning I had to spend the next three days in bed and off work. I couldn’t believe a treatment of this time could have such grotesque side effects, it was honestly a horrific and borderline traumatic experience. I think people should really consider the benefits of an Aclasta infusion before going ahead with it.”

Sarah · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 8, 2019

For Osteoporosis: “My 85 year old mother has been having this infusion every year for the last 4 years. The first time she had it she was quite sick afterwards with body aches and fatigue. And wishing she never had it. The Doctor said next time ask for it to be slowly administered And it did make a huge difference with no side effects. And now she makes sure it gets administered slowly. Not everyone seems to know about this.”

Petal · Taken for less than 1 month May 17, 2019

For Osteoporosis: “Had an infusion of Aclasta 10 days ago. Had been diagnosed with compression fracture of spine a week prior. I wasn't really advised of adverse reactions and only told I would benefit due to very low bone score. Had hyperparathyroidism which caused the osteoporosis. After Aclast I had side effects of severe dizzy spell on day 2 and could not stand up lasted two days. I also had nausea and mild headache. After one week severe pain in both wrists could not hold anything lasted 3 days. I have pain in my jaw and eyelids. It is mild but constant. Hope all will come right shortly. I feel tired and slightly achy every day. Hope benefits out way side effects.”

Mish · Taken for less than 1 month February 28, 2019

For Osteoporosis: “My husband was administered Aclasta on 18 Feb 2019. He started feeling feverish, vomiting, shivering, and severe weakness the next day. He could not even walk. After nine days, he is still feeling very weak and not able to do any work. He was healthy before the infusion. We don't know what to do. We are helpless. Seeing my husband's condition, would not recommend Aclasta to anybody. Can someone help?”

Dianne · Taken for less than 1 month March 24, 2020

For Osteoporosis: “I had aclasta 10 days ago and had a quite a severe reaction where my body ached terribly all over and I could barely walk for 24 hours. The next 2 days I was left with my body feeling dull pain all over. Since the infusion I’ve had the worst pain in my thoracic area like I have a knife stabbing me and it won’t budge. I had an X-ray no broken rib. Had a massage nothing will fix it. So hard sleeping. I had no idea I’d be left like this.”

Effie · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 3, 2021

For Osteoporosis: “Had an Aclasta infusion in June 2018 and I am still having adverse reactions. These are severe shivers, sweats, extreme tiredness and severe itching, loss of appetite and nausea. Immediately after the infusion I was unable to get out of bed for three days and had severe backaches. I have read that it can take up to 24 months to get it out of your system. I have gone passed that time frame and still suffering. I am so over it and will NEVER EVER have another infusion.”

unhappy customer · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 26, 2018

For Osteoporosis: “I had two infusions during two years period. One day suddenly I had so much pain on my upper leg. I had no trauma prior to the pain. Bone scan shows I had a typical fracture on my femur. Dr didn't tell me the side effect about the drug . I am so disappointed. I thought the drug suppose to strength my bone but does the opposite.”

PAW · Taken for less than 1 month December 9, 2019

For Osteoporosis: “I had Aclasta on the 21st November2019. No side affects for about a week now everyday I wake up with side effects with bone pain and muscle pain. Sometimes my feet are very sore. Hope all this stops soon. I will not be having anymore Aclasta.”

Granny Maxi December 11, 2016

For Osteoporosis: “I had an anaphylactic reaction and a week later still have muscle pains in every muscle, chest pain, 'blocked' ears, metallic taste in my mouth, grey tongue covering, constipation and extremely painful feet, hands and chest. This drug is POISON to my system. It will be in my body for over a year. Will these symptoms eventually ease?”

Tracey May 14, 2020

For Osteoporosis: “Had 1st Aclasta Feb 2019 for Osteoporosis and I also have OI type 1. Had a fall and smashed knee cap in June then had 2nd Aclasta infusion in Feb this year with bone density test which went from Osteoporosis back to osteopenia. So its working. I was also given pamphlets to read about pros and cons b4 hand. So knew side effects.”

SolarSister · Taken for less than 1 month February 13, 2021

For Osteoporosis: “I had my infusion four days ago just one week after I got my diagnosis. They didn’t tell me to drink lots of water, I read about online the day of the infusion. Was a bit shocked when I also read about the severe side effects here but really felt I didn’t have a choice. I had very very mild side effects, the next morning I felt the same way I do after two glasses of wine the night before. Nothing more. Feel completely fine now. I am an active 44 year old and I got osteoporosis from very early menopause due to cancer treatments ten years ago. I really hope it will give me good results in the long run.”

Avara · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 13, 2016

For Osteoporosis: “I have Osteogenesis Imperfecta. After getting Aredia for years and not seeing much improvement (maybe it prevented deterioration), I received Aclasta for 2 years and my bone density went from very fragile to just below average. That was 2 years ago. No side effects and no deterioration as of yet. I'm very happy to be repaired.”

Tilla · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 8, 2020

For Osteoporosis: “I had no side effects. Before the dose of Aclasta I had a typical tennis elbow. It is still painful at times. What I only experience now is hair loss since getting tis in Feb. I'm aware that you do shed a couple of hairs before a season change. But this is different. After a hair shampooing the hair came loose as if I'm having cancer treatment. Where I walk. All over in the house you will find hair on the floor. Did anyone else experience this same effect?”

Emhi April 29, 2015

For Osteoporosis: “I had my first Aclasta infusion in October 2014 on the recommendation of my Oncologist. I had been on Arimidex for breast cancer for 10 months. As yet I have no idea how effective it has been for my bone density. I took two days off work in preparation for any side effects - but am happy to report that i had ZERO side effects, nothing, not even a sniffle!! :)”

Bernice · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 15, 2021

For Osteoporosis: “I have been having Aclasta for the last 4 years and am due for my next drip in October. The drip needs to be administered slowly and you need to drink plenty of water beforehand. I have had no side effects! There has been an improvement with my bone density.”

Janet · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 10, 2018

For Osteoporosis: “Lots of bone aching all over my body including teeth. One week after the first infusion I couldn't lift my arms.”