User Reviews for Reclast

Learn more about Reclast.

Reclast Rating Summary

6.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 167 medications used in the treatment of Osteoporosis.

Reviews for Reclast to treat Osteoporosis

"Hard to tell if this drug worked yet or not but it defiantly made me sick. Got the infusion Friday and on Saturday I had a 102 Fever and could barely get out of bed. I had chills, I'm sweating all over the place and my husband literally had to help me to the bathroom . I was dizzy and every bone in my body ached. By Sunday afternoon, I was a little bit better but four days later I'm still feeling achy and have diarrhea . I won't be doing another infusion."

Lucky445 November 22, 2016

"Reclast is a bad drug. It made my wife terribly ill! All side effects were devastating! It should be removed from use! She is lifeless in bed. had to take her to the ER for morphine and nausea meds and calcium. This drug is dangerous and the fda should be held responsible for its end results and its allowing of doctors to use in it the USA."

Aware12345 November 5, 2016

"I am 41 with Crohn's disease causing my lack of vitamin absorb. I had my monthly entyvio infusion and right after my first reclast infusion just yesterday. I was just fine until about 5 hours after when I started having diarrhea. It later turned into severe watery diarrhea shooting out into my Ostomy, chills, sweating, fever, aches, and weakness. I was told it may happen but was hoping not to me. If this helps me a few days of this is worth it and I will do it again. Like on Harry Potter "growing bones is a nasty business!" Lol"

Candi Simos September 17, 2016

"Received dose at 11am, by 10pm that night I had fever,chills, severe pain in back. I was extremely ill for 3 days, such a severe headache I couldn't open my eyes. A week later my hands suddenly swelled to the point I could not use them. Now nearly 3 months later I am in physical therapy to try to regain the strength in my legs. Other side effects were less severe, such as jaw pain for a few weeks. I would never ever take this medicine again."

sunshinegirl47 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2016

"No side effects at all; Actually felt better afterwards.. More energy"

Tanya2.0 May 12, 2016

"After having osteopenia progress to osteoporosis and not tolerating oral medications, my doctor suggested Reclast. I had my first infusion on Dec 26, 2015 and within days suffered incapacitating pain in my hands. It was so bad, I couldn't hold a toothbrush without tears due to the pain. Additionally, I started to have severe upper jaw pain. The hand pain has improved but not gone away entirely. The jaw pain has not resolved at all, making it hard to chew. I would not recommend this drug to anyone and would NEVER, NEVER use it again."

Designer Doll (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2016

"At age 54 failed my bone density had lost 20% of my bone mass in One year. I Participated in two blind studies and increase calcium an d intake. At end of studies found I had the placebos but had some positive results but not enough. Had my first Reclast yearly infusion 2012 no side effects and regained 10% of lost bone at bone scan. Had second yearly infusion this past October again no side effects hoping for another positive scan in May."

SlvRose December 13, 2015

"I was diagnosed with osteoporosis at age 47. After completing 2 years of Forteo treatment, I had an infusion of Reclast in Oct. 2014. I didn't experience any side-effects from the drug. I walk five to seven times a week, take a monthly RX Vitamin D tablet, and ensure enough daily calcium with almond milk and supplements. My bone scan of 12/2015 show a -1.3 T Score. I'm back in the osteopenic range - and very happy."

Fatchihuahua (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 12, 2015

"I had the Reclast done March 2015. I read the reviews and had put this off for a year but I am glad I did it because now I have more energy then I did before. I know I kept myself hydrated over a month faithfully and I experience no side effects. Awesome"

Alondra1 October 20, 2015

"Had my second infusion three days ago and had absolutely no side effects both times. Experienced dramatic 7-1/2% increase in bone density from the treatment after 8 straight dexas reflecting consistent bone loss. Could not be more pleased."

Reclast fan (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 5, 2015

"Rapid weight gain, even when dieting."

Ninna 38 August 28, 2015

"I have osteoporosis at age 49. I had reclast on March 5, 2015. The side effects that I have experienced have been extreme. About 4 hours after the treatment I felt a crushing sensation from shoulders to hips, difficulty breathing. Movement made it worse. Went to ER, Drs. administered by IV, Benadryl and steroid. I have experienced bone pain throughout my body, at times not able to move without pain. That has past after 2 1/2 weeks. I have extreme tingling, itching, redness in my entire body. Doctor put me on prednisone and hydroxyzine. This has not helped me. I am unable to sleep due the itching. Has anyone else had these side effects? If so then what did you do to take care of it."

Sherrywag66 April 12, 2015

"Had my infusion yesterday. I drank a few glasses of water in the morning and took an ibuprofen during the treatment. I had expected the '3 days of flu like symptoms' and even scheduled sick time to be prepared. Zero side-effects, no aches or pains, nothing...but still taking the time off so I can have fun. My stats: 50, 100#, just finished 2-years of Forteo, I take 1200mg Calcium a day plus a RX Vitamin D each month."

FatChihuahua (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2014

"I am 52 years old with no other medical problems. After having a Reclast treatment I have had very few side effects. I took 1200mg a day of Calcium Citrate and Vitamin D for about two weeks before my treatment and drank lots of water the day of the treatment before and after my treatment. I was able to go back to work the day after my treatment with no pain."

Anonymous September 29, 2014

"2nd infusion 4 yrs apart. First time-hard chills during night Vit D level 40. This time low grade fever x2 days then outbreak of herpes simplex fever blisters of face. Vit D level 61."

J B1 August 11, 2014

"I had my infusion on Friday. My doctor gave me Tylenol at that time and said take one twice a day for 3 days. On Sunday I woke up with some leg muscle pain. Took 2 Tylenol and an Aleve Later on in the morning. Felt fine all day and I resumed by gym workouts on Monday. This was a breeze."

Phylimelt (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2014

"I had my first Reclast I.V. injection last winter, just prior to the holidays. I had about 5 days of severe flu symptoms and seriously considered not repeating the injection the next year. However my bone scan was so positive and even with several falls I have not broken anything. Prior to the Reclast I had, in 2 years, a fractured hip, wrist and ankle. Surgery on the hip showed a femur like Swiss cheese and the severe fall seriously impacted my life. This year I'm 70 and preparing for my second IV, seeing a dentist to make sure I don't have any serious issues that need to be dealt with. I also quit taking steroid spinal IVs for chronic this year thinking I could deal with the pain and perhaps not have further breaks. I endorse Reclast."

PlantCrone August 27, 2013

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"The first dose gave me muscle pain and weakness that left me in bed trying not to move in an attempt to minimize the pain. For two days every breath I took was accompanied by significant pain. Because even though I was laying as still as possible, I still needed to breathe I was assured that the pain is milder the second time around. They were right, the pain did not outweigh my will to move. Which was fortunate because I had nausea and vomiting the next day. My doctor was able to prescribe anti nausea meds, which helped significantly. I suggest anyone who takes this have someone who can help them out the next few days. Just in case."

Willer August 10, 2013

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Had first injection two days ago. Have had mild flu like symptoms took ibuprofen and so far it has helped. Weird pains here and there but they come and go and are tolerable."

jonnie12345 March 4, 2013

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Terrible side effects, had bone pain for 2 wks."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 22, 2012

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"No problem whatsoever and Bone Density Test has shown some improvement..so will continue."

Anonymous August 10, 2012

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I became very ill. Two days after injection, I ran a fever. A few days after that, I had vomiting and diarrhea and was exhausted. I also had joint pain."

Reclastmarge (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2012

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have read many bad reviews on this treatment, so let me tell you my positive one. I am early 60s, very active, slightly built and failed my bone density scan. Did my research (very important) and found a fabulous young female rheumatologist. After viewing all of my prior dexa scans we tried one Fosamax (I had been on Evista for four years prior due to healed multiple ulcers). The Fosamax reaction was very bad but the gastric distress eased up finally. We decided on the Reclast infusion. The injection was pleasant, the people great. I went to work. Had a headache for three days, took medicines for the headache but carried on my regular business. This was one week ago. I feel great."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2012

137 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"A very simple, painless procedure. Only upon the introduction to my system (which was my first experience) did I experience minor side effects, it's been 4 years now and I love it!"

Anonymous April 5, 2012

"No side effects with my first infusion 2 yrs ago. However, I did get high blood pressure within 6 monthss of receiving infusion. Blood pressure was normal to low prior to infusion."

Anonymous March 28, 2012

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate