User Reviews for Reclast to treat Prevention of Osteoporosis

Reclast has an average rating of 5.4 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings for the treatment of Prevention of Osteoporosis. 36% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 45% reported a negative effect.

Reclast Rating Summary

5.4/10 average rating

Compare all 33 medications used in the treatment of Prevention of Osteoporosis.

Reviews for Reclast

Joni · Taken for less than 1 month October 12, 2019

“HORRIBLE!! The injection itself was a piece of cake and first night zero problems. Night #2 started off with some muscle aches. NBD (no big deal), the doctor warned of flu like symptoms. The aches got worse as the evening progressed. I got up as I was feeling very restless, when I touched the floor I realized I was FREEZING COLD! The coldest I have ever felt in my life. At the same moment starting with my feet I had severe muscle cramping up the entire length of my body. I was scared to death! I thought I was having a stroke or something as I lost complete control of my body. I lay back down and willed myself not to pass out. I’m not sure whether I did or not! Several hours later I was able to get up and take some Motrin to help with the muscle pain. Semi normal by morning, but completely freaked out! Now several weeks later I am having massive hair loss! This drug SUCKS!”

Luna November 22, 2019

“On 11/13/2019 I had ReClast infusion . Today is 11/22/2019....... I have had body/bone pain, aches, malaise, fatigue , chills , and diarrhea, since the infusion . Starting yesterday severe lower abdominal cramps, not eating......having abdominal ultrasound next week. Effectiveness of this drug is NOT worth the pain and misery, and won’t know for a year if it helps. #NEVER AGAIN! Think twice before you do it!”

Melissa July 26, 2020

“Just had my first Reclast infusion on July 23,2020. Just getting out of bed for the first time in 3 days I have side effects of the worst pain ever in my bones and my head, hands , back ! I felt like every bone in my body was punched, kicked and crushed . I could feel each bone ache individually ( if that makes sense ) Headache was so bad I got sick . However, day 3 is the magic number and I am feeling much better ;). It has been very bad , but I have made it through with lots of rest laying in bed watching movies. I think for me it was worse then chemo yuck feeling . *** don’t know how effective until next year”

Annie · Taken for less than 1 month January 27, 2020

“I received Reclast infusion on December 26, 2019 for osteopenia. The next night I awoke with a terrible headache & was unable to ignore it. I took a pain reliever & slept for 4 hrs only to awaken again in severe head pain. The next day I still felt truly horrible. I went to the ER because it was a Saturday where I had an X-ray of my neck & the ER dr gave me 4 trigger point injections of lidocaine in the base of my skull. Still fighting pain! Additional trigger point injections. When does it end? A month so far of pain. Don’t do it!!”

NoReclast! · Taken for less than 1 month November 29, 2018

“1st infusion of Reclast has left me feeling fatigued with terrible pain and swelling in hands, especially thumb joints that is not improving after nearly two weeks along with overall body aches and pains, headache and difficulty sleeping . I would never consider taking this drug again!”

Chrissy · Taken for less than 1 month November 18, 2019

“Had the Reclast infusion on November 16, 2019. Seemed fine after the infusion but the next day woke up with every joint hurting. Couldn't hardly stay awake all day. Severe chills and then a 100.5 fever. Took Tylenol and alternated with Ibuprofen. Nauseated and no desire to eat. Had to force myself to drink. Day 3 started with rosy cheeks and still have them on day 4. Looks like a butterfly Lupus rash. Headache for about 24 hours. Neck is still a little sore but luckily the hips don't hurt as bad. Also had stomach pain and seem very bloated. I don't think I will do this again. Just hope no other symptoms come along as some of these posts talk about.”

Andy · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 24, 2019

“I had the reclast infusion done in Oct 2017. I recently had my repeat bone scan and my osteopenia has improved significantly in the two years since. My PA didn't see any urgent need for me to have the infusion again although where I am on prednisone 10 mg every day, its recommended and since I did not have any post infusion side effects, I'm eager to have it again. I'm 68 and I have never broken a bone (yet) lets keep it that way!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 22, 2021

“My mother is very healthy at 83. She takes only one medication for reflux, has full mental capacity and above-average strength. She had one infusion resulting in severe bone/joint pain, high fever, complete incoherence, a cough, dizziness, and ocular palsy. C-19 was ruled out, as were other diagnoses. After eight months, some of these symptoms continue. Since this Rx is supposed to be given in a series of three, the full effectiveness will not be realized since she obviously will not be getting the remaining two infusions. Do not, under any circumstances, inject this stuff into your body. Find some alternative therapies and supplements instead.”

halfadime7 · Taken for less than 1 month December 27, 2017

“Less than 36 hrs after my first Reclast infusion I began shivering violently for over 2 hrs. Then I spiked a temp of 102.7. Within 24 hrs that had gone. Day 4 post infusion my left arm, wrist and hand began to hurt. This was the arm I received the infusion in. Now it has been 8 days since the infusion and each day the pain gets worse in my arm and hand. When I awaken the entire area is swollen and so painful even a sheet touching my fingertips brings excruciating pain. 2 extra strength Tylenol last about one hour. 4 Ibuprofen last about the same. Aleve (Naproxen) will last about 6 hrs. 2 Tylenol #3 gives relief for about 2 hrs. The pain and swelling have traveled up my arm, into my upper arm above the elbow.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 24, 2017

“(FOR MALE JUVENILE OSTEOPOROSIS) While this medicine did seem to increase my bone density in the long run, the night after caused far more pain then the injury that fractured my spine, though this could be on account of my age. PLEASE be sure to check with your doctor over how it may effect you. That being said, calcium supplements and medication over a longer period of time also helped, even without a second Reclast treatment.”

newcalann · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 12, 2012

“I used Reclast for two years, and each year experienced sudden severe hair loss about 4 1/2 to 5 months after injection. My dermatologist and oncologist concluded Reclast was responsible.”

Anonymous August 26, 2009

“I had good results after one year on Reclast from 3.5 down to 2.3”

riverwitch October 24, 2011

“After a year on Reclast, my bone scan results are: -3.7 to -2.5 so yay it's working for me!”

Breezzy · Taken for less than 1 month October 29, 2015

“The 45 minute infusion was a piece of cake.Take my calcium and vitamin D faithfully as you need it for the reclast to work. No side effects,no pain. ”