User Reviews for Zoledronic acid to treat Osteolytic Bone Metastases of Solid Tumors

Also known as: Reclast, Zometa, Aclasta

Zoledronic acid has an average rating of 5.2 out of 10 from a total of 13 ratings for the treatment of Osteolytic Bone Metastases of Solid Tumors. 38% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 54% reported a negative effect.

Zoledronic acid Rating Summary

5.2/10 average rating

Compare all 6 medications used in the treatment of Osteolytic Bone Metastases of Solid Tumors.

Reviews for Zoledronic acid

SueBubbles · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 5, 2013

Zometa (zoledronic acid): “I have been receiving Zometa via IV infusion for about 3 years now - At first three weekly then after about a year, four weekly - I have breast cancer, bone metastasis. If I take the infusion over 15 minutes....during the following day I will begin with severe vomiting and flu symptoms which last for two days and nights after which I'm fine. However, if I have the infusion over 30 minutes - as advised on the internet way back in the early days of my treatments, I have NO side effects whatsoever - no sickness, no aches & pains! I have spoken to other women who have experienced the same - take the infusion slower, drink plenty of water, and you might just find your horrid side-effects disappear!”

Jaclash · Taken for less than 1 month June 16, 2017

Zometa (zoledronic acid): “Had my first dose on Monday 12th June 2017. I was fine Monday night so felt quite positive​. Woke up Tuesday feeling like death! Wednesday felt better but had a painful red swollen left eye​ball. Long story short. I'm in agony with my eye and no one knows what to do! The hospital tried to say it wasn't a side effect! It's a very rare side effect but it is one! And the fact they know nothing about it or how to deal with it is disgusting and frightening! I will not be having this treatment again and will be taking this further!! They should not be giving people something if they don't know everything about it!”

Spike · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 30, 2019

Zometa (zoledronic acid): “I hate this drug. I had perfect oral hygiene. NO cavities, ever, even still have a baby tooth. Always told by dentists how great my teeth were. Two years after zometa, I spontaneously end up with a hole in my mouth near my back molar where my jaw bone is visible. Osteonecrosis of the jaw. No treatment...just wait for it to do whatever its going to do...maybe a small piece of dead bone will come out, maybe my whole jaw will die, i just sit and wait to see. It’s getting bigger and feels awful. Then, my horrible oncologist refused to believe it and made me see other dentists, periodontist, and oral surgeons...and everyone confirmed ONJ. Thankfully he quit, but I doubt he filled out the FDA paperwork that was sent to him, so my side effect incident probably didn't get reported.”

listener202 December 12, 2013

Zometa (zoledronic acid): “I have had three infusions (1 monthly) intravenously administered. No one advised that I should continue taking calcium supplements - good thing I asked! The first infusion led to three days of severe joint pain abating each day. The second infusion had lesser effects and the third one lessened from the 2nd. Hydrate well before and after the injections. I've had transient chest pain, chills, side pain, episodes lasting for 1-2 minutes.”

Mel · Taken for less than 1 month September 1, 2020

Zometa (zoledronic acid): “I had Zometa for the first time 5 days ago. Had experienced chills on the 2nd night, weakness and body aches all over. Then on the 5th night, had chills again weakness and body aches. Tylenol alternate with advil helped but I will never have this medication again. I have no problem with chemo , only this medication .(I have Mild osteoporosis and breast cancer)”

boomerangbronwen January 25, 2012

Zometa (zoledronic acid): “I dreaded the side-effects and had NONE. I had the intravenous infusion three days before Christmas 2011 and was scared that I would be flattened by the supposed side-effects like flu-like symptoms, bone ache and so forth and was pleasantly surprised. I am having my second one in just ten days time and hopefully it will be a repeat of the first one.”

Jpschelandyahoo.com August 17, 2016

Zometa (zoledronic acid): “Had horrible side effects from zo meta Will not take this med ever again.Hospitalized for 7 days and now at rehab trying to walk again. Please research this med and read testimonals before taking, wish I had.”

Catdog · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 15, 2019

Zometa (zoledronic acid): “I took zometa for two years until I noticed a hole in my mouth where my jawbone was poking through. Now it’s been a year and the hole has tripled in size and is starting to get more painful. This drug is horrible.”

Ka3 November 28, 2017

Zometa (zoledronic acid): “Been on it for about 4 years. Very little side effects. Maybe some lower back pain but I have terrible mets to bones almost everywhere that I could hardly tell if this med adds to pain. No other problems. I have been getting it for so long that they cut it back to every three months about 2 1/2 years ago. Worried about necrosis to the jaw.”

Girl Gnome February 23, 2017

“I have breast cancer metastisized to my bones. I had my first Zometa transfusion which lasted 30 min. & thought all went well, I am naturally a big water drinker (64 oz/ day norm) & drank more that day. However I woke up the next day feeling severely depressed, nauseous & without appetite. I made myself eat, & drank lots of water, I was barely urinating. My thirst was unquenchable & I had severe dry mouth. My temperature reached 102.4 in the afternoon & I had to go to the ER. They put me on anti-biotics right away, but I did not have any infection as it turned out, it was all side-effects! They gave me a liter of fluids & I still went home with dry mouth.”

Nancy · Taken for less than 1 month March 18, 2021

Zometa (zoledronic acid): “My oncologist for some reason change my medication from Exgiva to this medication. I have been having the worst side effect ever. I have bone stomach pain, fever and chill I am in 5th day and I’m still experiencing chills and fever. I would never take this medication again. I just wonder how long this going to last. If I ever get better.”

Ace · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 25, 2018

“Maybe it helped me, since I had cancer all throughout my spine...but after 2 years, I spontaneously developed Osteonecrosis of the Jaw (ONJ) because of this drug. So, I haven’t broken my spine, but now I have a awful hole in my mouth where I can see my jaw bone, and I have to worry about my jaw bone dying off. Keep working on a better drug guys! This one sucks.”

texan73 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 8, 2018

“Zometa IV @ 28 days for 6 months so far, no side effects; treated for stage 4 prostate cancer that had metastasized to bones (spine & ribs) and some lymph glands. No pain to date, and no sig effect on energy levels. I take high doses B12, Folate, regular multivitamins, 1000 mg calcium and 1000 units D3 daily, balanced diet. I think it paid off well so far.”

Lilc · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 11, 2019

“Zoledronic acid and OSTEONECROSIS OF THE JAW! I have been living with a hole in the back of my jaw where my jaw bone is exposed for almost a year now. I’m not sure how much of my bone is dead, but the hole keeps getting bigger and feels awful. When you get ONJ there is no one that can help. Mostly you just wait and see how much of your jaw is going to fall off. Most oral surgeons don’t want to touch it because they could make it worse.”

TKB1 October 18, 2016

Zometa (zoledronic acid): “I have been taking Zometa for Breast Cancer with Metastasis to the bones and have been on it 8 months now and I have only had minor aches and pains... no major complications from the drug.”

Vetman June 25, 2016

Zometa (zoledronic acid): “Severe head pain, loss or appetite, lower back and spinal pain.”

robbij · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2015

Zometa (zoledronic acid): “IV Zometa yesterday woke up this morning body aches headache fever slept all day. ”

Anonymous March 1, 2013

Zometa (zoledronic acid): “Side effects: Hair Loss. Dehydration.”

SeaBabe 7 December 18, 2015

Zometa (zoledronic acid): “I had my first injection less than a week ago and wondering how it went for others who used it ”