User Reviews for Tranexamic acid

6.3

Melasma

Summary of Tranexamic acid reviews 7.6 130 reviews

Reviews for Tranexamic acid

For Menorrhagia: "I have suffered year with periods so bad they would make me faint with pain. I eventually plucked up courage to go to dr and had a emergency lap which showed no endo . I was put on tranexamic acid and “ it changed my life” I also use buscopan for the cramping and bloating and together I can go about my daily business. It almost stops my bleeding. I bleed for 3 days not 9-10. Great little drug"

Gizzy (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 7, 2018

For Bleeding Disorder: "I will be turning 50 yrs soon and I have had constant bleeding/spotting for the past 5 yrs. I have had untold tests, seen about 3 Drs in my surgery and NO one can tell me why I'm bleeding/spotting so often. Out of a month I'm lucky if i had 5 days of feeling normal. I cannot wear Tampax so living in pads every day is driving me mad, bordering depression now. Two days ago I went back to the surgery saw a Dr I saw 4 yrs ago and now he has referred me to have more tests done with the possibility of having a hysterectomy, he prescribed these tablets and I have been taking them for two days now and no change. I don't know how long I can take them. I'm so frustrated with this bleeding it's affecting all aspects of my life, I feel like I'm the only woman in the world that is experiencing this! I even had the Mirena coil put in nearly a year ago and that was a waste of time. Hope this tablet will help but I'm not holding my breath."

Rudegirl April 26, 2018

For Menstrual Disorders: "I’m 18 years old and experience extremely heavy and painful periods, my mother has endometriosis and as it is hereditary worries I may have it too. My GP prescribed me this as a trial before the pill and during the first 3 days of me taking two 500mg tablets 3x a day, I experienced no change in the amount I was bleeding (in fact I was heavier than I've ever been on a first day) and my cramps were so bad I laid crying on the floor. It made me nauseous and I had a migraine for my whole period. My doctor said this might just be my body getting used to the drug so I tried it again for my next 3 periods and still the same result. My most recent period I decided not to take the tablets and my period was suddenly really watery however it was still heavy and had the pain again. Not sure what I’m going to do now. It works for some but I personally would not recommend"

julie (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2018

For Menstrual Disorders: "I have only used it once and I hope it works similarly next month because for the first time in years I have felt 'normal' during my period. I was able to use regular tampons, practically no bleeding during the night (I usually have to sleep on a towel and get up multiple times). I usually have a massive blood loss and clots that make me feel like I'm passing my liver out of my body! I had energy again (I have anaemia due to adenomyosis/blood loss) and was able to actually go out and enjoy life. I would recommend at least give it a try. Like others I was unable to use the mirena coil and I was also reluctant to take the pill (hormones/mood swings/bloating). I found this amazing - and yeah, hoping it continues as well as it did this month :) Oh, and PS, I was only taking a half dose (I'm a bit of a worrier when it comes to medications) and it made my blood loss very light and very manageable."

Duphrane (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2018

For Menstrual Disorders: "The first time I used this medicine as instructed - 2 pills 3x daily. I was instructed to use for 5 days, but I did not reach day 5 because of the side effects. This time around, I only used 2 pills on Days 1 & 2 and I definitely have experienced more side effects than I expected - dizziness and nausea on day 1 and then diarrhea on day 2. However, it is worth it in my opinion. I did pilates today without an issue.... I could never do that with my heavy period (fibroid related)!!! Now I can pop a pill and go out to dinner an hour later without having to worry about wearing white. Huge relief."

Dani (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2018

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "Wow, first let me say, this drug is not what I expected it to do. Stay away from this medication! I'M WARNING YOU!!!"

dd March 28, 2018

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "A miracle , an absolute miracle . I've been very sick for the past 3 years (so much so that I have chronic anemia , and have been requiring IV infusions from a hematologist and the anemia being so chronic has caused some irreversable damage to my body . So I had asked many doctors for help yet they all only seem to know about birth control or hysterectomy. Although I only took one month of treatment, my bleeding was about 70 percent reduced and I seemed to have a much more normal period. The pain was much less pain than I'm use to as my usual cramping and clotting was so severe it resembled labor and delivery of fist sized clots , and usually required a trip to the hospital for IV Toradol /Morphine for the quite severe pain. I can happily say I think this is going to heal me from the chronic Anemia with continued use and time. (side effects were not very noticeable if at all. Just much more normal period.)"

HelpGetEmToStick March 5, 2018

For Menstrual Disorders: "I started taking this medication about two months ago. I decided to go with this medication because it doesn't mess with hormones and specifically helps with heavy menstrual flow. I started taking it and my flow is so much lighter. The only problem is, my cramps have become unbearable. Before I was on the medication, I never had cramps, just a very heavy flow."

Ashley Peacock (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2018

For Menstrual Disorders: "I started taking these pills about a year ago. I asked my doctor if she has anything that helps heavy bleeding. She prescribed tranex acid, and for the first couple of months every thing was ok. Six months into taking the meds I started feeling my heart beat racing, it would beat so fast that it would cause me to cough or I would feel my hear beat in my throat. But I didn’t think it was the pills at first, until I skipped a month and that’s when I noticed the rapid heart beats were calming down and stopped. Then the moment I started back taking them is when it started back beating rapid again."

Ms. Dixon (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 13, 2018

For Menorrhagia: "I suffer from both endometriosis and adenomyosis with near debilitating bleeding each month. Lysteda works for me as non-surgical treatment as long as I stay on top of each dose, 3x a day. If I'm late on a dose, the bleeding comes back full force which is a testament to how well it works and how quickly it moves through your system. Having said that, I'm finding that my cycles are lengthening on this medication. It is not supposed to be a side effect, but after the first month, my cycle was 4 days late and now on the second go around, 10 days late (still waiting)."

DrugReviewer (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 10, 2018

For Menstrual Disorders: "My doctor prescribed this for heavy menstrual bleeding. This stuff is awesome. I have fibroids. The heaviest day of my period lasts 24 hours, where I have to change my tampon every hour. I use the heaviest absorbency - Tampax Ultra 15-18 milligrams. I'm a light sleeper, so even during the night I would get up every hour to change. And the cramps - horrible. I was poppingadvil every 4 hours and they still didn't ease all the cramping. This is my 2nd month of taking these. Blood loss is reduced by at least 75%. My heaviest day, I change every 3-4 hours now. The cramps are not nearly as bad. Also, I noticed after the 2nd day of taking this, my skin is so smooth and glowing. Like I've had a facial"

JND154545 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2017

For Menstrual Disorders: "Used this tablet for 3 days for heavy periods 2 tablets 500mg When I stopped on a 3rd day I've experienced extra heavy bleeding with large clots .... I'll give it a go this month for 4 day hoping for some improvements"

Brenks December 28, 2017

For Menstrual Disorders: "Didn’t work at all for me. Was prescribed for heavy, month and a half long bleeding and it only made it worse. Now I’m soaking through a super plus tampon every hour. It messed up my vision in right eye so bad I thought I was going blind and caused pounding migraines. Waste of time and money."

Ally Gator December 24, 2017

For Menstrual Disorders: "I'm 55 years old and hadn't had a period for 9 months then had 3 weeks of bleeding before I went to the doctor and he prescribed this medication It is great! It has basically stopped my bleeding. Because of the risks, my Doctor suggested I stop taking it because my bleeding has stopped. I was on it for (3 days) and he did NOT want me to go over (5) days."

LP_LA26 December 21, 2017

For Menstrual Disorders: "I don't want to take this medicine anymore. The side effects are killing me. Headache that is worse than migraine and unexplainable pain in my lower abdomen and hips. I couldn't go to work because of pain."

Bogs (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2017

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "I’m 46 years old and Lysteda has been a miracle drug for me. In the last two years, my period took a turn for the worst - i.e. horrible clots that no tampon in the world could hold. I would randomly pass large clots one day, minimal bleeding the next and then clots again! It was so unpredictable that I was afraid to go anywhere in public. Let’s just say, I had one too many experiences, where I had to run to the ladies room at the grocery store, nail spa, car dealership... just to name a few. I’m blessed in that I work for a group of minimally invasive gynecologists who suggested I try Lysteda. My period is not “perfect”, but it’s definitely improved w/Lysteda!"

lisaw72 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 3, 2017

For Melasma: "My GP prescribed this to me for melasma. Dosage was 1 a day. After a few months, results were apparent. It was fantastic. I have been on it for 6 months now and my menstrual flow has also improved and I experience less cramps compared to before I was on it."

Ezabelle November 9, 2017

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menstrual Disorders: "Hi everyone, well it's obvious that this medication is not for everyone, but for me I gotta tell you that I am grateful that I took this decision. For years I been having the worse periods just like most of you,I couldn't go out due to my heavy days. It came to a point where I had to wear diapers to sleep and during the day. I suffer from multiple fibroids, one is 5cm. But when I was given my options, I decided to take listeda and try it for 3 months before a hysterectomy and it was the best decision ever. I went from gushing periods to almost spotting ones. The first day I tried, I was on my second day of menstrual and it was really bad. but I took the first 2 pills and within 30 mins my period just stopped. It was so lite I could not believe it."

Nothanks31 November 9, 2017

For Menstrual Disorders: "I’ve had heavy periods for years which are likely caused by Fibroids. The pill and coil aren’t an option so I was prescribed Tranexamic Acid, which I take, sparingly on days one and two of my period. I’ve found the medication to be a great help as it means I can go about my business without the risk of flooding and leaking through, especially at night. I currently need to wear the thickest tampon available and a long, thick nighttime towel, changing every hour on the second day. I said previously, I take it sparingly as I do wonder if the drug can cause clotting in the arteries. My GP had never really given me a definitive answer, but as a non smoker, I would assume my risk of DVT is on the lower side."

Velvetee (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 31, 2017

For Melasma: "Side effect concerns : After three day of taking 325mg twice a day I became light headed, rapid heart rate (like it was going to jump out of my body) and extreme tiredness. I stopped on day four and this may be unrelated but have a bad leg cramp, in my calf. Concerns of a blood clot are high for me (no medical professional has looked at my leg yet)."

KelB (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2017

For Menstrual Disorders: "I'm glad my doctor prescribed this medicine to me. I was having very heavy cycles, to the point I would wear a pair of depends and 2 overnight pads in them. I would bleed through that and the clothes I was wearing in less than 45 minutes. I have been taking TA for about a year and my cycles are more manageable."

Zirobo (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 22, 2017

For Bleeding Disorder: "I've been bleeding for about 12 days prior to this I didn't have a period. Today is my second day and I've noticed the bleeding is a lot less. I just want the bleeding to stop its literally driving me crazy not to mention playing havoc with my sex life."

Abz3108 August 24, 2017

For Bleeding Disorder: "I have a hereditary vascular disorder called HHT (Hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia). I have had daily horrible nose bleeds, to the point of needing frequent transfusions. Had cauterization and laser treatments, which only helped for a few weeks. I have been on the medication for 2 months now, and have had only 2 "gushers". I hope this improvement continues."

striker1 August 21, 2017

For Bleeding Disorder: "I have kind of hemophilia and having gum bleeding and heavy menstuation, tranexamic acid did not help me at all. ( Daflon 500mg) ( micronized purified flavonoid ) 2 tablets 2 times a day was SO helpful Bad experience with tranexamic acid. Good experience with Daflon tablets. I wish this will be helpful for such suffering person from bleeding disorder"

KokiseniorH August 18, 2017

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menstrual Disorders: "This medicine is a blessing I am 43 years old I eat healthy and exercise everyday except weekends. On March 15 2017 I was given the depot shot for my heavy bleeding BIG MISTAKE. From the shot I experience more bleeding and blood clots then I ever experience prior to me taking the shot. My bleeding continued for over 90 days I was admitted to the hospital for low blood and had to have a 4 pints of blood transfusion. On July 4 my doctor prescribed Lysteda I did experience some cramping and back pain but after 5 days of taking this medicine 3 times a day my bleeding stop completely now husband and I are much happier people!!"

J Baby July 20, 2017