User Reviews for Tranexamic acid

5.4

Summary of Tranexamic acid reviews 7.3 180 reviews

Reviews for Tranexamic acid

IM HeavyFlowFibroids · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 2, 2019

For Menorrhagia: "This is a follow up review on my own review from 2019-08-18 "Im HeavyFlowFibroids" Its been two more cycles of this pill (2 every 8 hours up to 5 days)and it still works for me by reducing the flow by at least 40%. Instead of changing a level 5 maxi pad every 30 mins, I can go 2 hours. Only side effect is a mild headache. I still think this is a life saver and recommend giving it a go if birth control didn't work for you either."

Nay · Taken for less than 1 month September 2, 2019

For Menstrual Disorders: "I took tranexamic acid for 3 days (my heavy days) as prescribed by my doctor & the manufacturers dosing on the label. It didn't work for me the first day and a half, as my flow was still very heavy as without meds. The second day I took ibuprofen in between these pills, 800 mg every 5 hours. Then my flow decreased as it would when Im taking ibuprofen alone. I cannot say I noticed any flow changes because I got impatient & nervous it would not work on its own. Every bowel movement has been noticeably easier to pass & much softer in its consistency...daily these past 3 weeks since my last tranexamic acid dose. I'm taking 3 iron vitamins per day for anemia due to fibroids & not the least bit of constipation here! Good side effect of this Rx, Im not too sure yet. Will discuss with my doctor!"

Pat · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 23, 2019

For Menorrhagia: "Was prescribed to lessen heavy periods. It worked, but the side effects were horrible—swollen painful feet, knees, and hands. Too painful to put on bra or fasten necklace. I’ve never negatively reacted to any medication, but this one doesn’t agree with me."

Stacy · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 13, 2019

For Melasma: "I used tranexamic for melasma for only 90 days because that's all my doctor would prescribe for 650mg and my spot lightened a little but have returned to normal since I stopped."

Anonymous August 13, 2019

Cyklokapron (tranexamic acid) for Bleeding Disorder: "I have been having massive period pains for about a month after my miscarriage, been on tranexemic and still didn't respond, I took the Cyclokapron because long time ago when I stopped my contraceptive it kicked just after 2 days. OOOOOOOOOH LORD I was starting to go insane with this madness sickness, and now all that it has been resolved by this medication. Thank you to my doctor Naidoo in Langa Cape Town for the prescription you awesome doctor."

elcali · Taken for less than 1 month July 29, 2019

For Menstrual Disorders: "I have severe Adenomyosis for more than 15 years. My uterus is as big as a 4 month pregnant uterus would be. I am prescribed tranexamic acid because I have extremely heavy menstrual bleeding. I was on Norethindrone for about 56 months and then I received Lupron shot (last resort) before I started Tranexamic Acid because somehow Lupron didn't stop my bleeding even after 4 weeks. Tranexamic acid didn't seem to work for me. I was on 6 tablets a day and I usually take it at 8am, 4pm, and 11pm (before going to bed). My bleeding would be lighter during the day but sometime after 5pm I'd start seeing very heavy bleeding with blot clots. It's been going like this for few days and I've been to ER twice and received blood transfusion because I lost too much blood."

Jeannie July 27, 2019

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "I have had extremely heavy periods for at least 10 years and was anemic to the point where I was out of breath all of the time. I went in to have an ablation as an in office procedure but the dr could not get into my cervix so I could not have it done. The dr told me about this medication as an option to try. I was afraid and did not take at first after getting the RX. About 3 months later I was at my wits end so decided to take and am so happy I did. My bleeding is down by 50 to 60 percent. I really only need two pills twice a day on my heaviest days to control things and to feel normal again. I have been able to do so many more activities and have not had to miss work due to the heavy bleeding. I am very busy at work and in and out of meetings all day and this has helped me so much! This also helps my cramps I think because my uterus is not contracting as much due to less blood. It’s an amazing drug and has really changed my life"

C · Taken for less than 1 month July 27, 2019

Cyklokapron (tranexamic acid) for Bleeding Disorder: "I used this drug to help with excessive period bleeding. 2 days later I was rushed to ER for a possible TIA (mini stroke). Symptoms, couldn’t see, headache, couldn’t speak, couldn’t read. This lasted for about 3 hours. Had to stay overnight in ICU. Had CT scan and all sorted of tests done to check for blood clots etc. completely freaked me out."

Jay July 19, 2019

For Menstrual Disorders: "I was bleeding heavy for almost a month using the super pads about 4 or 5 a day. For the first time I went to see my doc and she prescribed me tranexamic acid, it really did work for me. I didn't stop bleeding completely, but it went down to less than a normal flow, and felt more comfortable working out and just living life. Unfortunately the heavy bleeding has come back, and I've been prescribed more except that my doctor said I can't be taking this every time because I may get blood clots in my legs and other places in my body. She recommended I look into getting a 'mirena'. I've researched it, and unfortunately you cannot become pregnant with it in you. There was no other option given. I am now wanting to see gynecologist. I wish this would go away"

Poof · Taken for less than 1 month July 18, 2019

For Bleeding Disorder: "Tranexamic has not worked. It made my periods heavier."

HeavyFlowFibroids · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 14, 2019

For Menstrual Disorders: "I have fibroids and my periods reflects this with large clots, blood pouring into toilet, soaking super size tampon in 25 minutes and severe cramps. Took this medication as prescribed, (2 tablets every 8 hours up to five days) and by dose 3, my period gets manageable. I use Tynol Extra Strength for my cramping pain because Advil is a blood thinner and it works good. I can go 2 hours with a super size tampon now and the extreme heavy bleeding is down to a "normal" heavy period. I'd say it reduced bleeding by 40 to 50 %. Instead of 5 or 6 days of bleeding heavy, it's 3 days of " normal" heavy and 6 days in total of menstruation. Ladies I recommend giving this a go if you also have severe heavy periods. Mild headache as side effect but it is tummy friendly and I have my life back during my periods."

P · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 11, 2019

For Menorrhagia: "Started with very heavy periods about 4 years ago at 39. Always had reasonably heavy periods & was on contraceptive pill for years but periods just escalated. Was then diagnosed with fibroids & given tranexamic acid. What a relief! I went from using super plus tampons & super pads & leaking within less than 2 hours to changing every 4. My gyn then tried me on medication to shrink the fibroid - biggest mistake ever!!! It stopped my periods for the 3 months I was on it but I didn't realise the womb lining continues to build up. The day after I stopped taking it I got 3 really heavy periods in 1 go & basically lived on the toilet for 4 days. So went back on the tranexamic acid & could breathe again. I do have major cramps for first few days but always did so a hot water bottle & paracetamol & ibruprofen together take the edge off so its manageable. I still sleep on a towel and have an alarm to wake up to change early am but I can live with that for 1 week a month."

Shelly · Taken for less than 1 month July 9, 2019

For Menstrual Disorders: "I have to share my experience with tranexamic acid for heavy periods that I have had for as long as I can remember. I would be bleeding through two boxes of super plus tampons bleeding for 7 days and just horrible cramps sometimes most of the time during my period. I don't even leave the house because it's so heavy this tranexamic acid has been a miracle worker for me it reduce my bleeding up to 50%. I am so happy that I found this and my doctor prescribed that I had no side effects and it's amazing it has truly truly helped me and I am so grateful"

Meg18 July 7, 2019

For Menstrual Disorders: "I've had terrible bleeding and awful pain for periods for a couple of years. This medication has stopped the bleeding , which was so bad I used to pass big clots when I bent over. The pain is still pretty bad, though not as much as before, when it had me rolling around on the floor even after I'd had max doses of paracetamol and ibruprofen at the same time, which also upset my digestive system for a week after my period was over. Misery. So things are a bit better now. My gynaecologist is monitoring things."

monique · Taken for less than 1 month July 6, 2019

For Menorrhagia: "I'm so happy I found this forum. I've always had VERY heavy periods. I lose over 120 ML of blood during the first 12 hours of my day 1 alone! I was told I have chronic anemia. I found out a couple of months ago that I have fibroids as well. I recently had the fibroids removed (hopefully forever) and was prescribed tranexamic acid, 1 pill every 8 hours (I only take 2 a day, personal preference) for a max of 4 days. On my day one once I took the pill, my period stopped instantly. Throughout the week I would check to see if it would come as I read the drug wont stop your period but lighten it. I was only spotting on & off. I had no period for 4 days. The following day I stopped the pill the side effects were horrible! Stomach cramping, nausea, bloating and headaches. My period begun and is suuuuuper light. I never thought I would ever be happy about taking pharmaceutical medication. I feel like I can actually live my life!"

Shelly · Taken for less than 1 month June 28, 2019

For Menstrual Disorders: "Hi ladies my period has been a nightmare heavy bleeding clots bleed for 3 weeks went to the doctor she gave me Tranxemic acid was hesitant as taking them as I hate taking medications I'd rather go for natural method. I took the Tranxemic acid and my bleeding stopped in 20min I was so amazed but when I wiped there was still blood but I was happy with that 3 days I continued taking them as there was still blood on my pad 3 days later no blood at all. 4th day I started feeling the side effects of heart racing anxiety jaw felt like it was going to lock my finger tips felt tingly but this only happen for like 5 sec then same time next day day same thing happens couldn't focus but just for a few sec then gone again yesterday went to the gym an got home an massive clot came out followed by blood again Went to the doctors because I've been feeling fatigue I'm now on aspirin to thin the blood.. NEVER AGAIN WILL I TAKE THIS MEDICATION TO CLOT MY BLOOD IT WORKS BUT NOT WORTH THE SIDE AFFECTS"

Anonymous June 18, 2019

For Menorrhagia: "Never have a heavy bleeding like this before I feel like I just had a miscarriage with a lot of blood clot came down. I can't be pregnant I had tubes tied 8 years ago I also had a procedure done for no bleeding it doesn't work on me. First 2 months Tranexamic acid help slow my bleeding and this is 3rd month it doesn't help. I wonder there is something wrong with my body? I have anemia back in March my red blood cells dropped down to 6.8 after blood transfusion it is back up to 11. I will definitely call Obgyn today. Thank you for reading."

ShellFrizz · Taken for less than 1 month June 9, 2019

For Menstrual Disorders: "I was told by my GYN that this was a very effective and safe drug. My periods we're extremely heavy. I would have a flow so heavy in a 24 hour period that most women would experience in 5 to 7 days! So I was desperate. After taking this medicine, I experienced the worst cramping if my life and migraine for 3 days AFTER I was finished. Now I have been spotting one full week after my period which has never happened before. Not for me. Will never use this again."

Zara · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 8, 2019

For Menstrual Disorders: "Tranexamic acid has been a miracle for me, I have PCOS and likely endometriosis as well but am still waiting for a diagnosis on the latter. During my period I have uncontrollable mood swings (which I treat herbally with Chaste Tree- comes as vitex in health shops) and agonizing period cramps, large clots and flooding (I stand up and blood gushes out) this drug has been an absolute miracle. For the first time in 15 years with tranexamic acid I FORGOT that I had my period and it has significantly reduced the pain and amount of blood I lose. Keep in mind I have fainted from pain and low blood pressure in the shower on my period several times. Ladies at least try it, it means that I can go to work and do my uni work and get on with my life. It is the best thing for heavy periods and agonizing pain. It made me feel a little hyper which was a nice change from praying for death. I'm Australian and its about $40 for a lot of tablets on a Doctors prescription."

Star · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 23, 2019

For Melasma: "The melasma was 80 percent gone. I used it for six months 650 dosage. After stopped using it for a month or so, the melasma came back much darker. Yet, I'm using the best sunscreen out there and re-apply multiple times a day, but that darn thing still sneaking up on me, and now I'm back to square one. As far as side effects goes: I experienced weight loss, hair loss, grey hair, cold tingling feet , and unpredictable menstrual flow. All in all, I will not take this drug again. It's not worth going through with these side effects."

Wendy · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 28, 2019

For Melasma: "Lightened my forehead Melasma in a week and continues to lighten, I’ve only been on it a little over a month. My Melasma is so light I can’t even see where it used to be on my cheek and my forehead spot is so faint I don’t care to cover it with makeup anymore ( I wouldn’t be caught without concealer on before starting), I don't think anyone even notices it. I am supposed to take 650 daily, half am, half pm, but usually skip pm dose since just half is helping so much anyway. My doc only wants me to take it for 3 months."

Omey · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 20, 2019

For Menstrual Disorders: "Tranexamic acid stops my heavy bleeding I take it 3 times a day and I take it only one day and it stops my bleeding otherwise my bleeding never stops not even any birth control pills help. It stops my bleeding so I am happy to use it. But take original brand as the generic never help me"

Jen · Taken for less than 1 month April 3, 2019

For Menstrual Disorders: "I am 44 and I just started having really heavy periods about a year ago. I use a super plus tampon and a over night pad, and can soak that up in a hour. I have bled through many things pants, panties, sheets, you name it - I've bled on it or through it. I was prescribed this pill a year ago and tried it one day and never used it again. I have been so desperate I was like, what the hell, let me try it again. Well I am on my fourth day of my period and boy does tranexamic acid work, normally my period last 10 days and the fourth being the heaviest we’ll its the fourth day and I barely am bleeding so thankful I have given another try. :-)"

tora · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 14, 2019

For Menorrhagia: "I'd always had heavy periods since I started, but when I was around 14 they rose in intensity & were joined by sharp pains about where I believe the ovaries are. Not to be gross but my periods would fill heavy pads, were slightly thick in consistency & ruby in colour. I got weak, pale & confused so a locum dr prescribed me 3x500mg tranexamic aicd (TXA) 3-4 times a day for 4 days starting on day 1 of cycle plus 1x5mg Stemetil as antiemetic (sickness/nausea). I took the TXA 1x500mg on the first day of my period with another a day or 2 later if I needed it because I was scared if I got injured I'd bleed out. My periods were still dark but less volume, cramps remained but were manageable. It stayed that way until I was 17 years old (being on Microgynon twice and then Depo-Provera has upset my uterus, it would seem!) I actually stopped taking it within a year of starting. I'm now 19 and if my bleeds don't settle down (effects of Depo-Provera), I may ask about TXA again."

Alison · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 10, 2019

For Melasma: "Took it for a couple of months and the melasma disappeared. I’ve tried many things and this is the only one that has worked. I’m feeling much more comfortable and confident. Highly recommend."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)