User Reviews for Tranexamic acid

Also known as: Cyklokapron, Lysteda

Learn more about Tranexamic acid.

Bleeding Disorder 4 reviews 9 medications

7.8
Melasma 1 reviews 1 medications

Summary of Tranexamic acid reviews 91 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Tranexamic acid

For Menstrual Disorders: "Where has this been all my life? My cycles were really heavy. I would use an ultra tampon and have an overnight pad on as well. I would go to the bathroom every hour. Now I can go every 3-4 hours. I don't have to worry about getting up in the middle of the night changing pads. Now I can move on with life and don't have to worry about going somewhere on cycle days."

Pocahontas04 December 22, 2016

For Menorrhagia: "I'm 45 years old and scheduled for total hysterectomy for Fibroid cysts. While waiting for surgery date and having horrible, unbreabe pain while passing huge blood clots the doctor on call prescribed Tranexamic Acid 2 three times a day. Within 20 mins of the first dose, I had relief from pain!! Now on my third day and bleeding has substantially subsided and most importantly the pain is gone! I experienced no side effects. These were an answer to prayers!"

TriciaAZ November 14, 2016

For Bleeding Disorder: "first day taking the medication, the dose is take 2 650mg 3 times a day. it seems like alot but my fingers are crossed that it will help."

honey1642311 (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2016

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "I have only been taking this medication for 3 days but I can tell the difference already. After having a tubes tied I started experience even heavier periods than I did before. I've always had heavy periods but they got worse after my tubes were tied, I would wear tampons and overnight pads. Last night was the first night in over a year and a half that I did not wear a pad to sleep and it was marvelous especially since j hate pads anyway. Keep you up dated with progress like I said this is just day 3."

Renaelee (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2016

For Menorrhagia: "Just turned 40. Periods have been extremely heavy w/ clots galore and horrible cramps since high school. I've tried 4 different types of birth control pills, tried the depo shot, and tried Mirena; nothing worked. I feel like when studies say "9 out of 10 people" that I'm always the one person it didn't work for, whatever "it" may be. Doc said to try tranexamic acid first and if it doesn't work, to consider an ablation before considering a hysterectomy. I'll try to rate this on a pros and cons scale. PROS: My period got slightly less heavier midway thru the second day, but not light by any means. CONS: extreme dizziness, numbness in face and hands, severe sharp pains in my abdomen. Not willing to do this monthly. Guess ablation's next. :("

Period Hater (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2016

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "Lysteda changed my life. For years, I have experienced incredibly painful periods with debilitating blood flow. I experienced severe anemia, bruising, and menstrual cramps that caused vomiting and fainting. I would clot through super pads and tampons at least one per hour (wearing them simultaneously even overnight) for five+ days. It was impossible to even leave my house because of how often I would bleed through my clothes. My dr recommended trying Lysteda before opting for an irreversibly surgery. (I am not able to go on bc or use implants due to a uterine deformity.) Lysteda started working immediately, within an hour. My periods last about 4 days now and I can get away with wearing just a pad. My life has changed and I am so thankful!!"

Efs1987 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 2, 2016

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "I started taking lysteda 3 months ago. The first month was great except once I was done my period came back but not heavy. The next month I had 2.5 days of mess and my period stopped. I didn't take anymore as it makes me feel like crap. Now 49 days later I still haven't had a period. Not sure I will take this again."

Brianimal (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders: "I suffered from severe bleeding during period that would last 10 or so days and also intense cramping. (Even the Dr was surprised the severity!). The severe blood loss lead to me being anaemic. I was recommended tranexamic acid and it has completely changed my life. It's over halved the amount of blood lost and now my period lasts less than a week (roughly 5 days?). Couldn't survive without this anymore! It's also good because it can be used along with over the counter painkillers to help with cramping!"

Breathe&Believe September 25, 2016

For Menorrhagia: "I have been using it for a year now only on the heavy days of my period. 3 times a day for the 2 middle days. I've had quite severe anemia and only 20 days cycle which means 7 days bleeding couple of weeks rest and here we go again. This is a great medication. Reduced my bleeding and helps me get on with my life while on it. Highly recommend"

Justinaking (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 16, 2016

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menstrual Disorders: "I had horrible reactions to this medication which landed me back in the hospital ER twice. Nine days later my body is still struggling to get this drug out of my system. I will never take it again. If you have a reaction to it, there is no reversing it. Use caution."

Tiskerri (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2016

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "Within 20 minutes of taking this medication one side of my body became numb, I got really confused, and felt like I could not talk and then I lost consciousness briefly. It was the closest thing I can imagine to a stroke, and the after effects from this very scary experience lasted for days. I was told to discontinue immediately."

Ang.S (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2016

For Menorrhagia: "For 25 years I have had debilitating periods. Most months the cramping so severe I would need vicadin and tons of motrin. After several OBs suggesting a hysterectomy, another 2 an ablation, this last one prescribed TA. I can't believe I had never heard of it. I have gone from filling a diva cup every hour or two for 2-3 days, do barely needing a pad. This is a GODSEND for me. I have a life. I'm not completely exhausted, and I went to the lake ALL DAY on day 2 of my period. Now I need to work on getting my ferritin levels back up! I'm hopeful."

Monthly Sufferer September 7, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders: "This does not work. If anything, makes my bleeding worse. I have suffered with very heavy periods for years, and this does nothing. My search goes on for something else!"

Bren8890 August 30, 2016

For Menorrhagia: "Hi, I am a 47 year old woman that was diagnosed with uterine fibroids and therefore, suffer with Menorrhagia and anemia. My doctor first prescribed Norethindrone, which made me bleed even heavier and longer with the most horrible cramps ever! I went back to my GYN and she prescribed the Tranexamic Acid. So far, so good! My bleeding is very light, and I only bled for four days as opposed to the usual 10 days. I have not experienced any side effects at all. I just started taking the medicine but so far, I have no complaints, other than I have to pay for it every month. There are only 30 pills in the bottle and you need to take two pills, three times a day for five days. But, if it stops me from the heavy bleeding, I say it's worth it!"

Monique&Denny August 10, 2016

For Menorrhagia: "I began to have heavy periods when I was very young, it was a nightmare to manage at school, because I had to sit through classes for a whole hour and afterwards would have to carefully waddle to the bathroom to change my pad! The first medication the doctors gave was the pill, a year on that and i had gained 1.5 stone and the periods were still too heavy. I came off the pill, lost the weight and began to take Tranexamic acid. I think I have been using it for around 4 years now. I take 2 tablets 3 times a day for the first 3/4 days of my period. The change in flow is dramatic and I really couldn't manage without them :)"

Tara K July 25, 2016

For Menorrhagia: "I went through a good year or so of extremely heavy monthly menstruation. One cycle, I happened to be in Paris and I was desperate. Unable to do anything and feeling more or less bound to my room, I started researching. Researching a cure for this heavy and debilitating bleeding. I started my research and came across a UK medical site that referenced Tranexamic Acid and people's personal reviews regarding this drug. I walked into a pharmacy in Paris with my ipad in hand, with only a hope in mind. They had it, I bought it and took it. Within less than 30 mins, my extreme bleeding had stopped and I got my life back! I don't know how safe this medication is, but I have read nothing negative so far."

Extreme monthly bleeding July 22, 2016

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "This is my first treatment for severe heavy bleeding. I have two small fibroids. I'm on day two and this drug has made a remarkable difference. Its reduced my severe bleeding to the use of a panty liner. I have had NO side effects yet. This has been a remarkable change for me. I will follow up to let you know if it changes my length."

cantwaittillmenapause July 22, 2016

For Menorrhagia: "2nd mo. of taking 2 tabs approx 3x a day. I use a menstrual cup & over a 5 day cycle on days 1-3 I would be changing a full (.5 oz) cup every 1.5 hr or so. It has gotten to the point where I am so wiped out during my period that I can barely get up off the couch, I'm anemic and my ferritin is 5. I saw fairly immediate results by the 2nd dose. GREATLY reduced the bleeding, by at least 50%. By day 3, barely any flow at all and I can stop the tabs. No side effects for me, only lots of small clots during the bulk of the flow and then it seems to drag out several days little longer with lots of brown spotting, but I don't care about that! GOD SEND and starting to feel normal again!! Praying they keep working for me!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders: "Young 30's with super heavy flow including clotting and severe cramps, for years. Gyno recommended tranexamix acid and it works great. I do experience severe cramping with diarrhea but I'm not sitting in a crime scene after putting a pad and a tampon on after 15 minutes on a short car ride, so I'd say it's a win. Hopefully that gets better as my body adjusts. I am on other medicines for other illnesses including migraines and ulcers so that could be the interactions of the medications but nonetheless, it's an improvement."

Sg823 July 11, 2016

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "After researching various options with my gyn, I decided to try Lysteda. I'm on my second month with it. The first month saw HORRIBLE cramps barely controlled with Advil etc. This month I had almost no cramps nor headaches. I was pleasantly surprised when the flow was much lighter on day 2, normally like Niagara Falls for me. But day 3 isn't really much lighter than it used to be, and my periods are longer. Does it cut the flow? Yes. Does it make mine light? No. I still lose 2 ounces per hour or two during day 3, so I'll use it while I investigate other options."

3kidsandahorse (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders: "I was prescribed Tranexamic acid because of my debilitating periods. I am 45 years old and feel like I am 14 just starting my period again. Huge blood clots, heavy flow for 4 to 5 days, just a horrible mess. I admit I was afraid of the side effects, but just after 1 day I feel alright, I feel a bit drowsy but manageable. My flow is less than half of what it used to be. I take 650mg of Motrin every 8 hours with the Transexamic, and it has been a game changer for sure. This was the first option my doctor wanted me to take, second was the IUD and last being surgery. So far I am pretty happy!"

stratgirl (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders: "I was prescribed this medicine for heavy periods by one of my doctors but wasn't told of the potential risks until another doctor in the same clinic told me that if it's a blood clotting medicine, it could then potentially clot your blood to cause things like stroke, etc. I was prescribed 6 tablets a day and find that taking only one makes a big difference and my periods manageable to light. The possible risk still makes me nervous so I take as little as I can to manage my out of control period."

Don't know what to think (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 11, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders: "I was given this medication as I was prescribed Provera due to hyperplasia, the provera itself have made me bleed heavily for 4 weeks making me anemic so my gyne suggested tranxemic acid 1 3 times a day it's has slowed the bleeding down somewhat but not completely so doctor put me up to 2 3 times a day which I have had to put back down due to severe migraine, runny nose, chest pain and flu symptoms, I don't know what is worse, being on the toilet every half an hour or feeling so run down I can't get off the sofa!"

Rachxx (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders: "I was prescribed this medicine because of heavy bleeding due to uterine fibroids. I HATE it! It made me feel crap!! I wanted to sleep all day (though I couldn't of course) made me weak and achy. It does slow down the bleeding but it wasn't worth it with the awful side effects."

JudiDodd April 17, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders: "I have been diagnosed with fibroids. I have been bleeding for about 6 weeks now. My previous doctor had me on a hormone called megstrol. I worked for the first month and then stopped. my bleeding is out of control. I am no my 3 day of the lysteda. I could tell a difference right away. the bleeding slowed to the point of almost stopping. I started to become a little heavy today before I took my first dose. I hope that this helps with the bleeding and stops it."

Angie burton April 17, 2016