User Reviews for Tranexamic acid

Bleeding Disorder
6.3

Summary of Tranexamic acid reviews 7.4 157 reviews

Reviews for Tranexamic acid

For Menorrhagia: "I'd always had heavy periods since I started, but when I was around 14 they rose in intensity & were joined by sharp pains about where I believe the ovaries are. Not to be gross but my periods would fill heavy pads, were slightly thick in consistency & ruby in colour. I got weak, pale & confused so a locum dr prescribed me 3x500mg tranexamic aicd (TXA) 3-4 times a day for 4 days starting on day 1 of cycle plus 1x5mg Stemetil as antiemetic (sickness/nausea). I took the TXA 1x500mg on the first day of my period with another a day or 2 later if I needed it because I was scared if I got injured I'd bleed out. My periods were still dark but less volume, cramps remained but were manageable. It stayed that way until I was 17 years old (being on Microgynon twice and then Depo-Provera has upset my uterus, it would seem!) I actually stopped taking it within a year of starting. I'm now 19 and if my bleeds don't settle down (effects of Depo-Provera), I may ask about TXA again."

tora (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 14, 2019

For Melasma: "Took it for a couple of months and the melasma disappeared. I’ve tried many things and this is the only one that has worked. I’m feeling much more comfortable and confident. Highly recommend."

Alison (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2019

For Menorrhagia: "I been prescribed theses tablets by my doc a few days ago! I have heavy prolonged periods for a few years now and with PCOS I thought these tablets would work. But I was WRONG massively wrong two tabs 3x a day for 4 day's and some reason I'm on day 4 not much on my pad BUT clincher ...I went to the toilet and happen to notice as soon as I had a wee a load of BLOOD came out sorry TMI but DAY 4 seriously!!! =(I'm so disappointed in theses tablets as my doc said they would help stop the heavy bleeding and stop the prolonged side of it and shorten my period but NOPE! This isn't the case at all I gave them a shot and sorry to say I'm never using them again ...useless pills for heavy periods! Now I don't know when I'll be off my period =( so unhappy about this now"

Joesy27 (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2019

For Menorrhagia: "Works well for my bleeding. I had major heartburn when I had a cold and took cold meds while also needing to take this medication."

M (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 2, 2019

For Menstrual Disorders: "I am in my late 40s and was experiencing very very heavy periods. I went to my primary doctor and he immediately suggested the Depo Shot that was the worst mistake I could make I bleed heavy for 3 months and I swore that I was not going back to get the next dose. This med take well over 4 months to get out of your system so the ongoing bleeding caused me Anemia. I had to see a gyno which was a great decision because she helped me get my iron back to normal and she prescribed me Tranexamic Acid which reduces the bleeding. I am highly satisfied now because my period is now regular and it only last 3 days. I make sure to take all 3 doses for 3 days 650mg it's a lot but it definitely work well for me. I don't experience any side effects and I have been on it for 1 1/2 years. Good luck I hope this info was helpful."

Tiger (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 20, 2019

For Menstrual Disorders: "Very heavy period after the birth of my 4th child. Was prescribed this for the heavy bleeding two tablets 3x per day. I don't even have to take as prescribed. Two tablets once per day is all I needed, the bad thing is my insurance don't cover this and my doctor suggested a surgery to thin out the lining of my cervix which I am terrified to do. Once I can pay for it out of pocket I will be fine with less bleeding days and light to normal flow with no anemia."

Realist January 9, 2019

For Menorrhagia: "I have been dealing with abnormally heavy periods for 20 years. no doctor has ever offered any solution aside from various oral contraceptives. A doctor wanted to try this so I agreed and I am sorry I did. Bleeding was worse than usual and the cramps nearly had me in the hospital. After two cycles I called it quits but I'm still dealing with the side effects a month-and-a-half later. I have spotted the entire time from my last cycle until this one and this one is much heavier and has now been going for 9 days of heavy bleeding with no end in sight. I used to bleed very heavily for about 3 days and then spot for about 10. Well that was awful, this is so much worse."

Ray (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 23, 2018

For Menstrual Disorders: "I was prescribed this medicine by my OBGyn for heavy menstrual cycles. I was hesitant to take it due to how many you had to take (2 pills 3 times a day). I wouldn't recommend this medicine to anyone. My body has not been the same since. It did lighten my flow, however, I went to the ER multiple times. I have continued heart palpitations, body aches, chest pain, SOB, horrible headaches, body shivers, numbness in limbs, nausea, dizziness, diarrhea. This medicine has totally messed me up. I stopped over 2 months ago and the symptoms still haven't stopped."

Miserable (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2018

For Menorrhagia: "Amazing! After nearly a year of debilitating periods, this is the only medication that has helped. Bleeding is 50% lighter, I don't have to take time off work anymore and I no longer dread getting my period each month. A real game changer. Only experienced mild side effects - a little drowsiness, nothing too major."

Kitty (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 3, 2018

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menstrual Disorders: "This medication is life-changing! I have uterus didelphys (double uterus) so I have an extremely heavy period. I would wear a super tampon and pad at the same time and have to change them every 1-2 hours. Hormonal birth control gave me some not-so-great side effects and interacted with some other medications I was taking, so my gyn suggested this. Thank god she did! I feel like I’m finally in control of my life again when I’m on my period- it’s light, predictable, and I don’t really have to worry about it. I’ve been using it for several months and I haven’t noticed any side effects."

el824 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2018

For Menorrhagia: "I just started taking Tranexamic Acid 500 mg yesterday. It said 1 tablet 3x day. I took 1 at first then changed the dose to 2. I took 2 double doses after taking a single dose yesterday. My period is still pouring. I’ve taken 2 double doses so far today. I filled 2 super maxi pads which I was wearing at the same time. My bed looks like I had a miscarriage. It is not helping me. I’ve been sleeping pretty much for 2 days."

Miss Maxi Pad (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2018

For Menstrual Disorders: "Stopped my bleeding entirely but it wasn’t worth it for the side effects. I felt like my hips and back were about to cave in! Never again!"

Pixie (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2018

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "I am 37 years old and have been dealing with debilitating periods for 20+ yrs. My issue used to be horrible cramps (so bad I would vomit from pain), and most recently the bleeding and large clots became more of my issue. I wouldn't even leave my house bc I was afraid of the sudden "whoosh" that no feminine product could be a match for. :-( After testing, found out I have a large fibroid. Not wanting to jump to surgery I chose to take Lysteda. (My insurance gave me a generic version.) The reviews on here made me scared to death to try, but I started to take anyway. My clots have stopped and my flow is 50% lighter, so I would call it normal finally. I still bleed 5 days and have minor cramps but nothing like I used to have! I can live a regular life when I have my period! My cycle starts like clockwork now, before I was usually a week or more late each month. I will say, it DOES may me sleepy, but that is my only side effect."

jessica (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 20, 2018

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "Was scared to try this after the reviews but took the first day of my cycle and it stopped it completely. I waited another day and took again once my cycle kicked in again and the results were amazing. I feel like a normal person again, no bleeding through, nice light days. I cannot wait to see what happens next month. Last month I sneezed and needed to leave work to change my pants with double protection on. This is a game changer... hopefully this is my solution."

Jackie (taken for less than 1 month) October 9, 2018

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "I couldn't continue using the medication. After the second dose of the 2 pills, I experienced horrid side affects. Joint and muscle pain as if someone took a bat to my body, nausea and horrid stomach cramps along with my menstrual cramps, and the cherry on top... bad headache with faint feeling. I was useless at work. I'd rather deal with the heavy bleeding/staining for two days then go through the side affects again. NOPE.. not for me."

MP (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2018

For Menstrual Disorders: "My OBG prescribed this because I have heavy bleeding and I would bleed for 2 weeks straight during the day and night. I'm taking iron pills. I'm happy that this medicine reduced my bleeding. The only side effects I noticed is I had some pimples all over my back neck and face not too much and for the second month I didn't take any pills my period is still light but it worries me it stopped on the one."

Diva (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2018

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "After years of HEAVY BLEEDING/CLOTS, and switching GYN's each year. I finally have a GYN that is actually getting to the root of my issue. I've been anemic since I started my period as a teen. And now I'm 37, and 3 kids later, my period is WORSE than a C-SECTION!! So my new GYN gave me Taytulla BC, I started iron infusions, my period is lighter... but I'm over this heavy spotting now almost 2 weeks. I'm used to having a heavy period, and clots, at least 5 days. But I'm done now, so I just took my first dose of Lysteda... I'll keep you ladies updated. Fingers crossed!! And, I asked the RPH about the med... he only gave me the negatives lol!! So after reading the reviews, I'm hoping I don't have any bad side effects, because I didn't read many/any."

DENISE FROM FLORIDA (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2018

For Menorrhagia: "Wish I'd known about this drug sooner! 1000mg every 8 hours, only needed for 3 days (vs 5 days prescribed). It's reduced flow by a remarkable 50%! No kidding. No side effects. It is not a pain reliever, it is not meant to be, it helps slow down the bleeding process. Doc said keep taking ibuprofen for pain (also ibuprofen can reduce flow, it works on prostaglandins, I had achieved a reduction of 20% in flow with ibuprofen alone, google it). I'm 42, large fibroids, periods so heavy I couldn't leave the house. I get migraines, and NO this didn't give me a migraine."

Yours truly August 27, 2018

For Menorrhagia: "I was just prescribed this by my gyn for my heavy & painful cycles today. I'm to start it next cycle. Does anyone who suffers from chronic migraine take this? Cos I wondering if they get worse."

ShamikaLeak August 21, 2018

For Menorrhagia: "I’m one of the unlucky ones with side effects to this drug. Took the first dose and noticed my hands shaking but didn’t think much of it. Shortly after the second dose my hands went numb and had to be assessed for a potential stroke. It did significantly lighten my period in the hours that I took it, but the side effects are not worth the risk in my situation."

Justme (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2018

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menstrual Disorders: "Hello, I have abnormal menstrual cycle. My cycle doesn't want to stop when it should. At age 51 I'm about done with this lol my Obgyn suggested that I take Lysteda so this was a choice given to me to take. I'm blessed to be pretty healthy but I despise taking meds I'm concerned about side effects. Should I be worried with Lysteda I don't take any other meds just minerals & vitamins. I wont lie I'm kinda afraid to take Lysteda I'm just a wuss when it come down to it. Is Lysteda safe? I am aware that this may be the last days of seeing another menstrual cycle ,which I am certainly ok with that."

World dreamer August 2, 2018

For Menorrhagia: "50 y.o. with very heavy periods in the last few years. Prescribed tranexamic acid (TA) 2x500mg every 6 hours. Took half the dose every 6 hours for the first 3 days. I could not believe the improvement, the flow reduced back to my normal and did not last more than 4 days. After the first month on TA, my period was a couple days late, so I adjusted the dose to every 8 hours instead of 6. The second month my period was 14 days late, so another adjustment to every 12 hours. The following month again 9 days late and I decided to keep the dose to every 8 hours, always no more than 3 days. For the past couple months, my period actually came 2 days early each time ... All this time the flow has maintained it's improvement though. I can no longer predict when my period will come, however considering how well the flow improved, I can take the unpredictability. I just hope nothing else changes ..."

Relieved August 1, 2018

For Menorrhagia: "This medication has made my heavy periods extremely light and several days shorter ( from 9 or 10 days down to 7). I was leaking through both a super plus tampon and pad every 45 minutes to an hour on several heavy bleeding days a month, causing low iron. Now can wear a regular or super tampon with a panty liner for a few hours. Had uterine polyp removal but did not change anything. So my gynecologist prescribed this and said I could stay on it each month as the Mirena option made me very nervous. I have had no side effects and this prescription has been life changing for me."

Mom to 3 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2018

For Menorrhagia: "My blood pressure has been low since I started this drug almost 24 hrs ago. Is this normal?"

Mickey (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2018

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "The first few months I loved Lysteda, it really reduced the amount of blood flow but now while it reduces blood flow, my cycle has become irregular. My cycles are lasting over 15 days basically every 6 weeks. So I have stopped taking it, just going to have to deal with heavy flow for the first few days"

Sunshine (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 22, 2018