User Reviews for Tranexamic acid

Also known as: Cyklokapron, Lysteda

Learn more about Tranexamic acid.

Bleeding Disorder 3 reviews 9 medications

8.1
Melasma 1 reviews 1 medications

Summary of Tranexamic acid reviews 77 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Tranexamic acid

For Menorrhagia: "I began to have heavy periods when I was very young, it was a nightmare to manage at school, because I had to sit through classes for a whole hour and afterwards would have to carefully waddle to the bathroom to change my pad! The first medication the doctors gave was the pill, a year on that and i had gained 1.5 stone and the periods were still too heavy. I came off the pill, lost the weight and began to take Tranexamic acid. I think I have been using it for around 4 years now. I take 2 tablets 3 times a day for the first 3/4 days of my period. The change in flow is dramatic and I really couldn't manage without them :)"

Tara K July 25, 2016

For Menorrhagia: "I went through a good year or so of extremely heavy monthly menstruation. One cycle, I happened to be in Paris and I was desperate. Unable to do anything and feeling more or less bound to my room, I started researching. Researching a cure for this heavy and debilitating bleeding. I started my research and came across a UK medical site that referenced Tranexamic Acid and people's personal reviews regarding this drug. I walked into a pharmacy in Paris with my ipad in hand, with only a hope in mind. They had it, I bought it and took it. Within less than 30 mins, my extreme bleeding had stopped and I got my life back! I don't know how safe this medication is, but I have read nothing negative so far."

Extreme monthly bleeding July 22, 2016

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "This is my first treatment for severe heavy bleeding. I have two small fibroids. I'm on day two and this drug has made a remarkable difference. Its reduced my severe bleeding to the use of a panty liner. I have had NO side effects yet. This has been a remarkable change for me. I will follow up to let you know if it changes my length."

cantwaittillmenapause July 22, 2016

For Menorrhagia: "2nd mo. of taking 2 tabs approx 3x a day. I use a menstrual cup & over a 5 day cycle on days 1-3 I would be changing a full (.5 oz) cup every 1.5 hr or so. It has gotten to the point where I am so wiped out during my period that I can barely get up off the couch, I'm anemic and my ferritin is 5. I saw fairly immediate results by the 2nd dose. GREATLY reduced the bleeding, by at least 50%. By day 3, barely any flow at all and I can stop the tabs. No side effects for me, only lots of small clots during the bulk of the flow and then it seems to drag out several days little longer with lots of brown spotting, but I don't care about that! GOD SEND and starting to feel normal again!! Praying they keep working for me!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders: "Young 30's with super heavy flow including clotting and severe cramps, for years. Gyno recommended tranexamix acid and it works great. I do experience severe cramping with diarrhea but I'm not sitting in a crime scene after putting a pad and a tampon on after 15 minutes on a short car ride, so I'd say it's a win. Hopefully that gets better as my body adjusts. I am on other medicines for other illnesses including migraines and ulcers so that could be the interactions of the medications but nonetheless, it's an improvement."

Sg823 July 11, 2016

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "After researching various options with my gyn, I decided to try Lysteda. I'm on my second month with it. The first month saw HORRIBLE cramps barely controlled with Advil etc. This month I had almost no cramps nor headaches. I was pleasantly surprised when the flow was much lighter on day 2, normally like Niagara Falls for me. But day 3 isn't really much lighter than it used to be, and my periods are longer. Does it cut the flow? Yes. Does it make mine light? No. I still lose 2 ounces per hour or two during day 3, so I'll use it while I investigate other options."

3kidsandahorse (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders: "I was prescribed Tranexamic acid because of my debilitating periods. I am 45 years old and feel like I am 14 just starting my period again. Huge blood clots, heavy flow for 4 to 5 days, just a horrible mess. I admit I was afraid of the side effects, but just after 1 day I feel alright, I feel a bit drowsy but manageable. My flow is less than half of what it used to be. I take 650mg of Motrin every 8 hours with the Transexamic, and it has been a game changer for sure. This was the first option my doctor wanted me to take, second was the IUD and last being surgery. So far I am pretty happy!"

stratgirl (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders: "I was prescribed this medicine for heavy periods by one of my doctors but wasn't told of the potential risks until another doctor in the same clinic told me that if it's a blood clotting medicine, it could then potentially clot your blood to cause things like stroke, etc. I was prescribed 6 tablets a day and find that taking only one makes a big difference and my periods manageable to light. The possible risk still makes me nervous so I take as little as I can to manage my out of control period."

Don't know what to think (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 11, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders: "I was given this medication as I was prescribed Provera due to hyperplasia, the provera itself have made me bleed heavily for 4 weeks making me anemic so my gyne suggested tranxemic acid 1 3 times a day it's has slowed the bleeding down somewhat but not completely so doctor put me up to 2 3 times a day which I have had to put back down due to severe migraine, runny nose, chest pain and flu symptoms, I don't know what is worse, being on the toilet every half an hour or feeling so run down I can't get off the sofa!"

Rachxx (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders: "I was prescribed this medicine because of heavy bleeding due to uterine fibroids. I HATE it! It made me feel crap!! I wanted to sleep all day (though I couldn't of course) made me weak and achy. It does slow down the bleeding but it wasn't worth it with the awful side effects."

JudiDodd April 17, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders: "I have been diagnosed with fibroids. I have been bleeding for about 6 weeks now. My previous doctor had me on a hormone called megstrol. I worked for the first month and then stopped. my bleeding is out of control. I am no my 3 day of the lysteda. I could tell a difference right away. the bleeding slowed to the point of almost stopping. I started to become a little heavy today before I took my first dose. I hope that this helps with the bleeding and stops it."

Angie burton April 17, 2016

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "As a practitioner I have found Lysteda to be quite effective in the short term but many insurances do not cover it. In women who do not desire future childbearing and have a normal uterine shape (no huge fibroids) I have found office cryo (freezing) ablation to be as effective as hospital based electrosurgical or Heated fluid (hydrothermal). It takes about 20-30 minutes with simply a local anesthetic cervical injection and preprocedure Ibuprofen, Valium (5 mgs) and Percocet (one at home, one on arrival). The average patient pain assessment is 2-3/10 and 80% of women have no flow to what everyone else considers normal. Please ask your own practitioner about it.. It's called HerOption and I have no financial interest in the company"

skdoc1 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 14, 2016

For Menorrhagia: "I started my period at 8 years old and it's always been a nightmare. I would have such heavy periods that I didn't go to school for the first three days. I eventually had to become homeschooled due to period. I had cramps that sent me to the hospital and could never hold anything down. I've been to so many doctors who just put me on birth control which made me gain weight and feel very nauseous. It worked, it stopped my period but of course that's not healthy. Ten years later I still have the same symptoms however, a doctor gave me the holy grail combination. She told me to mix ibuprofen and tranexamic acid together for the first days. This combination, is amazing.Only take at the first sight of bleeding it can push it back."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 12, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders: "I have 20 large fibroids that have come back after two my surgeries. I have just started taking these tablets and what a huge difference it has made to my life. I can now leave the house and no more flooding. I can sleep though the night without getting up multiple times to change. No more large clots. If you bleed to death every month, get these tablets!"

Sezzie (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2016

Cyklokapron (tranexamic acid) for Bleeding Disorder: "I was recommended this tablet a week ago and all its done is made the bleeding worse, going back to doc tomorrow ..... I fear something is terribly wrong .... Wish I had the positive experiences being shared."

Nix25 March 22, 2016

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "I had to write a review to sing the highest praises for this medication! I am 48 years old and have PCOS. My current menstrual cycle started 14 days ago....as a normal cycle then increasingly became heavier and heavier. Just like the other women have posted, I was soaking tampons and pads within two hours with no end in sight. I just finished my third dose and I had my last sanitary napkin on for almost four hours before I needed to change it and it still was not full!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can face the world again and I am starting to feel like myself!!!!!! I am scheduled for an ultrasound but I will deal with those results when the time comes....for now, I am thankful for Lysteda!"

Jakqua March 15, 2016

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "My periods were extreme bleeding/large and numerous blood clots to the point of anemia from fibroids that would affect whether I would leave the house. I was using tampons and sometimes layering 2 pads next to each other and it still was not enough. I hate taking medications, but felt I was to the point that I needed to try something. I took Lysteda (2pills/3xs a day)for my first time, it was amazing. Only used a tampon and light pad. Other periods after, bleeding was cut in 1/2. Side affect: occasional headache. Lets me manage periods while I prepare for uterine artery embolization."

39 year old mom (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 7, 2016

Cyklokapron (tranexamic acid) for Bleeding Disorder: "I am 49yrs young and was prescribed this med. for long lasting, extremely heavy, clotting periods, at my wits end the Dr prescribed 2 tab (TDS) 3x daily, its has been 24hours now, what an improvement!! I noticed improvement overnight I went from using super pads every 2 hours to a panty liner today, no side effects (as yet).. what a relief, I wont use it all the time but its good to have hand when need."

wolfberry March 4, 2016

For Menorrhagia: "This medication was found to be the reason why I had a stroke! They cleared me for all other reasons and all the doctors confirmed it was this medication. Please proceed with caution."

Lorri T (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 3, 2016

For Menorrhagia: "I am 49 and have been dealing with heavy periods most of my life (soaking through a super every 1-2 hours, sometimes less). Month 1, day 1 - I only took 1 pill because the directions on my bottle were wrong. It seemed to take an accumulation of several doses for it to work for me, but I did only take it 2 days and I only bled for 2 days and it was rather light! :) This month, it is day 2, and we'll see what happens, but day 1, I had to changed my clothes 6 times!! :( I realized I only took 2 doses & not 3 though. Dose requirement seems to vary a lot from person to person."

Sybrash (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2016

For Melasma: "*WARNING* I Decided to try this medication for treating pigmentation. Unfortunately I have haven't been on the course long enough to see the improvement. But have experienced side effects, of extreme tiredness, foggy-ness, light headedness, depression along with a swollen lip and hyper sensitivity of my thyroid etc.... and its only been 10 days of use. I am putting this out there that people need to be extra cautious with this drug. For me personally I don't think its worth the effect it brings onto your body, Along with other horror stories I have read In the reviews, I won't be taking this drug lightly. "

Curiosity Cat January 31, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders: "Please be sure not to always trust advice given by a general pract. I begun taking the medication as I suffered heavy periods. I have now no periods . I have now severe health problem as my ovaries are effected from the medication . Also causing slowing and muscular problems speech and trouble thinking . Also tiredness most times not wanting to wake up. I am thankfully a mother but I did not think this could effect my chance in the future for more children. It completely stopped my periods and ruined my hormone levels. My count is so bad the effects are scary. Cyst have been a major cause of stomach pain and depression ."

what to do now . (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 18, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders: "My periods were getting worse. To the point I was flooding a super tampon in less than an hour and it was like a tap with clots the size of 50p. I have taken once month last month. 3 days two tabs 3 times p/d. This month I have to take them but now I am 8 days late on my period. I already have fertility problems and had my left tube taken out 3years ago for the best interest of my health. I am 32 and had two long term relationships. I've never used contraception with my 2 partners and have never conceived. I am awaiting further diagnosis from my gynaecologist. Just wondering has anyone else's cycle stopped completely taking these tablets?"

Lottery (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2016

For Menorrhagia: "I've been on this medication for about a year, and it has saved my life, and kept me from needing an ablation. Before taking it, I could barely leave the house for 24 hours each month. Now I take 1 pill every 8 hours for a day and a half...and I can function again. I can work, and I can go out and see friends. The only side effect that I have is mild dry mouth. The pills start working in about 40 minutes, and I can see a difference right away. They started working the very first month I took them, and have worked every month since. Thank God for this medicine. It's been a total game changer."

RC43 January 8, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders: "Have used it before and it works great for my heavy menstrual bleeding"

Juicycdm December 11, 2015