User Reviews for Tranexamic acid

Also known as: Cyklokapron, Lysteda

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Tranexamic acid.

Factor IX Deficiency

6.3

Melasma

Summary of Tranexamic acid reviews 7.0 122 reviews

Reviews for Tranexamic acid

For Menstrual Disorders: "I started taking these pills about a year ago. I asked my doctor if she has anything that helps heavy bleeding. She prescribed tranex acid, and for the first couple of months every thing was ok. Six months into taking the meds I started feeling my heart beat racing, it would beat so fast that it would cause me to cough or I would feel my hear beat in my throat. But I didn’t think it was the pills at first, until I skipped a month and that’s when I noticed the rapid heart beats were calming down and stopped. Then the moment I started back taking them is when it started back beating rapid again."

Ms. Dixon (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 13, 2018

For Menorrhagia: "I suffer from both endometriosis and adenomyosis with near debilitating bleeding each month. Lysteda works for me as non-surgical treatment as long as I stay on top of each dose, 3x a day. If I'm late on a dose, the bleeding comes back full force which is a testament to how well it works and how quickly it moves through your system. Having said that, I'm finding that my cycles are lengthening on this medication. It is not supposed to be a side effect, but after the first month, my cycle was 4 days late and now on the second go around, 10 days late (still waiting)."

DrugReviewer (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 10, 2018

For Menstrual Disorders: "My doctor prescribed this for heavy menstrual bleeding. This stuff is awesome. I have fibroids. The heaviest day of my period lasts 24 hours, where I have to change my tampon every hour. I use the heaviest absorbency - Tampax Ultra 15-18 milligrams. I'm a light sleeper, so even during the night I would get up every hour to change. And the cramps - horrible. I was poppingadvil every 4 hours and they still didn't ease all the cramping. This is my 2nd month of taking these. Blood loss is reduced by at least 75%. My heaviest day, I change every 3-4 hours now. The cramps are not nearly as bad. Also, I noticed after the 2nd day of taking this, my skin is so smooth and glowing. Like I've had a facial"

JND154545 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2017

For Menstrual Disorders: "Used this tablet for 3 days for heavy periods 2 tablets 500mg When I stopped on a 3rd day I've experienced extra heavy bleeding with large clots .... I'll give it a go this month for 4 day hoping for some improvements"

Brenks December 28, 2017

For Menstrual Disorders: "Didn’t work at all for me. Was prescribed for heavy, month and a half long bleeding and it only made it worse. Now I’m soaking through a super plus tampon every hour. It messed up my vision in right eye so bad I thought I was going blind and caused pounding migraines. Waste of time and money."

Ally Gator December 24, 2017

For Menstrual Disorders: "I'm 55 years old and hadn't had a period for 9 months then had 3 weeks of bleeding before I went to the doctor and he prescribed this medication It is great! It has basically stopped my bleeding. Because of the risks, my Doctor suggested I stop taking it because my bleeding has stopped. I was on it for (3 days) and he did NOT want me to go over (5) days."

LP_LA26 December 21, 2017

For Menstrual Disorders: "I don't want to take this medicine anymore. The side effects are killing me. Headache that is worse than migraine and unexplainable pain in my lower abdomen and hips. I couldn't go to work because of pain."

Bogs (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2017

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "I’m 46 years old and Lysteda has been a miracle drug for me. In the last two years, my period took a turn for the worst - i.e. horrible clots that no tampon in the world could hold. I would randomly pass large clots one day, minimal bleeding the next and then clots again! It was so unpredictable that I was afraid to go anywhere in public. Let’s just say, I had one too many experiences, where I had to run to the ladies room at the grocery store, nail spa, car dealership... just to name a few. I’m blessed in that I work for a group of minimally invasive gynecologists who suggested I try Lysteda. My period is not “perfect”, but it’s definitely improved w/Lysteda!"

lisaw72 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 3, 2017

For Melasma: "My GP prescribed this to me for melasma. Dosage was 1 a day. After a few months, results were apparent. It was fantastic. I have been on it for 6 months now and my menstrual flow has also improved and I experience less cramps compared to before I was on it."

Ezabelle November 9, 2017

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menstrual Disorders: "Hi everyone, well it's obvious that this medication is not for everyone, but for me I gotta tell you that I am grateful that I took this decision. For years I been having the worse periods just like most of you,I couldn't go out due to my heavy days. It came to a point where I had to wear diapers to sleep and during the day. I suffer from multiple fibroids, one is 5cm. But when I was given my options, I decided to take listeda and try it for 3 months before a hysterectomy and it was the best decision ever. I went from gushing periods to almost spotting ones. The first day I tried, I was on my second day of menstrual and it was really bad. but I took the first 2 pills and within 30 mins my period just stopped. It was so lite I could not believe it."

Nothanks31 November 9, 2017

For Menstrual Disorders: "I’ve had heavy periods for years which are likely caused by Fibroids. The pill and coil aren’t an option so I was prescribed Tranexamic Acid, which I take, sparingly on days one and two of my period. I’ve found the medication to be a great help as it means I can go about my business without the risk of flooding and leaking through, especially at night. I currently need to wear the thickest tampon available and a long, thick nighttime towel, changing every hour on the second day. I said previously, I take it sparingly as I do wonder if the drug can cause clotting in the arteries. My GP had never really given me a definitive answer, but as a non smoker, I would assume my risk of DVT is on the lower side."

Velvetee (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 31, 2017

For Melasma: "Side effect concerns : After three day of taking 325mg twice a day I became light headed, rapid heart rate (like it was going to jump out of my body) and extreme tiredness. I stopped on day four and this may be unrelated but have a bad leg cramp, in my calf. Concerns of a blood clot are high for me (no medical professional has looked at my leg yet)."

KelB (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2017

For Menstrual Disorders: "I'm glad my doctor prescribed this medicine to me. I was having very heavy cycles, to the point I would wear a pair of depends and 2 overnight pads in them. I would bleed through that and the clothes I was wearing in less than 45 minutes. I have been taking TA for about a year and my cycles are more manageable."

Zirobo (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 22, 2017

For Bleeding Disorder: "I've been bleeding for about 12 days prior to this I didn't have a period. Today is my second day and I've noticed the bleeding is a lot less. I just want the bleeding to stop its literally driving me crazy not to mention playing havoc with my sex life."

Abz3108 August 24, 2017

For Bleeding Disorder: "I have a hereditary vascular disorder called HHT (Hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia). I have had daily horrible nose bleeds, to the point of needing frequent transfusions. Had cauterization and laser treatments, which only helped for a few weeks. I have been on the medication for 2 months now, and have had only 2 "gushers". I hope this improvement continues."

striker1 August 21, 2017

For Bleeding Disorder: "I have kind of hemophilia and having gum bleeding and heavy menstuation, tranexamic acid did not help me at all. ( Daflon 500mg) ( micronized purified flavonoid ) 2 tablets 2 times a day was SO helpful Bad experience with tranexamic acid. Good experience with Daflon tablets. I wish this will be helpful for such suffering person from bleeding disorder"

KokiseniorH August 18, 2017

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menstrual Disorders: "This medicine is a blessing I am 43 years old I eat healthy and exercise everyday except weekends. On March 15 2017 I was given the depot shot for my heavy bleeding BIG MISTAKE. From the shot I experience more bleeding and blood clots then I ever experience prior to me taking the shot. My bleeding continued for over 90 days I was admitted to the hospital for low blood and had to have a 4 pints of blood transfusion. On July 4 my doctor prescribed Lysteda I did experience some cramping and back pain but after 5 days of taking this medicine 3 times a day my bleeding stop completely now husband and I are much happier people!!"

J Baby July 20, 2017

For Bleeding Disorder: "I went to my doctor with excessive blood loss that started lasting up to 8 days with loss of massive clots. I was told due to having issues for years that my husband & I would never naturally have children. I have had CIN3, ovarian cysts, endometriosis & now fibroids. My periods were coming on time every 4 weeks, it was just the flow that was all different & extreme. I had the Mirena Implant put in & now I bleed for 12 days every 2 weeks & am more irritable & moody than ever. Doctor put me on Tranexamic Acid tablets & Ponstan & now I am experiencing dizziness, confusion & a feeling like I'm walking on air. Totally wrong response we were all looking for. This was meant to stop me bleed & not have all the issues I have right now."

Halli (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2017

For Menstrual Disorders: "I started this medication 3 days ago, I just took the last dose. I don't see that it's helping at all. The bleeding slows down a little during the day but it super heavy when I wake up in the morning. I was cramping before the medicine so I won't say that it's affecting that. I'm not sure I like this medicine. How many days do I need to take it before the bleeding slows completely?"

LVNativeAngel (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2017

For Menstrual Disorders: "Last month, my doctor asked me to take TA for a week (2-500g/day) in order to stop my abnormal uterine bleeding. It did relieved my symptom. I am 35 years old and my period has been on a regular 28-day cycle apart from that one episode last month. What concerns me now is that my period has been late for 4 days. It's still too early to tell if it's a side effect of the med I took. All I can do at the moment is to wait for a few more days to be sure before I report back to my doctor. :("

Mae Kathryn June 19, 2017

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menstrual Disorders: "This medication has been a life saver for me. I usually bleed so bad that I can't go anywhere when I have my period. I flood the whole time! My doctor prescribed this for my Disney Trip. What a lifesaver! My periods are much lighter and I have no side effects from this medication. Love it!!"

KimberlyE June 1, 2017

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menstrual Disorders: "Let me just say last month from the evening of the 1st to the morning of the 3rd I used 50 pads !! A few tampons too ! I started lysteda on the evening of the 1st this month, yes it was lighter !! 28 pads in 2 days. Day 3 and 4 got heavier!! Today I had clotting like I've never seen in my 30 plus years of having a cycle (dollar bill size). The cramps were so bad I felt like I was in labor !! I do suffer from fibriod tumors, and anemia due to heavy bleeding . I'm having a hysterectomy next month, and my Dr wants me to take these pills again next month. I WILL NOT TAKE ANY MORE OF THESE PILLS !! NOT 1 MORE !!"

DebilitatingPeriods (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2017

For Melasma: "My dermatologist in Philippines have prescribed it for my melasma, for 3 months. After a month and a half, have seen a significant decrease , then disappear after 3 months . But as soon as I stopped using it. My brown spots starts coming back again even with continued sunscreen. The side effects I experience was a slight increase of my blood pressure and anemia."

Bonet (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2017

For Menstrual Disorders: "This medication has helped tremendously with my iron deficiency."

Katniss3787 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 16, 2017

For Menorrhagia: "My doctor prescribred me TA for my heavy periods.I am taking it for a 3 months now and I must say that my life is much easier. My period last for 7 days but I am taking TA for only 4 days as I figured out that taking them only 4 days is enough as those days are the worst anyway. My dosage is 2 tablets 3 times a day(500mg each tablet). Only difference I noticed is that my period each month is slightly late, for example this month was late 9 days and previous two months was late for 5 days .I am married and I have never been pregnant. I don't know if TA has any impact on your fertility but I can say that it might make it a little bit difficult to trace ovulation days because you cannot be sure how long your period will be late."

Denise Day (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2017