User Reviews for Tranexamic acid

Also known as: Cyklokapron, Lysteda

Learn more about Tranexamic acid.

Bleeding Disorder 6 reviews 9 medications

7.6
Melasma 2 reviews 1 medications

Summary of Tranexamic acid reviews 104 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Tranexamic acid

For Menstrual Disorders: "I started this medication 3 days ago, I just took the last dose. I don't see that it's helping at all. The bleeding slows down a little during the day but it super heavy when I wake up in the morning. I was cramping before the medicine so I won't say that it's affecting that. I'm not sure I like this medicine. How many days do I need to take it before the bleeding slows completely?"

LVNativeAngel (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Menstrual Disorders: "Last month, my doctor asked me to take TA for a week (2-500g/day) in order to stop my abnormal uterine bleeding. It did relieved my symptom. I am 35 years old and my period has been on a regular 28-day cycle apart from that one episode last month. What concerns me now is that my period has been late for 4 days. It's still too early to tell if it's a side effect of the med I took. All I can do at the moment is to wait for a few more days to be sure before I report back to my doctor. :("

Mae Kathryn June 19, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menstrual Disorders: "This medication has been a life saver for me. I usually bleed so bad that I can't go anywhere when I have my period. I flood the whole time! My doctor prescribed this for my Disney Trip. What a lifesaver! My periods are much lighter and I have no side effects from this medication. Love it!!"

KimberlyE June 1, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menstrual Disorders: "Let me just say last month from the evening of the 1st to the morning of the 3rd I used 50 pads !! A few tampons too ! I started lysteda on the evening of the 1st this month, yes it was lighter !! 28 pads in 2 days. Day 3 and 4 got heavier!! Today I had clotting like I've never seen in my 30 plus years of having a cycle (dollar bill size). The cramps were so bad I felt like I was in labor !! I do suffer from fibriod tumors, and anemia due to heavy bleeding . I'm having a hysterectomy next month, and my Dr wants me to take these pills again next month. I WILL NOT TAKE ANY MORE OF THESE PILLS !! NOT 1 MORE !!"

DebilitatingPeriods (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Melasma: "My dermatologist in Philippines have prescribed it for my melasma, for 3 months. After a month and a half, have seen a significant decrease , then disappear after 3 months . But as soon as I stopped using it. My brown spots starts coming back again even with continued sunscreen. The side effects I experience was a slight increase of my blood pressure and anemia."

Bonet (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Menstrual Disorders: "This medication has helped tremendously with my iron deficiency."

Katniss3787 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 16, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Menorrhagia: "My doctor prescribred me TA for my heavy periods.I am taking it for a 3 months now and I must say that my life is much easier. My period last for 7 days but I am taking TA for only 4 days as I figured out that taking them only 4 days is enough as those days are the worst anyway. My dosage is 2 tablets 3 times a day(500mg each tablet). Only difference I noticed is that my period each month is slightly late, for example this month was late 9 days and previous two months was late for 5 days .I am married and I have never been pregnant. I don't know if TA has any impact on your fertility but I can say that it might make it a little bit difficult to trace ovulation days because you cannot be sure how long your period will be late."

Denise Day (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Menstrual Disorders: "Dr prescribed this for heavy period, clotting due to fibroids. Used to have to change pad (no use for tampon...flow too much) every 45 minutes. It worked within hours of taking. Now on 3rd month. First 2 cycles were heavy. Third one has been some light spotting and cramping but hardly anything! I haven't taken a single pill in over a month. Very pleased."

KallyMc March 9, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bleeding Disorder: "When I was 13 my periods started to go mental, they would occur every 2 weeks and last for a week and they were so heavy I'd bleed through a deluxe night pad in an hour. I would spend school days in with the nurse either because I'd be in agony or I had just fainted. I wouldn't be able to sleep either as I'd constantly had to change my pad. My Mam eventually brought me to the doctor and because I was so young they didn't want to put me on the pill so instead she prescribed Cyklokapron . At first I had to take two 500mg tablets four times a day now I'm down to twice a day and it's great. My periods are still heavy but manageable, I'm no longer severely anemic I only get week long periods once a month. My periods no longer ruin my life."

Orla32 February 22, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Menorrhagia: "I took it for three days before the left side of my face went numb, and my coordination/depth perception became screwy. I went to the ER, where they diagnosed a "Partial" Bell's Palsy. There were so many Drs (Including neurologists) talking about my case bc my symptoms didn't fit into any diagnosis. I think that this side effect should be better publicized! Now I want to know if this paralysis is ever going to resolve. Has anyone out there experienced this?"

hfps (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Menstrual Disorders: "I was prescribed this to reduce my heavy periods, which had been contributing to my aneamia - I had been getting annual iron transfusions for the previous three years. I'm on two three times per day for four days. They work as in, have reduced my bleeding significantly. I have not noticed any side effects during the days I take them. Initially when I took the tablets I would keep spotting for up to 7 days but the last few months my period is all over by day 5. My periods have gone from a 28 day cycle to a 35 day cycle - so I'm assuming this is a side effect. I do get some slight pre period cramping in the 2-3 days before I get my period now, which I have not had previously. My alternatives to taking this were getting a Mirena implant"

Annie OP February 11, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Menorrhagia: "Transxemic Acid has definitely helped reduce the heavy bleeding that I experience during my periods. I find that often I only need 1-4 tablets to see a significant difference. Another bonus is that the pain has also reduced too but has not completely gone away which was expected anyway."

Ay123 January 27, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bleeding Disorder: "I've had horrible periods since high school. I remember in high school when the bell rang I just sat there until the entire class left then walked to the office to get a ride home. When I got up, it was a puddle of blood. Literally a puddle. I'm 35 and would sleep with a towel under me plus an overnight pad because I would always overflow. I've started getting really bad clots and I am unable to take birth control pills. Bad bruises, weak, anemic.. You know the drill. So doctor suggested this... I'm on day 3 and it is a total game changer. I did a spin class this morning (usually day 2 of HEAVY flow) with a tampon and panty liner. I never ever thought this was possible. Small headache, totally worth it."

Lindsay2014 January 25, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Menstrual Disorders: "Where has this been all my life? My cycles were really heavy. I would use an ultra tampon and have an overnight pad on as well. I would go to the bathroom every hour. Now I can go every 3-4 hours. I don't have to worry about getting up in the middle of the night changing pads. Now I can move on with life and don't have to worry about going somewhere on cycle days."

Pocahontas04 December 22, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Menorrhagia: "I'm 45 years old and scheduled for total hysterectomy for Fibroid cysts. While waiting for surgery date and having horrible, unbreabe pain while passing huge blood clots the doctor on call prescribed Tranexamic Acid 2 three times a day. Within 20 mins of the first dose, I had relief from pain!! Now on my third day and bleeding has substantially subsided and most importantly the pain is gone! I experienced no side effects. These were an answer to prayers!"

TriciaAZ November 14, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bleeding Disorder: "first day taking the medication, the dose is take 2 650mg 3 times a day. it seems like alot but my fingers are crossed that it will help."

honey1642311 (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "I have only been taking this medication for 3 days but I can tell the difference already. After having a tubes tied I started experience even heavier periods than I did before. I've always had heavy periods but they got worse after my tubes were tied, I would wear tampons and overnight pads. Last night was the first night in over a year and a half that I did not wear a pad to sleep and it was marvelous especially since j hate pads anyway. Keep you up dated with progress like I said this is just day 3."

Renaelee (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Menorrhagia: "Just turned 40. Periods have been extremely heavy w/ clots galore and horrible cramps since high school. I've tried 4 different types of birth control pills, tried the depo shot, and tried Mirena; nothing worked. I feel like when studies say "9 out of 10 people" that I'm always the one person it didn't work for, whatever "it" may be. Doc said to try tranexamic acid first and if it doesn't work, to consider an ablation before considering a hysterectomy. I'll try to rate this on a pros and cons scale. PROS: My period got slightly less heavier midway thru the second day, but not light by any means. CONS: extreme dizziness, numbness in face and hands, severe sharp pains in my abdomen. Not willing to do this monthly. Guess ablation's next. :("

Period Hater (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "Lysteda changed my life. For years, I have experienced incredibly painful periods with debilitating blood flow. I experienced severe anemia, bruising, and menstrual cramps that caused vomiting and fainting. I would clot through super pads and tampons at least one per hour (wearing them simultaneously even overnight) for five+ days. It was impossible to even leave my house because of how often I would bleed through my clothes. My dr recommended trying Lysteda before opting for an irreversibly surgery. (I am not able to go on bc or use implants due to a uterine deformity.) Lysteda started working immediately, within an hour. My periods last about 4 days now and I can get away with wearing just a pad. My life has changed and I am so thankful!!"

Efs1987 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 2, 2016

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "I started taking lysteda 3 months ago. The first month was great except once I was done my period came back but not heavy. The next month I had 2.5 days of mess and my period stopped. I didn't take anymore as it makes me feel like crap. Now 49 days later I still haven't had a period. Not sure I will take this again."

Brianimal (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Menstrual Disorders: "I suffered from severe bleeding during period that would last 10 or so days and also intense cramping. (Even the Dr was surprised the severity!). The severe blood loss lead to me being anaemic. I was recommended tranexamic acid and it has completely changed my life. It's over halved the amount of blood lost and now my period lasts less than a week (roughly 5 days?). Couldn't survive without this anymore! It's also good because it can be used along with over the counter painkillers to help with cramping!"

Breathe&Believe September 25, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Menorrhagia: "I have been using it for a year now only on the heavy days of my period. 3 times a day for the 2 middle days. I've had quite severe anemia and only 20 days cycle which means 7 days bleeding couple of weeks rest and here we go again. This is a great medication. Reduced my bleeding and helps me get on with my life while on it. Highly recommend"

Justinaking (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 16, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menstrual Disorders: "I had horrible reactions to this medication which landed me back in the hospital ER twice. Nine days later my body is still struggling to get this drug out of my system. I will never take it again. If you have a reaction to it, there is no reversing it. Use caution."

Tiskerri (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "Within 20 minutes of taking this medication one side of my body became numb, I got really confused, and felt like I could not talk and then I lost consciousness briefly. It was the closest thing I can imagine to a stroke, and the after effects from this very scary experience lasted for days. I was told to discontinue immediately."

Ang.S (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Menorrhagia: "For 25 years I have had debilitating periods. Most months the cramping so severe I would need vicadin and tons of motrin. After several OBs suggesting a hysterectomy, another 2 an ablation, this last one prescribed TA. I can't believe I had never heard of it. I have gone from filling a diva cup every hour or two for 2-3 days, do barely needing a pad. This is a GODSEND for me. I have a life. I'm not completely exhausted, and I went to the lake ALL DAY on day 2 of my period. Now I need to work on getting my ferritin levels back up! I'm hopeful."

Monthly Sufferer September 7, 2016