User Reviews for Tranexamic acid

Melasma
5.5

Summary of Tranexamic acid reviews 7.6 138 reviews

Reviews for Tranexamic acid

For Menorrhagia: "I’m one of the unlucky ones with side effects to this drug. Took the first dose and noticed my hands shaking but didn’t think much of it. Shortly after the second dose my hands went numb and had to be assessed for a potential stroke. It did significantly lighten my period in the hours that I took it, but the side effects are not worth the risk in my situation."

Justme (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2018

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menstrual Disorders: "Hello, I have abnormal menstrual cycle. My cycle doesn't want to stop when it should. At age 51 I'm about done with this lol my Obgyn suggested that I take Lysteda so this was a choice given to me to take. I'm blessed to be pretty healthy but I despise taking meds I'm concerned about side effects. Should I be worried with Lysteda I don't take any other meds just minerals & vitamins. I wont lie I'm kinda afraid to take Lysteda I'm just a wuss when it come down to it. Is Lysteda safe? I am aware that this may be the last days of seeing another menstrual cycle ,which I am certainly ok with that."

World dreamer August 2, 2018

For Menorrhagia: "50 y.o. with very heavy periods in the last few years. Prescribed tranexamic acid (TA) 2x500mg every 6 hours. Took half the dose every 6 hours for the first 3 days. I could not believe the improvement, the flow reduced back to my normal and did not last more than 4 days. After the first month on TA, my period was a couple days late, so I adjusted the dose to every 8 hours instead of 6. The second month my period was 14 days late, so another adjustment to every 12 hours. The following month again 9 days late and I decided to keep the dose to every 8 hours, always no more than 3 days. For the past couple months, my period actually came 2 days early each time ... All this time the flow has maintained it's improvement though. I can no longer predict when my period will come, however considering how well the flow improved, I can take the unpredictability. I just hope nothing else changes ..."

Relieved August 1, 2018

For Menorrhagia: "This medication has made my heavy periods extremely light and several days shorter ( from 9 or 10 days down to 7). I was leaking through both a super plus tampon and pad every 45 minutes to an hour on several heavy bleeding days a month, causing low iron. Now can wear a regular or super tampon with a panty liner for a few hours. Had uterine polyp removal but did not change anything. So my gynecologist prescribed this and said I could stay on it each month as the Mirena option made me very nervous. I have had no side effects and this prescription has been life changing for me."

Mom to 3 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2018

For Menorrhagia: "My blood pressure has been low since I started this drug almost 24 hrs ago. Is this normal?"

Mickey (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2018

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "The first few months I loved Lysteda, it really reduced the amount of blood flow but now while it reduces blood flow, my cycle has become irregular. My cycles are lasting over 15 days basically every 6 weeks. So I have stopped taking it, just going to have to deal with heavy flow for the first few days"

Sunshine (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 22, 2018

For Menstrual Disorders: "I have been taking tranexamic acid for my heavy periods and it’s honestly changed my life. Gone from leaking through clothes, massive clots, being anxious about the amount of blood loss all the time to a very light flow. I was prescribed mefenamic acid alongside this so with the two together I no longer have to worry about the pain or the heavy flow."

Cp (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2018

For Melasma: "I have been on this medication for 2 months and my melasma has almost completely disappeared!!! I have tried everything and this is my miracle drug!!!"

Michelle (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2018

For Menorrhagia: "I have suffered year with periods so bad they would make me faint with pain. I eventually plucked up courage to go to dr and had a emergency lap which showed no endo . I was put on tranexamic acid and “ it changed my life” I also use buscopan for the cramping and bloating and together I can go about my daily business. It almost stops my bleeding. I bleed for 3 days not 9-10. Great little drug"

Gizzy (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 7, 2018

For Bleeding Disorder: "I will be turning 50 yrs soon and I have had constant bleeding/spotting for the past 5 yrs. I have had untold tests, seen about 3 Drs in my surgery and NO one can tell me why I'm bleeding/spotting so often. Out of a month I'm lucky if i had 5 days of feeling normal. I cannot wear Tampax so living in pads every day is driving me mad, bordering depression now. Two days ago I went back to the surgery saw a Dr I saw 4 yrs ago and now he has referred me to have more tests done with the possibility of having a hysterectomy, he prescribed these tablets and I have been taking them for two days now and no change. I don't know how long I can take them. I'm so frustrated with this bleeding it's affecting all aspects of my life, I feel like I'm the only woman in the world that is experiencing this! I even had the Mirena coil put in nearly a year ago and that was a waste of time. Hope this tablet will help but I'm not holding my breath."

Rudegirl April 26, 2018

For Menstrual Disorders: "I’m 18 years old and experience extremely heavy and painful periods, my mother has endometriosis and as it is hereditary worries I may have it too. My GP prescribed me this as a trial before the pill and during the first 3 days of me taking two 500mg tablets 3x a day, I experienced no change in the amount I was bleeding (in fact I was heavier than I've ever been on a first day) and my cramps were so bad I laid crying on the floor. It made me nauseous and I had a migraine for my whole period. My doctor said this might just be my body getting used to the drug so I tried it again for my next 3 periods and still the same result. My most recent period I decided not to take the tablets and my period was suddenly really watery however it was still heavy and had the pain again. Not sure what I’m going to do now. It works for some but I personally would not recommend"

julie (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2018

For Menstrual Disorders: "I have only used it once and I hope it works similarly next month because for the first time in years I have felt 'normal' during my period. I was able to use regular tampons, practically no bleeding during the night (I usually have to sleep on a towel and get up multiple times). I usually have a massive blood loss and clots that make me feel like I'm passing my liver out of my body! I had energy again (I have anaemia due to adenomyosis/blood loss) and was able to actually go out and enjoy life. I would recommend at least give it a try. Like others I was unable to use the mirena coil and I was also reluctant to take the pill (hormones/mood swings/bloating). I found this amazing - and yeah, hoping it continues as well as it did this month :) Oh, and PS, I was only taking a half dose (I'm a bit of a worrier when it comes to medications) and it made my blood loss very light and very manageable."

Duphrane (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2018

For Menstrual Disorders: "The first time I used this medicine as instructed - 2 pills 3x daily. I was instructed to use for 5 days, but I did not reach day 5 because of the side effects. This time around, I only used 2 pills on Days 1 & 2 and I definitely have experienced more side effects than I expected - dizziness and nausea on day 1 and then diarrhea on day 2. However, it is worth it in my opinion. I did pilates today without an issue.... I could never do that with my heavy period (fibroid related)!!! Now I can pop a pill and go out to dinner an hour later without having to worry about wearing white. Huge relief."

Dani (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2018

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "Wow, first let me say, this drug is not what I expected it to do. Stay away from this medication! I'M WARNING YOU!!!"

dd March 28, 2018

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "A miracle , an absolute miracle . I've been very sick for the past 3 years (so much so that I have chronic anemia , and have been requiring IV infusions from a hematologist and the anemia being so chronic has caused some irreversable damage to my body . So I had asked many doctors for help yet they all only seem to know about birth control or hysterectomy. Although I only took one month of treatment, my bleeding was about 70 percent reduced and I seemed to have a much more normal period. The pain was much less pain than I'm use to as my usual cramping and clotting was so severe it resembled labor and delivery of fist sized clots , and usually required a trip to the hospital for IV Toradol /Morphine for the quite severe pain. I can happily say I think this is going to heal me from the chronic Anemia with continued use and time. (side effects were not very noticeable if at all. Just much more normal period.)"

HelpGetEmToStick March 5, 2018

For Menstrual Disorders: "I started taking this medication about two months ago. I decided to go with this medication because it doesn't mess with hormones and specifically helps with heavy menstrual flow. I started taking it and my flow is so much lighter. The only problem is, my cramps have become unbearable. Before I was on the medication, I never had cramps, just a very heavy flow."

Ashley Peacock (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2018

For Menstrual Disorders: "I started taking these pills about a year ago. I asked my doctor if she has anything that helps heavy bleeding. She prescribed tranex acid, and for the first couple of months every thing was ok. Six months into taking the meds I started feeling my heart beat racing, it would beat so fast that it would cause me to cough or I would feel my hear beat in my throat. But I didn’t think it was the pills at first, until I skipped a month and that’s when I noticed the rapid heart beats were calming down and stopped. Then the moment I started back taking them is when it started back beating rapid again."

Ms. Dixon (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 13, 2018

For Menorrhagia: "I suffer from both endometriosis and adenomyosis with near debilitating bleeding each month. Lysteda works for me as non-surgical treatment as long as I stay on top of each dose, 3x a day. If I'm late on a dose, the bleeding comes back full force which is a testament to how well it works and how quickly it moves through your system. Having said that, I'm finding that my cycles are lengthening on this medication. It is not supposed to be a side effect, but after the first month, my cycle was 4 days late and now on the second go around, 10 days late (still waiting)."

DrugReviewer (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 10, 2018

For Menstrual Disorders: "My doctor prescribed this for heavy menstrual bleeding. This stuff is awesome. I have fibroids. The heaviest day of my period lasts 24 hours, where I have to change my tampon every hour. I use the heaviest absorbency - Tampax Ultra 15-18 milligrams. I'm a light sleeper, so even during the night I would get up every hour to change. And the cramps - horrible. I was poppingadvil every 4 hours and they still didn't ease all the cramping. This is my 2nd month of taking these. Blood loss is reduced by at least 75%. My heaviest day, I change every 3-4 hours now. The cramps are not nearly as bad. Also, I noticed after the 2nd day of taking this, my skin is so smooth and glowing. Like I've had a facial"

JND154545 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2017

For Menstrual Disorders: "Used this tablet for 3 days for heavy periods 2 tablets 500mg When I stopped on a 3rd day I've experienced extra heavy bleeding with large clots .... I'll give it a go this month for 4 day hoping for some improvements"

Brenks December 28, 2017

For Menstrual Disorders: "Didn’t work at all for me. Was prescribed for heavy, month and a half long bleeding and it only made it worse. Now I’m soaking through a super plus tampon every hour. It messed up my vision in right eye so bad I thought I was going blind and caused pounding migraines. Waste of time and money."

Ally Gator December 24, 2017

For Menstrual Disorders: "I'm 55 years old and hadn't had a period for 9 months then had 3 weeks of bleeding before I went to the doctor and he prescribed this medication It is great! It has basically stopped my bleeding. Because of the risks, my Doctor suggested I stop taking it because my bleeding has stopped. I was on it for (3 days) and he did NOT want me to go over (5) days."

LP_LA26 December 21, 2017

For Menstrual Disorders: "I don't want to take this medicine anymore. The side effects are killing me. Headache that is worse than migraine and unexplainable pain in my lower abdomen and hips. I couldn't go to work because of pain."

Bogs (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2017

Lysteda (tranexamic acid) for Menorrhagia: "I’m 46 years old and Lysteda has been a miracle drug for me. In the last two years, my period took a turn for the worst - i.e. horrible clots that no tampon in the world could hold. I would randomly pass large clots one day, minimal bleeding the next and then clots again! It was so unpredictable that I was afraid to go anywhere in public. Let’s just say, I had one too many experiences, where I had to run to the ladies room at the grocery store, nail spa, car dealership... just to name a few. I’m blessed in that I work for a group of minimally invasive gynecologists who suggested I try Lysteda. My period is not “perfect”, but it’s definitely improved w/Lysteda!"

lisaw72 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 3, 2017

For Melasma: "My GP prescribed this to me for melasma. Dosage was 1 a day. After a few months, results were apparent. It was fantastic. I have been on it for 6 months now and my menstrual flow has also improved and I experience less cramps compared to before I was on it."

Ezabelle November 9, 2017