User Reviews for Trokendi XR

Trokendi XR has an average rating of 10.0 out of 10 from a total of 2 ratings on Drugs.com. 50% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 50% reported a negative effect.

Epilepsy
10.0
Seizure Prevention
10.0
Summary of Trokendi XR reviews 10.0 2 reviews

Jamie February 18, 2020

For Epilepsy: “I have seizures but also suffer from severe migraines that became more and more frequent. My neurologist started me on this medication I was an also on 400mg neurontin and was previously on keppra. I’m now up to 100mg daily of the trokendi with the neurontin and my headaches are almost completely gone! I’ve suffered from migraines almost all my life! I feel them try to come once in a while when severe weather is coming or when my hormones are fluctuating but they never fully become a complete migraine. I haven’t experienced the brain fog I’ve heard about, but I do get tingly nerve sensations in my feet, hands and face occasionally. No mood swings, my mood is actually more stable. Hope this helps someone. Also, I don’t have frequent seizures so I can’t really say if it helps with that. My seizures are triggered by traumatic stress, so it’s more of a preventative.”

Shakennotstirred · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 8, 2015

For Seizure Prevention: “A little over 2 years ago I was involved in a MVA, and sustained a traumatic brain injury. My neurologist put me on Trokendi XR for 2 reasons - to prevent seizures and migraines. Prior to the accident, I had always been a fairly healthy 5'7 160 pounds and worked out almost daily, and generally are very healthy. After the accident I became almost sedentary, depressed and suicidal. I had gained over 35 pounds but I honestly didn't much care. The Trikendi XR and the Adderall (prescribed to assist with the severe ADD caused by the brain injury) has helped me lose weight along with proper diet and minimum exercise. My seizures have gone from major, grandmal to pseudo-seizures to seldom, and my migraines have gone from daily to about 4 per week.”

Lil'Mrs · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 9, 2019

“This medication seemed to cause headaches instead of help. It made me anxious and caused insomnia. It did help with weight reduction as I had gained weight from other meds. But, eventually I started to feel hopeless and depressed because of the pain. It really wreaked havoc on my moods.”

Mom to eight · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 16, 2020

“Trokendi XR was a game changer for me! After suffering with chronic neck pain and headaches for several years, this medication changed everything without the side effects of topiramate that made me sleepy, depressed and with a bad taste in my mouth! Unfortunately, I can't afford it and couldn't get financial assistance to continue. What's a mom to so many children to do? Back to Topirimate I go! :-(”

bb · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 15, 2019

“So I have idiopathic inter-cranial hypertension and so far I am up to 50 mg of Trokendi XR and already have the tingling caused by another medicine. I have had decreased appetite and I have always been a been a binge eater so I don't mind the change in eating habits, but haven't experience any confusion. I have prior issues with depression etc but they do not seem to have changed with the medication. I am down to two migraines a week max.”

Galbias · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 9, 2021

“Was prescribed this for hyperacusis (a disorder in loudness perception)and I think it helped with the symptoms a little bit. It caused some minor issues with moodiness and also dry eye which caused me a lot of eye pain. I called my doctor and was told that the symptoms were temporary and would go away once I stopped taking the medicine. After I stopped taking the medicine, the eye pain persisted and I was told that I needed to see an eye doctor. It's been a couple of years since I stopped taking it and the hyperacusis has gotten a bit better, but I've probably spent over a thousand dollars just trying to lessen the eye pain, between eye drops, other items to help with the dry eye, and seeing 4 different eye doctors, none of who had a good answer. If you experience ANY eye pain while using this medication, STOP IMMEDIATELY, do not run the risk of permanently damaging your body.”

Nanny · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 17, 2018

For Obesity: “Horrible side effects!”