User Reviews for Klonopin

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Klonopin.

Panic Disorder

Seizure Prevention
8.4

Summary of Klonopin reviews 8.7 168 reviews

Reviews for Klonopin

For Panic Disorder "I was prescribed klonopin about 6 years ago when I had a sudden experience of "Zoloft poop out". I was on Zoloft 50mg at the time for Panic Disorder and it worked beautifully for over ten years, but just stopped. I went from a high functioning manager to a terrified mess afraid to leave the house. Got myself to a psychiatrist, she prescribed 1mg daily taken in two doses and it was a godsend. Got on another antidepressant, citalopram, which did the trick. I was able to slowly taper off the klonopin with no side effects. Recently I've been having some rebound anxiety (I'm in medical school: hello stress!) and once again I find myself utilizing klonopin. I've done a lot of work w/acupuncture, CBT, breathing but KP is the most effective."

Sunshine415 November 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I take this for Depression, Anxiety, Nervousness, Agitation, Inhibition, Lack of Motivation. SSRI's don't work well for me. Klonopin (also valium/xanax}) has been the only drug to help me to any degree. I take very little, but it has saved me from severe anxiety, and then I realized that it actually improves my depression, not 100%, but enough that it is significant, while SSRIs do not. It also calms me down so I can think better. I also recently tried l- methylfolate, and it REALLY helped me but caused a problem. If I take more than a normal dose of Klonopin, it could make me sleepy, but other than that, no side affects. And I have the option to not take it if I don't need it. I hope l-methyl folate will be even better once I figure out how to use it without a bad reaction. Don't take Klonopin if you get addicted to drugs"

TBAgs November 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I have multiples issues: trigeminal nerve pain in my face/head, and panic attacks closely related to this horrible condition that have led to a lot of very unfortunate circumstances. I have been on it before (20 years ago). I avoided since it because it's a benzo, but if I don't get treated successfully, I believe, as does my therapist, my prognosis is poor. I encourage all to try all other pathways; only if they fail should you consider klonopin. Unrelenting anxiety and panic attacks are not acceptable in my circumstances."

rjfinva (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "My wife who I dearly love recently left me (splitting up my family) at a time while my business is also failing and I'm suddenly in a position where I'm afraid I won't be able to make it financially. The depression and grief led to anxiety and eventually panic. Completely unable to function. Minutes seemed like hours. A struggle to get through each day. Only to like awake all night. At one point got a total of 4 hours of sleep over 5 days. A total wreck about to be institutionalized. Reached crisis mode and was given Klonopin - 1.5 mg/day spread over 3 doses. Anxiety/panic diminished greatly and allowed me to finally SLEEP. Progressively improving. A true life saver. Not worried about tapering later."

Klonager (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I have bi polar disorder and this calms my mania and relaxes me. It reminds me as well to just say calm :)"

nicknames October 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I was diagnosed as early as nine with GAD as the years passed it got so bad that I was put on disability at the age of 27 for a year. I had lost many jobs and relationships. I became an agoraphobic and this lasted almost 2 years. I have been seeing an amazing Dr. and he recommended Klonopin since it was longer acting. I told him I would think about it as I had been taking ativan for years and assumed it was working (while I was still trapped inside my house, panic would subside a bit in my safety zone with the ativan.) Anyways, after many sessions with my Dr and trying many medications I was diagosed with GAD, Panic Disorder with Agoriphobia. I had never even heard the term panic disorder but it fit me to a T. Nothing has worked better for me"

Gwen88 September 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Also OCD/GAD/Tourettes. I am an addict. I was a Heroin user and have been abstained for nearly 10yrs. When I went to Federal Prison they took me off a combination that a very accredited Mental Health Team put in place. When I arrived I was stable. They DC'd all meds cold turkey esp 60mg paxil and Klonopin. Months later I attempted Suicide on 3 different attempts. Swallowing 200 Tylenol, Cutting a main vein, and hanging myself which were no cry's for help. I had lost the will to live. They put me on 600 pills/ mo instead of the right drug. I developed Seizures, something I never had. After years of reaching out I accomplished the anomaly, I was put back on. I send this from the ICU with Diverticulitis which is a direct result of Anxiety."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I also have been on and off Klonopin and Xanax. I love the way xanax kicks in quick. And you can actually feel your trouble melt away and your anxiety. When it comes to what I now prefer is the klonopin, it last longer it has a long half life and it not as additive as the xanax. I became very tolerant to xanax and it became a problem because I had to take more because it wears off so fast. Klonopin doesn't do that so it really helps people that suffer with panic anxiety."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "My anxiety began with my colon becoming so tightened up and spastic that I was bent over worse than kidney stones which I've had bad also. After 1 week in a Hospital with every GI test, found that my emotions hit dead square in my stomach. Well, doctor gave me 1mg of klonopin, and it would within 30 minutes give full relief and no horrible pains!!! Also at the same time spent another week with a full nervous breakdown and have Generalized Anxiety Disorder very full blown. I take about 3 or 4mg at most a day since 2010, and can work fully and function wonderfully without all the crazy OCD, panic, freaking out. It stays in my system most the day so don't have to pop another over and over like I did xanax... This is a lifesaver!!!"

Quando62 (taken for 10 years or more) September 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder ""I serverd in the United States military and was diagnosed with a horrible panic disorder. I left 70% disability due to severe Anxiety and a crippling panic disorder with Agoraphobia . I have been on everything there is including all the REAL serious meds in my 4 psychiatric visits at the VA. Nothing worked absolutely nothing besides benzodiazepines. Klonopin in my opinion works the best out of the benzo family. Has a very long half life and will come on slower but last way longer than others like xanax or Ativan witch hit you FAST but leave fast leaving you with wanting another dose quicker witch in my opinion sucks. In conclusion Klonopin saved my life I have been on it 5 years at .5mg 3 times a day""

Collin11 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I've been diagnosed with bipolar and severe anxiety. I saw a new psychiatrist two years who prescribed Klonopin. Best thing that ever happened to me. I was taking 3mg daily. But I also take Seroquel for troubles sleeping. Together, the psychiatrist and I decided to decrease the Klonopin to 2 mg. Well the anxiety is back after 2 years. And I'm real upset. Going to see my PCP on Tuesday and calling my psych doc as well."

Debbie conti55 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Although this drug can help with panic attacks/anxiety, it is extremely dangerous and is for SHORT TIME USE ONLY. I have recently stopped taking it ( I took it 5 yrs) and have gone through the worst withdrawal, both mentally and physically. Using it long term can lead to dependence and even addiction. It also prevents you from truly living your life because you just go through the motions in a daze and do not learn valuable anxiety/depression coping skills. The moment you are without it, your world comes crashing down. I had severe physical pain (vomiting, muscle aches, fever, sleeplessness, headache) and suicidal thoughts. Use it ONLY when necessary and for a short time. Please be careful and learn about your medications before you start them."

SES1216 August 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "This drug is saving my life right now. Its a shame the people who abuse it ruin it for those of us who get relief from debilitating issues from it, because many doctors just don't want to prescribe it now. I say what's the point of having a drug if you can't use it to help people who need it."

Shatswan August 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I have been on klonopin for 17 years. I started with .50mg in the am with an SSRI. Over the years all the SSRI would work for a bit then I would have to change. The last year I lost my husband suddenly at 38 and have changed 4 of them and finally said no more.. I am currently on 10mg of lexapro and 1.50mg of klonopin. The withdrawal of lexapro and before that Effexor have been hell and back. If not for klonopin I wouldn't make it through the day. Addictive or not it works."

milerose (taken for 10 years or more) August 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Seizure Prevention "Only thing that stops my very complex seizures- tried almost everything and it never helped + terrible side effects *UNTIL* I was prescribed this since I was a teen. Easiest on my system and no side effects."

PinkyandPie August 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "This is an amazing medication for OCD and generalized anxiety. This medication has truthfully changed my life. If you are considering which benzo to take I strongly suggest this one because it does not make you feel "high" like xanax does or the weird blackouts that can come from xanax. Only thing to keep in mind is that there have been studies linking klonopin use with Alzheimer's and overall memory issues. Best of luck!"

Anonymous July 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I was told that I have Panic Disorder and Bipolar Disorder. After suffering horrible panic attacks from the withdrawals from Zoloft, I was given Klonopin to calm down. For once, everything felt normal. I was calm and collected after that. I've been on it ever since, I take every couple of days when I'm anxious along with Neurontin 300mg, 3 times a day. Definitely helps with the anxiety, I would recommend this to everyone."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Hello I have been on klonoin 0.50 and an antidepressant for 17 years it saved me from my panic attacks. A year ago I lost my husband tragicially he was only 38 and recently the antidepressants stopped working and I have just upped the klonopin to 1.5 mg to stop the attacks. I have tried 4 different antidepressants and they have done nothing but give me horrible side effects. Although klonopin is addicting it also has given me my life and help me get through the roughest time of my life."

milerose (taken for 10 years or more) June 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I've been prescribed Klonopin as needed for 7 years. I take it once or twice a week. Klonopin is phenomenal for panic attacks. It is so wonderful that many people become physically dependent &/or addicted to it. Its relief lasts longer than Xanax & it is much smoother. It does not kick in as quickly as Xanax, but you can chew it or leave it under your tongue to kick in more quickly. Extreme self-discipline is strongly recommended when taking Klonopin or any other benzo. Klonopin should only be taken as a last resort to a panic attack. It is not supposed to be taken every day, & it is not supposed to be taken to escape every anxious situation."

lovelanadelrey (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I was diagnosed with General Anxiety, Social Anxiety and panic attacks about 17 years ago. I was prescribed many different medicines, but what has worked BEST with my panic attacks and over all anxiety is Klonopin. I was prescribed 0.5 mg 3 times daily, it has been a God send. I do not go above my prescribed dosage and can take any time of day and stay right on track at work etc. I have been on this dosage for 7 years and it's made a huge difference in my quality of life. I will say that I ran out over a holiday weekend and couldn't get any more until the following Tuesday. 3 days without caused severe withdrawal symptoms, unable to sleep, watery mouth, dry heaves and clammy skin, it was awful. So don't miss dosage(s) & you'll be fine."

Bones66 June 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Klonopin isn't to be used everyday for years on end. I take it for my panic attacks, AS NEEDED!! I don't take one everyday, or every other day, I even go a week without taking it. It should depend on your anxiety, not a doctor telling u to take it daily. And my doctor agrees with this method. I've been on it for about 3-4 months now and have no issues (as long as I don't have my attacks) when I don't take it for days or weeks. Also, I take 1mg for my attacks and I only take more if my anxiety doesn't calm down! Unless you can't leave your house without freaking out.. no one should be on 3-4 mgs a day. If this is you, I'd recommend a new doctor or maybe start looking into other preventative meds or natural therapies to help so you can stop it"

Ar1997 June 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Great for anxiety. Not sure Had high enough dose. It not controlling my anxiety long enough to last till I take my scheduled dose. Taking 0.5 mg 3 x day."

Pappy76 (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Worked very well for my severe panic attacks. I've used this med as a crutch for a couple of weeks until Prozac levelled me out. My concern was the severe dependency issues that come with prolonged usage. I took it once a day in the evening for about three weeks, I felt like I was losing my sanity. Combination of Klonopin in the beginning and Prozac to level me out worked very well for me."

MattyV June 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "After suffering crippling anxiety and panic attacks in 2006, this amazing med made me myself again. Not high, not loopy, not drowsy. Just me again. I took 0.5 mg twice a day for 6 months, then tapered down and off of it with no side effects or dependency issues. Back on again in 2014 during another bad patch for three months, same dosage. On both occasions, neither Xanax nor Ativan could even make a dent in my anxiety. I am so grateful to the makers of Klonopin and to the docs who prescribed it. It literally takes my quality of life from a 2 to a 10 in times of need."

901john (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I began taking klonopin when it first came on the market in the 80's. When nothing else would even touch it, klonopin stopped my severe anxiety and panic attacks completely within the first week. Klonopin gave me my life back. I never thought I would be anxiety and panic free but I was and still am. This drug continues to be a miracle for me. I was on 4 mgs a day when my panic/anxiety was at its worst, but I am now on a low maintenance dose of 0.5mgs 2x a day. It's not for everyone, but for those who benefit from it, it's a godsend. Don't be afraid to try it. It changed my life for the better. Hands down, a miracle drug for me."

MediaGuide2 May 26, 2017