User Reviews for Klonopin

8.6

Summary of Klonopin reviews 8.6 216 reviews

Reviews for Klonopin

kat · Taken for less than 1 month August 15, 2019

For Seizure Prevention "I really liked this medication at first. No bad side effects way better than other meds I had tried but after a few weeks started too get very depressed don't know if it's worth taking"

hermit · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 7, 2019

For Panic Disorder "They help me cope with leaving the house and going places or places with a lot people and my some of my panic attacks that come out of nowhere"

Seizure control · Taken for 10 years or more August 4, 2019

For Seizure Prevention "Good seizure prevention/rescue drug,and the only benzodiazepine whose primary indication is an anticonvulsant.I ve been at 2mg three time a day for over 10 years with no problems whatsoever."

Tiredofpanic · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 16, 2019

For Panic Disorder "I’ve been on this for four years and when I try to come off it, the panic attacks are absolutely insane. I’ll probably never be able to go without it but I’m okay with that since it helps"

Tonka June 28, 2019

For Panic Disorder "I have lived with severe panic disorder since I was 17 years old and I am now 49. I could not drive could not wait in line in a store I could not go to family functions. I was always going to hospital. Klonopin saved my life I travel I enjoy my family I drive I take 1 mg a day I still have panic attack’s but I deal with it this medication gave me my life back"

Daisyjane · Taken for 10 years or more June 27, 2019

For Panic Disorder "These work so well for severe health anxiety."

Keepingitreal · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 18, 2019

For Seizure Prevention "I have been on this medication for like 8 years and it works great for me. When I start to have panic attacks or my nervous system is on overload I take 1 to 2 mgs and it instantly calms my nerves. I did have an episode where my refill was due and the pharmacy kept faxing my old doctor so due to me changing doctors I went about 6 days without it and ended up having a seizure for the first time in my life. I bit my tongue up and it really scared me. I can take up to 2 a day but I on somedays can go without. So I do when I can. I take them as prescribed. Anytime you you feel like you need more..you beat it by decreasing your in take. I refuse to have another seizure! My neurologist recommends I stay on the medication BUT I take as needed. You can fight through addiction if you are mindful about the way your body feels and just accept that some days you will not feel very good but by taking the recommended dosage is way better then nothing at all."

Sister · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 30, 2019

For Panic Disorder "My sister was prescribed this medication and within 3 months she committed suicide. I have nothing else to say other than this drug should not be in the market if it could possibly cause suicidal thoughts . No drug should."

Cyclops · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 26, 2019

For Panic Disorder "It works very well. But it made me dull and sleepy. 2mg a day on occasion isn't a problem. The half life is over a day, so if you take it a lot/are told to take it daily, it will build up. If you have these problems, try a benzo that has less active metabolites and a shorter half life. These side effects are much lower. Also, tolerance builds up over time, requiring more of the drug for the same effects. Withdraw can be terrible, and the higher the dosage, the longer the suffering lasts."

Nessa · Taken for less than 1 month April 19, 2019

For Panic Disorder "I have an anxiety disorder, finally gave in to see a Therapist, who recommended me to see a Psychiatrist. I suffer from daily anxiety attacks. I've been through multiple medications that I felt that didn't help me. She decided to try me with Klonopin 0.5. But, taking half of it in the morning, and the other half in the evening. Within the week of taking it. I started experiencing nightmares, my anxiety was a lot worse, and also felt more depressed. I felt terrible the whole time taking it. Everyone is different. Hope to find the medication that can help me with this."

Keebo · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 18, 2019

For Panic Disorder "The only medicine that really helped me for anxiety and panic attacks"

Nick · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 13, 2019

For Panic Disorder "This medication has helped me take control of my life again. I’m 21 years old and used to have a brain tumor when I was younger. I was treated for my anxiety first with Lexapro but it gave me a 30 minute seizure. It turns out I have temporal lobe epilepsy due to the tumor I had, which is now accompanied by extreme panic attacks. The seizures themselves give me a rising feeling in my stomach like on a roller coaster and then my muscles and diaphragm tighten and I can barely breathe, like I got the wind knocked out of me. This then sends me into a panic attack where I start hyperventilating because I cannot get enough air. Let’s just say this medicine has restored my life. I take 2 mg before bed every night and 90 percent of the time I am seizure and panic free. I do not get any side effects with this medicine. It helped my finally make the deans list again at school since I can function properly now. I hope this helps you as much as it has helped me."

Bebe · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 11, 2019

For Panic Disorder "I need something fast acting but my doctors scared of the addictive aspect!! I have CONSTANT panic attacks and I'm already up to 0.5 3x a day and I can't even tell I took them.. "

Erin · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 10, 2019

For Panic Disorder "I was first prescribed Ativan for panic attacks and was to take it as needed . It made me extremely depressed and suicidal and I couldn't focus . So I switched to Klonopin and in my experience it's so much better. I don't feel 'drugged up' when I'm on it . I just feel calm and have a good sense of wellbeing. Also helps with social anxiety , I'm not constantly worrying what people are thinking of me ."

Li224987 · Taken for less than 1 month February 13, 2019

For Panic Disorder "Klonopin feels like combines all the good effects of many anxiety medicine to help me and it makes me feel good about myself"

Mr. Bill February 6, 2019

For Panic Disorder "I have been using Klonopin for over 5 years and I have found it to be very effective in reducing anxiety in combination with low dose Paxil. Take 0.5 mg during the work week and none on weekends. Also take 0.5 at night to help sleep. I have not built a tolerance and find it a very useful tool in managing anxiety. My goal has been to use it sparingly but will not hesitate to take more for more dentists visits, interviews, etc.. Just know if you do you will be tired and drained afterwards. Wish I had found my right combo of meds before I quit a great job due to anxiety. Also Ativan didn't treat me very nice. Had severe withdrawal as it has a shorter half life. My quality of life has improved because of Klonopin. Oh...No weight gain either."

Davy Jones · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 29, 2019

For Panic Disorder "I have always struggled with racing thoughts 24/7, which prevented me from sleeping. Over the years I was on diazapam and it worked well. Klonopin saved my life and restored my sleep. I tried about 8 different seratonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI's) that WORSENED my symptoms. The guide on my pain medicine allows for its use if all other drugs for anxiety have been found to be ineffective. I do not drink any alcoholic beverages. Recap: Cymbalta settled out of court for brain zaps. Paxil, welbutrin, excitilopram, and Prozac cannot be taken by people experiencing worsening conditions and clonus."

Mateo · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 31, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I am 52 and was a nightly drinker to help with my anxiety for many years. Six months ago I decided to quit all alcohol. During that time I was also on a huge dose of lunesta each night. About 30 days after I stopped drinking I began having severe and ceaseless panic attacks. I thought I was going to die! I had no idea what the heck was happening. I couldn’t function at home or work. My doctor put me on Paxil which helped but not enough. So he added Clonazepam which has been amazing. I take 1 mg at night and sleep like a baby. I can take .5 mg as needed but try not to. When I don’t I have anxiety. I am reading these reviews which are extremely helpful to ascertain if this medication can be used for the rest of my life effectively. Please keep your reviews coming in. Your feedback helped me decide to use this medication which helped save my life. My wife and 3 beautiful kids thank you and Clonazepam!"

Wheebles · Taken for 10 years or more December 28, 2018

For Panic Disorder "Doc put me on Klonopin 2-3 mg/day after a brain injury. After a few years, my quality of life started falling quickly. After much reading, I found that Klonopin was causing the anxiety due to tolerance withdrawals, caused by increasing tolerance with no dose escalation. I was ripped off of the medication and barely survived. Six months of severe withdrawals: didn't sleep, could barely eat, muscles so stiff that walking was difficult, severe tinnitus, etc., etc.. DO NOT take this medication for more than a few days or you are risking one of the most severe addictions known to man."

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 25, 2018

For Panic Disorder "Took this as directed for an issue post partum. I did not experience negative side affects. No withdrawal, no cravings, none of the above. It did help me while I waited for my Paxil to kick in fully. I now use it very occasionally at a low dose if needed for anxiety. Do not let the reviews on here scare you. Even after having a baby and experiencing many issues post partum, this drug has not given me problems or addiction of any kind. It is worth a try, but must be taken exactly as prescribed."

blue-sky · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 24, 2018

"Started taking Klonopin to wean off Benzo's. Works great. Zero side effects except for the Solco brand. Horrible brand that I cannot tolerate. Otherwise Klonopin works great."

farfetched November 30, 2018

"I was using zepam sometimes and a different brand of diazepam while in Cambodia. I didn't even realise how much my life was restricted with anxiety until I tried these. It changed my life. Amazingly, I find that I get up early and get so much done every day. Socialising is easy now. Obviously you have to be careful with any benzo and addiction. A few 1 stars from people saying it ruined their lives is due to poor prescribing and control by Doctors. I found 4 days on 3 days off sufficient to keep tolerance down. I would have half a pill twice a day, and got no side effects whatsoever. "

Blink182 · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 15, 2018

"My doctor prescribed it for helping me with depression (although I don't suffer from anxiety crisis) and it did relieve my symptoms. I can now go out with my friends and I could return to college. Klonopin saved my life."

Blue · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 22, 2018

For Panic Disorder "This drug saved my life. After suffering from severe mood swings and anxiety my whole life, this drug has made me feel normal again. I take 1 mg twice a day. It has allowed me to function in society and hold down a great job. I’ve been taking it for about a year now and couldn’t be happier. I had been on Xanax previously and had constantly been needing higher and higher doses until it just didn’t work anymore and my anxiety sky rocketed. I can’t recommend this higher to anyone with anxiety"

Lizzie October 10, 2018

"On Clonopin for past 15 years. Zoloft made my anxiety and fear worse and it was very hard to taper off it. I experienced brain zaps extreme dizziness, and feeling like I may throw up at any second. Did not have these problems with Clonopin, there was time when I needed 2 to 3 mg. Every day for several months and when I decided I don't need that much anymore I slowly tapered off. Today I still need to taken but only 0.5 and once in a while. So far didn't notice any side effects."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)