User Reviews for Klonopin

Learn more about Klonopin.

Panic Disorder 121 reviews 19 medications

Periodic Limb Movement Disorder 11 reviews 13 medications

8.1
Summary of Klonopin reviews 490 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Klonopin

For Anxiety "For me this worked like a miracle drug but be cautious because overuse can be hazardous if you have any fear simply take small breaks between and dont build up a tolerance if used properly I believe it can completely eradicate anxiety even if only temporarily"

Raoul Duke Darko January 11, 2017

For Anxiety "I had been on Zoloft for about a year or so which helped manage my anxiety, but didn't help when it came to a very stressful day or event that led to side effects like racing heart, labored breathing, sweating, stomach ulcers, etc. I needed something that I could take immediately to stave an anxiety attack off. My doctor prescribed Klonopin and I'm so grateful for it. For me, it doesn't make me tired, lethargic, or dull me down. I was afraid of a medication that would just sedate me. This drug takes the edge off and makes me feel good enough to continue with my day. I haven't had any side effects."

LauraHayden December 19, 2016

For Seizure Prevention "Suppresses all stress on my nerves I sleep all night without any interruptions. If you have to wake up early in the morning, take it early night hours. I've been seizure free for 8 years since I've been taking clobazepam"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) December 19, 2016

For Anxiety "I've taken so many different meds and this one is the only one that's ever worked for preventing panic attacks from anxiety. Which happen often because I have social anxiety and phobias. I never developed a dependency even after stopping it for a few years when I quit taking my mood stabilizer as well."

MeliRz December 13, 2016

For Anxiety "I was prescribed .5mg to be taken 2 times daily for anxiety. At first I would only take a single .5mg dose every once in a while if I had an anxiety issue, which seemed to help a bit. Well, last week I was anxious most of the week so I decided to take a single, .5mg dose once a day for 4 days straight. Boy was that a bad idea!!! 2 days after stopping, my anxiety symptoms skyrocketed multiple times worse than before I even started the medicine. I had severe withdrawal symptoms for over a week after and didn't know a dependence could be gained in such a short period of time. My psychiatrist even said it was nearly impossible for that short a period at that dose. I won't continue this medication. Beware!"

Mitchell1980 November 16, 2016

For Anxiety "Stay away from this nightmare drug it can in most likely cause depression and more it's dangerous i had withdrawals for months horrible......."

laurahope November 7, 2016

For Anxiety "I have used Klonopin over the years for anxiety and I've been looking in the internet saying it's so hard to get off of I've never had a problem I used to take 3 milligrams a day on and off for years and then when I quit I just quit I've never had a problem I don't understand where the problem lies with this drug because I've never had a problem coming off has anybody else had problems"

no problems November 4, 2016

For Anxiety "I've been dealing with Anxiety for about five years it really started , in my late 20s I'm 32 now I've been on Zoloft and Xanax and to me I didn't feel that it was working for me I was still having attacks and no matter what I did I couldn't no longer control it , I went to my Dr and was diagnosed with Agnorphobia and I was surprised because at the time I felt like I was outgoing I had no problem with crowds lived going out and such ,I couldn't even enjoy a simple walk in the park , I felt like my life was changing and I was becoming this person I'm not but in the same sense losing a bit of myself , so I didn't talk to nobody . I felt no one would understand.Little by little I'm starting to get my life back. This works trust me . It's be ok"

Lilyflores180 October 20, 2016

For Anxiety "Have been prescribed a plethora of anti-depressants and non-benzodiazepine anti-anxiety meds; all accompanied by horrendous, long lasting side effects. Had a bad experience with a psychiatrist & also held a negative attitude toward being dependent on medication, therefore decided to be anti-medicated for several (miserable) years. Eventually came to terms with the fact that I can not properly function in society without medication. It took awhile, but I have finally found a great combination of meds, including .5 mg of Clonazepam. Anxiety is better managed. Happy to no longer be missing out because of anxiety. Would recommend a low dose (prescribed by a doctor, of course) to someone that has tried multiple anxiety medications with no avail."

Alexis J. October 14, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I started having panic attacks at age 26, I'm now 56. Those were the worst things a person could go thru. My first shrink in 86 put me on Haldol. Oh my God, that was horrible. I was on different medications until 1994 when I got on klonopin. That pill is a miracle drug. I don't have to take it everyday anymore but I always carry it with me in my purse just in case. I do take other meds for depression and they also help but nothing like klonopin. Because I hear it can contribute to Alzheimer's I try not to take it daily. That's all I need ontop of my other mental problems. I would advise anyone to take klonopin for major panic attacks but try not to take a lot of it for long periods. Maybe in conjunction with something else u can take less."

Happily ever after.. September 14, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I checked myself into a mental hospital in 2011 and was put on this three times a day. I was eventually cut down to as needed and it's still wonderful. Kpin (as I call it) curbs the panicky feelings within minutes and I sleep so well that it's sometimes hard to get out of bed in the morning! Thank you, Roche--your little yellow pill is fantastic!"

Novelista (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 5, 2016

For Anxiety "I have tried every medication under the sun for anxiety! I was born anxious I have always said. My doctor put me on Klonopin as more of a long term anxiety medication in her mind. It was such a miracle for me. I was prescribed 1mg x 2 at night, if needed for anxiety and Insomnia, at the time of my divorce. I found I was able to wake up the next day without feeling groggy if I had taken it the night before. When the panic and anxiety set in, it allowed me to calm down and get through the hardest moments. I only take it once in a while these days, but it truly helped me."

GlitterAnxietyWater (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 1, 2016

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Several years ago my life long difficulties with startles escalated to classic hyperekplexia. After some research, my suggestions to both a geriatric psychiatrist and movement disorder specialist agreed to try Klonopin ... .5 mg twice/day. Worked fine to decrease intensity and frequency of "attacks." I also have dystonia and as the cervical "storms" increased, they increased Klonopin to .5 three times a day. Helped some but does not extinguish the disorders ... nothing will. One just has to avoid the "triggers," if possible."

GMJ August 29, 2016

For Anxiety "I'm suffering from OCD and anxiety disorders for the last 22 years. This pill is the only one who helps. Only 0.5 mg and you immediately feel the difference."

rypz79 (taken for 10 years or more) August 25, 2016

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "Horrible side effects."

PostmodenistCupie (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2016

For Anxiety "I am on a maintenance dose of 1 mg 3 times a day along with a different Xanax .5 if I am having a panic attack. I'm agoraphobic and suffer from anxiety because of multiple reasons. I find klonopin is a amazing medication that helps tremendously. I wouldn't have the life I have today."

AmazingMeg (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 13, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I had my ovaries removed (out-patient) 5 years ago at age 41. Next day (never fell asleep) I had paralyzing fear, but had no idea why. My husband took me to the ER where my heart rate was 173! I was in the hospital for a week; 3 days no sleep. I was given Klonopin; it was AMAZING! I had been admitted for my first ever panic attack! After leaving the hospital I continued having insomnia and panic attacks. My GP now prescribes 0.5 mg as needed. I have a bottle in my purse and by my bed. I only take HALF a pill, ONLY WHEN NEEDED; and RARELY do I take the other half 30 min later. Just knowing I have a med that works on hand reduced # of attacks. When used RESPONSIBLY, Klonopin is a LIFESAVER! Never take more of any med than you actually need!"

admichelle (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 31, 2016

For Anxiety "There are various manufacturer of clonazepam. I always made sure to stay with the same manufacturer. However, a week into taking the pills from my new prescription I started to feel very ill. I still had several pills from my previous refill because I only required 1/2 of the 0.5 mg. It was prescribed for me for chronic neck pain. The manufacturer changed the ingredients and now I have been suffering for months to find a replacement to no avail. It's been working well for years but right now the horrible effects I'm getting I don't think I'd recommended to any one. Please try every option before having to suffer the consequences in the long run."

Margaritar July 31, 2016

For Panic Disorder "Hi my name's Matt and I would like to share with you my experience of Klonopin 6 years ago I went through what I think was a dramatic life-changing event for me me and my wife work separating for good and everything started falling apart I started to lose weight get out of breath fast then one day I started to have bad thoughts thoughts to hurt myself others even my own family I spent many sleepless nights on the couch for two months I stayed there wanting to die waiting to die then finally one day I got up and went to see a psychiatrist I explained to him he put me on Klonopin after a few yrs I noticed I started having short term memory loss I am currently weaning myself off but it's very hard anyone else experience this"

Matt1987 July 23, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I have been suffering from panic attacks since 2008. One day I was just chatting on the phone with a friend when out of nowhere I felt like there was an elephant sit on my chest, meaning to say that i was experiencing chest tightness. Then I started breathing faster and I didn't know then what I know now, that that fast breathing is called hyperventilation. Then that symptom led to my heart beat going faster and then that led to me feeling like i was losing control and I had to have a friend take me to the ER which was down the street but it felt like it took me hours to get there. Time really slows down during these attacks, and life just seems so unbearable. Anyway, doc put me on .05mg Klonopin in 2008 and it has worked wonders since."

PokemonPlayTime July 20, 2016

For Anxiety "I am a middle aged man, who has had anxiety my whole life. In addition, I have a very stressful job. About three years ago, my wife convinced me to see a doctor. I had never taken any sort of anti-anxiety medication previously. The doctor prescribed Klonopin, but was very adamant about taking it only as needed. The prescription says 1mg, twice a day. But I only take, on average, two pills a week, when I'm really stressed. As many people here have said, it started out great, then faded with time. Although it definitely helps; it's not pleasant. It's almost as if it makes me so sleepy, I'm too tired to be stressed. Two years ago, I would have given it a 9. I still recommend it. Other than sleepiness, I have no other adverse effects."

bulldog1415 July 10, 2016

For Anxiety "A+. Couldn't function without it. Takes away that tense feeling in my brain. I don't have panic attacks, but I deal with a lot of anxiety that brings on severe irritability. Just one 5mg pill in the morning and one when I get home from work, and I'm free from all that. I can live a normal life and not let my anxiety ruin my relationships, work, etc. Lasts longer than xanax and more effective in my opinion,"

IrishHillbilly (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 8, 2016

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I have 0 panic attacks when I'm on this medication"

12333 July 7, 2016

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I am a 16 year old girl who has suffered with extreme anxiety and severe depression since I was 9. The reason why I was so depressed was mainly because I was mildly depressed so they put me on cymbalta and I suffered from the "black box warning" in which adolescents and teens can experience suicidal thoughts and actions. that really messed me up. I'd have panic attacks where I was convinced I wanted to, and I'd puke and shake and stuff. it still happens but when it does my parents give me 0.25mg (I'm very very lightweight so they don't want a lot in my system) and it seems I work alright. I'd like to take it everyday but my parents are so hesitant to give it to me."

Macyyyy June 29, 2016

For Seizure Prevention "This medicine made me confused, slur my words, exhausted. I was basically living in a fog for over five years. No amount of sleep helped, I needed to take a nap every day and would still be tired when I woke up. I had difficulty thinking, repeated sentences, had anxiety attacks. This medication is only suppose to be given for a maximum of 2 weeks. It's highly addictive and the user develops a high tolerance. Long-term usage can result in brain damage and benzos are the most overly prescribed drug in the world. Withdrawal was horrible, but worth it! I got my life back after getting off of it and I don't have anxiety or seizures, changed my lifestyle, diet and exercise."

Vest04 (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 22, 2016