User Reviews for Klonopin

Seizure Prevention
8.6

Summary of Klonopin reviews 8.7 196 reviews

Reviews for Klonopin

"I was using zepam sometimes and a different brand of diazepam while in Cambodia. I didn't even realise how much my life was restricted with anxiety until I tried these. It changed my life. Amazingly, I find that I get up early and get so much done every day. Socialising is easy now. Obviously you have to be careful with any benzo and addiction. A few 1 stars from people saying it ruined their lives is due to poor prescribing and control by Doctors. I found 4 days on 3 days off sufficient to keep tolerance down. I would have half a pill twice a day, and got no side effects whatsoever. "

farfetched November 30, 2018

"My doctor prescribed it for helping me with depression (although I don't suffer from anxiety crisis) and it did relieve my symptoms. I can now go out with my friends and I could return to college. Klonopin saved my life."

Blink182 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2018

For Panic Disorder "This drug saved my life. After suffering from severe mood swings and anxiety my whole life, this drug has made me feel normal again. I take 1 mg twice a day. It has allowed me to function in society and hold down a great job. I’ve been taking it for about a year now and couldn’t be happier. I had been on Xanax previously and had constantly been needing higher and higher doses until it just didn’t work anymore and my anxiety sky rocketed. I can’t recommend this higher to anyone with anxiety"

Blue (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 22, 2018

"On Clonopin for past 15 years. Zoloft made my anxiety and fear worse and it was very hard to taper off it. I experienced brain zaps extreme dizziness, and feeling like I may throw up at any second. Did not have these problems with Clonopin, there was time when I needed 2 to 3 mg. Every day for several months and when I decided I don't need that much anymore I slowly tapered off. Today I still need to taken but only 0.5 and once in a while. So far didn't notice any side effects."

Lizzie October 10, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I started on klonopin 5 years ago when I was experiencing uncontrollable panic attacks that nearly cost me my job. Prior to that I was taking xanax. Xanax works great short term (but is clearly addictive and many people are prone to abuse it). I explained my concerns to my doctor and was prescribed 1 mg of klonopin three times a day which worked wonders but decided to taper down over the past six months. I was able to get down to 1 mg once a day with any problems but it's really tough to get lower than that without experiencing significant withdraw. People are correct in stating that it is very difficult to get off of completely but like all meds, you have to weigh the pros and cons. I haven't noticed any side effects thus far nor have I felt the need to increase my initial prescribed dose (actual decreased). If panic and anxiety are ruining your life, the downsides of klonopin are vastly out weighted by the benefits it provides. Life is too short to live with unnecessary anxiety."

Morty October 9, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I took this pill years ago and weaned myself off it slow and steady it took me a couple of months there was no problem. I've been anxiety free for years. Now I find myself having anxiety and panic attacks again and I am back on Klonopin and couldn't be happier."

srichey (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 3, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I was prescribed this for panic attacks and anxiety. No matter the dose I took, it didn't help my anxiety but instead would make me incredibly tired. It took like 2 hours to kick in for me, and the first time I took it I nearly fell asleep while driving. I didn't like this medication because it didn't help me at all, but I did occasionally use it to help me sleep."

bubbly (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 2, 2018

For Panic Disorder "This drug is responsible for ruining many lives. It should be a highly illegal substance considering how it permanent damages your brain. You will think it is sent from heaven initially, only to be plunged into an unimaginable depths once you reach tolerance and have to wean off this poison. I've had protracted withdrawal symptoms for nearly 4 years after stopping this drug. I would give anything and everything to just have my original anxiety back. People have died from this drug and many more have their lives ruined beyond repair. Check on the internet benzo injuries to see for yourself. The biggest mistake of my life was trusting my doctor that this pill was safe."

Pharma unjured (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I take 0.5 mg of klonopin twice daily for about 2 months now for severe anxiety and panic attacks. I am just wondering if I am addicted??"

neversummer1971 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I was recently switched from Ativan to Klonopin as I had developed a tolerance to my moderate dosage of Ativan. 3 days of insomnia, SEVERE panic attacks and disassociation. I literally haven’t slept in 3 days and was having disturbing thoughts at 4am this morning. Was on the phone to mental health services for 2 hours this morning and they said I needed to get off it NOW. Had to beg doctor to switch me back to a higher dose of Ativan. Immediately felt better."

dulciejune (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2018

For Seizure Prevention "I've been on 2mg 3 times daily for the last 10 years for seizures and haven't had any problems with the drug. I've let myself run out in the past a few times and the withdrawal is mild compared to powerful narcotic analgesics such as Oxycontin or methadone."

Ron (taken for 10 years or more) August 21, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I'm a 20 yr old female who has randomly developed extreme anxiety. So bad to the point I wanted to take my own life. Nothing triggers me it just happens out of no where. I went to the doctor and he prescribed 50mg zoloft and 0.5mg of klonopin. Zoloft has not helped me at all and my heart rate at rest is now usually 130. Horrible medicine and am looking to get it switched. However, I finally got the courage to take a klonopin because I was terrified of how it would make me feel. After suffering for 3 months I took one. For the first time I feel like I can breath, my mind isn't racing, and I can focus. Did not make me feel high at all, just made me feel normal again. I'm mad at myself that I didn't try it sooner out of fear. Finally finding relieve..brings me to tears, happy tears. Will be going to doctor this week and requesting to get switched from zoloft. In the mean time I am thnakful for klonopin giving me peace."

Veronica93 August 11, 2018

For Panic Disorder "Klonopin is very effective with my anxiety disorder. However, stay away from it. You will be addicted before you know and will seek more and more. If you don't have it, you feel like you are in hell. Withdrawal symptoms are horrible and you lose control of everything. You will get rebound anxiety which is worse than your original anxiety. This is so bad that you cannot function without it. Therefore, you have to continue using it to avoid the withdrawal symptoms because they are so awful. Please, if you doctor prescribed this drug, refuse it and take a nonbenzo drug. You will rue the day you ever started using it. I am out of medicine now and am just terrible shape that I cannot sleep. Yes, it is very effective at treating your disorder but it has got to be the worst drug to come off of. I was in rehab and even the heroin abusers didn't have as bad withdrawal than I did. Yes, run away from this drug. It will help you but eventually destroy you."

Mouse (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 4, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I’ve been on Ritalin, adderall, the big 4 anxiety meds, Xanax, buspar, hydroxizine, and the only thing that has helped my panic which lasts all day and ruins my quality of life has been the klonopin. I have health anxiety for some reason. I partied a lot in my early 20s now every ache and pain is cancer or whatever my brain decides to come up with leaving me shaking in the bed. Yes the w/d will suck but for now I can at least live my life."

Oranges (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I started taking this medication due to having all sorts of problems with anxiety. I had agoraphobia, panic attacks, and the whole bit. I began taking this medication and it was a lifesaver for me. I use this medication responsibly, but even though I use it exactly as prescribed there’s always this doctor who comes along who wants to take me off of it and have me take 3,600mg of Gabapentin instead and put me to sleep. For some reason Klonopin doesn’t put me to sleep but it does calm all the anxiety making life livable... Always trust your doctor, but you are always the best decider on what works for you."

Hopscotch (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 6, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I took Klonopin from 2011-2016. I only stopped it because my doctor at that time thought I should try something non-benzo related for my chronic anxiety. I’ve tried Gabapentin, numerous antidepressants, and eventually Ativan without much relief. It’s been just a few weeks since Klonopin has been back into my life, and I am no longer pulling out my hair or feeling heart palpitations in front of large crowds, and I’m even STARTING conversations with strangers. No more panic attacks at all!! Something I haven’t done in years!! I understand that meds like Klonopin should be used as a last resort because of how addictive they can be, but I feel like Klonopin has saved my life and saved my job. So happy to have you back in my life."

WorryWart69 (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2018

For Panic Disorder "does the job for anxiety and panic"

sal (taken for 10 years or more) June 14, 2018

For Panic Disorder "Klonopin 1mg taken 3x daily has made a major difference in my overall anxiety disorder plus panic attacks. I was not helped by a lower dose than this. I take it in combo with 800 mgs gabapentin 3x daily plus lamictal, ambien for sleep and a thyroid medication and we finally seem to be getting my bipolar disorder under control. SSRIs and SNRIs made my anxiety and panic worse. Word of warning: do NOT quit Klonopin cold turkey or allow yourself to run out of the medication or within one day you will feel you’ve fallen into a pit of darkness. This drug does create dependency and would require medical supervision to slowly taper off as needed. However for me, taking it on a schedule 3x daily has changed my life immensely for the better."

CBA (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 29, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I used to use Xanax for my anxiety attacks, but just recently was reintroduced to Klonopin. Xanax is definitely addictive and at one time I was addicted to it, but Klonopin is a safer medication and I have yet to notice any addiction to it. It works wonders for my seizures and my crippling panic attacks. How could I be such a fool as to forget the one medication that worked wonders and wasn't as dangerous as it's cousin?"

Ed (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 24, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I'm a 22-year-old male and suffer from severe anxiety. I had a seizure last month, was hospitalized, and was given Klonopin for it. The Klonopin helped my anxiety so much that I asked my doctor to switch medications (I was on Xanax 0.5 mg six times a day) and he put me on Klonopin 1 mg three times a day. The Xanax helped but wore off way too quickly. The Klonopin, however, has been AMAZING! It diminishes all traces of anxiety, relaxes my muscles, lifts my mood, and helps me feel "normal". Plus it lasts all day! I can finally be social again, sleep better at night, focus a lot better, and not have to worry about my anxiety. I finally feel like I'M in control of it. I'm much calmer in general and I love It. Klonopin definitely gave me my life back."

RelaxedMax (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I was prescribed Klonopin 0.5mg as needed for panic attacks. This medication definitely works. I experienced no unusual side effects. The only side effect I felt was mild tiredness. Every time I take it it usually lasts about 8-12 hours of full effect. It takes about 45 minutes to start working after taking it. When I take this medication I feel very relaxed and peaceful. It gets rid of a panic attack, nausea due to anxiety, and jitteriness from anxiety."

Photographylover (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2018

For Seizure Prevention "I have been taking Klonopin for seizures and anxiety. I have been on it awhile now. I found it effective for me. I'm getting taken off of it soon "cold turkey".. what should I do?"

Amber (taken for 10 years or more) April 24, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I was recently prescribed this for high anxiety & stress. Couldn't sleep thru the night without waking up 5x or more. Crying every day and Zoloft 75mg was working for depression but not anxiety. Had to take my mom off life support at her age of 65 and I was 26 and 5 months pregnant with my daughter. Not 2 years later my dad died of a broken heart and I actually nursed him to his death at my age of 28 in my home and watched him die. He was 65 when he passed. Have had PTSD and anxiety ever since. Cry and hyperventilate when something triggers me. This medicine let's me sleep thru the night and no "hangover" or drowsiness effect in the morning. I wake up with a sense of calm. So far it is doing it's job."

Lydia (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2018

For Panic Disorder "The biggest mistake of my life. I thought Klonopin was an actual godsend the first time I had taken it, one of the first times in my life I wasn’t an anxious and neurotic mess. But 15 years of doctors throwing them at me like candy so I didn’t have to actually face my anxieties and medicate them instead has left me in taper hell. This isn’t the medications fault, it worked as intended. The problem was lack of knowledge from doctors and myself for medicating the problem without facing it. Sometimes that is only how some people can function and I’m sure I’m one of them, though after 6 months all of these miracle drugs are moot due to tolerance. You’ll need more and more until you’re just poisoning yourself. My suggestion is to be very careful with these and try to find knowledgeable doctors to help you with them."

BenzosAreEvil (taken for 10 years or more) April 16, 2018

For Seizure Prevention "I have a seizure disorder that isn't epilepsy. I had an incidence where I had seizures back to back for days and was sent to multiple hospitals to try to help me. When I finally came out of them, I was on klonopin and keppra. Keppra alone wouldn't stop them from happening again is what I was told by medical. I also read about klonopin and know that it is prescribed for preventing seizures and happens to be good at stopping seizures that happen quickly back to back, or whatever it was that was going on specifically with me. I am glad something worked. I have never had anything so rough and weird happen to me. I love klonopin bc I also have anxiety and insomnia, both things that klonopin helps and eases as well, which also could be triggers for seizures, or symptoms of."

dj1purity (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 8, 2018