User Reviews for Klonopin

Seizure Prevention
8.6

Summary of Klonopin reviews 8.7 188 reviews

Reviews for Klonopin

For Panic Disorder "I'm a 20 yr old female who has randomly developed extreme anxiety. So bad to the point I wanted to take my own life. Nothing triggers me it just happens out of no where. I went to the doctor and he prescribed 50mg zoloft and 0.5mg of klonopin. Zoloft has not helped me at all and my heart rate at rest is now usually 130. Horrible medicine and am looking to get it switched. However, I finally got the courage to take a klonopin because I was terrified of how it would make me feel. After suffering for 3 months I took one. For the first time I feel like I can breath, my mind isn't racing, and I can focus. Did not make me feel high at all, just made me feel normal again. I'm mad at myself that I didn't try it sooner out of fear. Finally finding relieve..brings me to tears, happy tears. Will be going to doctor this week and requesting to get switched from zoloft. In the mean time I am thnakful for klonopin giving me peace."

Veronica93 August 11, 2018

For Panic Disorder "Klonopin is very effective with my anxiety disorder. However, stay away from it. You will be addicted before you know and will seek more and more. If you don't have it, you feel like you are in hell. Withdrawal symptoms are horrible and you lose control of everything. You will get rebound anxiety which is worse than your original anxiety. This is so bad that you cannot function without it. Therefore, you have to continue using it to avoid the withdrawal symptoms because they are so awful. Please, if you doctor prescribed this drug, refuse it and take a nonbenzo drug. You will rue the day you ever started using it. I am out of medicine now and am just terrible shape that I cannot sleep. Yes, it is very effective at treating your disorder but it has got to be the worst drug to come off of. I was in rehab and even the heroin abusers didn't have as bad withdrawal than I did. Yes, run away from this drug. It will help you but eventually destroy you."

Mouse (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 4, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I’ve been on Ritalin, adderall, the big 4 anxiety meds, Xanax, buspar, hydroxizine, and the only thing that has helped my panic which lasts all day and ruins my quality of life has been the klonopin. I have health anxiety for some reason. I partied a lot in my early 20s now every ache and pain is cancer or whatever my brain decides to come up with leaving me shaking in the bed. Yes the w/d will suck but for now I can at least live my life."

Oranges (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I started taking this medication due to having all sorts of problems with anxiety. I had agoraphobia, panic attacks, and the whole bit. I began taking this medication and it was a lifesaver for me. I use this medication responsibly, but even though I use it exactly as prescribed there’s always this doctor who comes along who wants to take me off of it and have me take 3,600mg of Gabapentin instead and put me to sleep. For some reason Klonopin doesn’t put me to sleep but it does calm all the anxiety making life livable... Always trust your doctor, but you are always the best decider on what works for you."

Hopscotch (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 6, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I took Klonopin from 2011-2016. I only stopped it because my doctor at that time thought I should try something non-benzo related for my chronic anxiety. I’ve tried Gabapentin, numerous antidepressants, and eventually Ativan without much relief. It’s been just a few weeks since Klonopin has been back into my life, and I am no longer pulling out my hair or feeling heart palpitations in front of large crowds, and I’m even STARTING conversations with strangers. No more panic attacks at all!! Something I haven’t done in years!! I understand that meds like Klonopin should be used as a last resort because of how addictive they can be, but I feel like Klonopin has saved my life and saved my job. So happy to have you back in my life."

WorryWart69 (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2018

For Panic Disorder "does the job for anxiety and panic"

sal (taken for 10 years or more) June 14, 2018

For Panic Disorder "Klonopin 1mg taken 3x daily has made a major difference in my overall anxiety disorder plus panic attacks. I was not helped by a lower dose than this. I take it in combo with 800 mgs gabapentin 3x daily plus lamictal, ambien for sleep and a thyroid medication and we finally seem to be getting my bipolar disorder under control. SSRIs and SNRIs made my anxiety and panic worse. Word of warning: do NOT quit Klonopin cold turkey or allow yourself to run out of the medication or within one day you will feel you’ve fallen into a pit of darkness. This drug does create dependency and would require medical supervision to slowly taper off as needed. However for me, taking it on a schedule 3x daily has changed my life immensely for the better."

CBA (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 29, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I used to use Xanax for my anxiety attacks, but just recently was reintroduced to Klonopin. Xanax is definitely addictive and at one time I was addicted to it, but Klonopin is a safer medication and I have yet to notice any addiction to it. It works wonders for my seizures and my crippling panic attacks. How could I be such a fool as to forget the one medication that worked wonders and wasn't as dangerous as it's cousin?"

Ed (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 24, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I'm a 22-year-old male and suffer from severe anxiety. I had a seizure last month, was hospitalized, and was given Klonopin for it. The Klonopin helped my anxiety so much that I asked my doctor to switch medications (I was on Xanax 0.5 mg six times a day) and he put me on Klonopin 1 mg three times a day. The Xanax helped but wore off way too quickly. The Klonopin, however, has been AMAZING! It diminishes all traces of anxiety, relaxes my muscles, lifts my mood, and helps me feel "normal". Plus it lasts all day! I can finally be social again, sleep better at night, focus a lot better, and not have to worry about my anxiety. I finally feel like I'M in control of it. I'm much calmer in general and I love It. Klonopin definitely gave me my life back."

RelaxedMax (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I was prescribed Klonopin 0.5mg as needed for panic attacks. This medication definitely works. I experienced no unusual side effects. The only side effect I felt was mild tiredness. Every time I take it it usually lasts about 8-12 hours of full effect. It takes about 45 minutes to start working after taking it. When I take this medication I feel very relaxed and peaceful. It gets rid of a panic attack, nausea due to anxiety, and jitteriness from anxiety."

Photographylover (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2018

For Seizure Prevention "I have been taking Klonopin for seizures and anxiety. I have been on it awhile now. I found it effective for me. I'm getting taken off of it soon "cold turkey".. what should I do?"

Amber (taken for 10 years or more) April 24, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I was recently prescribed this for high anxiety & stress. Couldn't sleep thru the night without waking up 5x or more. Crying every day and Zoloft 75mg was working for depression but not anxiety. Had to take my mom off life support at her age of 65 and I was 26 and 5 months pregnant with my daughter. Not 2 years later my dad died of a broken heart and I actually nursed him to his death at my age of 28 in my home and watched him die. He was 65 when he passed. Have had PTSD and anxiety ever since. Cry and hyperventilate when something triggers me. This medicine let's me sleep thru the night and no "hangover" or drowsiness effect in the morning. I wake up with a sense of calm. So far it is doing it's job."

Lydia (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2018

For Panic Disorder "The biggest mistake of my life. I thought Klonopin was an actual godsend the first time I had taken it, one of the first times in my life I wasn’t an anxious and neurotic mess. But 15 years of doctors throwing them at me like candy so I didn’t have to actually face my anxieties and medicate them instead has left me in taper hell. This isn’t the medications fault, it worked as intended. The problem was lack of knowledge from doctors and myself for medicating the problem without facing it. Sometimes that is only how some people can function and I’m sure I’m one of them, though after 6 months all of these miracle drugs are moot due to tolerance. You’ll need more and more until you’re just poisoning yourself. My suggestion is to be very careful with these and try to find knowledgeable doctors to help you with them."

BenzosAreEvil (taken for 10 years or more) April 16, 2018

For Seizure Prevention "I have a seizure disorder that isn't epilepsy. I had an incidence where I had seizures back to back for days and was sent to multiple hospitals to try to help me. When I finally came out of them, I was on klonopin and keppra. Keppra alone wouldn't stop them from happening again is what I was told by medical. I also read about klonopin and know that it is prescribed for preventing seizures and happens to be good at stopping seizures that happen quickly back to back, or whatever it was that was going on specifically with me. I am glad something worked. I have never had anything so rough and weird happen to me. I love klonopin bc I also have anxiety and insomnia, both things that klonopin helps and eases as well, which also could be triggers for seizures, or symptoms of."

dj1purity (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 8, 2018

For Panic Disorder "To best help combat my Anxiety, my psychiatrist & I had both been in agreement that prescription benzodiazepines were my best option currently, so I primarily get prescribed (Klonopin 2mg Tabs, Qty- 90, three times daily or as needed) once a month for the last 7+ years, while taking a ‘break or switch to a similar medication’ such as Xanax or Ativan."

TobiasHardness89 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 25, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I take 0.5mg of Klonopin as needed for anxiety. I try not to take it all the time because I know it can be addictive. For me it does lessen my anxiety but it’s very minimal. Although, it has worked better for me than Atvian, Hydroxyzine, Zoloft, etc. I think if it’s paired with something else then I would find it more beneficial."

Zyna6 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 23, 2018

For Seizure Prevention "This medication is helping me through several PTSD moment, it also helps me at night time to sleep, it keeps me calm, and keeps me from having seizures. It's a great. Some people put down benzos just for the fact that they're benzos - they don't realize the amount of how much it helps some people"

Dblink January 21, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I started taking 0.5 mgs ending up at 3 mgs daily for panic disorder. I used klonopin & SSRI over the years. They worked for a time but then stopped, only klonopin helped panic. Eventually I felt rebound symptoms of panic and paranoia the longer I was on it, along with memory problems. Still recovering my life after a month off of it and memories come back daily. Followed all directions; never abused it. Thought klonopin was the best for 18 yrs. Now have to start my life again. Daily use is a risk over a long period of time. If a doctor tries this be your best advocate and question!"

jennablurr75 (taken for 10 years or more) January 21, 2018

For Panic Disorder "It works on panic at fairly low doses. I’ve tried most of the benzodiazepines and found clonazepam works best for me. Xanax and Ativan work faster, Valium and Tranxene work longer, but in terms of warding off panic with minimal problems, while maintaining a minimal dose Klonopin has been my favorite."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 27, 2017

For Panic Disorder "This medication has completely destroyed my life. If you have anxiety find another way to deal with it. It's not worth it trust me."

nobenzos (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2017

For Panic Disorder "I was prescribed klonopin about 6 years ago when I had a sudden experience of "Zoloft poop out". I was on Zoloft 50mg at the time for Panic Disorder and it worked beautifully for over ten years, but just stopped. I went from a high functioning manager to a terrified mess afraid to leave the house. Got myself to a psychiatrist, she prescribed 1mg daily taken in two doses and it was a godsend. Got on another antidepressant, citalopram, which did the trick. I was able to slowly taper off the klonopin with no side effects. Recently I've been having some rebound anxiety (I'm in medical school: hello stress!) and once again I find myself utilizing klonopin. I've done a lot of work w/acupuncture, CBT, breathing but KP is the most effective."

Sunshine415 November 19, 2017

For Panic Disorder "I take this for Depression, Anxiety, Nervousness, Agitation, Inhibition, Lack of Motivation. SSRI's don't work well for me. Klonopin (also valium/xanax}) has been the only drug to help me to any degree. I take very little, but it has saved me from severe anxiety, and then I realized that it actually improves my depression, not 100%, but enough that it is significant, while SSRIs do not. It also calms me down so I can think better. I also recently tried l- methylfolate, and it REALLY helped me but caused a problem. If I take more than a normal dose of Klonopin, it could make me sleepy, but other than that, no side affects. And I have the option to not take it if I don't need it. I hope l-methyl folate will be even better once I figure out how to use it without a bad reaction. Don't take Klonopin if you get addicted to drugs"

TBAgs November 18, 2017

For Panic Disorder "I have multiples issues: trigeminal nerve pain in my face/head, and panic attacks closely related to this horrible condition that have led to a lot of very unfortunate circumstances. I have been on it before (20 years ago). I avoided since it because it's a benzo, but if I don't get treated successfully, I believe, as does my therapist, my prognosis is poor. I encourage all to try all other pathways; only if they fail should you consider klonopin. Unrelenting anxiety and panic attacks are not acceptable in my circumstances."

rjfinva (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 1, 2017

For Panic Disorder "My wife who I dearly love recently left me (splitting up my family) at a time while my business is also failing and I'm suddenly in a position where I'm afraid I won't be able to make it financially. The depression and grief led to anxiety and eventually panic. Completely unable to function. Minutes seemed like hours. A struggle to get through each day. Only to like awake all night. At one point got a total of 4 hours of sleep over 5 days. A total wreck about to be institutionalized. Reached crisis mode and was given Klonopin - 1.5 mg/day spread over 3 doses. Anxiety/panic diminished greatly and allowed me to finally SLEEP. Progressively improving. A true life saver. Not worried about tapering later."

Klonager (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2017

For Panic Disorder "I have bi polar disorder and this calms my mania and relaxes me. It reminds me as well to just say calm :)"

nicknames October 2, 2017