User Reviews for Klonopin

Learn more about Klonopin.

Panic Disorder 139 reviews 19 medications

Seizure Prevention 13 reviews 32 medications

8.3
Summary of Klonopin reviews 152 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Klonopin

For Panic Disorder "I was told that I have Panic Disorder and Bipolar Disorder. After suffering horrible panic attacks from the withdrawals from Zoloft, I was given Klonopin to calm down. For once, everything felt normal. I was calm and collected after that. I've been on it ever since, I take every couple of days when I'm anxious along with Neurontin 300mg, 3 times a day. Definitely helps with the anxiety, I would recommend this to everyone."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Hello I have been on klonoin 0.50 and an antidepressant for 17 years it saved me from my panic attacks. A year ago I lost my husband tragicially he was only 38 and recently the antidepressants stopped working and I have just upped the klonopin to 1.5 mg to stop the attacks. I have tried 4 different antidepressants and they have done nothing but give me horrible side effects. Although klonopin is addicting it also has given me my life and help me get through the roughest time of my life."

milerose (taken for 10 years or more) June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I've been prescribed Klonopin as needed for 7 years. I take it once or twice a week. Klonopin is phenomenal for panic attacks. It is so wonderful that many people become physically dependent &/or addicted to it. Its relief lasts longer than Xanax & it is much smoother. It does not kick in as quickly as Xanax, but you can chew it or leave it under your tongue to kick in more quickly. Extreme self-discipline is strongly recommended when taking Klonopin or any other benzo. Klonopin should only be taken as a last resort to a panic attack. It is not supposed to be taken every day, & it is not supposed to be taken to escape every anxious situation."

lovelanadelrey (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I was diagnosed with General Anxiety, Social Anxiety and panic attacks about 17 years ago. I was prescribed many different medicines, but what has worked BEST with my panic attacks and over all anxiety is Klonopin. I was prescribed 0.5 mg 3 times daily, it has been a God send. I do not go above my prescribed dosage and can take any time of day and stay right on track at work etc. I have been on this dosage for 7 years and it's made a huge difference in my quality of life. I will say that I ran out over a holiday weekend and couldn't get any more until the following Tuesday. 3 days without caused severe withdrawal symptoms, unable to sleep, watery mouth, dry heaves and clammy skin, it was awful. So don't miss dosage(s) & you'll be fine."

Bones66 June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Klonopin isn't to be used everyday for years on end. I take it for my panic attacks, AS NEEDED!! I don't take one everyday, or every other day, I even go a week without taking it. It should depend on your anxiety, not a doctor telling u to take it daily. And my doctor agrees with this method. I've been on it for about 3-4 months now and have no issues (as long as I don't have my attacks) when I don't take it for days or weeks. Also, I take 1mg for my attacks and I only take more if my anxiety doesn't calm down! Unless you can't leave your house without freaking out.. no one should be on 3-4 mgs a day. If this is you, I'd recommend a new doctor or maybe start looking into other preventative meds or natural therapies to help so you can stop it"

Ar1997 June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Great for anxiety. Not sure Had high enough dose. It not controlling my anxiety long enough to last till I take my scheduled dose. Taking 0.5 mg 3 x day."

Pappy76 (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Worked very well for my severe panic attacks. I've used this med as a crutch for a couple of weeks until Prozac levelled me out. My concern was the severe dependency issues that come with prolonged usage. I took it once a day in the evening for about three weeks, I felt like I was losing my sanity. Combination of Klonopin in the beginning and Prozac to level me out worked very well for me."

MattyV June 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "After suffering crippling anxiety and panic attacks in 2006, this amazing med made me myself again. Not high, not loopy, not drowsy. Just me again. I took 0.5 mg twice a day for 6 months, then tapered down and off of it with no side effects or dependency issues. Back on again in 2014 during another bad patch for three months, same dosage. On both occasions, neither Xanax nor Ativan could even make a dent in my anxiety. I am so grateful to the makers of Klonopin and to the docs who prescribed it. It literally takes my quality of life from a 2 to a 10 in times of need."

901john (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I began taking klonopin when it first came on the market in the 80's. When nothing else would even touch it, klonopin stopped my severe anxiety and panic attacks completely within the first week. Klonopin gave me my life back. I never thought I would be anxiety and panic free but I was and still am. This drug continues to be a miracle for me. I was on 4 mgs a day when my panic/anxiety was at its worst, but I am now on a low maintenance dose of 0.5mgs 2x a day. It's not for everyone, but for those who benefit from it, it's a godsend. Don't be afraid to try it. It changed my life for the better. Hands down, a miracle drug for me."

MediaGuide2 May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Have spinal fusion surgery soon and I am a nervous wreck, seem to help but make me tired and unstable,can't drive take 1mg 3 times a day."

Daddyrat (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Very very effective drug. Better than diazepam, better than lorazepam. Long half life. This medication helped me stop drinking completely to mask my anxiety. I have chronic anxiety and sometimes can't go in stores. With clonazepam, when used responsibility, is my wonder drug. Been on 3 mg a day for 25 years. My doctor shuns on weaning me off, as this drug gave me my life back. It has helped me mend my relationships, I can go outside, and I don't feel like anyone's judging me. I take clonazepam with 40 mg propranolol a day and Seroquel at night. Who would have thought that I prescribed myself and my doctor agreed. Who ever made this benzo needs an award. Stay sober, don't do illicit drugs, take meds as instructed and again, don't drink! Thanks!"

Jamesdat123 May 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Have been taking Klonopin for nearly 20 years. At one point my doctor was prescribing 3mg per day. The past couple years I've been taking .25mg (1/4) mg per day. It has been very helpful in preventing panic attacks and reducing my anxiety in general. My only side effect has been mild drowsiness. My doctor has tried to help me go off this medication completely on 2 occasions. The 1st time I developed muscle spasms throughout my body including rapid heartbeat. The 2nd time I became unable to sleep and anxiety attacks resumed. Both times my dosage was decreased gradually over a period of 2 to 3 months after I'd been taking 1 mg per day. Since then, when my doctor suggested trying to ween me off it again I reminded him of the prior problems."

Tested in PA April 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I take zoloft and the mix was a nightmare!!! it made me more agitated than I normally am ever! beware!"

moonshadowing1 April 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I was prescribed klonopin for my sleeping anxiety. I just have a fear I guess you would call it of going to sleep. My mind constantly races over really bad things and keeps me up all night. I can't fall asleep until I'm extremely drowsy. However, this is an anxiety medication so would I be ok to take during the day at work to calm my anxiety or will it knock me out like it does at night? Just curious that maybe since I have the mentality that I'm going to bed soon is why it makes me so drowsy as opposed to being up and busy at work. I get overwhelmed with anxiety at work sometimes and have nothing to help with it."

CW2 April 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "This is a medicine my son is using/abusing. It is highly addictive. I see no benefits for long term use. Even after 90 day rehab he went straight back to his doctor and lied about the nature of his treatment and got a new supply. He basically sleep walks through the day. Before this he never used anything stronger than asprin."

Step-dad9 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Clonazepam is helping me"

Gioantonnello April 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I've tried Xanax, Valium, and Klonopin with my generalized anxiety disorder. Klonopin is not super strong but gets the job done and lasts a whole lot longer than the others. Not as easily addictive since you don't feel the need to take more because of its long half life. Please don't involve yourself with Xanax. It's terrible. Short lasting and way too strong."

Nuitdelamort (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "Worst drug I have ever taken for anxiety. I took it as prescribed and it actually caused me to have episodes of crying and anxiety. Well thats wonderful, a drug that made me worse. Stay away from this, it could ruin your life if you get addicted"

Crazycatlady1997 March 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "Meh....still anxious and climbing the walls."

Joy45 (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "This drug should not be prescribed for more than two weeks (and this has been known since the eighties). Most Doctors in the USA don't have a clue about what benzos do to the lives of the patients they are prescribing to, and especially how difficult it is for patients to withdraw from these drugs. I was completely dependent on clonazepam after 30 days, and remained on it for about eight years, before I realized I had to get off of clonazepam, if I wanted a chance to become healthy again. It took me 7 horrifying months to taper off, and I became disabled during that time. I lost about 85% of my long and short term memory during that time. I am educated, but I did not research this drug before I took it. Please don't make that mistake."

Eric12769 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I have very bad anxiety attacks that occur at random. I take one in the morning and one at night and its helps he immensely I believe its a life saver it brings tears to my eyes. It relieved the torture of daily anxiety attacks which caused me great depression."

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "As a Mental health therapist with anxiety I tried this to test it out having my doubts. This drug works very well for someone with ADHD, OCD and anxiety. Keep an eye on the dependency factor, overuse will cause addiction and health issues."

Butter buns 8 February 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I have been taking this pill for over 30 years, one pill a day , never had problem with my panic attacks again, not addicting for me !"

NYBULLETS (taken for 10 years or more) February 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I've taken klonopin off and on for many years and I have to say it is very effective and much longer lasting than xanax. I've been prescribed xanax as well and it is effective, but I truly believe it shouldn't be taken on a regular basis, especially several times a day. It's fast acting and it helps with panic attacks and similar situations. But to take it day in and day out seems ludicrous. Klonopin has a much longer half life and I don't feel withdrawal when I come off klonopin, that's not the case with Xanax. Not only that, on Xanax I was finding that I would have periods of forgetfulness, meaning periods of the day. I was at a job interview and I really couldn't tell you what was said by me or the interviewer. I did get the job however."

glendola1234 February 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "When a person has mental symptoms , they're supposed to have medical workup always. The reason is many medical conditions mimic mental illness until treated. Then zero symptoms forever (mentally). If a person has Myxedema (severe hypothyroidism), gets misdiagnosed as mentally ill (schizophrenia, bipolar, delusional d/o, depression, anxiety ...all common MISDIAGNOSES in thyroid disease), Klonopin can induce coma. This happened to me and then they realized I was not mentally ill. Had no symptoms since healing from this dreadfully dangerous drug. Read "Physical Illness presenting as Psychiatric Disease" before taking any psych drug. Any sedative, hypnotic, even Advil can cause MyxedemaComa 40%chance death. See Iatrogenic Coma & other articles."

Misdiagnosed and coma (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2017