User Reviews for Klonopin

Seizure Prevention
8.6

Summary of Klonopin reviews 8.7 202 reviews

Reviews for Klonopin

For Panic Disorder "Klonopin feels like combines all the good effects of many anxiety medicine to help me and it makes me feel good about myself"

Li224987 (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2019

For Panic Disorder "I have been using Klonopin for over 5 years and I have found it to be very effective in reducing anxiety in combination with low dose Paxil. Take 0.5 mg during the work week and none on weekends. Also take 0.5 at night to help sleep. I have not built a tolerance and find it a very useful tool in managing anxiety. My goal has been to use it sparingly but will not hesitate to take more for more dentists visits, interviews, etc.. Just know if you do you will be tired and drained afterwards. Wish I had found my right combo of meds before I quit a great job due to anxiety. Also Ativan didn't treat me very nice. Had severe withdrawal as it has a shorter half life. My quality of life has improved because of Klonopin. Oh...No weight gain either."

Mr. Bill February 6, 2019

For Panic Disorder "I have always struggled with racing thoughts 24/7, which prevented me from sleeping. Over the years I was on diazapam and it worked well. Klonopin saved my life and restored my sleep. I tried about 8 different seratonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI's) that WORSENED my symptoms. The guide on my pain medicine allows for its use if all other drugs for anxiety have been found to be ineffective. I do not drink any alcoholic beverages. Recap: Cymbalta settled out of court for brain zaps. Paxil, welbutrin, excitilopram, and Prozac cannot be taken by people experiencing worsening conditions and clonus."

Davy Jones (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2019

For Panic Disorder "I am 52 and was a nightly drinker to help with my anxiety for many years. Six months ago I decided to quit all alcohol. During that time I was also on a huge dose of lunesta each night. About 30 days after I stopped drinking I began having severe and ceaseless panic attacks. I thought I was going to die! I had no idea what the heck was happening. I couldn’t function at home or work. My doctor put me on Paxil which helped but not enough. So he added Clonazepam which has been amazing. I take 1 mg at night and sleep like a baby. I can take .5 mg as needed but try not to. When I don’t I have anxiety. I am reading these reviews which are extremely helpful to ascertain if this medication can be used for the rest of my life effectively. Please keep your reviews coming in. Your feedback helped me decide to use this medication which helped save my life. My wife and 3 beautiful kids thank you and Clonazepam!"

Mateo (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2018

For Panic Disorder "Doc put me on Klonopin 2-3 mg/day after a brain injury. After a few years, my quality of life started falling quickly. After much reading, I found that Klonopin was causing the anxiety due to tolerance withdrawals, caused by increasing tolerance with no dose escalation. I was ripped off of the medication and barely survived. Six months of severe withdrawals: didn't sleep, could barely eat, muscles so stiff that walking was difficult, severe tinnitus, etc., etc.. DO NOT take this medication for more than a few days or you are risking one of the most severe addictions known to man."

Wheebles (taken for 10 years or more) December 28, 2018

For Panic Disorder "Took this as directed for an issue post partum. I did not experience negative side affects. No withdrawal, no cravings, none of the above. It did help me while I waited for my Paxil to kick in fully. I now use it very occasionally at a low dose if needed for anxiety. Do not let the reviews on here scare you. Even after having a baby and experiencing many issues post partum, this drug has not given me problems or addiction of any kind. It is worth a try, but must be taken exactly as prescribed."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 25, 2018

"Started taking Klonopin to wean off Benzo's. Works great. Zero side effects except for the Solco brand. Horrible brand that I cannot tolerate. Otherwise Klonopin works great."

blue-sky (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 24, 2018

"I was using zepam sometimes and a different brand of diazepam while in Cambodia. I didn't even realise how much my life was restricted with anxiety until I tried these. It changed my life. Amazingly, I find that I get up early and get so much done every day. Socialising is easy now. Obviously you have to be careful with any benzo and addiction. A few 1 stars from people saying it ruined their lives is due to poor prescribing and control by Doctors. I found 4 days on 3 days off sufficient to keep tolerance down. I would have half a pill twice a day, and got no side effects whatsoever. "

farfetched November 30, 2018

"My doctor prescribed it for helping me with depression (although I don't suffer from anxiety crisis) and it did relieve my symptoms. I can now go out with my friends and I could return to college. Klonopin saved my life."

Blink182 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2018

For Panic Disorder "This drug saved my life. After suffering from severe mood swings and anxiety my whole life, this drug has made me feel normal again. I take 1 mg twice a day. It has allowed me to function in society and hold down a great job. I’ve been taking it for about a year now and couldn’t be happier. I had been on Xanax previously and had constantly been needing higher and higher doses until it just didn’t work anymore and my anxiety sky rocketed. I can’t recommend this higher to anyone with anxiety"

Blue (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 22, 2018

"On Clonopin for past 15 years. Zoloft made my anxiety and fear worse and it was very hard to taper off it. I experienced brain zaps extreme dizziness, and feeling like I may throw up at any second. Did not have these problems with Clonopin, there was time when I needed 2 to 3 mg. Every day for several months and when I decided I don't need that much anymore I slowly tapered off. Today I still need to taken but only 0.5 and once in a while. So far didn't notice any side effects."

Lizzie October 10, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I started on klonopin 5 years ago when I was experiencing uncontrollable panic attacks that nearly cost me my job. Prior to that I was taking xanax. Xanax works great short term (but is clearly addictive and many people are prone to abuse it). I explained my concerns to my doctor and was prescribed 1 mg of klonopin three times a day which worked wonders but decided to taper down over the past six months. I was able to get down to 1 mg once a day with any problems but it's really tough to get lower than that without experiencing significant withdraw. People are correct in stating that it is very difficult to get off of completely but like all meds, you have to weigh the pros and cons. I haven't noticed any side effects thus far nor have I felt the need to increase my initial prescribed dose (actual decreased). If panic and anxiety are ruining your life, the downsides of klonopin are vastly out weighted by the benefits it provides. Life is too short to live with unnecessary anxiety."

Morty October 9, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I took this pill years ago and weaned myself off it slow and steady it took me a couple of months there was no problem. I've been anxiety free for years. Now I find myself having anxiety and panic attacks again and I am back on Klonopin and couldn't be happier."

srichey (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 3, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I was prescribed this for panic attacks and anxiety. No matter the dose I took, it didn't help my anxiety but instead would make me incredibly tired. It took like 2 hours to kick in for me, and the first time I took it I nearly fell asleep while driving. I didn't like this medication because it didn't help me at all, but I did occasionally use it to help me sleep."

bubbly (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 2, 2018

For Panic Disorder "This drug is responsible for ruining many lives. It should be a highly illegal substance considering how it permanent damages your brain. You will think it is sent from heaven initially, only to be plunged into an unimaginable depths once you reach tolerance and have to wean off this poison. I've had protracted withdrawal symptoms for nearly 4 years after stopping this drug. I would give anything and everything to just have my original anxiety back. People have died from this drug and many more have their lives ruined beyond repair. Check on the internet benzo injuries to see for yourself. The biggest mistake of my life was trusting my doctor that this pill was safe."

Pharma unjured (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I take 0.5 mg of klonopin twice daily for about 2 months now for severe anxiety and panic attacks. I am just wondering if I am addicted??"

neversummer1971 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I was recently switched from Ativan to Klonopin as I had developed a tolerance to my moderate dosage of Ativan. 3 days of insomnia, SEVERE panic attacks and disassociation. I literally haven’t slept in 3 days and was having disturbing thoughts at 4am this morning. Was on the phone to mental health services for 2 hours this morning and they said I needed to get off it NOW. Had to beg doctor to switch me back to a higher dose of Ativan. Immediately felt better."

dulciejune (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2018

For Seizure Prevention "I've been on 2mg 3 times daily for the last 10 years for seizures and haven't had any problems with the drug. I've let myself run out in the past a few times and the withdrawal is mild compared to powerful narcotic analgesics such as Oxycontin or methadone."

Ron (taken for 10 years or more) August 21, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I'm a 20 yr old female who has randomly developed extreme anxiety. So bad to the point I wanted to take my own life. Nothing triggers me it just happens out of no where. I went to the doctor and he prescribed 50mg zoloft and 0.5mg of klonopin. Zoloft has not helped me at all and my heart rate at rest is now usually 130. Horrible medicine and am looking to get it switched. However, I finally got the courage to take a klonopin because I was terrified of how it would make me feel. After suffering for 3 months I took one. For the first time I feel like I can breath, my mind isn't racing, and I can focus. Did not make me feel high at all, just made me feel normal again. I'm mad at myself that I didn't try it sooner out of fear. Finally finding relieve..brings me to tears, happy tears. Will be going to doctor this week and requesting to get switched from zoloft. In the mean time I am thnakful for klonopin giving me peace."

Veronica93 August 11, 2018

For Panic Disorder "Klonopin is very effective with my anxiety disorder. However, stay away from it. You will be addicted before you know and will seek more and more. If you don't have it, you feel like you are in hell. Withdrawal symptoms are horrible and you lose control of everything. You will get rebound anxiety which is worse than your original anxiety. This is so bad that you cannot function without it. Therefore, you have to continue using it to avoid the withdrawal symptoms because they are so awful. Please, if you doctor prescribed this drug, refuse it and take a nonbenzo drug. You will rue the day you ever started using it. I am out of medicine now and am just terrible shape that I cannot sleep. Yes, it is very effective at treating your disorder but it has got to be the worst drug to come off of. I was in rehab and even the heroin abusers didn't have as bad withdrawal than I did. Yes, run away from this drug. It will help you but eventually destroy you."

Mouse (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 4, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I’ve been on Ritalin, adderall, the big 4 anxiety meds, Xanax, buspar, hydroxizine, and the only thing that has helped my panic which lasts all day and ruins my quality of life has been the klonopin. I have health anxiety for some reason. I partied a lot in my early 20s now every ache and pain is cancer or whatever my brain decides to come up with leaving me shaking in the bed. Yes the w/d will suck but for now I can at least live my life."

Oranges (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I started taking this medication due to having all sorts of problems with anxiety. I had agoraphobia, panic attacks, and the whole bit. I began taking this medication and it was a lifesaver for me. I use this medication responsibly, but even though I use it exactly as prescribed there’s always this doctor who comes along who wants to take me off of it and have me take 3,600mg of Gabapentin instead and put me to sleep. For some reason Klonopin doesn’t put me to sleep but it does calm all the anxiety making life livable... Always trust your doctor, but you are always the best decider on what works for you."

Hopscotch (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 6, 2018

For Panic Disorder "I took Klonopin from 2011-2016. I only stopped it because my doctor at that time thought I should try something non-benzo related for my chronic anxiety. I’ve tried Gabapentin, numerous antidepressants, and eventually Ativan without much relief. It’s been just a few weeks since Klonopin has been back into my life, and I am no longer pulling out my hair or feeling heart palpitations in front of large crowds, and I’m even STARTING conversations with strangers. No more panic attacks at all!! Something I haven’t done in years!! I understand that meds like Klonopin should be used as a last resort because of how addictive they can be, but I feel like Klonopin has saved my life and saved my job. So happy to have you back in my life."

WorryWart69 (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2018

For Panic Disorder "does the job for anxiety and panic"

sal (taken for 10 years or more) June 14, 2018

For Panic Disorder "Klonopin 1mg taken 3x daily has made a major difference in my overall anxiety disorder plus panic attacks. I was not helped by a lower dose than this. I take it in combo with 800 mgs gabapentin 3x daily plus lamictal, ambien for sleep and a thyroid medication and we finally seem to be getting my bipolar disorder under control. SSRIs and SNRIs made my anxiety and panic worse. Word of warning: do NOT quit Klonopin cold turkey or allow yourself to run out of the medication or within one day you will feel you’ve fallen into a pit of darkness. This drug does create dependency and would require medical supervision to slowly taper off as needed. However for me, taking it on a schedule 3x daily has changed my life immensely for the better."

CBA (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 29, 2018