User Reviews for Klonopin

Learn more about Klonopin.

Panic Disorder 118 reviews 19 medications

Periodic Limb Movement Disorder 11 reviews 13 medications

8.1
Summary of Klonopin reviews 473 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Klonopin

For Panic Disorder "Hi my name's Matt and I would like to share with you my experience of Klonopin 6 years ago I went through what I think was a dramatic life-changing event for me me and my wife work separating for good and everything started falling apart I started to lose weight get out of breath fast then one day I started to have bad thoughts thoughts to hurt myself others even my own family I spent many sleepless nights on the couch for two months I stayed there wanting to die waiting to die then finally one day I got up and went to see a psychiatrist I explained to him he put me on Klonopin after a few yrs I noticed I started having short term memory loss I am currently weaning myself off but it's very hard anyone else experience this"

Matt1987 July 23, 2016

For Panic Disorder "I have been suffering from panic attacks since 2008. One day I was just chatting on the phone with a friend when out of nowhere I felt like there was an elephant sit on my chest, meaning to say that i was experiencing chest tightness. Then I started breathing faster and I didn't know then what I know now, that that fast breathing is called hyperventilation. Then that symptom led to my heart beat going faster and then that led to me feeling like i was losing control and I had to have a friend take me to the ER which was down the street but it felt like it took me hours to get there. Time really slows down during these attacks, and life just seems so unbearable. Anyway, doc put me on .05mg Klonopin in 2008 and it has worked wonders since."

PokemonPlayTime July 20, 2016

For Anxiety "I am a middle aged man, who has had anxiety my whole life. In addition, I have a very stressful job. About three years ago, my wife convinced me to see a doctor. I had never taken any sort of anti-anxiety medication previously. The doctor prescribed Klonopin, but was very adamant about taking it only as needed. The prescription says 1mg, twice a day. But I only take, on average, two pills a week, when I'm really stressed. As many people here have said, it started out great, then faded with time. Although it definitely helps; it's not pleasant. It's almost as if it makes me so sleepy, I'm too tired to be stressed. Two years ago, I would have given it a 9. I still recommend it. Other than sleepiness, I have no other adverse effects."

bulldog1415 July 10, 2016

For Anxiety "A+. Couldn't function without it. Takes away that tense feeling in my brain. I don't have panic attacks, but I deal with a lot of anxiety that brings on severe irritability. Just one 5mg pill in the morning and one when I get home from work, and I'm free from all that. I can live a normal life and not let my anxiety ruin my relationships, work, etc. Lasts longer than xanax and more effective in my opinion,"

IrishHillbilly (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 8, 2016

For Anxiety "I have 0 panic attacks when I'm on this medication"

12333 July 7, 2016

For Anxiety "I am a 16 year old girl who has suffered with extreme anxiety and severe depression since I was 9. The reason why I was so depressed was mainly because I was mildly depressed so they put me on cymbalta and I suffered from the "black box warning" in which adolescents and teens can experience suicidal thoughts and actions. that really messed me up. I'd have panic attacks where I was convinced I wanted to, and I'd puke and shake and stuff. it still happens but when it does my parents give me 0.25mg (I'm very very lightweight so they don't want a lot in my system) and it seems I work alright. I'd like to take it everyday but my parents are so hesitant to give it to me."

Macyyyy June 29, 2016

For Seizure Prevention "This medicine made me confused, slur my words, exhausted. I was basically living in a fog for over five years. No amount of sleep helped, I needed to take a nap every day and would still be tired when I woke up. I had difficulty thinking, repeated sentences, had anxiety attacks. This medication is only suppose to be given for a maximum of 2 weeks. It's highly addictive and the user develops a high tolerance. Long-term usage can result in brain damage and benzos are the most overly prescribed drug in the world. Withdrawal was horrible, but worth it! I got my life back after getting off of it and I don't have anxiety or seizures, changed my lifestyle, diet and exercise."

Vest04 (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 22, 2016

For Seizure Prevention "Sleepiness memory loss."

kim-r June 21, 2016

For Anxiety "This is the drug that was a total game changer for me. I was on effexor and abilify because of severe depression and suicidal ideation (at only 19 :(). While the abilify and effexor helped with the depression, I was extremely anxious, jumpy, panicky, and unable to sleep at all. Klonopin changed all that. I am now able to do anything with no anxiety, no intrusive thoughts, and am visibly much less tense and more relaxed than I have ever been. I can go to work, take public transport, and interact with customers with absolutely NO anxiety anymore. If you sound like me, I highly suggest at least giving this medication a try. It saved my life."

rmahon (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2016

For Panic Disorder "My doctor began prescribing klonapin1 mg 3 times a day when I was 23 years old to help treat anxiety and sleep disorders. I took the xanax for 11 years and it did help my symptoms although I did build up a tolerance pretty fast but kept at same dose. But when my doctor retired and a new doctor took over his practice I was abruptly discontinued the xanax. This was a dangerous thing to do. I began to go into withdrawals within one day without the xanax. The withdrawals were excruciating and lasted for weeks. I was in constant extreme anxiety. Sleep was nearly totally absent for more than two weeks. My thoughts started to become almost to the point of psychosis which also lasted for weeks. So never abruptly stop benzos unless medically supervi"

Donnie Don (taken for 10 years or more) June 16, 2016

For Anxiety "Yes, this medication works. It works very well for chronic anxiety disorder and sudden onsets of severe panic attacks. Knowing what I know now, I wish with all my being it had never ever been prescribed to me, and without the absurd nonchalance dozens of practitioners have portrayed. I'm 32 and have been prescribed clonazopam for 14 years. Ive been in situations where my health insurance is in transition and I must go off the medication abruptly-- this is when I realized how deep I was. Weeks upon weeks of non stop physical, emotional, and psychological withdrawal effects that are like hell. Words cannot accurately describe just how awful it is. This, again, has been my experience during withdrawal as a long term clonazopam patient. All skin, especially the face, becomes numb. Vision gets fuzzy and difficult to see clearly. Panic attacks become extremely exasperated, frequent and debilitating. Severe irritability. Worst of all: a terrifying disconnection between your mind and body; as if you're an onlooker watching and feeling this horrible thing happen to you, but not actually feeling connected to any of it-- that one is tough to explain. All of this... It can lasts months, maybe more. That's right. Not just some one week hump to overcome. After finding how awful the withdrawal is I've been attempting to ween very very slowly down from 3 2mg doses per day to eventually zero, hopefully. After six months of gradually decreases in dose I'm now at 2- 1mg doses per day and I'm not sure how or if I can go much less than that. No doctors I've had have been of any help. The ween down was my idea and the rate of it was also my idea based on experience. It sure would be nice to meet a doctor that truly had knowledge of this withdrawal syndrome and took it a bit more seriously. I am confident that the medication is no longer treating my anxiety disorder, but simply preventing withdrawal from the meds themselves. And there don't seem to be any good alternatives. It's a long road ahead, please think it over and over with someone knowledgeable before being so quick to embrace this miracle drug. The truth is that most of us actually need very real psychotherapy, not chemicals that run our lives. Once again, all my point of view from my personal experience. It feels very good to share this."

Anne Regret (taken for 10 years or more) June 11, 2016

For Anxiety "Taken( 2) 1mg, 3 times a day and (3)1 mg at bed time. No issues still helping after two plus years."

John T. June 7, 2016

For Anxiety "last 15 tears of taking Klonopin have been a total improvement of my quality of life. and an improvement in anxiety to the point where I am like the friendliest guy in town so to speak. where as before taking Klonopin I had severe social phobia . as a result the stress was definetly related to making me get cancer at 40 years of age. it works. buspar and all the other more popular anti anxiety meds did not work and I don't want to stop taking Klonopin. William P."

fireplug (taken for 10 years or more) June 4, 2016

For Anxiety "21 y/o female, work in the medical field, severe anxiety for about 5 years now, always been hesitant about taking meds for fear of medication dependency. In the past year, my anxiety has gotten to the point where I am isolated & developing depression. I finally broke down and was prescribed Klonopin 0.5mg daily as needed. It takes the edge off and gives me a genuine good feeling while allowing me to keep a CLEAR head and keep my patients safe. I was marijuana dependent as a teen b/c it improved my moods the same way, so I see the potential for dependency here. I am seeing a therapist and intend on using this until I learn other ways to cope. It does help you to think positively so you can begin your recovery. Great short term drug."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Great for "resetting" at bedtime when feeling a little upswing with Bipolar. I have noticed after a day of being a little up, the Klonopin drops the intensity and brain energy nicely to allow for rest and relaxing. I do notice that if I don't take it, because I may not feel like I need it one night, that it is harder to get to sleep. I also have experienced some short term memory loss when taking 1.5 mg (3 x .5 mg) the next day. It has also helped me with anxiety when depressed. Great drug!"

Manuel231 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 15, 2016

For Panic Disorder "If anybody has input that would be great.. I took klonopin for anxiety disorder. It made me have no appetite, stay wide awake at night, feel superior to anybody else. Honestly felt fantastic and I was losing weight. A week or so later I broke down in major tears, had to leave work. On the way home had a bad panic attack. Went to the hospital where I was prescribed ativan. I've never had an issue since and I only take it when I feel anxious. It was the weirdest experience ever and the doctors can't explain it."

Christine86 May 7, 2016

For Anxiety "Takes time to come up, this is a problem when you have a panic attack, suicidal thoughts and anxiety go away within an hour but they go away, it's like a emergency button, it has saved my life from suicide. Dependence builds within months."

Rassnik (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2016

For Anxiety "Works perfectly for me keeps me calm."

HisWorld (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 27, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "It was fine for a year, but then made my condition much much worse to the point that I lost everything I ever loved. Please research this med before taking. It is not intended to be used for more than three weeks in a row."

Camera dude (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 25, 2016

For Anxiety "You don't need it. It helped at first. After about a year of regular use, it stopped helping, and instead made me very angry. By then, I was taking around 5mg/day, and had a long taper ahead of me to ease the hellish physical dependency. You don't want the taper. You don't want to numb your feelings with this horrible tranquilizer. You are worth more and you have more in you than you want to believe when you sign up for this cop-out nightmare."

davefromnorthjersey (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 25, 2016

For Anxiety "I've had panic attacks since I can remember. I recall my family DR.telling my mother that I would eventually need something for my nerves. I developed an irregular heartbeat around the age of 20. Of course, I am the last person who needed that symptom. I would go into a full blown panic attack and end up in the ER. My family Dr talked me into taking Xanax. I took .5 3 times a day like clockwork. Along with Tenormin for my afib.for 10 years . I then switched to Klonopin .5 3× daily. It was miracle. No side effects. After taking the same dose for 15 years, my new Dr dropped dropped it to twice daily. OK for about 6 months. I've been in the ER 5 times in the last 12 months. I need some good advice."

B.Steve (taken for 10 years or more) April 18, 2016

For Anxiety "I have been orally using Diazepam, (VALIUM) 10 mg. tabs- Qty: 90 monthly. 1 tab 3x a day q 8"

VICO DAN WATSON (taken for 10 years or more) April 14, 2016

For Anxiety "The doctor prescribe this for my anxiety not realizing what I was taking after taking for a year I decided to look up the clonazepam and found out what I was really taken and how hard it is to get off of it has been pure hell how can something be so good but so bad I tell everyone stay clear of this medication and go alternative because the withdrawals are evil it has been a total nightmare trying to get off of this pill and I am on a low dose .05 this pill was supposed to help my life not ruin it. The headaches are unbearable the nauseous is miserable and the dizziness is in sane everyone please stay clear of this medicine because when you try to get off of it is pure hell nightmare"

Pure Stupid (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 9, 2016

For Anxiety "I took my first pill last night, and feel better already! I had never before suffered from anxiety, until I started a new and very stress-filled job. I held my own at first, but the past few months really took it's toll on my physical health. Yesterday, I truly believed I was having either a heart attack, or panic attack...I've never had a panic attack, never! Rushed to my doctor who looked at me and said- I've never seen you look like this before. After explaining how my job was affecting my life, and talking about different stress/anxiety relievers, and making time for me, he wrote the prescription. I was hesitant to take, but slept like a baby for the first time in months! I will check back as I continue with the medication."

Ihavenonickname April 8, 2016

For Anxiety "Been taking benzodiazepines for near 10 years now. Started with 1mg of Lorazepam once daily, but it stopped working after about 2 years. I got prescribed Clonazepam 1mg twice daily.Worked like a charm for 5 years, then stopped having any effect. Still, Clonazepam is amazing compared to Lorazepam. This is an amazing medication. I was prescribed an up-dose (2mg three times daily, but I usually only took one pill a day or two, because 2mg is very strong). I was also prescribed Xanax to take along with Clonazepam due to having a panic disorder as well as generalized anxiety, but after about a year I decided that the Xanax was pretty useless (and tasted like wet chalk) so asked my psychiatrist to stop prescribing it. Just clonazepam. It's great."

Renee33 (taken for 10 years or more) March 27, 2016