User Reviews for Klonopin

Seizure Prevention 8.0
Summary of Klonopin reviews 8.4 249 reviews

Reviews for Klonopin

Chris June 11, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “Just because your particular biochemistry had a bad reaction, does not mean a certain drug is bad for everyone. Benzos get a bad rep because of their dependency nature. I will tell you that I have suffered with anxiety, OCD for many years. I have tried other medicines. They have bad side effects. I have tried natural alternatives, although they do work a little bit - it's only a little bit. The upside is they rarely have any side effects. So if you can have a natural supplement work for you, go that route. However I will say that I am someone that does not like to take pharm medicine and if I have the need for Klonopin, I only try to take it every few days or so. But I will tell you, when I do take it, it's absolutely the only thing that has worked. It does not make me feel weird, groggy or zombie-like. It makes me feel back to my normal, natural me, calm content and just overall good! People that advocate against Klonopin are doing a disservice to people that the drug is helpful for.”

Yogi19 · Taken for 10 years or more June 9, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “Ok here goes Klonopin is by far the best drug for anxiety period for me. Everyone is different of course and I have never felt the need to take more then necessary in fact I always try and take less. SSRIs did nothing for me in fact they made me more anxious. Any drug if taken too much or abused can cause you serious issues, also keep who your reviewers are me included, most people who have a bad experience will review, good experiences don't even think about doing a review. I think the ratings would be closer to 9.5 if everyone took the time to write a review that was a positive one. As we all know people are more likely to comment when they have negative outcomes and that’s understandable. People who take this medication also tend to have anxiety, panic, GAD like myself and can be very in touch with every perceived symptom within their body. In my opinion way more then the average Joe walking down the street. In other words take these reviews for what they are worth. A single persons opinion and often a person that is suffering to find anything that will make them feel better.”

Greg · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 31, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “I take Klonopin for Rem Behavior Disorder and Anxiety. Thank God for this medication, 0.5mgs twice has saved my life.”

Epileptic WA · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 11, 2020

For Seizure Prevention: “Was originally on 400 mg of zonisamide that started at 200 mg and still had breakthrough seizures. Was given .5 clonazepam. Worked great. Got taken off it for a study. When I was put back on they gave me zonisamide and vimpat. Still had seizures. Started clonazepam again. Seizure free.”

Daisey · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “I took klonopin for the first time because I had a panic attack while driving on the highway, my Emergency room physician prescribed me 0.5mg prn as needed. I read some of the reviews before I took the medication. There were more negative comments than positive. So I broke the pill in a half and took .25mg because I didn’t know how the medication will make me feel. After I took the medication, 30 minutes later, I begun to feel a warmth sensation through my body, I start shaking, I was nauseated for 7 hours, then throughout the day, I felt sedated for 2 days, during this time, I was at work and couldn’t function like I wanted to, so I had to leave my job because I didn’t feel safe at work and I couldn’t stay woke. This medication didn’t work until 8 hours later I felt normal back to the old me. After I took that one dose. I started having withdraw symptoms and anxiety. I felt horrible. Please stay away from this drug...”

finally sleeping February 14, 2020

“This is for the guy in the bottom. This pill has saved some people's life, it helps with insomnia and anxiety. Just cause it didn't work for you, doesn't mean that it won't help other people - everybody is different.”

ru February 11, 2020

For Seizure Prevention: “I was on clonazepan for several years to treat tremors and have been suffering withdrawal for over a year now. Was dizzy for a year felt like rubbish and got high anxiety from it. Still have anxiety caused by stopping this drug. Dr say it may take years before symptoms are gone. I was a zombie while taking this drug. I say stay away from it.”

autumnbell February 11, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “The withdrawals from this drug after taking it for 4 months have made my life a living hell. I wish I never would have touched it. I’ve experienced depersonalization/derealization disorder (DPDR), severe anxiety, stomach issues, flu like symptoms, etc for months on end. Just do yourselves a favor and never touch any benzodiazepines.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 9, 2020

“STAY AWAY FROM KLOPNOPIN OR GET OFF VERY SLOWLY BY TAPERING ASAP!!! I use to read these reviews before starting this drug for sleep and thought those that had a bad experience were probably abusing the med or those that lost everything due to the drug already had issues. Not true!!! You can be so healthy, take the dose as prescribed and still end up in a nightmare. If I can save one person from starting this drug or any benzo/z-drug then I will have filled part of my purpose in life. Benzos are highly dangerous, highly addictive drugs even at the lowest dose and withdrawals are excruciating and lengthy. DO NOT EVER TAKE FOR ANY REASON. Your initial problem will seem like nothing compared to what this drug creates.”

Jax103 · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 30, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “Over the years I have tried all the SNRIs, SSRI and tricycyclic antidepressants. First used as a muscle relaxer due to severe arthritis. The serotonin re uptake inhibitors caused worsening conditions and were ineffective. I have been hospitalized for Serotonin Syndrome. The last time was 3/24/2019 when I was given amytriptyine while on Fentanyl transdermal patches. I almost died from the reaction and was given Kolonipin and Ativan. Kolonipin has saved my life. I no longer have run away anxiety from worrying about my spinal stenosis. No more insomnia laying awake I suffered daily, all day long and even when trying to sleep before this medicine came into my life. I traded in my Valium for this medication. Very good drug.”

Ombromanto · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 21, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “Klonopin is better than other benzos like xanax, ativan, valium. Don't make you sleepy or tired. The problem is that kills your sex .”

Ran S · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “Klonopin was a great medication. I was crazy anxious and couldn't sleep at night at all. I would stay up and just read or cry with my dogs. I was also terribly anxious and depressed. Whenever my doc recommended Klonopin, I was eager to try it. I was on it only for a month though, just so I get back on my sleeping patterns. It helped my sleep and anxiety so much! I was so thankful for Klonopin. The only reason I stopped taking it was because my sleep was once again regulated and the med caused severe drowsiness. But other than the drowsiness, it worked just fine!”

L1A2N3 · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 13, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “I’ve been on Klonopin for 5 years now. It gave me my life back. I only take 0.25mg nightly and have never had to increase my dose. 95% of the time I can sleep a full night. Previously, I had been on trazodone, buspar, lunesta, celexa. Those either had side effects or were only effective for a couple of months. I was concerned about the addiction/withdrawal aspect of klonopin but I haven’t had any problems at all with it. My insomnia made me have suicidal thoughts, so klonopin has been a lifesaver. Being able to sleep is priceless.”

India · Taken for less than 1 month January 10, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “I just started Klonopin after the doc prescribed it a long time ago. I was scared to take it because of every thing I read. I get terrible anxiety attacks I suffer PTSD and social phobia and depression. 3 days ago I drank my first dose and I am ready to go back to school and start my life again. I thank whoever made this medication and I thank God that gave me the courage to finally take it. It sucks not to feel like you can do anything in life. Now I feel like I can actually pursue my dreams.”

Vanillacreme · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 9, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “This drug Klonopin will ruin your life, it should be banned. Even if you take it exactly as prescribed or a low dose, when you go to stop taking it you’ll wish you never touched it. Even if you’ve never been addicted to anything and your life is perfect, the withdrawals will tell you otherwise. Brutal.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 8, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “Was prescribed this three months ago for muscle twitching and involuntary movements related to antipsychotic withdrawal. Medication works great, sometimes too great. Am aware of the risks taking it, but it does help insomnia, anxiety, mania, and twitching. Please be careful and don't take more than prescribed.”

Ddr · Taken for 10 years or more January 1, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “Had panic disorders all through high school and did nothing about it til 4th year of college. I've been on 1mg of Klonopin for 24 years and my dose base never increased or decreased. It truly changed my life for the good. Thank you for letting me share.”

Sassy · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 30, 2019

For Panic Disorder: “I couldn’t sleep and was having panic attacks quite often. I was prescribed Klonopin to help with these conditions. It’s worked for 3 1/2 years and it’s better than Xanax with the panic attacks. I don’t feel anxious, my panic attacks are under control and taking klonopin, I feel normal. I felt different when I took Xanax klonopin is a lifesaver. I sleep well and rarely have a panic attack. I am grateful to my family doctor because I feel like a normal person again.”

Hannah December 26, 2019

For Panic Disorder: “My klonopin dose is a half a 0.5 mg pill in the morning it makes the panic so much worse I can barely leave the house or get through the day. By the mid afternoon I have to take the remaining half a pill. I used to take a whole pill twice a day then my Dr started reducing it. I am a mess I see her next week and if she reduces it again I'll be in the hospital and I have no insurance and divorced”

Jude · Taken for 10 years or more December 21, 2019

For Panic Disorder: “I have had anxiety and depression for many years. When I returned from service almost 50 years ago I had raging panic attacks and agoraphobia. I overcame the agoraphobia and panic attacks through talk therapy since the stelazine the clinic gave me made life a living nightmare. I still had anxiety and depression and about 20 years ago I was diagnosed with moderate to severe OCD. I have been treated with cognitive therapy, buproprion and Zoloft successfully. When I have very occasional anxiety that I am unable to control, I have 1mg Klonopin from my psychiatrist. It works every time. Oddly, I don't feel a calming effect. Instead I realize that I feel "normal." My experience with Klonopin has been positive probably because I take a dose very occasionally.”

Dad 32 December 16, 2019

For Panic Disorder: “I was dealing with financial struggles, marital problems and I couldn’t focus on making a plan to move forward. Klonopin/Clonazepam stopped my heart from racing 24/7 and I finally I could function. Klonopin + an antidepressant did it for me. I’ve never used meds before - if anxiety is getting the best of your life - this a good solution. Btw I stopped Clonazepam cold turkey for 6 weeks after 6 months of 3x0.5, sure my heart started racing a little again but went back on full dose, then after 2 months I cut down to just 0.25... so not everyone is affected by the addiction or withdrawal. For those who need this drug, it works miracles. Btw my doctor didn’t demand to down the dosage but anyone using meds should always listen to their body and keep to a minimum if possible”

rina · Taken for 10 years or more December 1, 2019

“I had severe anxiety and would shake. Was prescribed xanax and it just left me tired on top of my anxiety and shaking. Klonopin stopped my shaking and settled my racing thoughts. I was able to go to college, drive, stay in situations instead of leaving. It worked miracles for me!”

j dawg November 25, 2019

For Panic Disorder: “A doctor started me on klonopin for my anxiety following a crystal methamphetamine addiction. Started gradually at .50mgs. Eventually she felt the need to bump me up to 1mg 3x’s a day. It worked really well. The entire time I was taking it. One day I decided I didn’t need it anymore, and then boom withdrawals appeared. Some of the worst symptoms I’ve ever had. I had to go back to rehab to keep myself from having seizures. The recommended time to be in this med is 6 weeks. I was on it for two years.”

Eduardo · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 21, 2019

“This med virtually stopped a very irregular and dangerous sleep disorder causing me to jump out of bed, sleep walk and act out combative nightmares. (Severe REM Sleep Disorder) After injuries requiring 3 major surgeries incurred during sleep, this medicine may have very well saved me from even worse harm. Side effects when taken for sleep problems have been very minor.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more November 13, 2019

For Panic Disorder: “Have been taking klonopin for years. I take 0.5mg 4x daily. take 0, 2, or 4 a day and they seem to have no impact.”