User Reviews for Klonopin

Learn more about Klonopin.

Klonopin Rating Summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 37 medications used in the treatment of Panic Disorder.

Reviews for Klonopin to treat Panic Disorder

"This is an amazing medication for OCD and generalized anxiety. This medication has truthfully changed my life. If you are considering which benzo to take I strongly suggest this one because it does not make you feel "high" like xanax does or the weird blackouts that can come from xanax. Only thing to keep in mind is that there have been studies linking klonopin use with Alzheimer's and overall memory issues. Best of luck!"

Anonymous July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was told that I have Panic Disorder and Bipolar Disorder. After suffering horrible panic attacks from the withdrawals from Zoloft, I was given Klonopin to calm down. For once, everything felt normal. I was calm and collected after that. I've been on it ever since, I take every couple of days when I'm anxious along with Neurontin 300mg, 3 times a day. Definitely helps with the anxiety, I would recommend this to everyone."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Hello I have been on klonoin 0.50 and an antidepressant for 17 years it saved me from my panic attacks. A year ago I lost my husband tragicially he was only 38 and recently the antidepressants stopped working and I have just upped the klonopin to 1.5 mg to stop the attacks. I have tried 4 different antidepressants and they have done nothing but give me horrible side effects. Although klonopin is addicting it also has given me my life and help me get through the roughest time of my life."

milerose (taken for 10 years or more) June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been prescribed Klonopin as needed for 7 years. I take it once or twice a week. Klonopin is phenomenal for panic attacks. It is so wonderful that many people become physically dependent &/or addicted to it. Its relief lasts longer than Xanax & it is much smoother. It does not kick in as quickly as Xanax, but you can chew it or leave it under your tongue to kick in more quickly. Extreme self-discipline is strongly recommended when taking Klonopin or any other benzo. Klonopin should only be taken as a last resort to a panic attack. It is not supposed to be taken every day, & it is not supposed to be taken to escape every anxious situation."

lovelanadelrey (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was diagnosed with General Anxiety, Social Anxiety and panic attacks about 17 years ago. I was prescribed many different medicines, but what has worked BEST with my panic attacks and over all anxiety is Klonopin. I was prescribed 0.5 mg 3 times daily, it has been a God send. I do not go above my prescribed dosage and can take any time of day and stay right on track at work etc. I have been on this dosage for 7 years and it's made a huge difference in my quality of life. I will say that I ran out over a holiday weekend and couldn't get any more until the following Tuesday. 3 days without caused severe withdrawal symptoms, unable to sleep, watery mouth, dry heaves and clammy skin, it was awful. So don't miss dosage(s) & you'll be fine."

Bones66 June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Klonopin isn't to be used everyday for years on end. I take it for my panic attacks, AS NEEDED!! I don't take one everyday, or every other day, I even go a week without taking it. It should depend on your anxiety, not a doctor telling u to take it daily. And my doctor agrees with this method. I've been on it for about 3-4 months now and have no issues (as long as I don't have my attacks) when I don't take it for days or weeks. Also, I take 1mg for my attacks and I only take more if my anxiety doesn't calm down! Unless you can't leave your house without freaking out.. no one should be on 3-4 mgs a day. If this is you, I'd recommend a new doctor or maybe start looking into other preventative meds or natural therapies to help so you can stop it"

Ar1997 June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Great for anxiety. Not sure Had high enough dose. It not controlling my anxiety long enough to last till I take my scheduled dose. Taking 0.5 mg 3 x day."

Pappy76 (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Worked very well for my severe panic attacks. I've used this med as a crutch for a couple of weeks until Prozac levelled me out. My concern was the severe dependency issues that come with prolonged usage. I took it once a day in the evening for about three weeks, I felt like I was losing my sanity. Combination of Klonopin in the beginning and Prozac to level me out worked very well for me."

MattyV June 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After suffering crippling anxiety and panic attacks in 2006, this amazing med made me myself again. Not high, not loopy, not drowsy. Just me again. I took 0.5 mg twice a day for 6 months, then tapered down and off of it with no side effects or dependency issues. Back on again in 2014 during another bad patch for three months, same dosage. On both occasions, neither Xanax nor Ativan could even make a dent in my anxiety. I am so grateful to the makers of Klonopin and to the docs who prescribed it. It literally takes my quality of life from a 2 to a 10 in times of need."

901john (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I began taking klonopin when it first came on the market in the 80's. When nothing else would even touch it, klonopin stopped my severe anxiety and panic attacks completely within the first week. Klonopin gave me my life back. I never thought I would be anxiety and panic free but I was and still am. This drug continues to be a miracle for me. I was on 4 mgs a day when my panic/anxiety was at its worst, but I am now on a low maintenance dose of 0.5mgs 2x a day. It's not for everyone, but for those who benefit from it, it's a godsend. Don't be afraid to try it. It changed my life for the better. Hands down, a miracle drug for me."

MediaGuide2 May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Have spinal fusion surgery soon and I am a nervous wreck, seem to help but make me tired and unstable,can't drive take 1mg 3 times a day."

Daddyrat (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Very very effective drug. Better than diazepam, better than lorazepam. Long half life. This medication helped me stop drinking completely to mask my anxiety. I have chronic anxiety and sometimes can't go in stores. With clonazepam, when used responsibility, is my wonder drug. Been on 3 mg a day for 25 years. My doctor shuns on weaning me off, as this drug gave me my life back. It has helped me mend my relationships, I can go outside, and I don't feel like anyone's judging me. I take clonazepam with 40 mg propranolol a day and Seroquel at night. Who would have thought that I prescribed myself and my doctor agreed. Who ever made this benzo needs an award. Stay sober, don't do illicit drugs, take meds as instructed and again, don't drink! Thanks!"

Jamesdat123 May 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Have been taking Klonopin for nearly 20 years. At one point my doctor was prescribing 3mg per day. The past couple years I've been taking .25mg (1/4) mg per day. It has been very helpful in preventing panic attacks and reducing my anxiety in general. My only side effect has been mild drowsiness. My doctor has tried to help me go off this medication completely on 2 occasions. The 1st time I developed muscle spasms throughout my body including rapid heartbeat. The 2nd time I became unable to sleep and anxiety attacks resumed. Both times my dosage was decreased gradually over a period of 2 to 3 months after I'd been taking 1 mg per day. Since then, when my doctor suggested trying to ween me off it again I reminded him of the prior problems."

Tested in PA April 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I take zoloft and the mix was a nightmare!!! it made me more agitated than I normally am ever! beware!"

moonshadowing1 April 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was prescribed klonopin for my sleeping anxiety. I just have a fear I guess you would call it of going to sleep. My mind constantly races over really bad things and keeps me up all night. I can't fall asleep until I'm extremely drowsy. However, this is an anxiety medication so would I be ok to take during the day at work to calm my anxiety or will it knock me out like it does at night? Just curious that maybe since I have the mentality that I'm going to bed soon is why it makes me so drowsy as opposed to being up and busy at work. I get overwhelmed with anxiety at work sometimes and have nothing to help with it."

CW2 April 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is a medicine my son is using/abusing. It is highly addictive. I see no benefits for long term use. Even after 90 day rehab he went straight back to his doctor and lied about the nature of his treatment and got a new supply. He basically sleep walks through the day. Before this he never used anything stronger than asprin."

Step-dad9 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Clonazepam is helping me"

Gioantonnello April 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking this pill for over 30 years, one pill a day , never had problem with my panic attacks again, not addicting for me !"

NYBULLETS (taken for 10 years or more) February 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on 2mg twice a day for over 14 years now. My dosage has never gone up and I feel it really helps keep my panic disorder in check. Sometimes I skip a dose and don't even notice it. I have had trouble with doctors wanting to take me off the medication and essentially play with my medications. However, my response is always "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I do recommend that anyone that is on this medication have a physician to monitor you on a regular basis. If you find yourself taking more than prescribed, please notify your doctor."

Mel76 January 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started having panic attacks at age 26, I'm now 56. Those were the worst things a person could go thru. My first shrink in 86 put me on Haldol. Oh my God, that was horrible. I was on different medications until 1994 when I got on klonopin. That pill is a miracle drug. I don't have to take it everyday anymore but I always carry it with me in my purse just in case. I do take other meds for depression and they also help but nothing like klonopin. Because I hear it can contribute to Alzheimer's I try not to take it daily. That's all I need ontop of my other mental problems. I would advise anyone to take klonopin for major panic attacks but try not to take a lot of it for long periods. Maybe in conjunction with something else u can take less."

Happily ever after.. September 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I checked myself into a mental hospital in 2011 and was put on this three times a day. I was eventually cut down to as needed and it's still wonderful. Kpin (as I call it) curbs the panicky feelings within minutes and I sleep so well that it's sometimes hard to get out of bed in the morning! Thank you, Roche--your little yellow pill is fantastic!"

Novelista (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had my ovaries removed (out-patient) 5 years ago at age 41. Next day (never fell asleep) I had paralyzing fear, but had no idea why. My husband took me to the ER where my heart rate was 173! I was in the hospital for a week; 3 days no sleep. I was given Klonopin; it was AMAZING! I had been admitted for my first ever panic attack! After leaving the hospital I continued having insomnia and panic attacks. My GP now prescribes 0.5 mg as needed. I have a bottle in my purse and by my bed. I only take HALF a pill, ONLY WHEN NEEDED; and RARELY do I take the other half 30 min later. Just knowing I have a med that works on hand reduced # of attacks. When used RESPONSIBLY, Klonopin is a LIFESAVER! Never take more of any med than you actually need!"

admichelle (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Hi my name's Matt and I would like to share with you my experience of Klonopin 6 years ago I went through what I think was a dramatic life-changing event for me me and my wife work separating for good and everything started falling apart I started to lose weight get out of breath fast then one day I started to have bad thoughts thoughts to hurt myself others even my own family I spent many sleepless nights on the couch for two months I stayed there wanting to die waiting to die then finally one day I got up and went to see a psychiatrist I explained to him he put me on Klonopin after a few yrs I noticed I started having short term memory loss I am currently weaning myself off but it's very hard anyone else experience this"

Matt1987 July 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been suffering from panic attacks since 2008. One day I was just chatting on the phone with a friend when out of nowhere I felt like there was an elephant sit on my chest, meaning to say that i was experiencing chest tightness. Then I started breathing faster and I didn't know then what I know now, that that fast breathing is called hyperventilation. Then that symptom led to my heart beat going faster and then that led to me feeling like i was losing control and I had to have a friend take me to the ER which was down the street but it felt like it took me hours to get there. Time really slows down during these attacks, and life just seems so unbearable. Anyway, doc put me on .05mg Klonopin in 2008 and it has worked wonders since."

PokemonPlayTime July 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My doctor began prescribing klonapin1 mg 3 times a day when I was 23 years old to help treat anxiety and sleep disorders. I took the xanax for 11 years and it did help my symptoms although I did build up a tolerance pretty fast but kept at same dose. But when my doctor retired and a new doctor took over his practice I was abruptly discontinued the xanax. This was a dangerous thing to do. I began to go into withdrawals within one day without the xanax. The withdrawals were excruciating and lasted for weeks. I was in constant extreme anxiety. Sleep was nearly totally absent for more than two weeks. My thoughts started to become almost to the point of psychosis which also lasted for weeks. So never abruptly stop benzos unless medically supervi"

Donnie Don (taken for 10 years or more) June 16, 2016