User Reviews for Nature-Throid

Nature-Throid has an average rating of 6.9 out of 10 from a total of 68 ratings on Drugs.com. 62% of those users who reviewed Nature-Throid reported a positive effect, while 29% reported a negative effect.

Underactive Thyroid
Thyroid Cancer
Summary of Nature-Throid reviews 6.9 68 reviews

Reviews for Nature-Throid

AKtreasure · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 10, 2021

For Underactive Thyroid: “I have been taking Nature-Throid for 7 years. I had trouble with availability a couple years ago but rode it out. That incident lasted several months of only being allotted 15-30 pills at a time. This past recall was such an issue. I basically turned in my recalled product and NEVER got reimbursed from RLC labs or my pharmacy. I'm very upset about it and have contacted both multiple times to no avail. And my doctor was just adjusting my doses when I had to switch and basically redo all my labs after weeks of being on NP-thyroid. My doctor did prefer Nature-Throid because their increments allowed for more specific dosing. So with NP-Thyroid I have had to cut some pills in half but to me that is worth the extra effort. I also found out my insurance will pay for NP-Thyroid vs. Nature-Throid for which I was paying out of pocket. I will never go back. I honestly do not notice a difference between the two. I just need a reliable company.”

JK · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 20, 2020

For Underactive Thyroid: “I’ve been on Nature Throid for the last 3 years and never had any issues. When the recall recently happened, my doctor put me on Armour. Within 3-5 days I started waking up with a headache that didn’t go away all day, unless I look something for it. I was nauseous and anxious that something was suddenly wrong. This happened like clockwork every morning. It was relentless. It took me about 10 days to realize it might be the new dose of Armour. I stopped taking it and within 24 to 48 hours the headaches and nausea were gone. I’m not sure if it was the inactive ingredients that I was reacting so badly to, but I can confidently say I had bad side effects on Armour and hope Nature Throid becomes available soon. Wanted to share my experience in case anyone else is going through something similar.”

MissLeopard83 · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 18, 2020

For Underactive Thyroid: “Today, I suddenly found out that Nature-Throid medication has been recalled and is no longer available. I've been on it for over a year. However, after reading about the recall, it makes me wonder how long the subpotency has actually occurred because my last TSH values in Feb 2020 were higher than they have been in a long time. I have a lot of symptoms of hypo: constipation, hair loss, brittle nails, fatigue, brain fog, dry skin, etc. However, when my doctor tried to up the dose to the next highest, I had horrible heart palpitations. I'm scared and concerned because I have so many allergies and intolerances. This medication contained no excipients that caused me issues. The only one available like it is Tirosint, which only contains T4. My doctor called it in and it's not covered by insurance so I have to go thru a specialty pharmacy. I am so angry.”

undine July 15, 2013

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “After decades on Levothyroxine I was starting to feel really unwell: tiredness, memory lapses, hot flashes, inability to cope with hot weather, sleeping badly, verbal diarrhea, impulsive behavior, mental fog and constant pressure which made me want to jump out of my skin. Got very isolated and depressed, lost all creativity and felt I was barely existing. The changeover was very smooth and problem free. Two days after I started my eyesight seemed to improve drastically, as though a dirty filter had been removed. On day 5 I felt totally at peace. Mentally, physically and emotionally it was like going from monochrome to full spectrum HD. Lots of energy, no hot flashes or mental fog, sleeping well. I've got my life back!”

Rrrrrraquelie September 26, 2015

For Underactive Thyroid: “Was on synthroid for a year and noticed zero improvement. Got off it for a few years then started again and developed angina like chest pain out of nowhere when exercising. I felt tired and miserable as always. Begged my doc to Rx naturethyroid. After being on it 3 months I realize how much better I feel. No more waking up feeling like crap, no more muscle aches, no more fatigue. Headaches have improved drastically. More energy to work out. No puffy creased eyes when I wake up in the morning. Appetite is good again and I can eat what I want again while maintaining my weight just fine. I am 5,8" and 135 lbs and only exercise twice a week but am able to eat 2000 calories a day, sometimes more, and have gained no weight. Just like old times!”

lotusone2000 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 22, 2013

For Underactive Thyroid: “This medicine has changed my life. After 3 courses of Levaquin for MRSA after surgery last summer I thought that the extreme fatigue, muscle pain, mental fog and joint pain that I've had were just part of aging, I'm 61, or side effects of the antibiotic. My TSH levels were in normal range, but my Naturopath saw that the free T-3 and T-4 were very low. We started Nature-Throid in late July and by August,I was starting to feel human again. It's GREAT.”

Raquella December 16, 2016

For Underactive Thyroid: “This medication changed my life. I was diagnosed with subclinical hypothyroidism years ago and for five years I was on levothyroxine. Despite taking it every day as recommended, I experienced no difference in my extreme fatigue, muscle aches, and constipation. I was sleeping all the time. Exercise was a nightmare. No longer the energetic person I used to be. I basically wrote that off as my baseline. Then I started reading about different hypothyroidism treatments and beg my doctor to put me on Naturthroid. I now feel exactly how I am meant to - boundless energy when I get up in the morning at all throughout the day, and as a result, my mood has dramatically improved.”

Farmer T. · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 10, 2015

For Hashimoto's disease: “After being on Synthroid for years, I went to a wellness clinic and was put on Nature-Throid. I cannot believe the difference it made in my life. I finally have my life back! The head fog is gone, my energy level is back and the depression has subsided also. The only thing Synthroid did for me is change the numbers on my thyroid blood test, nothing else. I would NEVER take Synthroid again.”

Mammy6 · Taken for 10 years or more February 26, 2019

For Hashimoto's disease: “I have used Naturethroid for 15+ years very successfully....that is until the "Great Back Order of 2017". I scrambled and panicked and found enough at other pharmacies until it came back in early 2018. My question is: WHAT DID THEY DO TO IT???? Hypothyroid symptoms returned with a vengance, I have gained 30 lbs since last January, have lost nearly all of my eyebrows, ache all over in my joints and muscles, can't think clearly half the time and on and on and on....it's so hard to have fallen into this hole, and the sad part is no one has any answers. Now Naturethroid is on backorder again...but who cares... it doesn't work anyway. Run don't walk in the other direction from this defective thyroid hormone (or whatever it is).”

DeeCee2112 · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 22, 2014

For Hashimoto's disease: “I was on Synthroid or levothyroxine for over 20 years. Never ever worked. I lost my business because I was so exhausted and brain fogged. I finally switched to Nature-Throid. What a wonderful difference. Back in business and feeling great.”

Sa gun · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 28, 2015

For Hashimoto's disease: “Ditto all the positives written by other reviewers. I don't understand why it was nearly impossible to get the clinic to prescribe.... I was so miserable on synthroid which I struggled with for 8 mo...with worries of health issues growing. I quit. And for the next six years at every doctor appt. I flat out refused synthroid. I think one of the 20 plus fillers was the issue. Doing my own research I begin requesting Nature Thyroid. Was told the clinic only prescribed synthroid. 16 months ago I won! And have been happy since on NT. UNBELIEVABLE then when I moved and my new doc in different state suggested I change. No way. I'm very happy with Nature Thyroid and think the medical profession is 75 years behind the times.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 11, 2015

For Hashimoto's disease: “My experience with Nature Throid has been very positive from the very first dose. Increased energy was immediately noticed. After 6 months of continuous use, I began to lose weight. The shoulder and neck pain associated with my thyroid disorder decreased tremendously. NatureThroid alone is not enough. I must take vitamin and mineral supplements to further lessen my symptoms as well as avoid certain foods and drinks.”

Teppie April 19, 2017

For Underactive Thyroid: “I have been on Levothyroxine for over 20 years, I had normal levels for years on my meds yet felt like crap! No energy, severe Joint pain almost debilitating at times, weight gain, hair loss, dry skin, trouble sleeping.. I begged my Doctor to change my meds. She switched me to Nature-Throid and only after a week, I feel so much better joint pain is almost totally gone along with feeling way more energy. I can not wait to see what I feel like a month from now, I feel like I've gotten my life back!”

danaleann January 4, 2012

For Hashimoto's disease: “I have been taking Nature-throid for more than a year now and find it simply outstanding. I have had no allergic reaction, that I am aware of, as I had with Armour brand and synthetic thyroid (a rash). My blood test results have been quite stable. I have been able to stay on the same dose, 32.5MG, and now enjoy the peace of mind of simply taking the pill (which I crush with my teeth and allow to dissolve sublingually) and get on with my life. I should note that over the past several years I have made significant changes such as eliminating dairy, egg, and gluten from my diet, which I feel has greatly complemented any pharmaceutical benefit. An outstanding medication, Nature-throid has helped me restore vitality to my life.”

Anonymous September 27, 2010

For Underactive Thyroid: “I had several side effects from Synthroid that I thought I just had to try and live with in order to treat my hypothyroidism. After starting Nature-Throid, the side effects were gone and I noticed an improvement with all of my symptoms. Today, I feel the best I have felt in 20 years. The difference is truly amazing to me. I didn't think I had any other options until Nature-Throid was suggested, I am so thankful for this medicine.”

Rujo33 January 23, 2019

For Underactive Thyroid: “I had horrible fatigue and muscle cramping, and was diagnosed with Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). I have been sick for 20 years & tried various thyroid medicines over the years and they would make my hormone levels too high, but not help me at all. I took this because some Dr's think this disease is caused by thyroid resistance . I was at my worst ever and very weak. Both my leg and arm muscles ached with no activity at all after minor exercise . I would be bed ridden & more sore. I talked my Dr into giving me a trial of Thyroid again as my "FREE" Thyroid was low in the range & close to abnormal. He prescribed Nature Thyroid. Thank goodness. It is like a miracle for me after over two decades of trying everything under the sun and spending a small fortune. I am so afraid that my new Dr will take me off it & it has been unavailable at times at my pharmacy. My muscles don't hurt at all, I have much more energy, I am not short of breath & I feel much stronger, too. My foggy head is gone. It works absolute wonders on me.”

Żmijka · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 14, 2019

For Hashimoto's disease: “Nature throid production is bad, batches doses don't seem to be accurate, are some diluted aka without any hormone. This medication should be off the shelf, it’s a hoax. The company should be liable!”

jody · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 29, 2019

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “I had RAI (antibodies for Graves and Hashimoto's). It worked for me until they recently retooled the plant. I'm not sure why there is a change in the product, but I've had a dramatic drop in T3 / T4 blood test. Below the lowest number acceptable. I ache all over. My hair is dry and brittle. I have put on 20 pounds over the last few months. I am so tired! Why did they change something that worked?”

LindaPB · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 29, 2016

For Underactive Thyroid: “I had been on Armour thyroid for about 15 years and always felt good. Somehow the formula must have changed when Forest Labs was bought out although the new company denies that. I started feeling really jumpy and couldn't get my numbers right. I've been on Nature-Throid for about seven weeks. It took some time to adjust but now I feel much better. I've read that they don't use the fillers Armour does.”

Jameyrenee June 1, 2010

For Hashimoto's disease: “I was on Synthroid and Cytomel for many years but my symptoms were never alleviated until I started Nature-Throid. I'm most pleased that my depression and foggy headiness were gone shortly after starting it. I continue to see improvements in my energy levels and weight loss.”

CMS · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 14, 2019

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “I, too, have experienced various hypo symptoms since the back order of 2017: dry hair, hair breakage and hair loss, weight gain, muscular aches and pains, and depression. The company says that nothing has changed, but I disagree. I tried posting on RLC labs site, and they blocked me from posting. That says it all! I found out, from someone who has done a lot of research, that the FDA has made RLC change the formula to call it a "drug", and I also found out that one of the ingredients is propylene glycol, a derivative of anti-freeze. I am not quite sure about that, though. I do know that whatever they did since the recall has caused problems for many, many people. I am now going to try a compounding pharmacy who will make up a pill with the same ratio of T3 T4 with only one filler, microcrystalline cellulose. Hopefully, this will finally help me feel better!”

Deans odd September 15, 2016

For Underactive Thyroid: “I was on levo first for about 3 months. Blood test came back with good numbers. Only I still felt like crap. Doc changed me to nature throid . I felt sooooo much better. I needed the T3 ( levo was not converting the T4 ) I take 195 mg a day. 2 pills in morning. 1 mid day ... My insurance does not cover. But $40 gets me a 3 month supply”

T September 11, 2020

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “My best med is recalled, pharmacy has none. ): I was on Synthroid after my radiation (due to a thyroid storm months earlier) and original endocrinologist refused NTDs though my labs showed I wasn't getting T3 conversion, and the endo didn't want to "take chances" (of me feeling good). But I finally found a doc this year who PUT ME ON Nature Throid these last 8 months I haven't felt this good, this NORMAL, since that awful radiation (please never do that, ever!). But today BOOM: recalled! NT was so good. I started with 1 grain and immediately (that night!) felt 100% better! Went a month on that, and new labs showed I needed 2 grains. I got the 120mg or whatever 2 grains is, and felt even MORE like myself! I've gotten so much done; I'm healthier (even with COVID going around)... but I couldn't refill NT because of a RECALL! I have a replacement (NP Thyroid —ugh, it sounds awful) so I pray in the Most Holy Name of Jesus we get Nature Thyroid BACK. Soon! PLEASE!”

Lisette M. February 2, 2015

For Thyroid Cancer: “NatureThroid seriously changed my life! I did so terrible on Synthroid; I was gaining weight despite the fact that I was working out and eating well, loosing my hair, major brain fog and headaches with aura and joint pain. I feel awesome on NatureThroid and am loosing weight even.”

HJB · Taken for 10 years or more February 25, 2019

For Hashimoto's disease: “Its time to stop using this companies products. They can't seem to get it together at the new facility and patients are scrambling trying to get Rx filled. Time to switch back to Armour. I have left messages on the companies website last July and today. My message from July was ignored.”

KB13 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 22, 2019

For Underactive Thyroid: “I started taking Nature-Thyroid one year ago for my hypothyroidism. Since then my afternoon dip in energy has improved; however have experienced another troublesome side effect. I've lost a lot of hair, and I didn't have much to begin with. Also, my eyebrows are disappearing.”

AmyPope March 3, 2017

For Underactive Thyroid: “Nature Throid was a disaster for me. I was trying to switch from Armour Thyroid (since it was getting pricey), and had been taking NT for only about a week. They dosage differences were a little tricky, but from the major crash I experienced, you'd think I was taking a placebo. It was as if my body rejected it outright. Much as I hate having to take a more expensive medicine, my doctor advised that I go back to Armour, at least for now.”

T-Poppins · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 9, 2019

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “I have taken levothyroxine as well as Armour and felt completely run down on both. More so on the Levo. I moved to Nature Throid from Levo about 2 years ago and really started to get my energy back. Last year there was a shortage on NatureThroid and I had to go to Armour, back to feeling like I couldn't lift my head off the pillow. Thankfully Nature is back in stock and I am doing much better. Hopefully this will help others who may be struggling with their current meds.”