User Reviews for Nature-Throid

Learn more about Nature-Throid.

Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal 4 reviews 26 medications

Thyroid Cancer 3 reviews 17 medications

Hashimoto's disease 17 reviews 24 medications

7.7
Underactive Thyroid 15 reviews 32 medications

7.1
Summary of Nature-Throid reviews 39 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Nature-Throid

For Hashimoto's disease "I was on synthroid it drove me bonkers and took out my hair. I cut out gluten and changed my diet. It all works hand in hand one but, nature-throid changed my health completely around. "

Anonymous July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hashimoto's disease "I was suffering with un-diagnosed thyroid disease for many years and ultimately was Hasimotos disease. I had multiple nodules INSIDE my thyriod gland and a big tumor OUTSIDE my gland that seemed to be running my chemistry in my body! Surgery was not an option, so I was put on Nature-Throid, cut ALL gluten out of my diet, and in three months my thyroid blood levels were perfect and the majority of my nodules were gone. My tumor was totally gone! At first I went on an extreme diet; very similar to Adkins. I have stayed on that, but do have chocolate and natural chips when I want. I consider myself cured...thank-you Jesus!"

GratefulFreya May 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Underactive Thyroid "I have been on Levothyroxine for over 20 years, I had normal levels for years on my meds yet felt like crap! No energy, severe Joint pain almost debilitating at times, weight gain, hair loss, dry skin, trouble sleeping.. I begged my Doctor to change my meds. She switched me to Nature-Throid and only after a week, I feel so much better joint pain is almost totally gone along with feeling way more energy. I can not wait to see what I feel like a month from now, I feel like I've gotten my life back!"

Teppie April 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Underactive Thyroid "Was on the lowest dose for twelve days and experienced chest pains shortness of breath. Sore boobs early period and muscle weakness..... This drug is great for certain people but if you are borderline hypo like I am I would watch your symptoms closely. Everyone is different though."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Underactive Thyroid "Nature Throid was a disaster for me. I was trying to switch from Armour Thyroid (since it was getting pricey), and had been taking NT for only about a week. They dosage differences were a little tricky, but from the major crash I experienced, you'd think I was taking a placebo. It was as if my body rejected it outright. Much as I hate having to take a more expensive medicine, my doctor advised that I go back to Armour, at least for now."

AmyPope March 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Underactive Thyroid "This medication did not work for me."

bluejeansgirl1980 March 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Underactive Thyroid "do not take this medicine without the supervision of an endroconologist. It was NOT for me"

grAMMy b January 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Underactive Thyroid "works better than armour thyroid"

gswift January 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Underactive Thyroid "This medication changed my life. I was diagnosed with subclinical hypothyroidism years ago and for five years I was on levothyroxine. Despite taking it every day as recommended, I experienced no difference in my extreme fatigue, muscle aches, and constipation. I was sleeping all the time. Exercise was a nightmare. No longer the energetic person I used to be. I basically wrote that off as my baseline. Then I started reading about different hypothyroidism treatments and beg my doctor to put me on Naturthroid. I now feel exactly how I am meant to - boundless energy when I get up in the morning at all throughout the day, and as a result, my mood has dramatically improved."

Raquella December 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Underactive Thyroid "VERY bad heart intolerance."

Gimma VERY (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "Desiccated thyroid is the only replacement that lets me love a normal, healthy life post-thyroidectomy. I spent a year on Levothyroxine and was utterly and completely miserable and barely functioning physically and cognitively. Desiccated thyroid literally gave me my life back. I took Armour Thyroid for 15 years without issue but they have recently tripled the price, so I switched to Nature-Throid. It is equally as excellent and I'm very happy with it. Can't recommend it enough. I'm in the U.K. Though and we still get ripped off here with regard to all desiccated thyroid drugs as they aren't considered licensed medications, which means I have to pay out of pocket. Worth it though."

Sianita October 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hashimoto's disease "I was on levothyroxine for over 30 years. This past year i felt like I had been hit by a bus when I woke up in the morning. No energy to do anything, aches and pains in hips, legs and shoulders. I went to my doc and asked her to change my medication to Nature Throid after hearing about it from a friend who has Hoshimoto's. Thankfully my doc agreed and after a few days, my energy was back, the aches and pain are gone. I finally feel human again. I had no side effects. I wish this drug was available years ago. My levo was expensive for a 90 day supply with insurance ($40), now it is only $17 for the same 90 day supply of Nature-Throid."

longtime user of levo September 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Underactive Thyroid "I was on levo first for about 3 months. Blood test came back with good numbers. Only I still felt like crap. Doc changed me to nature throid . I felt sooooo much better. I needed the T3 ( levo was not converting the T4 ) I take 195 mg a day. 2 pills in morning. 1 mid day ... My insurance does not cover. But $40 gets me a 3 month supply"

Deans odd September 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hashimoto's disease "I was diagnosed 9yrs ago as being Hypo. About 2 yrs ago they diagnosed me with Hashi's. I started out on Levothyroxine, soon realized I couldn't take generic. Switched to Synthroid. My levels were consistently off every time I went to get labs done. Kept upping the meds. I asked to switch to Armour...was on that for about 9mo. Just recently got my results back. My TPO was a 289...supposed to be below a 34. TSH was a 37.590 supposed to be between 0.450-4.500. My doc is pretty much baffled by these results. Since I have been taking thyroid meds for 9 yrs. She switched me to Nature-throid and I've been taking it for about 7 days now. I'm on 195mg. I'm praying these meds work."

HJJGA August 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Underactive Thyroid "I had been on Armour thyroid for about 15 years and always felt good. Somehow the formula must have changed when Forest Labs was bought out although the new company denies that. I started feeling really jumpy and couldn't get my numbers right. I've been on Nature-Throid for about seven weeks. It took some time to adjust but now I feel much better. I've read that they don't use the fillers Armour does."

LindaPB (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hashimoto's disease "I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's in November. My peroxidase antibody was measured at 10 in a reference of 1-59. I asked my doctor to put me on Naturethroud after I could not take synthroid. Synthroid makes my eye twitch constantly. I also went to an autoimmune paleo diet. I really liked the naturethroid. At first. I lost weight, I felt better. Then something started happening. My hips and shoulders got so stiff that I could barely move. They hurt so bad. I also noticed that a vein on my forehead. I began to also get pinpoint headaches. It just kept getting worse. I went to my doctor and he gave me prednisone shots in my right hip and shoulder. I asked him to switch me to WP thyroid. I was allergic to a filler in the Naturthroid."

Loren M June 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hashimoto's disease "Losing weight slowly, full head of hair grown back, eyebrows back, sleeping much better, and skin conditions calming down."

Fordy May 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "I had 1/2 of my thyroid removed. The synthroid and levothroid left a taste of aluminum in my mouth. I was nauseous and fatigued. I asked my dr. for armour, but my insurance didn't cover that so he prescribed nature-throid. I love it. I thought it didn't work at first. I thought that you could eat with it, but come to find out, you have to take it 30 min before or 2 hrs. after you eat. I take it on an empty stomach with a full glass of water and have no problems at all. Very good medicine. 65 mg for me. My insurance just sent a notice they won't cover it any more, but I will protest it or pay out of pocket. I cannot do the synthroid or Levathroid....never."

mystlgrl (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hashimoto's disease "I took one 16.5 NP pill and three hrs later I had the worst diahrea and vomited ever. I had been on Armour 30 mcg for a month with stomach pains and diahrea and it was getting worse every day so switched to NP. Now I'm on Levothrroxine 30 mcg and feeling better. I'm researching Tirosint and Cyptomel as the have minimal ingredients ie no gluten which is a big no no for us Hashimlto gals. Good luck to all of finding a good doctor and the right medication for you."

Stellie March 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hashimoto's disease "Took Naturethroid successfully for 3 years, 32mcg/day. Developed Hashimotos with a small thyroid nodule. Increased dosage by 16.25 mg 2x/ week. Dr did not do a follow-up check on serum T3 levels. Toxicity after only 6 months - weak, lung tightness - faint, developed food allergies very quickly. Scary experience which has lingering effects 1 month later. Switched Tirosint which has no fillers &T4 only. Working ok so far."

×xx January 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Thyroid Cancer "Started on Levo/Synthroid after surgery a year ago. Had lots of leg pains and just didn't feel good. Then tried Armour - better but still didn't feel right and still had leg pains. Now I am on Nature's Thyroid - feel much better and no leg pains. I have increased to 2 grains started at 1 and 1/4. Feel more like my old self. I was starting to get really depressed thinking this was my life now always feeling subpar. I even regretted surgery and remnant ablation . I hope this continues but for anyone who has absolutely no thyroid I recommend you take something that more mirrors your body's natural thyroid. Your thyroid does so much more for your body than you realize. A synthetic T4 only product is not going to cut it in the long run for us."

KA7894766 October 29, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hashimoto's disease "No side effects. Was clenching teeth on Synthroid. Very pleased with Nature-throid. $21 without insurance. Happy"

Brenda N (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Underactive Thyroid "Was on synthroid for a year and noticed zero improvement. Got off it for a few years then started again and developed angina like chest pain out of nowhere when exercising. I felt tired and miserable as always. Begged my doc to Rx naturethyroid. After being on it 3 months I realize how much better I feel. No more waking up feeling like crap, no more muscle aches, no more fatigue. Headaches have improved drastically. More energy to work out. No puffy creased eyes when I wake up in the morning. Appetite is good again and I can eat what I want again while maintaining my weight just fine. I am 5,8" and 135 lbs and only exercise twice a week but am able to eat 2000 calories a day, sometimes more, and have gained no weight. Just like old times!"

Rrrrrraquelie September 26, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hashimoto's disease "Ditto all the positives written by other reviewers. I don't understand why it was nearly impossible to get the clinic to prescribe.... I was so miserable on synthroid which I struggled with for 8 mo...with worries of health issues growing. I quit. And for the next six years at every doctor appt. I flat out refused synthroid. I think one of the 20 plus fillers was the issue. Doing my own research I begin requesting Nature Thyroid. Was told the clinic only prescribed synthroid. 16 months ago I won! And have been happy since on NT. UNBELIEVABLE then when I moved and my new doc in different state suggested I change. No way. I'm very happy with Nature Thyroid and think the medical profession is 75 years behind the times."

Sa gun (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 28, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hashimoto's disease "After being on Synthroid for years, I went to a wellness clinic and was put on Nature-Throid. I cannot believe the difference it made in my life. I finally have my life back! The head fog is gone, my energy level is back and the depression has subsided also. The only thing Synthroid did for me is change the numbers on my thyroid blood test, nothing else. I would NEVER take Synthroid again."

Farmer T. (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 10, 2015