User Reviews for Nature-Throid

Underactive Thyroid 6.5
Summary of Nature-Throid reviews 7.0 63 reviews

Reviews for Nature-Throid

Bambi · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 2, 2020

For Underactive Thyroid: “I was on Synthroid for approximately 15 years. Along with cytomel for T3. Out of no where after 15 years I started gaining weight. About 20 lbs over 2 years. I had to beg but I got the dr to prescribe np thyroid. Lost 10 lbs immediately. Decided to try nature throid first 85 then 97.5 and lost another 10 lbs I’m 5’10 and went from 155 to 135. Synthroid obviously stopped working. I was eating nothing and exercising and still not losing. Now I’m eating a ton and losing weight. Natural dissicated thyroid NDTs are the way to go! Amazing ! Also nature throid has no fillers or chemicals. There was some adjustment time with diarrhea and getting tsh right.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 14, 2020

For Hashimoto's disease: “Been taking Nature Throid (48.75 mg) for about 2 years now, and feel great as longs I also sleep well, manage my stress, and stay mostly on the Autoimmune paleo diet. Have been playing around with diet and lifestyle, and if I eat certain things, I notice a rise in TSH, as well as symptoms (brain fog, low energy, and weight gain). I checked it by sticking to the AIP diet for 3 months and my TSH went to normal range and I felt normal. It’s not ideal, but worth it to feel good. Also always take meds on empty stomach in the am.”

bj · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 19, 2020

For Hashimoto's disease: “A few weeks after starting Nature throid I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, very suddenly. I am currently researching this to see if there is any connection. I had osteo arthritis all my adult life, but now it's much more serious. If you have had this happen, or know someone who has, I would like to know.”

sam February 9, 2020

For Underactive Thyroid: “The newest lab tests show that my thyroid is way OFF and I feel like something is gone wrong, starting last few years. when I try to meditate/rest and every cell in my body is screaming at me THAT SOMETHING IS WRONG. So after a dozen Dr. and lab tests, I changed MD. and changing off nature-thyroid. Email from 2017 regarding the issues I was having with my prescription for my Throid. Nov 25, 2017,  got one new bottle of RLC nature-throid, and I had some of the OLDER RLC  nature-throid from Rite Aid leftover and enough that  I can taste a difference between the new bottle and the previous bottle from RCL lab. I have been double-checking this for a week and noticing  a difference: - noticed I have uncomfortable brain fog.- lower energy. was taking it as prescribed, 130 mg. I called RLC LAB and they changed to robots and had troubles.”

jody · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 29, 2019

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “I had RAI (antibodies for Graves and Hashimoto's). It worked for me until they recently retooled the plant. I'm not sure why there is a change in the product, but I've had a dramatic drop in T3 / T4 blood test. Below the lowest number acceptable. I ache all over. My hair is dry and brittle. I have put on 20 pounds over the last few months. I am so tired! Why did they change something that worked?”

Matty October 14, 2019

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “I've been taking NT for several years. I feel great on it and did not have weight gain or hair loss. I switched to it after Armour changed it formula and never looked back.”

Jess · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 8, 2019

For Underactive Thyroid: “I gave it 4 stars because I did start to feel better on this medication. I started getting some energy back and felt pretty good. However the energy boost was not worth the hair loss and weight gain it caused! I really wish I would not have taken it at all!!”

Gi August 14, 2019

For Underactive Thyroid: “I've been taking it for a few days but it makes me feel worse than before, even more tired, no energy at all. I thought I was going to feel better. Some people say they lost a lot of hair.”

Linda · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 4, 2019

For Underactive Thyroid: “I have been on Levothyroxine for over 20 years. My friend encouraged me to try Nature-Throid. Found a doctor who wrote the prescription. The dosage he prescribed was 1 1/2 gains of Nature Throid. I was on 100 mcg of Levothyroxine. I started to feel bad and had heart palpitations. I went on line and found a conversion chart. It said 1 gain of Nature Throid equals 100mcg of Levothyroxine. I cut my doseage to 1 grain. I must admit my joint no longer hurt. I’ve lost weight. However, I continue to have palpitations. My heart rate went up to 113 and blood pressure increased. I have been on it for 3 months. Regretfully must go back on Levothyroxine. My heart is more important!!”

Tammy · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 12, 2019

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “I've been on various thyroid replacement hormone therapy. I find that products that are natural works Armour Thyroid and Nature Thyroid. Both are equally the same for me. It would be nice if my dosage could stay the same but since surgery I find my dosage switching to lower or higher depending on my stress levels and whenever I lose or gain weight. Both affect my reaction to the medication but I guess that's a part of life. I just wish one pill and one dose fit no matter what. I give this medicine a 9 because it's more expensive and hard to find.”

T-Poppins · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 9, 2019

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “I have taken levothyroxine as well as Armour and felt completely run down on both. More so on the Levo. I moved to Nature Throid from Levo about 2 years ago and really started to get my energy back. Last year there was a shortage on NatureThroid and I had to go to Armour, back to feeling like I couldn't lift my head off the pillow. Thankfully Nature is back in stock and I am doing much better. Hopefully this will help others who may be struggling with their current meds.”

CMS · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 14, 2019

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “I, too, have experienced various hypo symptoms since the back order of 2017: dry hair, hair breakage and hair loss, weight gain, muscular aches and pains, and depression. The company says that nothing has changed, but I disagree. I tried posting on RLC labs site, and they blocked me from posting. That says it all! I found out, from someone who has done a lot of research, that the FDA has made RLC change the formula to call it a "drug", and I also found out that one of the ingredients is propylene glycol, a derivative of anti-freeze. I am not quite sure about that, though. I do know that whatever they did since the recall has caused problems for many, many people. I am now going to try a compounding pharmacy who will make up a pill with the same ratio of T3 T4 with only one filler, microcrystalline cellulose. Hopefully, this will finally help me feel better!”

KB13 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 22, 2019

For Underactive Thyroid: “I started taking Nature-Thyroid one year ago for my hypothyroidism. Since then my afternoon dip in energy has improved; however have experienced another troublesome side effect. I've lost a lot of hair, and I didn't have much to begin with. Also, my eyebrows are disappearing.”

Żmijka · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 14, 2019

For Hashimoto's disease: “Nature throid production is bad, batches doses don't seem to be accurate, are some diluted aka without any hormone. This medication should be off the shelf, it’s a hoax. The company should be liable!”

Mammy6 · Taken for 10 years or more February 26, 2019

For Hashimoto's disease: “I have used Naturethroid for 15+ years very successfully....that is until the "Great Back Order of 2017". I scrambled and panicked and found enough at other pharmacies until it came back in early 2018. My question is: WHAT DID THEY DO TO IT???? Hypothyroid symptoms returned with a vengance, I have gained 30 lbs since last January, have lost nearly all of my eyebrows, ache all over in my joints and muscles, can't think clearly half the time and on and on and on....it's so hard to have fallen into this hole, and the sad part is no one has any answers. Now Naturethroid is on backorder again...but who cares... it doesn't work anyway. Run don't walk in the other direction from this defective thyroid hormone (or whatever it is).”

HJB · Taken for 10 years or more February 25, 2019

For Hashimoto's disease: “Its time to stop using this companies products. They can't seem to get it together at the new facility and patients are scrambling trying to get Rx filled. Time to switch back to Armour. I have left messages on the companies website last July and today. My message from July was ignored.”

Firefly · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 18, 2019

For Thyroid Cancer: “I have Hashimoto's and Thyroid Cancer. I've been doing well on it for many years until my refill in November 2017. I started my new bottle one morning and somewhat immediately I started having weird chest pains and felt sick. I then checked the pills and they were NOTICEABLY different in color & noticed in taste the next day. From that day and for the next 6 weeks, I went completely downhill. Bakers cyst at 4 wks and a autoimmune crash at 6 wks. I have not been the same since. Can't drive, using a walker (I'm 44), and had not had balance problems until this med switch. After being checked for EVERYTHING, I was diagnosed with Ataxia which is caused from hypothyroidism. My levels were fine the entire time until one batch made me hypothyroid. I finally switched to WP thyroid on the same mg's and I'm now bordering hyperthyroid. RLC Labs SWEARS that they did not change the formula, and if that is true then 100% THE RAW MATERIAL IS NOT THE SAME AND IS NOT GOOD AT ALL.”

Jessie · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 13, 2019

For Hashimoto's disease: “I get terrible, scary leg and toe cramps (from thigh to toes) along with twitching of feet and inability to walk because of the pain in my feet, which stops when I cease taking Nature-thyroid. Oh, yea, and my legs get so tight sometimes while on the medicine, and I wake up every morning with burning and tingling feet (bottom of me feet and toes) , which gets worse everyday unless, like I said, I don't take this stuff. It is not a lifesaver for me; not at all!!”

Rujo33 January 23, 2019

For Underactive Thyroid: “I had horrible fatigue and muscle cramping, and was diagnosed with Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). I have been sick for 20 years & tried various thyroid medicines over the years and they would make my hormone levels too high, but not help me at all. I took this because some Dr's think this disease is caused by thyroid resistance . I was at my worst ever and very weak. Both my leg and arm muscles ached with no activity at all after minor exercise . I would be bed ridden & more sore. I talked my Dr into giving me a trial of Thyroid again as my "FREE" Thyroid was low in the range & close to abnormal. He prescribed Nature Thyroid. Thank goodness. It is like a miracle for me after over two decades of trying everything under the sun and spending a small fortune. I am so afraid that my new Dr will take me off it & it has been unavailable at times at my pharmacy. My muscles don't hurt at all, I have much more energy, I am not short of breath & I feel much stronger, too. My foggy head is gone. It works absolute wonders on me.”

Didge October 31, 2018

For Hashimoto's disease: “Sadly the formulation changed - a LOT. Was doing well on 3 grains, now on 4.5 grains. The shortage is still raging as well which is frustrating. Moving to a different brand.”

Arlene · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 7, 2018

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “So happy with Nature-Throid. I needed a change after 15 years with Levoxyl because my provider wanted to lower that drug’s dosage, which I couldn’t tolerate. Two months into Nature-Throid, I’m feeling very good. I was concerned that I’d experience mood swings, tingling, joint pain and the like, but so far, all I have is a little weight gain.”

7-Eleven December 29, 2017

For Underactive Thyroid: “I was diagnosed with hypo thyroid and my Dr at the time put me on Synthroid and also tried the generic brand but my lower legs started swelling right away and continue to get worse even after three months of trying the medication. So I went outside of the general endocrine system doctor world and went to a integrative specialists and they put me on the naturethroid. I have been on it now for over two years and I feel lucky to have found it ! No more swelling in my legs, all of that went away once I started the naturethroid. I think for me it is much better because I feel like my old self again. I have to manage it and stay up on top of it but you just have to listen to your body like anything else and go to the doctor regularly.”

Pam2468 December 2, 2017

For Underactive Thyroid: “My hair began to fall within a month of starting nature-throid. I had not been on any thyroid meds prior and although I have stopped taking nature-throid, I have lost about 3/4 of my hair in less than 6 months with zero signs of slowing down. Have cut out inflammatory foods and supplementing as per my naturopath but to no avail. Still fatigued, leg cramps, irritable (all symptoms prior to meds) and now hair loss. Never again and I regret taking nature-throid.”

Anonymous July 19, 2017

For Hashimoto's disease: “I was on synthroid it drove me bonkers and took out my hair. I cut out gluten and changed my diet. It all works hand in hand one but, nature-throid changed my health completely around. ”

ElizaCoop July 18, 2017

For Hashimoto's disease: “Synthroid stopped being effective after a number of years on it. T3 was "normal" but apparently not optimal, as I was starting to have symptoms like I had before starting the drug. Switched to NT in November, now it is mid-July. I feel 15 years younger and symptoms that I didn't even know were related to the thyroid problem have receded. Have lost weight (yes I am working at it, but find it easy) and can walk and pedal for hours instead of sitting on a lounger all day.”