User Reviews for Nature-Throid

Learn more about Nature-Throid.

Nature-Throid Rating Summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 60 medications used in the treatment of Underactive Thyroid.

Reviews for Nature-Throid to treat Underactive Thyroid

"I have been on Levothyroxine for over 20 years, I had normal levels for years on my meds yet felt like crap! No energy, severe Joint pain almost debilitating at times, weight gain, hair loss, dry skin, trouble sleeping.. I begged my Doctor to change my meds. She switched me to Nature-Throid and only after a week, I feel so much better joint pain is almost totally gone along with feeling way more energy. I can not wait to see what I feel like a month from now, I feel like I've gotten my life back!"

Teppie April 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Was on the lowest dose for twelve days and experienced chest pains shortness of breath. Sore boobs early period and muscle weakness..... This drug is great for certain people but if you are borderline hypo like I am I would watch your symptoms closely. Everyone is different though."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Nature Throid was a disaster for me. I was trying to switch from Armour Thyroid (since it was getting pricey), and had been taking NT for only about a week. They dosage differences were a little tricky, but from the major crash I experienced, you'd think I was taking a placebo. It was as if my body rejected it outright. Much as I hate having to take a more expensive medicine, my doctor advised that I go back to Armour, at least for now."

AmyPope March 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This medication did not work for me."

bluejeansgirl1980 March 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"do not take this medicine without the supervision of an endroconologist. It was NOT for me"

grAMMy b January 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"works better than armour thyroid"

gswift January 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This medication changed my life. I was diagnosed with subclinical hypothyroidism years ago and for five years I was on levothyroxine. Despite taking it every day as recommended, I experienced no difference in my extreme fatigue, muscle aches, and constipation. I was sleeping all the time. Exercise was a nightmare. No longer the energetic person I used to be. I basically wrote that off as my baseline. Then I started reading about different hypothyroidism treatments and beg my doctor to put me on Naturthroid. I now feel exactly how I am meant to - boundless energy when I get up in the morning at all throughout the day, and as a result, my mood has dramatically improved."

Raquella December 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"VERY bad heart intolerance."

Gimma VERY (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was on levo first for about 3 months. Blood test came back with good numbers. Only I still felt like crap. Doc changed me to nature throid . I felt sooooo much better. I needed the T3 ( levo was not converting the T4 ) I take 195 mg a day. 2 pills in morning. 1 mid day ... My insurance does not cover. But $40 gets me a 3 month supply"

Deans odd September 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had been on Armour thyroid for about 15 years and always felt good. Somehow the formula must have changed when Forest Labs was bought out although the new company denies that. I started feeling really jumpy and couldn't get my numbers right. I've been on Nature-Throid for about seven weeks. It took some time to adjust but now I feel much better. I've read that they don't use the fillers Armour does."

LindaPB (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Was on synthroid for a year and noticed zero improvement. Got off it for a few years then started again and developed angina like chest pain out of nowhere when exercising. I felt tired and miserable as always. Begged my doc to Rx naturethyroid. After being on it 3 months I realize how much better I feel. No more waking up feeling like crap, no more muscle aches, no more fatigue. Headaches have improved drastically. More energy to work out. No puffy creased eyes when I wake up in the morning. Appetite is good again and I can eat what I want again while maintaining my weight just fine. I am 5,8" and 135 lbs and only exercise twice a week but am able to eat 2000 calories a day, sometimes more, and have gained no weight. Just like old times!"

Rrrrrraquelie September 26, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This medicine has changed my life. After 3 courses of Levaquin for MRSA after surgery last summer I thought that the extreme fatigue, muscle pain, mental fog and joint pain that I've had were just part of aging, I'm 61, or side effects of the antibiotic. My TSH levels were in normal range, but my Naturopath saw that the free T-3 and T-4 were very low. We started Nature-Throid in late July and by August,I was starting to feel human again. It's GREAT."

lotusone2000 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 22, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The nice thing about this medication is that it cuts well where Armour is much harder to cut (crumbles) in order to get optimal levels. Sometimes we need to add a bit extra."

Anonymous April 28, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had several side effects from Synthroid that I thought I just had to try and live with in order to treat my hypothyroidism. After starting Nature-Throid, the side effects were gone and I noticed an improvement with all of my symptoms. Today, I feel the best I have felt in 20 years. The difference is truly amazing to me. I didn't think I had any other options until Nature-Throid was suggested, I am so thankful for this medicine."

Anonymous September 27, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I can't take Synthroid and am allergic to the fillers in Armour. Nature Throid is hypoallergenic and has both T3 and T4 so it works really well for me."

fromthemomma January 2, 2010