User Reviews for Nature-Throid to treat Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal

Nature-Throid has an average rating of 9.0 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings for the treatment of Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal. 90% of those users who reviewed Nature-Throid reported a positive effect, while 10% reported a negative effect.

Nature-Throid Rating Summary

9.0/10 average rating

Compare all 19 medications used in the treatment of Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal.

T September 11, 2020

“My best med is recalled, pharmacy has none. ): I was on Synthroid after my radiation (due to a thyroid storm months earlier) and original endocrinologist refused NTDs though my labs showed I wasn't getting T3 conversion, and the endo didn't want to "take chances" (of me feeling good). But I finally found a doc this year who PUT ME ON Nature Throid these last 8 months I haven't felt this good, this NORMAL, since that awful radiation (please never do that, ever!). But today BOOM: recalled! NT was so good. I started with 1 grain and immediately (that night!) felt 100% better! Went a month on that, and new labs showed I needed 2 grains. I got the 120mg or whatever 2 grains is, and felt even MORE like myself! I've gotten so much done; I'm healthier (even with COVID going around)... but I couldn't refill NT because of a RECALL! I have a replacement (NP Thyroid —ugh, it sounds awful) so I pray in the Most Holy Name of Jesus we get Nature Thyroid BACK. Soon! PLEASE!”

jody · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 29, 2019

“I had RAI (antibodies for Graves and Hashimoto's). It worked for me until they recently retooled the plant. I'm not sure why there is a change in the product, but I've had a dramatic drop in T3 / T4 blood test. Below the lowest number acceptable. I ache all over. My hair is dry and brittle. I have put on 20 pounds over the last few months. I am so tired! Why did they change something that worked?”

Matty October 14, 2019

“I've been taking NT for several years. I feel great on it and did not have weight gain or hair loss. I switched to it after Armour changed it formula and never looked back.”

undine July 15, 2013

“After decades on Levothyroxine I was starting to feel really unwell: tiredness, memory lapses, hot flashes, inability to cope with hot weather, sleeping badly, verbal diarrhea, impulsive behavior, mental fog and constant pressure which made me want to jump out of my skin. Got very isolated and depressed, lost all creativity and felt I was barely existing. The changeover was very smooth and problem free. Two days after I started my eyesight seemed to improve drastically, as though a dirty filter had been removed. On day 5 I felt totally at peace. Mentally, physically and emotionally it was like going from monochrome to full spectrum HD. Lots of energy, no hot flashes or mental fog, sleeping well. I've got my life back!”

CMS · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 14, 2019

“I, too, have experienced various hypo symptoms since the back order of 2017: dry hair, hair breakage and hair loss, weight gain, muscular aches and pains, and depression. The company says that nothing has changed, but I disagree. I tried posting on RLC labs site, and they blocked me from posting. That says it all! I found out, from someone who has done a lot of research, that the FDA has made RLC change the formula to call it a "drug", and I also found out that one of the ingredients is propylene glycol, a derivative of anti-freeze. I am not quite sure about that, though. I do know that whatever they did since the recall has caused problems for many, many people. I am now going to try a compounding pharmacy who will make up a pill with the same ratio of T3 T4 with only one filler, microcrystalline cellulose. Hopefully, this will finally help me feel better!”

mystlgrl · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 16, 2016

“I had 1/2 of my thyroid removed. The synthroid and levothroid left a taste of aluminum in my mouth. I was nauseous and fatigued. I asked my dr. for armour, but my insurance didn't cover that so he prescribed nature-throid. I love it. I thought it didn't work at first. I thought that you could eat with it, but come to find out, you have to take it 30 min before or 2 hrs. after you eat. I take it on an empty stomach with a full glass of water and have no problems at all. Very good medicine. 65 mg for me. My insurance just sent a notice they won't cover it any more, but I will protest it or pay out of pocket. I cannot do the synthroid or Levathroid....never.”

T-Poppins · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 9, 2019

“I have taken levothyroxine as well as Armour and felt completely run down on both. More so on the Levo. I moved to Nature Throid from Levo about 2 years ago and really started to get my energy back. Last year there was a shortage on NatureThroid and I had to go to Armour, back to feeling like I couldn't lift my head off the pillow. Thankfully Nature is back in stock and I am doing much better. Hopefully this will help others who may be struggling with their current meds.”

Anonymous March 12, 2010

“Great med if you can get it. The back order crapola struck right at the beginning of my treatment with it. I noticed right away relief in symptoms with it. I now take a combo of Westhroid and Nature-throid. Synthroid, Levoxyl gave me hell with side effects! Cytomel gave me vertigo, the naturals are GREAT!(Hashi's/hypo) worked up to 4 grains now.”

Sianita October 18, 2016

“Desiccated thyroid is the only replacement that lets me love a normal, healthy life post-thyroidectomy. I spent a year on Levothyroxine and was utterly and completely miserable and barely functioning physically and cognitively. Desiccated thyroid literally gave me my life back. I took Armour Thyroid for 15 years without issue but they have recently tripled the price, so I switched to Nature-Throid. It is equally as excellent and I'm very happy with it. Can't recommend it enough. I'm in the U.K. Though and we still get ripped off here with regard to all desiccated thyroid drugs as they aren't considered licensed medications, which means I have to pay out of pocket. Worth it though.”

Tammy · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 12, 2019

“I've been on various thyroid replacement hormone therapy. I find that products that are natural works Armour Thyroid and Nature Thyroid. Both are equally the same for me. It would be nice if my dosage could stay the same but since surgery I find my dosage switching to lower or higher depending on my stress levels and whenever I lose or gain weight. Both affect my reaction to the medication but I guess that's a part of life. I just wish one pill and one dose fit no matter what. I give this medicine a 9 because it's more expensive and hard to find.”

Arlene · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 7, 2018

“So happy with Nature-Throid. I needed a change after 15 years with Levoxyl because my provider wanted to lower that drug’s dosage, which I couldn’t tolerate. Two months into Nature-Throid, I’m feeling very good. I was concerned that I’d experience mood swings, tingling, joint pain and the like, but so far, all I have is a little weight gain.”