User Reviews for Rizatriptan

9.2

2 reviews
Summary of Rizatriptan reviews 9.0 228 reviews

Reviews for Rizatriptan

For Migraine: "Suffered hideously for over thirty years with severe migraines (caused by hormones or anxiety) - I don't need to tell other migraine sufferers just how awful my suffering was and how much it impacted on my daily life. Rizatriptan has been a miracle and a life-changer for me. I take one as soon as I am aware of a migraine starting - sometimes if I haven't quite taken it early enough I take a second dose a couple of hours later. ALL pain and misery is stopped by this pill - I cannot express how grateful I am for that. I usually still spend the day very quietly, or sleeping in bed, but without the pain, vomiting and despair."

limosa March 3, 2018

For Migraine: "This doesn't work on my migraine at all."

cpa4898 February 21, 2018

Maxalt-MLT (rizatriptan) for Migraine: "Works very well for me, have not missed a day of work since I've been on Maxalt. On the rare occasion I have to take a second dose to get rid of a migraine."

iamc February 14, 2018

For Migraine: "Took unbearable pain away immediately."

beyondblessings (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2018

Maxalt (rizatriptan) for Migraine: "Maxalt is a life saver. I have been using this med for 7 years. Most times I have to take 2 pills within 24 hours. My problem is I wait and hope my headache won't turn into a migraine. Then when it is a migraine I take the pill. By then it takes hours for the migraine and aura to break. The side effects I can deal with. Tiredness,nausea that is mild and some dizziness. I recommend Maxalt to anyone who can benefit from it."

Brockaway February 12, 2018

Maxalt-MLT (rizatriptan) for Migraine: "Can't find Maxalt MLT at any pharmacy. What is going on with it? Migraines last up to 14 days without it. Desperate!"

Gorilla74 (taken for 10 years or more) February 11, 2018

Maxalt (rizatriptan) for Migraine: "This medication seems to work the best out of the triptans I have tried. I take it as needed in addition to Topamax which I take daily as a preventative. It usually works within an hour and I do not need a second pill. I take the generic it works fine for me. I get migraines from weather pressure, hormones, foods and smells. Life changer for me."

Becca4130 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 28, 2018

For Migraine: "I've suffered from debilitating migraines for a while now and Maxalt has definitely helped me. I find that the earlier I take it, the quicker it is in ridding of my migraine. I've found that it makes me woozy and dizzy, and later on I feel cold sensations and nausea (not accompanied with actual vomiting), but I'll pay any price to rid of a migraine. Excellent medication, a true wonder drug!"

Moonlet January 11, 2018

Maxalt (rizatriptan) for Migraine: "I have had great results with Maxalt. The problem is now a generic form of Maxalt came out and It just doesn't work as good as the real Maxalt. I have to take 3 times as much and just get minimal response from the generic medication. I might as well just ride out the migraine that normally doesn't last more than 24 hrs and not have to worry about the possible side effects of the drug. The real Maxalt is worth any side effect it might come with. I would rather suffer a heart attack than have a migraine any day. You just have to be lucky enough to have a Dr that will tell the insurance company you need the real stuff."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 9, 2018

Maxalt (rizatriptan) for Migraine: "I have used MAXALT for about 8 years and it is a life changer - generally 45 minutes and it lifts after sometimes crippling migraines from the age of 6. Occasionally I need a second but would never take more than 2 in 24 hours as directed by my doctor. Fairly minimal side effects but an extra positive is that it appears to clear my sinuses too!! I thought I was imagining it but I then found some research that confirmed this"

MWIA (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 4, 2018

Maxalt-MLT (rizatriptan) for Migraine: "Maxalt work great for my migraines. Also I had trouble swallowing and the Maxalt dissolves on tongue which is great for me. My pharmacist had to try and find another company that makes pills that would dissolve on the tongue. My insurance stopped paying for the Maxalt and I could not afford to buy them"

Gigigirl January 4, 2018

For Migraine: "I get 90 of these pills a month. They are freaking expensive but take away the pain!"

Lukester (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 28, 2017

For Migraine: "If taken at first sign of migraine this medication works fast & without any stomach upset, drowsiness etc , or nasty rebound headaches as other migraine medications I have used did . I can take this at work or out anywhere and not worry .Very very rarely I have to take a second one, and that is when I haven't taken the first pill immediately at migraine onset .A true "lifesaver" for me !"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) December 20, 2017

Maxalt (rizatriptan) for Migraine: "I've had migraines for over 40 years. As a teenager they were hormonal only. I didn't have any while pregnant! Afterwards they came back and are now weather pressure, hormonal + allergy related. I have to go rest if I need a Maxalt 10mg due to side effects. Maxalt 5mg allow me to continue to work but I don't feel I could drive as eyesight and reactions are impaired. I have found if you need a 2nd Maxalt, thats ok but a 3rd will increase the migraine like taking too many pain meds. If you do this, you need to regulate yourself back to no meds to get the migraine to go."

Bev, Acton, ON (taken for 10 years or more) December 14, 2017

Maxalt-MLT (rizatriptan) for Migraine: "Maxalt saved my life! It is the only medicine that works for me when have a migraine attack, I swear by it and carry it with me always just in case. It literally gave me back my life, I was ill for days that ran into weeks that went into months. It was shocking, I felt suicidal with having no life and one day was sitting in my doctors room sobbing begging him to help me, and he prescribed me rizatriptan (maxalt). I love it!!"

Nadz17 November 9, 2017

For Migraine: "I take Rizatriptan in conjunction with ever-changing migraine prevention meds. It makes my sinuses feel drained and parched, makes me woozy and slow in the brain, and tastes absolutely terrible. But? If I take it at just the right time in the onset of a migraine, it is usually able to knock it out within an hour or two. If it doesn't--if I'm too late to take it--it can't kill the migraine, but it does dull it enough that I can usually continue functioning. Acts faster for me than Sumatriptan did. Only giving it an 8 because you do have to take it at just the right time, and you can only take 2 in a day. I sometimes get the back-to-back migraines and am helpless to fight the 2nd one."

Squirrelyone (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 6, 2017

Maxalt (rizatriptan) for Migraine: "99% of the time my migraine symptoms fade within an hour. I have had to take a second tablet only twice in ten years. I can function as normal. The only drawback is feeling tired and increased urination, but compared to going through a 36 hour migraine, that's nothing!"

JannaP (taken for 10 years or more) October 29, 2017

For Migraine: "Miracle drug for me! Migraine gone within the hour of taking Maxalt. It made me groggy but I will take that over hours of pain"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2017

Maxalt (rizatriptan) for Migraine: "My first time taking it. I have complex partial seizures and my aura has changed to where I now have migraine headaches afterwards. We are doing test to rule out other problems but this medicine helped me more than anything so far. Still have that groggy feeling afterwards but I can deal with that. Just do not know how I can take it should I have to at work since I work in a call center 10 hours a day with constant calls."

Jenna B (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2017

Maxalt (rizatriptan) for Migraine: "I suffered from severe migraines for years and all the side effects that go with them. Nothing so much even eased the symptoms off even a little. Then in 2000 my doctor prescribed Maxalt. I placed the dissolving tablet under my tongue and in less than 15 minutes my symptoms started fading, in less than 30 minutes they were gone completely! Truly a miracle drug that I could not live without. If you haven't tried it, it's time to talk to your doctor."

DEBORAHSHARON (taken for 10 years or more) October 15, 2017

For Migraine: "Took this for the first time last night. Worked as well as Relpax (which my insurance no longer covers). I could actually get a good night's sleep!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2017

Maxalt (rizatriptan) for Migraine: "I have used maxalt four times in the last three months. The first time it worked fine and it was gone in a few hours but had heart racing. The second migraine I was concerned about the side effects but gave a second chance. I had severe throbbing in my head like it was going to explode and then suddenly the migraine broke. My third attempt my migraine was so severe that I had to take a second dose for relief! I find that if I take it on the onset it works but still light headache and felt numbing sensation. My fourth today no relief after 2nd dose. Took 3rd after 4 hours but still feeling migraine. Had slight heart racing and throbbing pain. I may continue to see if this is right meds. If not, then I think there's no hope for me!"

Rose B September 6, 2017

For Migraine: "Puts me in nice restful deep sleep (normal 7hr night), walk up in morning migraine gone, with no hangover feeling that you would normally get if went to ER for a shot."

Puts you to sleep (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2017

Maxalt-MLT (rizatriptan) for Migraine: "I have had migraines since my teenage years and am currently 49 years old. I sometimes go for long periods of time with no migraines, but then I can have migraine and accompanying neck pain that goes on for 2 days or more. I've been on Fiorinal, then Fioricet, and just recently, Maxalt. Recently, I asked my Dr about having a different medication that would be legal to take to Europe, as Fioricet is banned in at least some, if not all, countries in Europe. Since another Dr had previously tried prescribing Maxalt, he had me try this. It WORKS. I find it works better and faster than other meds, and I don't feel woozy when taking it. Tricare allows 18 pills per 45 day period before another refill."

AZ-Girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2017

Maxalt (rizatriptan) for Migraine: "I was prescribed this medication because I was experiencing severe migraines multiple times a month. After taking the medication, I usually have to take another pill an hour later and my headache symptoms will go away. It makes me very sleepy and gives me slight chest pain that feels like heartburn. If I don't rest right after taking it, the headache still goes away but I get severe nausea, dizziness, and tightness in my chest. The side effects eventually go away, but they are awful while they are occurring. The trade off of headache and side effects doesn't seem really worth it to me, but that's just my opinion."

lyd12jub July 20, 2017