User Reviews for Rizatriptan

Migraine
8.9

Summary of Rizatriptan reviews 8.9 234 reviews

Reviews for Rizatriptan

For Migraine: "I have been on Maxalt for about two years. It has always worked with just one pill. My only complaint about it was that it made me vomit. The pharmacist advised me to hold it in my mouth with milk till it dissolved, then swallow. This stopped the side affect. I only take it as a last ditch effort to get rid of my headache after everything else has failed, because my insurance only pays for 8 per month."

ash (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 11, 2018

For Migraine: "You will be a fat cow on this medicine. It works but slowly weight gain. I went from 110lb to 142lb "

Minnie mouse (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 10, 2018

For Migraine: "I have migraines every day, most likely the result of my TMD (temporalmandibular joint disorder). I also have tension-like headaches and back/neck pain. I was first given sumatriptan as an emergency migraine med, which did not help. I was then given rizatriptan, and it is fantastic. Usually one pill works, occasionally I have to take a second. It rarely doesn't work after a second pill. However, it only relieves my eye pain and some of the headache. A muscle relaxer (baclofen) usually helps with the jaw and remaining tension headache-like pain. I'm grateful for the migraine relief, but I'm only allowed to use rizatriptan 3 times a week because it can raise your blood pressure, so I've got 4 days a week without relief. I am lucky to have a prescription insurance that covers 18 pills/month. Apparently most insurances only cover 9 pills a month and they are ungodly expensive if you don't have insurance."

Laura C18 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2018

For Migraine: "This does not help my migraines go away. I have had migraines for about three years now and I’ve taken these for about two years and these don’t help at all. The pain is terrible. One time I had a migraine for 8 days and I was on rizatriptipan at that time and the migraine would not go away."

Stella O (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 28, 2018

For Migraine: "I have been getting migraines with increasing frequency for about a year now. They are pretty common on my maternal side, so probably hereditary. I couldn’t figure out what was wrong with me. Once I was diagnosed by my doctor with acute migraines, he prescribed Maxalt. It has been a life saver for me. It works quickly and I normally don’t need more than one in a 24 hour period."

Boudicca (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2018

Maxalt-MLT (rizatriptan) for Migraine: "I would always have to go to doctors or hospital for treatment of my migraines. Until a doctor prescribed these. They change my life. I haven't needed to see a doc for migraines in 4 years. "

Wendogga (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 24, 2018

For Migraine: "First medicine that actually worked but soo expensive. 6 tablet is 100 CAD."

Kiitos May 24, 2018

For Migraine: "I was prescribed Maxalt some years ago for migraines. It worked like a charm, and has worked ever since, just as long as I don't delay taking it. I've found that it works best once I know it's a migraine (rather than just a garden variety headache) and/or when I start to feel a bit queasy. Then I lie down for a couple of hours, and when I get up: GONE. Not even a twinge of pain; no nausea. I keep it with me at all times. I know it doesn't work for everyone, but for me it's been worth its weight in rubies."

Olivia May 1, 2018

For Migraine: "Suffered hideously for over thirty years with severe migraines (caused by hormones or anxiety) - I don't need to tell other migraine sufferers just how awful my suffering was and how much it impacted on my daily life. Rizatriptan has been a miracle and a life-changer for me. I take one as soon as I am aware of a migraine starting - sometimes if I haven't quite taken it early enough I take a second dose a couple of hours later. ALL pain and misery is stopped by this pill - I cannot express how grateful I am for that. I usually still spend the day very quietly, or sleeping in bed, but without the pain, vomiting and despair."

limosa March 3, 2018

For Migraine: "This doesn't work on my migraine at all."

cpa4898 February 21, 2018

Maxalt-MLT (rizatriptan) for Migraine: "Works very well for me, have not missed a day of work since I've been on Maxalt. On the rare occasion I have to take a second dose to get rid of a migraine."

iamc February 14, 2018

For Migraine: "Took unbearable pain away immediately."

beyondblessings (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2018

Maxalt (rizatriptan) for Migraine: "Maxalt is a life saver. I have been using this med for 7 years. Most times I have to take 2 pills within 24 hours. My problem is I wait and hope my headache won't turn into a migraine. Then when it is a migraine I take the pill. By then it takes hours for the migraine and aura to break. The side effects I can deal with. Tiredness,nausea that is mild and some dizziness. I recommend Maxalt to anyone who can benefit from it."

Brockaway February 12, 2018

Maxalt-MLT (rizatriptan) for Migraine: "Can't find Maxalt MLT at any pharmacy. What is going on with it? Migraines last up to 14 days without it. Desperate!"

Gorilla74 (taken for 10 years or more) February 11, 2018

Maxalt (rizatriptan) for Migraine: "This medication seems to work the best out of the triptans I have tried. I take it as needed in addition to Topamax which I take daily as a preventative. It usually works within an hour and I do not need a second pill. I take the generic it works fine for me. I get migraines from weather pressure, hormones, foods and smells. Life changer for me."

Becca4130 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 28, 2018

For Migraine: "I've suffered from debilitating migraines for a while now and Maxalt has definitely helped me. I find that the earlier I take it, the quicker it is in ridding of my migraine. I've found that it makes me woozy and dizzy, and later on I feel cold sensations and nausea (not accompanied with actual vomiting), but I'll pay any price to rid of a migraine. Excellent medication, a true wonder drug!"

Moonlet January 11, 2018

Maxalt (rizatriptan) for Migraine: "I have had great results with Maxalt. The problem is now a generic form of Maxalt came out and It just doesn't work as good as the real Maxalt. I have to take 3 times as much and just get minimal response from the generic medication. I might as well just ride out the migraine that normally doesn't last more than 24 hrs and not have to worry about the possible side effects of the drug. The real Maxalt is worth any side effect it might come with. I would rather suffer a heart attack than have a migraine any day. You just have to be lucky enough to have a Dr that will tell the insurance company you need the real stuff."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 9, 2018

Maxalt (rizatriptan) for Migraine: "I have used MAXALT for about 8 years and it is a life changer - generally 45 minutes and it lifts after sometimes crippling migraines from the age of 6. Occasionally I need a second but would never take more than 2 in 24 hours as directed by my doctor. Fairly minimal side effects but an extra positive is that it appears to clear my sinuses too!! I thought I was imagining it but I then found some research that confirmed this"

MWIA (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 4, 2018

Maxalt-MLT (rizatriptan) for Migraine: "Maxalt work great for my migraines. Also I had trouble swallowing and the Maxalt dissolves on tongue which is great for me. My pharmacist had to try and find another company that makes pills that would dissolve on the tongue. My insurance stopped paying for the Maxalt and I could not afford to buy them"

Gigigirl January 4, 2018

For Migraine: "I get 90 of these pills a month. They are freaking expensive but take away the pain!"

Lukester (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 28, 2017

For Migraine: "If taken at first sign of migraine this medication works fast & without any stomach upset, drowsiness etc , or nasty rebound headaches as other migraine medications I have used did . I can take this at work or out anywhere and not worry .Very very rarely I have to take a second one, and that is when I haven't taken the first pill immediately at migraine onset .A true "lifesaver" for me !"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) December 20, 2017

Maxalt (rizatriptan) for Migraine: "I've had migraines for over 40 years. As a teenager they were hormonal only. I didn't have any while pregnant! Afterwards they came back and are now weather pressure, hormonal + allergy related. I have to go rest if I need a Maxalt 10mg due to side effects. Maxalt 5mg allow me to continue to work but I don't feel I could drive as eyesight and reactions are impaired. I have found if you need a 2nd Maxalt, thats ok but a 3rd will increase the migraine like taking too many pain meds. If you do this, you need to regulate yourself back to no meds to get the migraine to go."

Bev, Acton, ON (taken for 10 years or more) December 14, 2017

Maxalt-MLT (rizatriptan) for Migraine: "Maxalt saved my life! It is the only medicine that works for me when have a migraine attack, I swear by it and carry it with me always just in case. It literally gave me back my life, I was ill for days that ran into weeks that went into months. It was shocking, I felt suicidal with having no life and one day was sitting in my doctors room sobbing begging him to help me, and he prescribed me rizatriptan (maxalt). I love it!!"

Nadz17 November 9, 2017

For Migraine: "I take Rizatriptan in conjunction with ever-changing migraine prevention meds. It makes my sinuses feel drained and parched, makes me woozy and slow in the brain, and tastes absolutely terrible. But? If I take it at just the right time in the onset of a migraine, it is usually able to knock it out within an hour or two. If it doesn't--if I'm too late to take it--it can't kill the migraine, but it does dull it enough that I can usually continue functioning. Acts faster for me than Sumatriptan did. Only giving it an 8 because you do have to take it at just the right time, and you can only take 2 in a day. I sometimes get the back-to-back migraines and am helpless to fight the 2nd one."

Squirrelyone (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 6, 2017

Maxalt (rizatriptan) for Migraine: "99% of the time my migraine symptoms fade within an hour. I have had to take a second tablet only twice in ten years. I can function as normal. The only drawback is feeling tired and increased urination, but compared to going through a 36 hour migraine, that's nothing!"

JannaP (taken for 10 years or more) October 29, 2017