User Reviews for Prazosin

Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia 5.0
Summary of Prazosin reviews 7.1 184 reviews

Reviews for Prazosin

Starbucks · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 16, 2020

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: “Prazosin 1mg-2mg helps with dreams, however can cause dizziness, it also helps in relaxation. Taken with acetaminophen, prazosin can greatly reduce aches associated with tremors common in PTSD. Hydration is important. Prazosin and a sleep aid similar to Tylenol pm can help with sleep, however a restless night here and there is not uncommon. I am thankful to have this medication, it is helpful”

Gigi April 28, 2020

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: “I have been taking Prazosin for about four months. Initially, I was prescribed 1mg at bedtime for nightmares. During the first week, I noticed that my nightmares seemed much less severe. By the middle of my second week, the dreams were more like strangely vivid weird dreams. At the tail end of the first 30 days, I felt like my nightmares had stopped. Physically, I dealt with some dizziness, like for the first 15 minutes. Most of the next two months, I slept pretty good--or so I thought. One morning my husband confronted me about hitting and kicking him in my sleep. That increased over the course of a couple of weeks. My clinician is slowly increasing of Prazosin over the course of the next month--from 1mg to 4mg. I have been taking 2mg for the past three nights and feel amazing. My sleep is much closer to MY normal. For me, normal is 5 to 6 hours. I wake up feeling refreshed and well rested with no muscle pain or tension.”

Unsettling dreams · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 13, 2020

For Nightmares: “I started taking prazosin while going through abuse and separation. I had terrible nightmares. It helped, but now I have unsettling dreams and talk, cry and yell during my sleep. They are so vivid that I am physically acting them out during sleep and this wakes me feeling disoriented. I've woken due to some as well, so shaken I had to sleep with the light on. (seeing as well as feeling things touching me) I take them each night and it doesn't help me fall asleep. I also take 10 mg of diazepam with it.”

trisha · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 9, 2020

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: “I was on Prazosin a couple years ago and it works great at low doses but when the DR upped the does to 50 mg I had a strange experience that landed me in the hospital. Felt like I was asleep in dreamland, and dialed 911 not knowing what was happinging and then when the police car showed up, he left the drivers door open and I sat in the front seat of the cruiser as I did on the job many times before, but this time was not a dream. I was dreaming but I was actually doing what I was dreaming in real life. I didn't realize this in tell about 3am in the morning when I woke up handcuffed to a stretcher in my local ED. Prazosin works great for PTSD flashbacks at low doses but careful when they try and bump the dose up.”

RockShot4 · Taken for less than 1 month April 7, 2020

For Anxiety and Stress: “I just took my first dose of prazosin last night before bed to help anxiety and stress. I have non-combat PTSD from child abuse. My doctor said to take it at night. Reading these reviews it would seem this drug is for nightmares. I don’t have those. Just Panic attacks, depression and anxiety. I’m wondering if I should switch to a day dose. Does this drug manage your anxiety? Or is it specifically for nightmares?. Thanks.”

Klynn · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2020

For Nightmares: “I was prescribed 1mg prazosin at night for nightmares. I have not tried any other medication for them before so this is my first experience with a drug for this particular problem. I have nightmares every night and it has gotten so bad that I wake up after each one in a full-blown sweat and have to change my bedding 2x a night. After starting this medication I've had very brief dreams that I cannot recollect and have not woken up in a sweat for 4 days in a row now. This makes me super happy since my dreams are usually very vivid and long and they stick with me for the entire day. The only down side is my partner has told me I move around in my sleep much more than usual. He has said this morning, that last night I fidgeted for a long time after I fell asleep. I didn't know any of this and hope it was just a one time thing and doesn't get worse.”

Tori P · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 29, 2020

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: “Minipress gave me severe nightmares and insomnia. It also made me urinate myself many times.”

Dont have one March 13, 2020

For Nightmares: “I have been on prazosin for a year now. It does not stop the nightmares but I will say that it does put me physically in a dream so I can control myself and my movements rather than just watching things happen to me”

prazosin · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 19, 2020

For Nightmares: “Prazosin is Excellent, when I had just about lost faith in all Nightmare/ptsd meds I was given this 10/10 for sure!”

WW1968 · Taken for less than 1 month February 18, 2020

For Nightmares: “My night terrors aren't every night, but often they're multiple layers of night terrors in one night. I started taking this last week. First few nights I didn't notice anything, as I don't have night terrors every night. Last night, while on one mg of Prazosin, I had multiple layers of night terrors throughout the night and am going on one hour of sleep today. I don't have another appointment until early March. Maybe I need a higher dose?”

Steficake · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 3, 2020

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: “I'm finding that Minipress 2mg at bedtime helps me get a better night's sleep and reduces my nightmares and anxiety in my dreams. I'm considering requesting a higher dose and possibly getting a better result. But, I can say that the 2mg OPD has made a measurable improvement/reduction in my PTSD/nightmares.”

Anonymous February 2, 2020

For Anxiety and Stress: “My new pysch prescribed this prazosin for hypervigilance. (I've been dealing with this since I was a child.) I was asked to pick up a blood pressure monitor and to keep track. My blood pressure is about 107 over 68 before my dose. It changed a bit over a three hour period, but the change was not significant. I took the pill with food. I did NOT experience any dizziness, nausea, or thumping heart beat. I slept ok. Woke up ~10 times, as usual, but went back to sleep quickly. I had dreams, but nothing scary or alarming. I woke up and my BP is still normal. So, I took my second dose. (I read it's best to take the first dose at night. Since my hypervigilance is during the day, I'll be taking the med in the morning.) I noticed a dull headache after taking the medication. I'm tired this morning (nothing new) and my vision is a bit off (this happens after I consume sugar, so it may not be related?) I'll rate the med based on side effects, day 1. Note: I am not a veteran.”

Cricketboots7 · Taken for less than 1 month February 1, 2020

For Nightmares: “Night # 1, 01.31.2020: This was my first night taking Prazosin. Was prescribed to me for PTSD, night terrors which caused severe sleep issues. I still had dreams all night long last night. They were not pleasant dreams, but I did not have the first night terror, which, for me, is truly hard to believe. When I got out of bed this morning, I felt a bit more rested than I have in a very long time.”

Mindisavirgo January 15, 2020

For Nightmares: “I have been off & on Prazosin in the past few year @ 1 & 2 MG's. In between the times on prazosin, I was also put on Cyproheptadine (also for nightmares). I have now switched back to Prazosin as it helps me fall asleep and @ higher doses, DOES NOT give me violent OR devastating nightmares, keeps me in bed all night (no getting up in by he middle of the night snacking and sleeping the WHOLE night through without waking up! In fact, on the contrary, I have real, pleasant and some times joyous & funny dreams whene I even talk them out loud (which is usually funny and/ realistic, but NOT scary OR nightmarish, AT ALL. LOVE PARSOZIN, although, I feel that I need a higher dose now.”

Tkuindy · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 13, 2020

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: “I'm now on 1 mg "prazosin at night time along with 200 mg of trazodone at night time. And yet it doesn't help me to fall straight away. Usually I need a bit of mother nature to do the trick. I will add that they have me on quite a bit of different "pain meds". Only one is actually a pain med. The rest just add to the amount of pills I have to take everyday.”

Tian · Taken for less than 1 month January 9, 2020

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: “Took first 1mg prazosin dose last night, noticed dizziness within 30 minutes, did not help with nightmares. Upon waking up, my heart began to pound so badly that I also felt it in my head which caused a migraine that I still have writing this. I was sweating profusely, could hardly see anything due to almost passing out and had extremely loud ringing in my ears. I had to lay down this morning for about two hours because if I tried to stand, those symptoms listed would immediately start up again. Called my doc and was told to not take it again due to it dangerously lowering my blood pressure. I would not recommend this medication for PTSD treatment based on my horrible experience.”

Missunshine January 3, 2020

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: “This medication Prazosin saved me . I have tried too many to count. I got a new psychiatrist who worked in a veterans hospital. I suffer from a couple forms of ptsd. Complex ptsd and ptsd associated with trauma. I have not a true night's rest since I was child. I work on auto pilot. I have been in therapy for 2 years and I just started prazosin a month ago. I notice so many differences. I am calmer. I am still hyper aware but at 40% vs 100%. It helped tone down my PTSD symptoms to the point where I am now facing my demons. I lost hope but this medication helped being it back.”

anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 21, 2019

Minipress (prazosin) for High Blood Pressure: “Minipress was the first drug they tried for high blood pressure back in the late 80s, when I was in the Army. I felt like it would be the end of me. First of all, it made my BP higher than lower. My heart sometimes felt like it was going to pop out of my chest sometimes. I fainted a few times. I would wake up at night and my back would fall asleep. I had some sexual problems from it too. They eventually had me on the max dose, and my BP was sky high. Finally they weaned me off it and put me on lisinopril, which works really well for me. My BP is now normal.”

Blayde · Taken for less than 1 month December 14, 2019

For Nightmares: “Started taking prazosin medicine 3 weeks ago after finally admitting that nearly 20 years of PTSD induced nightmares was no way to live. Slight improvement to sleep quality and quantity week 1 at 1 mg, significant improvement week 2 at 2 mg. Now at 3 mg and I am beyond thrilled. No dreams noticed (good or bad) since upping to 3 mg, I now sleep through the night and most importantly no more waking up screaming and fighting. Some grogginess during the first few days after each step up but for me it was more than manageable. Feels a bit funny as it takes effect (slight shaking and dizziness) but it's easily shaken off (for me) still takes work to fall asleep but overall much improvement. Definitely my wonder drug”

Rowan · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 3, 2019

For Nightmares: “I had nightmares for many years every night. I wasn't sleeping more than an hour at a time most nights... until I was so exhausted that I either got sick or slept for 12 hours flat out. I've been on Prazosin for nightmares for about three years now and I love it. I haven't had a nightmare wake me up since I started taking it. I take 1mg-2mg at bedtime. If I take one, I have to sleep at least 7 hours to not feel groggy. If I take 2mg, I have to get a full 9 hours or I feel groggy all morning. A couple of times I felt dizzy on waking in the night for the toilet. Other than these, I've had not other side effects.”

pengin · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 24, 2019

For Nightmares: “It’s maybe been 6 months taking prazosin for PTSD and nightmares. It works really well, I've stopped screaming in my sleep. It loses its effect really fast after increasing the dosage. But too high a dose makes your heart go crazy and you can’t breathe! Gives me a migraine sometimes, and makes me feel pressure in my eyeballs.”

None · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 22, 2019

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: “I woke up more often with flashbacks at night. A side effect is low blood pressure and my new doctor said the high dose could have made me pass out at any time”

Gfish1967 November 21, 2019

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: “I was diagnosed with C-PTSD in July, was given quetiapine, today I'm getting weaned off of them & starting tonight on 500mcg of prazosin, next week I will go up to 1mg once the quetiapine is finished, I also see my psychologist every 2 weeks & psychiatrist every 6 months, any advise good or bad about this medication for my diagnosis would be greatly appreciated because I'm nervous about new meds & side effects, TIA”

Vet007 · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 19, 2019

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: “I was initially prescribed 2 mg prazosin prior to bedtime for PTSD nightmares. It worked for a couple hours, but upon awakening and going back to sleep, the nightmares continued. It was not recommended to me that I take it during the day, only at night. Again, the first hour or two falling asleep, it is beneficial. If you wake up and go back to sleep, it doesn’t work.”

amj76 · Taken for less than 1 month November 10, 2019

For Nightmares: “I have been taking this medication prazosin for less than a month, have worked up to 5 mg over the weeks. I have never had worse or more vivid nightmares ever and now it seems that I feel I'm still awake when they are happening and I cannot wake up and stop them. My partner has told me that she has never seen me in so much distress since taking this medication. Even last night I felt as though I was experiencing hallucinations and sounds of static in my head. I thought I was awake but unable to communicate my need for help, my partner said I was clearly sleeping and in distress. I awoke feeling like I was having a heart attack. I'm not sure what to do now.”