User Reviews for Prazosin

Also known as: Minipress

Learn more about Prazosin.

Raynaud's Syndrome 1 reviews 48 medications

Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia 3 reviews 15 medications

High Blood Pressure 6 reviews 264 medications

Summary of Prazosin reviews 86 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Prazosin

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "After being diagnosed with PTSD, I was put on prazosin to help with horrible nightmares. I take a cocktail of other drugs which help with anxiety, hyper-alertness, and other symptoms. Even though I'm taking all this stuff I still have trouble sleeping and many times wake up punching, kicking and fighting. Prazosin has taken the edge off, though I still have really bazaar dreams. Plus, I recall everything. No side effects."

Kitchencat September 24, 2016

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I am very thankful that my psychiatrist decided to prescribe this great medicine to me. My nightmares and sleep paralysis rarely rears it's ugly head now. I have; social anxiety disorder, panic disorder, disassociative disorder, ptsd, chronic depression and ADHD. I realize that what I am about to say can be a controversial subject, but I simply wish to help. Many people who are diagnosed with so many psychological disorders are what is called an Empath. We are evolving faster now than ever before in the history of mankind. It's basically a spiritual awakening of the human race. There are positive aspects, such as high intuition amongst other gifts. Basically, it's not medical, but spiritual. Get educated and stay medicated if need be."

Serenity Moonlighte (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2016

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "After 30 years of night terrors amongst other life traumas and almost a year of Doctors saying you have MDD, attempting suicide, cutting and other anger, anxiety, and and social issues. I learned yesterday that I have PTSD, Social Anxiety Depression etc. I was taken off two Propanolol and Hydroxyzine and they were replaced with Prazosin and Risperdal. Although last night was only my first night taking prazosin and I was told to take it alone. Well I did that around 9 pm stayed up for about two hours after taking it finally getting sleepy around 11pm or close to it. Got up off the couch to go to bed a little off balance. Abruptly awoke at 1:30 am more off balance and cannot go back to sleep. Not sure if I had a nightmare but anxiety is high."

NoOneSpecial38 (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2016

For Nightmares: "It's been 6 mos now and still works miracles for my PTSD night terrors! The combination I've found that works for me: read the Bible or listen to it from an app as you fall asleep, take 2 mgs of Prazosin, and a combination of anti-depressant (Prozac/fluoxetine) works best for me, along with an anti-anxiety med treatment for the day. My next step will be therapy when I'm ready to talk. Until then, this combination helps tremendously. Even with the other meds I would wake up soaking wet and fighting for my life in my night terrors. Prazosin somehow helps tremendously and was my missing link."

SouthernSummer (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 28, 2016

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I've been on prazosin since beginning of March 2016. I have Cptsd, anxiety, depression, ADHD, insomnia, and a number of physical problems(such as nerve damage ext.) Anyhow, this prazosin worked great for the first 2 months I'd say. I started at 1mg at night, I'm now up to 4mg at night it does nothing! Absolutely nothing that I can tell! I had a nice little PTSD flashback two days while driving and last night it was nightmare after nightmare! My doctor only seems to want to up my dosage instead of trying other things too! I don't like it anymore though and don't find it very useful. I have absolutely no side effects from it, other than it doesn't work."

Heather88 August 14, 2016

For Raynaud's Syndrome: "Before I started taking this for nightmares, I used to have a bad case of raynaud's syndrome. After I started taking it the nightmares went away for a while but then i built up some kind of tolerance for them, however the raynaud's is still looking really good i havent had any issues with that."

GoombaJones August 8, 2016

For Nightmares: "This drug is very promising to patients suffering from nightmares, insomnia and PTSD."

Mary Pat Higley, PharmD (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2016

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "It really did help with my nightmares. (And lowered my blood pressure haha). I used to has nightmares almost every night and I have only had 3 on the 7 months I've been on it. My boyfriend thinks this is the best medicine ever created because now we can sleep peacefully. Didn't really help me fall asleep but didn't keep me awake either. And when I slept I would sleep though the night with no nightmares. Just really weird dreams."

Lisakay145 July 26, 2016

For Nightmares: "This was prescribed to me by my sleep specialist for multiple vivid nightmares on a daily basis. I started with 1mg, didn't notice a difference and I am now up to 3mg, still no decrease in nightmares. It's been over a month and the only effect this medication has on me is waking up with zero energy and feeling drained throughout the day."

Natalie_93 July 24, 2016

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I've been on this med for almost 2yrs it never really helped my PTSD , panic attacks and my anxiety due to my accident almost 2 yrs ago going to dr tomorrow to see what I can take now"

Izzy42 July 4, 2016

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Suffer from ptsd and bipolar disorder. Reliving traumatic violence during nightmares, waking in pools of sweat, and physically defending myself for many years while attempting to sleep. In addition to 200 mg seroquel prescribed at bedtime for 5 years doctor added 3 mg prazosin 3 years ago. The results have been life changing. Very few night terrors. My wife feels safe sleeping beside me. I'm so appreciative to my psychiatrist for prescribing this medication. I can't recall any side effects. 30 years of living with this affliction have been all but been remidied. Thank you"

Mike sleepless May 30, 2016

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "A Godsend drug for PTSD. No more nightmares!"

Nickname1 May 24, 2016

For Nightmares: "I started this as a suggestion from my pharmacist since my psych NP was not finding ANYTHING to work for my childhood nightmares. Thank God for that angel pharmacist and Thank God for this medication. Not one nightmare to feel weird about the whole next day and ruin my day! I have taken now for about a month. Yesterday I tested it out and skipped a dose to see what would happen and sure enough a nightmare. I hope they never stop making this medication. I have had zero side effects! I am so thrilled with this medicine and not sure why I had never heard of it before or why out of all of the doctors I have seen they have not suggested it? I am only on 1 mg which is what the lowest dose? It WORKS! Save yourself the trauma and try it :)"

Tatsi May 24, 2016

For Nightmares: "My partner was given these tablets for nightmares Chronic PTSD, he was already taking blood pressure tablets after enduring a heart attack 5 years ago....on the fourth day he collapsed in the garden, could not speak, stand, he was a terrible grey colour and his lips turned blue...The paramedics took him to A&E ....They discovered his blood pressure was dangerously low, he had a panic attack and his heart beat slowed right down........he should not have been given this medication whilst on other blood pressure tablets so be warned ....."

CaroleBillC May 15, 2016

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "PTSD Trauma Nightmares & BPH. As dosage was slowly increased from 1mg to 4mg before bedtime, I went from 3-5 nightmares per night (triggering panic attacks that made it impossible to go back to sleep) to none. I now have weird dreams. I can deal with weird. Upped to 5mg to help with BPH. It worked for me."

MountainJack April 4, 2016

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "A combination of PTSD....also suspect too many years standing watch in Navy. It has all resulted in YEARS of a nightmare surrounding sleep It featured high anxiety which began about 5PM.. inability to go to sleep once I got into bed, and waking up during night and early AM awakening... I was lucky to get 4 hours..sometimes so wired no sleep at all during night Prazosin shuts off my mind so I can not only go to sleep but stay asleep.. and the result of my days are better...less focus on negativity I am unable to verbalize how much it has helped.....so entirely thankful my physician who listened and Rxd.. He works with other vets too who apparently have also remarkable stories of success."

Black_Raven March 31, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "no medicine could lower my blood pressure from approx.145/ 90. But prazonsin did it, 125 or less/ 65 or less, is fantastic, side effect like light headed, and a little weak or a little shaky. Note I only take half tablet in the morning and nite before bed. Also , when the docter prescribe me prazonsin I was taking telmisartan, and amlodipino, so I did take 40 mg. telmisartan, and one tablet prazosine, but I make a mistake and taken both at the same time,was to much pressure went down to 73/44 and almost fainted. I took some salt and cocacola to make this up but the recover was slow about 2 digits per hour, took near 24 hours,to arrive at a normal to 124/68. So after this I decide to take this but only half in the morning and half at nite my pressure today, 140/70 pulse 49 rite at wake up, after prazosine, 3 hours later,122/66 pulse 72. "

Anonymous March 29, 2016

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I've suffered for over 20 years with PTSD in addition to ADD, so my adrenal system is shot. My fight or flight is 0-100 with anger at times so severe I've received felony charges. I witnessed a horrific murder, was raped and held at gunpoint with my baby daughter for over a week. My trauma was so severe I had and still have memory loss. I believed I was dead for over 5 years and had a memory of me being shot. What I want to say about this medication is it saved my life, I've been on it for about 6 months and it works. I am going to see about taking it during the day as well...I wish you all the best of luck and pray you remain strong through your battle with PTSD."

PTSD1111 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 22, 2016

For Nightmares: "After the trial 4-6 weeks trial to see if it would work, it doesn't. Still very vivid nightmares."

Shelbylien March 10, 2016

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I have had years of sleep disturbance's due to PTSD, from having to live in high anxiety and violent situations. So my Dr. prescribed Prazosin, and right away I was sleeping at least 8 hours a night without waking or nightmares. I am not having any side affects that I am aware of and am very glad to be taking it."

mbrady1960 February 29, 2016

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "after getting off of the Max of trazadone my doctor prescribed me this so I can get a better nights rest without having nightmares. This has been making me stay up all night. It's acting like speed and is increasing my heart rate. I feel dizzy and nauseous and I am shaking as if I had a gallon of black coffee."

milkipie (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2016

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I know you have to wait at least 3-4 weeks. So far I'm on week 3 and still unsure if it works. First few nights on 1mg a day, I flipped up out of my sleep several times. Dr increased it to 2mg a day and I still can't get consistent sleep patterns. Some days yes and others no. One night I stayed up like I was on drugs. Finally passed out around 1am. Week 3, I've now gotten the "gotta go to the bathroom #2" side effect which my doctor says happens. It's like a sore stomach with diarrhea but not full blown diarrhea. The one good thing is my BP has responded to the meds. Less nightmares but then again I'm not really sleeping either. I'm still going to continue and see where it goes."

BlueLake11 February 12, 2016

Minipress (prazosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "Flomax works better for BPH but this med is more tolerable for longer usage and does wonders for PTSD!"

Whatjj (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2016

For Nightmares: "It worked OK the first couple of nights then terrible sweat soaked nightmares returned, but they go back and forth and I was instructed to stop taking it a week after I started and now my nightmares are on and off. I told my mother today that I think it was a placebo but even if it is I'm very happy it slowed the night terrors a lot."

Jasmine nice ray January 26, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "does not have the ability to reduce blood pressure I am taking this medication 2 times a day morning and late afternoon Apo- praosin 1MG"

marshall haber (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2016