User Reviews for Prazosin

5.1

Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia

Summary of Prazosin reviews 7.5 120 reviews

Reviews for Prazosin

For Nightmares: "I am a Vietnam Vet and came home with PTSD. I had treatment when I first returned to the states and went almost 55 years with only a nightmare on occasion. One Sunday at church something happen and it sent me back to a time and place. The nightmares returned not only at night but day time as well and once asleep I couldn't wake up. I would tear up the bedding/I was a basket case, I didn't want to sleep but I did. After 6 weeks my mental health nurses at the VA recommended Prazosin. I started at a 1 mg twice daily. That was the first night without nightmares in almost 6 weeks. On the third night I started with the nightmares again. My daily dosage is now at 12 mg and I feel I am alive because of this medication. I also had high blood pressure and this medication with my others has dropped my BP to what it was when I was 20, and my sex life is like I was 40 again. This is one magic drug. I have not noticed any bad side effects"

Handful July 31, 2018

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Initially worked well however within 2 weeks the effects were non-existent. Extremely short life-span of effectiveness before being required to increase the dose."

Jay (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 21, 2018

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Wow, I have PTSD due to husbands sex addiction. I had obtrusive thoughts and extremely high startle response so that I hated nights. Sleep eluded me and my mind dwelled. FINALLY! I sleep great and woke up SO HAPPY! I hope it lasts.. I took 1mg before bed. I got a light headache and felt a tad light headed but WORTH IT! I hope all people struggling with PTSD at night tries this! It is great!"

Laydee (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "I have PTSD, anxiety and panic attacks. I had nightmares 7 nights a week, they were so bad I didn't want to go to sleep anymore. My doctor gave me prazosin and for the first time the nightmares were gone. You have to take it every night because if you don't the nightmares will come back. I have been on every medication for my PTSD and as far as my horrible nightmares..prazosin is by far the best."

Joe joe (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2018

For Nightmares: "I was so excited to read the reviews and hopefully get a good nights sleep finally. It didn't work for me. Panic attacks accompanied the nightmares and extreme dizziness all day long. :("

Jen (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2018

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I've been prescribed (thankfully) a pretty low-dose. It gives me migraines and stuffy nose. My suspicions were correct: I'm within that 1-10% of people who are affected with this sinus blockage problem everytime I take this pill. Of course, this is counterintuitive to my sleeping issues since not being able to breathe wakes me up from sleep."

V2Victory (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2018

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Like all medications Prazosin works only temporarily. Deep meditation allowing the feelings and traumatic experiences to be felt has helped me more than medications. "

b (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 30, 2018

For Nightmares: "Prazosin has been a MIRACLE drug for me to take away nightmares. From the very first night that I took Prazosin, this has worked for me IMMEDIATELY. Eventually, when it seemed that I was starting to have some negative dreams, I simply doubled the dosage - and I never again had any dreams even close to nightmares !!!"

Blaire (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 4, 2018

For Nightmares: "I have been taken this medicine for about 3 years for PTSD. (Nightmares) It is a life saver for me. Only bad thing I guess is I have no dreams at all. It helps with my blood pressure also. The VA prescribes this for me."

Waterblanched February 15, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "Vivid nightmares--I awaken soaked through my clothes even though the house is less than 68 degrees. My heart races and the dreams have shaken me to flight. Now on Prazosin, 2mg, I sleep through most nights. Sometimes I wake and have had a dream, but it only woke me; it didn't send me to panic. Losing a father to Vietnam and all the childhood issues of being with a widowed mother--trying to raise 5 children on her own has come to haunt me in my dreams. The Prazosin has given me my sleep back."

Litfit (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 15, 2018

For Nightmares: "I can't even put into words what a life changer this medication is for me. I've had terrible nightmares every night since I was a teenager, and have been taking antidepressants for them for a decade, to little effect. Prazosin has given me the ability to wake up without shakiness, terrible memories of my dreams, and nausea for the first time in decades. I am endlessly grateful."

Addy88 January 13, 2018

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I started taking this medication in August 2017 after having PTSD for 14 years. I had to get an increased dosage to 2mg due to a really bad PTSD attack. I have been noticing a lot of calmness but I occasionally have my nightmares but not as intense as they used to be. I recommend this to people like me that took them years even decades to be put on medication. BTW, DO NOT DRINK CAFFEINE WITH THIS MEDS BEFORE YOU GO TO BED.. YOU WILL BE UP ALL NIGHT."

JasmineDucky December 29, 2017

For Nightmares: "I was prescribed Prazosin to help tame my exhausting vivid dreams. I wasn’t having nightmares per se, but my dreams constantly woke me, and I was exhausted the next day. It really seems to help. It’s like I’m an observer since starting this, rather than participant, and able to sleep much more restfully."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 26, 2017

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I have had PTSD since childhood. I have had so many different remedies and prescriptions. None of them have ever stopped the screaming and fighting completely. This has done the most instead of every night now it’s just once in a while. I agree with others alcohol will only make your PTSD worse. Exercise is well help angling with this pill. Don’t take if you need to get up in a few hours...."

Cinderrose November 26, 2017

For Anxiety and Stress: "Is it possible to have a reverse reaction to this drug? I started 1mg per day and I’ve had INCREDIBLY vivid dreams, about 8 dreams per night. thankfullly none are nightmares but some are stressful like a dream about my boss yelling at me. I also can’t stand up for long about 3 hours into it, I get dizzy, I start hearing colors if that makes sense, and I lose touch with reality. It’s all relieved by sitting or lying down again. The last but not least side effect is heart palpitations which are exacerbated by even the least physical activity like standing up. I assumed this was just first dose syndrome and it would work properly once my body adjusted to it. The thing is, it’s been two weeks now and I’m starting to think these opposite effects aren’t gonna go away"

gargoylegiirl (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2017

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I feel like this drug has helped with my nightmares and PTSD. My dreams are much more vivid and more detailed, but I'm not being chased are dragged anymore in them. I am retaining more water than usual."

Liz$2 September 25, 2017

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I take prazosin for PTSD-induced nightmares. It WORKS for me. Everyone is different but this medication has prevented nightmares and waking up in a panic for me. I have not had any side effects whatsoever."

thecoochie (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2017

For Anxiety and Stress: "Prazosin is very helpful for anxiety and stress, especially for those with occupations that require vigilance. I started with 1 mg at bedtime for nightmares and insomnia, but started taking it during the daytime as well for stress and anxiety. Only when I first started did I have a few episodes of mild dizziness, but the dizziness is gone now. It also seems to help with BPH symptoms."

JTHESS76 July 14, 2017

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I'm a former paramedic with Complex-PTSD, and I've been taking Prazosin for one year to help with my nightmares. I used to kick and scream during my nightmares. I woke up so sweaty I had to change during the night, and sleep in a different spot. I still have nightmares, but they aren't terrifying like they used to be. I no longer have night sweats. My only beef is with the major dizziness and tachycardia the following morning. I've tried stopping these meds because of the side-effects, but trust me: the benefits far outweigh them."

MamanMedic (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 23, 2017

For Raynaud's Syndrome: "Helped a ton at night when I'm prone to white and purple hands and feet. Was prescribed this for nightmares and sleep problems related to anxiety. Works for both, just happen to be an added bonus that is works on my Raynauds Phenomenon."

Elizabeth1234 May 12, 2017

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "My 21 year old son died on Jan 13, 2017 after this I immediately started having vivid horrible nightmares. My doctor put me on Prazosin, the nightmares have stopped. It works great for me."

RN Allie (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 2, 2017

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "This pill has literally saved my life. I use to have dreams that would cause me to relive my traumas and I won't even describe my experience from there but it was as bad as if was happening again. Now I sleep in peace. I have taken this miracle pill for over 10 years now and it has worked. I also sometimes take a pill to actually help me fall asleep but that is a different problem and one that I have dealt with my entire life. Good luck to all of us who suffer with PTSD. The best advice I have is, stay away from alcohol, it does not help, it just appears to. It is really just the devil in disguise."

Angela Einstein (taken for 10 years or more) April 1, 2017

For Nightmares: "I started taking Prazosin in 2012 when I was diagnosed with PSTD & Conversion Disorder. When I first started taking Prazosin It helped me a lot, but like another poster stated it did bring things out that had been pushed Deep into my mind that I had been suppressing for years and didn't know it. I'm glad I take it and will continue taking it. I started 1 - 2 caps bedtime. Then I was just upped to 3/ 1mg. Only side effect I can think of is diarrhea from time to time. I hope this helps others and may God bless you on your journey to finding what works for you."

Fishgal47 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 19, 2017

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "First I wish to thank those with PTSD who shared their experience with Prazosin. I am treated by VA for PTSD w/moral injury, for Prolonged nightly Night Terrors, Night screams, kicking/running legs in deep sleep. (Vietnam Era Combat Vet) I was placed on Prazosin nightly by my Psychiatrist about 4 years ago...at 1mg, and graduating to 6 mg by 2016. I take Sertraline in the morning..along with two cups of strong coffee to get me into a relatively normal routine. Sertraline helps with sudden noise anxiety and social conflict management. Prazosin causes me to crave sleep within an hour....I fall into deep sleep within minutes of lying down. The terrors and screams are very rare now. My dog is trained to awaken me on Alarm. I am grateful."

RETVET (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 1, 2017

For Anxiety and Stress: "Best thing that's ever happened to me. ....why aren't more people getting this pill?"

Brando33333 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 19, 2017