User Reviews for Prazosin

5.1

Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia

Summary of Prazosin reviews 7.5 125 reviews

Reviews for Prazosin

For Nightmares: "I'm on 20 my of Prazosin a day, 15 mg at night, and 5 mg in the morning. Works like a charm for me. Night terrors are totally gone."

Samiam (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2018

For Nightmares: "I started on one mg of prazosin two months ago. My PTSD is slightly better however my nightmares became more vivid. I do feel better throughout the day but have fainted twice from the drug lowering my blood pressure. I’m also taking ten mg of Lisiniprol each evening. The fainting experiences were frightening as I hit my head and awoke with blood coming from my right eye area. Left a scar. I could not move but lay shaking sweating sick to my stomach. Second episode I fainted but I knew I was going to so I tried to sit down on my couch. I did faint but what woke me was I was vomiting profusely. That scared me as I could have died from my own vomit had I been flat on the floor. I’m weaning myself off of it as this drug is too much for me. It is very powerful. Granted we are individuals who have different reactions. It’s great that it works for some but I’ll take the nightmares over the drug as I am very frightened of it. Just not for everyone."

Laci (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2018

For Nightmares: "This is a true miracle drug for treating PTSD related nightmares and night terrors. This drug has to be increased very slowly and gradually to reduce side effects such as dizziness. I have read that this drug can be increased to a maximum of 25mg per day. But I would start with 1 mg and gradually up the dose over a period of weeks/months until your symptoms disappear. Sleep like a new born baby LITERALLY after years of suffering with the most horrendous of nightmares I was terrified to go to sleep. Now that's a thing of the past. I have been experimenting with using Prazosin during the day but it seems most effective when taken 1 hour before bed. I have flashbacks during the day so I will be writing another review/report in the next few months after experimenting with 3mg first thing in the morning and 5mg at night. This also works well with Melatonin 3mg."

alphamale-0151-UK September 7, 2018

For Nightmares: "I did not tolerate this rx. I have naturally lower bp & the very 1st time I tried it, my bp tanked. I laid on the floor, head swimming every time I moved. It took hours & hours of that real life nightmare before I could even move more than an inch. Please, please be very careful with minipress."

Bulit (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2018

For Nightmares: "I take this medication at 2mg nightly for PTSD related nightmares. Prior to taking this I had vivid nightmares multiple times a night every night and would scream, cry, choke in my sleep basically everything you prefer NOT to do while you’re sleeping. Since being on this medication I have maybe 1 to 2 nightmares a week at MOST, and when I do they are nothing severe. I still sleep through the night and the details of the dream are usually foggy anyways. I would definitely recommend this to someone looking for a possible solution for PTSD induced nightmares."

MJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2018

For Nightmares: "I am a Vietnam Vet and came home with PTSD. I had treatment when I first returned to the states and went almost 55 years with only a nightmare on occasion. One Sunday at church something happen and it sent me back to a time and place. The nightmares returned not only at night but day time as well and once asleep I couldn't wake up. I would tear up the bedding/I was a basket case, I didn't want to sleep but I did. After 6 weeks my mental health nurses at the VA recommended Prazosin. I started at a 1 mg twice daily. That was the first night without nightmares in almost 6 weeks. On the third night I started with the nightmares again. My daily dosage is now at 12 mg and I feel I am alive because of this medication. I also had high blood pressure and this medication with my others has dropped my BP to what it was when I was 20, and my sex life is like I was 40 again. This is one magic drug. I have not noticed any bad side effects"

Handful July 31, 2018

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Initially worked well however within 2 weeks the effects were non-existent. Extremely short life-span of effectiveness before being required to increase the dose."

Jay (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 21, 2018

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Wow, I have PTSD due to husbands sex addiction. I had obtrusive thoughts and extremely high startle response so that I hated nights. Sleep eluded me and my mind dwelled. FINALLY! I sleep great and woke up SO HAPPY! I hope it lasts.. I took 1mg before bed. I got a light headache and felt a tad light headed but WORTH IT! I hope all people struggling with PTSD at night tries this! It is great!"

Laydee (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "I have PTSD, anxiety and panic attacks. I had nightmares 7 nights a week, they were so bad I didn't want to go to sleep anymore. My doctor gave me prazosin and for the first time the nightmares were gone. You have to take it every night because if you don't the nightmares will come back. I have been on every medication for my PTSD and as far as my horrible nightmares..prazosin is by far the best."

Joe joe (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2018

For Nightmares: "I was so excited to read the reviews and hopefully get a good nights sleep finally. It didn't work for me. Panic attacks accompanied the nightmares and extreme dizziness all day long. :("

Jen (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2018

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I've been prescribed (thankfully) a pretty low-dose. It gives me migraines and stuffy nose. My suspicions were correct: I'm within that 1-10% of people who are affected with this sinus blockage problem everytime I take this pill. Of course, this is counterintuitive to my sleeping issues since not being able to breathe wakes me up from sleep."

V2Victory (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2018

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Like all medications Prazosin works only temporarily. Deep meditation allowing the feelings and traumatic experiences to be felt has helped me more than medications. "

b (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 30, 2018

For Nightmares: "Prazosin has been a MIRACLE drug for me to take away nightmares. From the very first night that I took Prazosin, this has worked for me IMMEDIATELY. Eventually, when it seemed that I was starting to have some negative dreams, I simply doubled the dosage - and I never again had any dreams even close to nightmares !!!"

Blaire (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 4, 2018

For Nightmares: "I have been taken this medicine for about 3 years for PTSD. (Nightmares) It is a life saver for me. Only bad thing I guess is I have no dreams at all. It helps with my blood pressure also. The VA prescribes this for me."

Waterblanched February 15, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "Vivid nightmares--I awaken soaked through my clothes even though the house is less than 68 degrees. My heart races and the dreams have shaken me to flight. Now on Prazosin, 2mg, I sleep through most nights. Sometimes I wake and have had a dream, but it only woke me; it didn't send me to panic. Losing a father to Vietnam and all the childhood issues of being with a widowed mother--trying to raise 5 children on her own has come to haunt me in my dreams. The Prazosin has given me my sleep back."

Litfit (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 15, 2018

For Nightmares: "I can't even put into words what a life changer this medication is for me. I've had terrible nightmares every night since I was a teenager, and have been taking antidepressants for them for a decade, to little effect. Prazosin has given me the ability to wake up without shakiness, terrible memories of my dreams, and nausea for the first time in decades. I am endlessly grateful."

Addy88 January 13, 2018

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I started taking this medication in August 2017 after having PTSD for 14 years. I had to get an increased dosage to 2mg due to a really bad PTSD attack. I have been noticing a lot of calmness but I occasionally have my nightmares but not as intense as they used to be. I recommend this to people like me that took them years even decades to be put on medication. BTW, DO NOT DRINK CAFFEINE WITH THIS MEDS BEFORE YOU GO TO BED.. YOU WILL BE UP ALL NIGHT."

JasmineDucky December 29, 2017

For Nightmares: "I was prescribed Prazosin to help tame my exhausting vivid dreams. I wasn’t having nightmares per se, but my dreams constantly woke me, and I was exhausted the next day. It really seems to help. It’s like I’m an observer since starting this, rather than participant, and able to sleep much more restfully."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 26, 2017

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I have had PTSD since childhood. I have had so many different remedies and prescriptions. None of them have ever stopped the screaming and fighting completely. This has done the most instead of every night now it’s just once in a while. I agree with others alcohol will only make your PTSD worse. Exercise is well help angling with this pill. Don’t take if you need to get up in a few hours...."

Cinderrose November 26, 2017

For Anxiety and Stress: "Is it possible to have a reverse reaction to this drug? I started 1mg per day and I’ve had INCREDIBLY vivid dreams, about 8 dreams per night. thankfullly none are nightmares but some are stressful like a dream about my boss yelling at me. I also can’t stand up for long about 3 hours into it, I get dizzy, I start hearing colors if that makes sense, and I lose touch with reality. It’s all relieved by sitting or lying down again. The last but not least side effect is heart palpitations which are exacerbated by even the least physical activity like standing up. I assumed this was just first dose syndrome and it would work properly once my body adjusted to it. The thing is, it’s been two weeks now and I’m starting to think these opposite effects aren’t gonna go away"

gargoylegiirl (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2017

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I feel like this drug has helped with my nightmares and PTSD. My dreams are much more vivid and more detailed, but I'm not being chased are dragged anymore in them. I am retaining more water than usual."

Liz$2 September 25, 2017

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I take prazosin for PTSD-induced nightmares. It WORKS for me. Everyone is different but this medication has prevented nightmares and waking up in a panic for me. I have not had any side effects whatsoever."

thecoochie (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2017

For Anxiety and Stress: "Prazosin is very helpful for anxiety and stress, especially for those with occupations that require vigilance. I started with 1 mg at bedtime for nightmares and insomnia, but started taking it during the daytime as well for stress and anxiety. Only when I first started did I have a few episodes of mild dizziness, but the dizziness is gone now. It also seems to help with BPH symptoms."

JTHESS76 July 14, 2017

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I'm a former paramedic with Complex-PTSD, and I've been taking Prazosin for one year to help with my nightmares. I used to kick and scream during my nightmares. I woke up so sweaty I had to change during the night, and sleep in a different spot. I still have nightmares, but they aren't terrifying like they used to be. I no longer have night sweats. My only beef is with the major dizziness and tachycardia the following morning. I've tried stopping these meds because of the side-effects, but trust me: the benefits far outweigh them."

MamanMedic (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 23, 2017

For Raynaud's Syndrome: "Helped a ton at night when I'm prone to white and purple hands and feet. Was prescribed this for nightmares and sleep problems related to anxiety. Works for both, just happen to be an added bonus that is works on my Raynauds Phenomenon."

Elizabeth1234 May 12, 2017