User Reviews for Flomax

Overactive Bladder 9 reviews 22 medications

4.9
Summary of Flomax reviews 136 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Flomax

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "Started taking it .04 but first retrograde ejaculation... Then stuffed nose Then constipation Then flutter of heart That was two weeks now It did change my counts To the bathroom from 6 to twice in one evening........"

Airod August 8, 2016

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "I was suffering for many weeks with pain , extreme urge to urinate at getting up 10-15 times a night . Urine volume was low plus very weak stream . My doctor subscribed Flomax . Took the first one four hours before bedtime . Almost cried because all the symptoms disappeared . Finally a good nights sleep . Couldn't believe how fast it worked . After a couple of days was back to my normal self . Normal stream , no pain or urge to urinate . Though it was a miracle drug . Then , after three days , the side affects started showing up . First a slightly sore back . Then overall general muscle weakness , dry ejaculation ( reverse ) , soft erection , very weak orgasm at first and finally no orgasm period . Stopped using this today . Day 5 ."

Cazzilo July 31, 2016

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "Almost immediately elimination of night time visits to bathroom...and accompanying discomfort of urination ..could sleep all night and in the morning no painful urination... First night or 2 encountered mild side effects including mild nasal congestion and minor headaches or occasional back pain, but side effects went away after a few days... certainly manageable but sensed no immediate or significant flow improvements (strange) .... Now 2 weeks in flow is improving ...no erection issues except reduced semen (who cares) and occassional multiple orgasms...a great trade off... Give it a try for a month unless side effects are unbearable.but keep in mind such posts and blogs usually attract folks who have issues rather than those who dont"

Cody2277 July 14, 2016

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "I have been using a combination of Flomax with Finesteride for a period of say 2 years. Actually this drug met my requirement, such as smooth urination and broad and fast streeming. If I forget to take this capsule in one night, in the morning all troubles relapse. Disadventage is the side effects. I am having so many mild problems, such as postural hypotension, peeling inside hands and legs, mild migraine, intermittent constipation, but I don't know whether I can attribute all these complaints to the drug. My serious problem is retrograde ejaculation. Fortunately there is no priapism. Second serious problem is meagre erection, so I seldom share bed with my wife. But masturbate once weekly, which does not require full erection."

Hamza, Indian aged 70 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 23, 2016

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "I have had pain in my right testicle for years. I was put on flowmax and symptoms got quite better and unlike many others my ejaculations improve."

Duffydo June 16, 2016

For Urinary Tract Stones "Female age 35 with history of kidney stones. Went to ER for kidney stone pain on a Friday, was given a shot of Flomax and a prescription to take daily. Saw urologist and received CAT scan on Monday - one 5mm kidney stone in ureter and two more (one in each kidney) to come. On day six of Flomax and going to stop taking it - feeling very dizzy, nauseous, tired with chills/low fever at night. Still haven't passed the stone but can't take these side affects. Doctor said I can go back on Flomax anytime if my kidney stone pain comes back and I need it to help pass this stone."

Female35 (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2016

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "Flomax works great and quickly too, but it sure makes me feel bad. I find myself skipping days and those days I feel much better. When I take it I feel tired, slow, and light-headed...like I'm in a bit of a fog. I also notice that my vision is very much blurred when I take this drug. It takes hours after waking for my vision to be somewhat clearer. I'm supposed to take it twice a day, but once a day is more than sufficient. There doesn't seem to be a lower dosage in a capsule, so I open them and dump some of it out. It's pretty inexpensive so that's not a problem."

jpozenel May 17, 2016

183 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "Very fast heart beat"

DRB44l (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2016

For Urinary Tract Stones "I've passed several stones, this was one of the worst and the first time flomax was prescribed. I have never had such ease passing a stone before and would highly recommend this for anyone suffering from a stone."

Bellerose (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2016

For Urinary Tract Stones "I went to emergency 7 days ago with kidney pain. I had stone in both kidneys. 5mm to right, 3 mm to left. Two doctors talked to me one was experienced & other was & fresh graduate. They told me I am going through surgery. I am self employed I had bad experience with fresh grad doctor 2 years ago. He operated me for lithotripsy & put a stent in me. Stent was not placed properly & I know how I spent 2 weeks with stent. Now I refused to become their practice animal. They prescribed me flomax 0.4mg for 7 days. I passed small stone within 5 days next two days I passed second stone. Only discomfort was shortness in breath, a little bleeding from nose & frequent urge to pee. I continue my business in this duration. Thanks flomax."

Mian sb (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2016

For Urinary Tract Stones "felt the familiar symptoms of a stone. doctor said it was 4 mm. gave me flowmax. I had symptoms of the stone for about 3 days. Took one flowmax pill, and within 8 hours the stone passed. My past experience was to have two stones stick and require surgery. Was it the flowmax, or would it have passed on its own? Who knows....for now I am a believer!"

spud1000 March 24, 2016

For Urinary Tract Stones "I have frequent kidney stones and for awhile was at a lose on how to deal with them. Eventually, after several horrible hospital trips, my primary doctor prescribed me Flomax and told me to take one a day during an attack. Flomax has been an absolute life saver for me. Within an hour, my pain subsides and I am normally able to pass the stone that same day. I carry Flomax with me everywhere now. It has helped reduce the anxiety I had about when my next kidney stone would occur because I know I have a pill that really works."

Lyndsayxo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 16, 2016

For Urinary Tract Stones "I had a kidney stone 2 millimeters for two weeks I just find out about Flomax I took one pill and 5 hours later the stone was out I recommend this to everyone who have a kidney stone that really works Flomax really works"

gigi101 March 14, 2016

For Urinary Tract Stones "Had severe pain in right side went to ER They gave me pain med and did a CT scan found A 3mm stone sent me home feeling real good I took a anti nausea med Flomax and pain meds for pain. I took on a lot of water felt pain from time to time as stone traveled 5th day had a good amount of discomfort in groin area while in shower after had pain peed a little pushed hard with muscles in abdomen nothing came down. Took more Meds got up peed it out after a couple hours. Flomax made me pee hard but no bad side affects"

Sweet machinist March 7, 2016

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "Improved urine flow in the beginning, but over time it seems to lose effectiveness. Doing 0.4mg tablet, 1 per day. Sideffects: just feel weak all around and have dry ejaculations."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2016

For Urinary Tract Stones "Diagnosed with 5 mm stone in October. Dull ache in lower back and pink urine. Given flomax and started drinking 1.5 gallons of water a day. In February to ER with extreme pain - could not stand or sit - pain felt like a spasm that started mildly in my lower left abdomen and then grew to the point of extreme (10/10) from my abdomen down to my feet. CT showed stone had moved just slightly to the outflow of my kidney. Had procedure to remove it with ureteral stent placement afterwards. If flomax did anything, I am not aware of it."

TD1960 February 25, 2016

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "just started taking flomax (generic)..waiting to see what happens. On the web, most of the reviews are very negative and not encouraging. Why does this drug still get prescribed ? With all of the negative reviews I have just read, it really amazes me this drug is used for BHP.."

Trouper72 (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2016

For Urinary Tract Stones "Six weeks postpartum of having my baby I started experiencing UTI symptoms. After two rounds of antibiotics, ruling out appendicitis, the dr. concluded it must be a kidney stone. Told me to drink lots of water. For a month I experienced dull pain, extreme pain, to no pain. Finally I had excruciating pain. My hubby drove me to the hospital. Went to the Outpatient building (to avoid ER cost). Got CT scan and KUB scan. The urologist fit us in that day to look over. I had a 7mm stone that had reached my ureter. She prescribed Flomax. After 1 dose and 9 hours later, I passed the stone. Didn't even feel it pass! Woke up next morning and didnt feel pain. Went back to Outpatient for KUB scan and showed no stone! Only symptoms were dizziness."

HME February 5, 2016

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "I have severe back pain and have been vomiting"

DIGGER 1 (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2016

For Urinary Tract Stones "I get stones frequently, have had lythotripsy for two of them. Finally I saw a new urologist and she gave me Flomax. I had Zero side effects. It didn't make me pee more often but when I did go it was like a raging river and moved my stone rift on out quickly. I will never have another stone without being prescribed Flomax and I tell any of my friends who get stones to use it. Also when I did pee it completely emptied my bladder/kidneys and relieves so much pressure. Life saver for sure !!!!"

Carvertwin77 January 23, 2016

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "I have been taking Flomax-CR in tablet (pill) form for over two years for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. After few side effects, it performed as expected, I am able to sleep 5 ~ 6 hours without need to go to the washroom. However, after a year of taking Flomax-CR, constipation problems with bloated intestine appeared more and more frequently with more and more acute severe pain every time it occurred. Thanks to my wife, a chemist , found the probable cause was found after putting a tablet (pill) in an acid solution to mimic the gastric environment and observing the evolution with time. The tablet swells to the size of a small marshmallow and doesn't dissolve even after a month time. Looking at Flomax on internet, it appeared that it was usually provided as a capsule rather than a tablet. I consulted with my doctor, then my pharmacist and asked for capsules instead of tablets as well as a laxative to flush my intestine before starting the capsules. I have been taking capsules for five weeks now without any occurrence of constipation, bloating and abdominal cramps. A test was run to compare capsules versus tablets (pills), stimulating the stomach environment and using distilled water as a blank. The following picture shows clearly the results. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-hlDGSKHrGCYVZHcDJrTjlxZW8 In the acidic environment solution, the capsule dissolves within few hours at room temperature. The tablet swells to a small marshmallow size (10~15 mm) and sticks to the glass wall of the tube. Two weeks later, the swelled tablet is still not dissolved and its consistency is similar to non-set epoxy glue. In conclusion, it might be important to me to know ahead the side effects of all the non medical part of a prescribed drug entering the digestive system as much as the active ingredients. Constipation and abdominal cramps are listed as possible side effect for Flomax-CR which is a control released tablet. Web search shows that Flomax-CR is only available in Canada: The low rating (3/10) is for Flomax-CR (pills). I would give a rating (7/10) to Flomax in capsules."

Jeannot Lapin (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 22, 2016

For Urinary Tract Stones "I was hit with severe pain on a Friday morning. Ended up in the emergency room with a 6mm kidney stone on my right side. I was given Morphine and Toradol thru IV. I didn't hurt as much Saturday. In Sunday the pain came back and I ended back in the ER. I ended up with an awful UTI with this kidney stone. This time I was prescribed an antibiotic and Flomax. I filled it Monday and took one immediately. My stomach felt a little weird. A little bloating occurred. I drank a lot of water with lemon and Gatorade. I eased up on pain meds Tues only took my flomax. Weds morning I took it early and went back to bed. I got up to pee and there it was at the bottom of toilet. Didn't hurt or feel it at all."

6MM (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2016

For Urinary Tract Stones "Ten hours after taking the first dose I had a pulse rate of 126, atrial fibrillation, arrythmia, and high hypertension. I took no more."

PentecostalChristian January 17, 2016

For Urinary Tract Stones "Flomax helps in the passing of kidney stone had stone for two months but wasn't drinking enough water. I stared drinking 1gal of water every day also 3 glasses of lemon n water and 3 cups of hibiscus tea in two days passed stone."

ERNIE R December 30, 2015

For Urinary Tract Stones "After kidney stone surgery 3 weeks ago I was given the Flomax to rid myself of the smaller stones. After reading on line the horror stories of this drug's side effects, which included running nose, blurred vision and unable to achieve orgasm, I was very reluctant to use it. I'm happy to report in the limited time using Flomax, I've had no side effects. I mean none."

Rickysllc123 (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2015