User Reviews for Flomax

5.4

Overactive Bladder

Summary of Flomax reviews 6.4 197 reviews

Reviews for Flomax

For Urinary Tract Stones "I was prescribed Flomax to help with expelling a kidney stone. Initially it made me feel sluggish and like I was in a fog. After five days, more severe side effects started—throbbing headache, lack of appetite, chills, flu-like symptoms, difficultly sleeping, and severe diarrhea. The side effects of this medication were really terrible. Stopped it after five days due to awful side effects."

KK (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2019

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "I used this for BHP I took it for 9 months before quitting due to side effects. It helped some on getting up at night, but not worth it. My ejaculate almost disappeared before I realized it was happening. Also my sexual desire decreased. Replaced flomax with doxazosin, which was a little better, but not much. Stopped everything and had Rezum procedure. Now I am back to normal. Meds with negative sexual side effects are not for me."

Louie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 16, 2019

For Urinary Tract Stones "It helped me pass a stone but the side effects were terrible. I passed out 2-3 times. Each time going from a laying to standing position (postural hypotension). Suffered from extreme fatigue and muscle aches and sexual side effects like failed ejaculation."

Jesse88 (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2019

For Overactive Bladder "91 year old white male. Prostate very small. PSA 0.1. However, overactive bladder due to diuretic. Urologist put me on Tamsulosin for this reason. I prefer the overactive and considering discontinuing. Question. Is anyone using Tamsulosin for kidney failure?"

GUARDHOUSE LAWYER (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 31, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "I have been taking Flomax for a week now, passing pee improved a lot, however I experienced a severe stomach cramp which lasted about six hours, constant niggley head ache and a strange feeling of vertigo, blurry vision on and off. Today my whole abdomen feels like on fire! Also feels like fever shakes. .Terrible side effects at least for me. I rather continue herbal treatment which has worked for the last ten years or so."

Icarus (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2018

For Urinary Tract Stones "2014 I had back pain and after a scan found out I had a kidney stone located at the top of the ureter. I don't recall the size but it was slightly too big to pass. My doctor suggested we might need to "take it out" if it didn't pass. I did some research on remedies. Drank lemon juice and olive oil like crazy, but nothing. Then discovered info online about Flomax helping. I suggested it to my doctor, he was reluctant but said "ok". I took Flomax for 2 days. The dull back pain went away almost immediately. I stopped taking it and must have passed it. Never felt it again! Thank you Flomax! PS Side effects do seem to start in 2-3 days. So, short courses with breaks in between recommended."

Angela (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "I was having the usual symptoms - hesitation, weak stream, frequency day and night, incomplete emptying - sometimes couldn't go at all unless I got in a hot shower. Very frustrating. I started and stopped this twice. First time was alarmed at ejaculation problems (no semen), the second time for irregular heartbeat. But the side effects seem to have subsided this third try even though I I don't ejaculate, I do reach orgasm. This is a minor bother compared to how effective it is at solving all my symptoms. I've been on it two weeks."

Pee Shy (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "This medication helped with the symptoms from an enlarge prostate. After several years My Dr. had to increase the dosage to .08mg which again relieve the problems. I’ve been on it for over 10 years with very little side effects. It was well worth the relief."

Steve (taken for 10 years or more) November 3, 2018

For Overactive Bladder "Side effects were horrible. Depression, sluggishness etc. Would not use again"

localguy1 (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2018

For Urinary Tract Stones "3 weeks ago I had my first experience with kidney stones, and holy moly excruciating at that. I’m no sook I have extremely high pain tolerance broken bones and no major pain killers needed. But kidney stones are a complete different ballgame, had me in tears. I’ve passed just over 30 stones ranging from 2mm - 5mm in the first 2 weeks. The last week I have had dull constant pain in my flank area so went to have another scan to hear that I have another 5 stones in my ureter ranging from 2mm-5mm and have a 7mm stone in my kidney. I’m so over the pain and inconvenience it’s caused just want it all gone ASAP so took my first Flomax last night and I felt more pain then what I have in the last week. Not sure if I’m to keen on the Flomax yet but it’s made me feel worse nausea, stomach pain not sure if I wanna take it anymore."

Trucker (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2018

For Urinary Tract Stones "Had kidney stones, had stent put in. Ugly, ugly painful surgery. Stent removal was just as bad as the surgery. When you ask the nurses how bad the stent removal will be, and they say, you have to ask the doctor, you know it's going to be bad. Flomax helped with the flow, but the side effects are unbearable. Back pain, nausea, low blood pressure, dry ejaculation, flu symptoms. Good bye FloMax."

Catman (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 15, 2018

For Urinary Tract Stones "Had a 4 mm kidney stone and was told it is likely to take 3 - 4 weeks to pass. Offered a stent, which I refused. Started Flomax and stone passed 2 days later. Read one online case note about the use of Flomax which suggested it was more effective for larger stones (6 - 7 mm) and only marginal benefit for smaller stones. I think the marginal benefit was because stones smaller in size are expected to pass on their own. However, it is my opinion that Flomax sped the passage of this smaller stone. It also worked to relieve the pain. For anyone suffering with kidney stones, trying Flomax is a must."

Matt (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "While Flomax definitely helps with ease and volume of urination, the side effects are just too much. This is the second time I’ve tried it. The first time (about a year ago) I stopped for the horrible side effects and decided I would never take it again. This time I guess I forgot about those because I told my Dr. I wanted to try it again. Within a day or two I stopped getting up as much at night, I had a more powerful stream, and I didn’t feel the urgent sensation to pee as much. I also experience dizziness, nausea, headaches, toothaches, ejaculation problems, and for some reason it makes me have a hard time breathing. I’m stopping it today for the second time. Hopefully I’ll remember these side effects the next time I think I might want to take it."

Ipeefreely (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 4, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "They need to go back to the drawing board and redesign this drug. The side effects are unacceptable."

Avg Joe (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 25, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "Has way too many side effects dizziness, fatigue, myalgia and it made me constipated. It really seems like our doctors don’t know anything. I’ve been using natural supplements and I actually have a quality of life that is bearable. Going to China to be cured. Alpha blockers are designed to make you stay on a life treatment with horrible symptoms. No thank you I’ll stick with my own recipes that I came up with that help more than anything any doctor has given me. All the doctors think I’m crazy but they’re just programmed that way and very text book. Think outside the box people, if your treatments don’t work it is time to do more research."

Huggy bear (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2018

For Urinary Tract Stones "In a couple of days my kidney stones passed out with no probs"

Jimmy September 9, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "After 1 week of flomax, urine flow was slightly effected. I have started experiencing dizziness, extreme fatigue, weakness, nausea, diarrhea, headache, chills, body aches and flu like symptoms. Goodbye flomax."

mesher (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "I have frequent urination at night. Dr prescribed Flomax. I took my first pill last evening 30 minutes after dinner. Felt nauseous in the morning. Got up for work and nearly passed out in the shower. Flopped on the bed wrapped in a towel. Had a cold sweat. My BP must have dropped. I did not go to work today and have been lethargic all day. I am not taking Flomax ever again."

Yogi (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "Took Flomax for 1 1/2 years for an enlarged prostate. On the positive side, it did help ease the flow of urine, though not significantly on the frequency. However, my blood pressure kept dropping and on my daily walks I noticed I would often feel like I'm going to pass out or faint. This was happening 4 or 5 times per hour, so I asked my doctor if I could withdraw the medication to see if these attacks or syncope would go away. After 3 days I noticed that the symptoms had gone. It's about 1 month now without an attack. So my personal diagnosis, for what it is worth, is that Flomax can reduce blood pressure enough to cause symptoms akin to syncope."

cricket4692 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 21, 2018

For Urinary Tract Stones "I tried to pass the stone for three weeks my doctor was going to do surgery on Tuesday. Took one Flomax on Saturday night and pass it within three hours. With no pain whatsoever"

GB August 18, 2018

For Urinary Tract Stones "I had a 7 mm kidney stone. I took Flomax for 3 weeks and the ultrasound showed that it had stayed put so the urologist scheduled me for surgery a few days later. When I got to the hospital it had passed without my noticing. I have had a kidney stone before and I know that it can be incredibly painful - much worse than childbirth from my personal experience. Therefore I am very happy with Flomax. I am a woman and Flomax is technically prostate medicine so it was a bit of an ordeal to get my insurance to approve it but well worth it."

Jessica (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2018

For Urinary Tract Stones "Woke with horrific flank pain and went to ER. Cat scan revealed two stones. One at the top of uterer and other still inside kidney. The pain was excruciating. Morphine did nothing. Was given flomax and a shot of diludad. Pain stopped immediately from the diludad. Sent home with pain meds and more flomax to take once a day. Stone passed sometime between the time I left hospital and when the diladad wore off. Took around 6 hours total to pass. Will always keep this drug on hand! It does cause dizziness but Its so worth the side effect. Amazing!!"

Ouchhh (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "I had difficulty urinating due to enlarged prostate. And also had urinary retention. Flomax solved my problem and I now have very strong stream and am easily able to void. Very relieved. The only downside is retrograde ejaculation. No semen comes out at all. But I'm not in any relationship and nor am I trying to get anyone pregnant so it isn't an issue for me"

Quick Healing (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2018

For Urinary Tract Stones "Female here. Had 2 stones one was 24mm and the other is 12 mm. Had Litho on the 24 mm stone 3 weeks ago with a stent and have slept on the toilet since that has been the only comfortable position. Dr. Wouldn' t give me any more pain pills. Then I go in for my "stent removal" he says I still have a lot of sediment to come out yet. As I cried in the office because of the 9 out of 10 out of control misery this stent is and has caused for over 3 weeks. He says well we could try flomax. I take the .4 TWICE a day and let me tell you I peed out more stone in 3 days than I collected in 3 weeks AND the "discomfort" is down to a 2/10. Thankfully cause I have to leave the stent in another 1-2 weeks. At least I'm not crying anymore. My only noticeable side effect is WILDLY detailed and terrifying dreams. But hey, At least I am sleeping."

Jessica (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia "Has made urination easier and less urgent. The only side effect has been retrograde ejaculation. Kind of an odd feeling and no semen in the condom. There is some cloudiness in the urine with the first urination after sexual intercourse. After getting used to the feeling, sex is as pleasurable as it has always been."

Dan (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 2, 2018