User Reviews for Prazosin to treat High Blood Pressure

Also known as: Minipress

Prazosin has an average rating of 4.3 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of High Blood Pressure. 22% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 56% reported a negative effect.

Prazosin Rating Summary

4.3/10 average rating

Compare all 286 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Prazosin

Anonymous March 3, 2011

Minipress (prazosin): “Used this to replace Tenormin which was causing sexual problems (total erectile dysfunction) and mood issues. Taking 1mg daily at night. No ED difficulties, in fact, it has the opposite effect for me, like a daily use ED drug. Blood pressure controlled just as effectively and my mood is back to normal, but not sure if that's because the ED issues are resolved or if Tenormin was impacting my mood.”

anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 21, 2019

Minipress (prazosin): “Minipress was the first drug they tried for high blood pressure back in the late 80s, when I was in the Army. I felt like it would be the end of me. First of all, it made my BP higher than lower. My heart sometimes felt like it was going to pop out of my chest sometimes. I fainted a few times. I would wake up at night and my back would fall asleep. I had some sexual problems from it too. They eventually had me on the max dose, and my BP was sky high. Finally they weaned me off it and put me on lisinopril, which works really well for me. My BP is now normal.”

SexyPillJunky · Taken for less than 1 month November 30, 2015

“Ugh, I took this med and it made my heart race so fast. My pulse rate went up to 116. this medication might work for some people who have ptsd, but it definitely is no good for blood pressure unfortunately.”

Anonymous March 29, 2016

“no medicine could lower my blood pressure from approx.145/ 90. But prazonsin did it, 125 or less/ 65 or less, is fantastic, side effect like light headed, and a little weak or a little shaky. Note I only take half tablet in the morning and nite before bed. Also , when the docter prescribe me prazonsin I was taking telmisartan, and amlodipino, so I did take 40 mg. telmisartan, and one tablet prazosine, but I make a mistake and taken both at the same time,was to much pressure went down to 73/44 and almost fainted. I took some salt and cocacola to make this up but the recover was slow about 2 digits per hour, took near 24 hours,to arrive at a normal to 124/68. So after this I decide to take this but only half in the morning and half at nite my pressure today, 140/70 pulse 49 rite at wake up, after prazosine, 3 hours later,122/66 pulse 72. ”

Dahout March 3, 2021

“Not a good med. Drops BP to very low levels like 70/45 and lower Caused dizziness very hard pounding of heart, very close to passing out, drop on oxygen levels, tiredness, !! This all comes on suddenly.”

Stewby · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 25, 2021

“I've taken APO-PRAZOSIN 5mg on and off for 4 years. I have stopped taking them because of dizziness and nausea. The one thing that is good about them they make you sleep. But I will never take them again.”

Brand name diff? · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 6, 2016

“Using this for parasomnia, bph and bp. Kind of silver bullet. But my new doc tried to give me the brand name... Is it an extended release or just much more expensive? I only take it at night and dizziness hasnt been an issue. Seems to work as well as other bph meds that I have tried, my bp has also been reasonable. Seems to make sleepwalking more infrequent which is why I tried it.”

anon999 March 12, 2015

“This actually elevated my blood pressure dramatically and induced tachycardia and also gave me terrible headaches and nasal congestion.”

PRETTY REDCAR April 12, 2014

Minipress (prazosin): “This medication acts fast, causes me be be jittery, my blood pressure is low and then settles down after a few hours, then my blood pressure rises again. I take 2 a day.”

marshall haber · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2016

“does not have the ability to reduce blood pressure I am taking this medication 2 times a day morning and late afternoon Apo- praosin 1MG”