User Reviews for OxyContin

Learn more about OxyContin.

Pain 191 reviews 1105 medications

8.8
Chronic Pain 62 reviews 112 medications

Summary of OxyContin reviews 253 reviews 8.4

Reviews for OxyContin

For Chronic Pain "I have severe lower back pain. It's mechanical and stretching helps but it's not enough to stop this kind of pain. I started on bupe but it was not enough. I tried Oxycodone at 10mg not helping. OxyContin that lasts many hours at around 40mg works. If I do stuff around the house or walk for a while I need to take 20mg oxycondone on top. I have done this for two years. I think this is a good drug. However, I'm thinking about going back to bupe as the stretching may have helped over the last year. I won't know unless I try."

J-James (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Chronic Pain "For Chronic Pain: I take 40 mg oxycontin 3 times per day. I had c3-c7 laminectomy, fusion, two plates. Degenerative disc disease, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, severe spinal stenosis, regional pain syndrome, bulging disks at t4-t5 and pinched spinal cord in 3 places with severe nerve damage. I was on Morphine Sulfate 30mg for 3 years, now I take the oxycontin with occasional breakthrough meds. I have found 90% of the time, if I take my meds at the same time every day it works just fine, with the occasional bad day here and there. Overall it has worked well for me. I have been on it for a year now."

Bear 75 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 12, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Chronic Pain "They don't work. I take 7.5 mg of percocet for break through pain. I've been in agonizing pain for a year. Possibly having surgery soon. Any suggestions to talk to my dr about . This is horrible with no quality of life."

Rpal (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 24, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Chronic Pain "I have chronic back pain from degenerative disc disease. I have disc herniations from L-2, L-3 down to L-5, S-1; along with spinal stenosis-different moderations depending on the disc and spinal arthritis. To answer someone's question about how many OxyContin 80 ER pills can be prescribed per day. Legally, the answer is 4- 2 in the morning and 2 at night-which is what I receive; at one time they made 160mg OxyContin but they are no longer produced in the US. To whomever said they were prescribed 8 of them a day- illegal or not from the US. It is an extended release medication meant to last 12 hours. I will be the first to say when they switched to the new for Formula, I didn't feel as though they were as effective and went from 2-4."

Nolamom2three (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 19, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Chronic Pain "i am trying to get info on what the max dose should be-I was on eight 80mgs a day-new dr brought me down to three-its not enough-I have been pleading with him for 6 months now-I have been taking them since they first came out and 900 mgs of morphine b4 that-broke my back at 14 I have 6 fused vertebrae with 2 9" herrington rods in my back-2 collapsed discs and full of arthritis I run out early every week I am 65-did all the other things -steroids hydro therapy etc etc-name it I tried I just need 1 pill back per day-any advice?"

paulagy (taken for 10 years or more) November 10, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Chronic Pain "I have been taking Oxy ER 20mg 3x day plus up to 8 Oxy IR 5mg for the past 7 years. It has been a Godsend for me. I was in bad car accident in 2008 in which I suffered from a bruised spinal cord plus it worsened already bad Degenerative Disc Disease,Arthritis and Spinal Stenosis. In June 2009 I had a spinal fusion on my neck levels 5-7. After both I was left with horrible arm , shoulder and neck pain and mobility issues in my neck. I work a lot on the computer and meeting with people, If not for the medication I would not be able to work. I still have some pain but it is more of a tolerable background pain instead of a full nerve toothache Please folks use responsibly, many of us need it to live and function. I worry it will go away"

Soccergal10 September 16, 2016

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Chronic Pain "I've had orbital implants,kneck surgery, and I am a juvenile diabetic since I was a year old now I'm 50. the pain in my head,kneck, and right arm and the neuropathy in both feet r very very painful. I've been on doxycycline x 6 yrs. it works great but if your treating chronic pain take it when it's time don't wait till pain it at its worse it works consistently better."

Christine C. August 29, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Chronic Pain "I was in a severe ATV accident when I was 15 (am now 18), and have currently had 26 surgeries mostly on my right hand. Once I was released a few months later, docs basically turned me from a 3 sport athlete to a living zombie. I was taking over 25-30 different medications everyday; mostly pain meds. I remember just poping them like candy. I was on 80mg of MS Contin x4 a day, 30mg oxycodone x5, 30mg morphine x3, 100mcg's fentanyl, 2mg Xanax x3, 4mg x4 Dilaudid and numerous other anti-depressants that I am still on to this day. I don't understand how doctors can prescribe such obscene amounts of opiates when it's pharmastists who study drug interactions as their profession. Am currently working to become a 3 fingered anesthesiologist :)"

Nate-becarefulwhatyoutake August 22, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Chronic Pain "I am really glad to see so many positive experiences. I just wish I could say the same. I have been on Oxycontin 40 mg for 6 years. I cannot say that I have found relief. I have peripheral neuropathy and I take the Oxycontin 40 mg twice a day and Methadone 15 mg four times a day. I am in excruciating pain at least 8 eight hours a day and I have trouble sleeping and now I am having a problem with constipation. I don't really think it is the medications fault I think my dose is to low to handle the amount of pain I am in. My doctor will not prescribe anything stronger."

Elsie J (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 28, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Pain "OxyContin allowed me to recover from cancer surgery without any complications. I did have some unpleasant side effects like constipation. But it was totally worth the pain relief I got from surgery."

Lucia1999 June 11, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Pain "I have suffered RLS since about 5 years of age. Now 78. Nothing would stop it - neurologists tried all usual medication, permoglide, rivotril, etc. Then saw new GP in 60's who also suffered badly and he had in desperation tried oxycontin with great relief. Suggested I tried one 10 mg tablet before going to bed or when travelling as passenger in car - this was intolerable. Found tablet worked like magic and although reliant on it still take same 10 mg but one tablet first thing in morning and one prior to going to bed - about 1 hour before. Found it does not always work at night so I can be up until 3 am walking the floor nearly going insane as pain in legs is so bad. However, 90% of time I do get incredible benefit."

Former sleep deprived walker (taken for 10 years or more) April 4, 2016

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Chronic Pain "Im a ex flooring installer of 17 yrs (11 yrs non-union 6 union yrs) My back is wrecked, I have tears in 2 of my discs at L3/L4 and L4/L5 locations. I have no cartilage left anywhere in my lower back. My PCP put me thru the tests multiple MRI's/CT's injections, lots of predisone and then finally Norco. It took me a few days of being on Hydrocodone before the relief started, but relief it was! I gained much of my functionality back. I was moved up to the higher doses and then on to OxycontinER. Oxycontin had less side effects, and in general felt less wasted. Im now on 60mg x3 daily with 20mg IR 3x daily. Its been very helpful in my life."

RippedDiscs March 26, 2016

54 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Chronic Pain "I have 7 bulging disks, DDD and AS, on daily pain meds for 7 years. I requested a long acting pain med and had been on oxycodone IR 10mg. x 3 a day. Dr switched me to OxyContin 10 mg 4 per day. AMAZING RESULTS! I no longer feel drugged, I feel like myself again. The IR made me feel drugged and only lasted 3 hours, was a roller coaster all day long. I take 2 in the morning, 1 at 2 pm and 1 at 6 pm. and do not feel like I am on any medication at all, but the pain has gone from an 8 to a 2 (if I don't move) to maybe a 4 or 5 at worst. Able to clean house, shower, do many activities I was unable to do before. I feel so blessed that I have my life back. It seems to give me energy but no other side effects at all. No dry mouth either."

suzisavage54 February 5, 2016

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Chronic Pain "I was wondering if anyone has noticed any difference in the Oxycontin since the formula has been changed from from OC to OP. Just curious after reading someone else's review."

Papa Mark February 5, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Chronic Pain "Was taking 10mg oxycodone 6 times a day for an operation that went horribly wrong. I was always dizzy nauseous and tired. Started ocycontin 20mg twice a day and changed my life. Less percs feel almost normal. Now if the pharmacists wouldn't treat US like dirt life would be good. Highly recommend"

Xop February 1, 2016

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Chronic Pain "I have back surgery and the surgery and the medication I was on wasn't helping much. My doctor gave me OxyContin try and it's been a lifesaver for me. "

I can walk now January 28, 2016

40 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Chronic Pain "I have been prescribed Oxycontin 60mg for well over 6 years now in just in the last 2 months I have gotten a refill I know for a fact that either the manufacturer or where they get their medication through there has been a shortage of the medication per the dosage compared to what it used to be. I don't know at what level this is occurring . Whether this is another Government regulation that says if someone is prescribed 60mg tablets the manufacturer is only allowed to put 30mg in that tablet? I have been on this same medication for a long time and starting December 2015 and January 2016 my medication has been shorted. My body goes through tremendous withdrawal symptoms each month I refill this medication. I need an answer."

Madison2016 January 24, 2016

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Chronic Pain "I have been on Oxycontin since 2003 on a daily basis. I have chronic abdominal discomfort because I had my large intestine removed due to chronic Ulcerative Colitis. I also have had Degenerative Disc Disease since 1998. I've had to have my right hip replaced due to an injury in 2008 and I have chronic sciatic nerve pain in my left hip that runs down to my foot. I found this drug to be more effective than any rehabilitation or needle injection that I've ever had. I have tried many different treatments like injections and physical rehab but I get the best pain relief from taking 3 - 60mg. Oxycontin every 8 hours and 10 mg. Oxycodone IR pills every 4 to 6 hours daily for increased pain and discomfort. The bad part is I lost most of my teeth."

Sunburn (taken for 10 years or more) January 24, 2016

44 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Chronic Pain "Would be nice if you could remove the ingredients that make it time release"

Medard December 20, 2015

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Chronic Pain "Really helps get rid of my pain. Allows me to function comfortably; since It makes me almost completely pain free, I sleep line a teenager. Prior to using this med, I used to wake up hourly because of pain. My only bad effect is that I get itchy every once in awhile."

Duke Jr. (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 10, 2015

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Pain "I was in a near fatal car accident when I was 18, I was on Morphine for 6 months. After 30 years it is catching up to me. I am in some pain now most of the time. With Oxycodone I am able to make it through the day, and work. Caution during use, if used for over 90 days, dependency could occur easily. Please be aware of this."

OregonRock (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2015

40 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Chronic Pain "2x10mg a day for fibromyalgia pain. It is not perfect, but takes the edge off."

Room_101 (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2015

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Chronic Pain "Hey! I've been been in 4 road accidents and has a neck fracture of the second cervical vertebra, and severe pain in his back and legs. I have been taking oxycontin for about 1 and a half years."

Markus_88 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 6, 2015

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Pain "Almost no pain after taking it and a great amount of energy"

jolie42 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 17, 2015

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Chronic Pain "Was prescribed oxi due to back pain. Never took meds in the last 30 yrs of my life. I took only one of these and I'm laying on a gurney right now. Suffered a minor stroke. If it wasn't for my wife and her dillegence to call 911 id be dead right now. Watch the documary on Oxi then decide whether this drug is safe. The list of side affects is longer than my arm. Be wise and prudent before you decide to swallow any meds. Be safe"

Mountain man 7 July 19, 2015