User Reviews for OxyContin to treat Pain

OxyContin Rating Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1456 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for OxyContin

Igor · Taken for less than 1 month September 12, 2019

“I underwent a thorocoscopy (surgeons to examine the pleural lining of the lungs and the surface of the lung) which turned into a thorocotomy when my right lung would not re-expand after excess pleural fluid was drained. Oxycodone was initially used to control the pain, but was ineffective. Oxycontin was then used but it didn't work as well as the Oxycodone most likely as it is time released. Under a physician's observation, several Oxycontin were ingested, but to no avail. However, I've been termed by several physicians and dentists as having a high resistance to anesthetics and pain killers.”

Early Kiler · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 15, 2019

“Truly the best pain medicine I have ever took.”

Loopy July 12, 2018

“Very helpful”

Mikey111 · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 5, 2018

“Using 20mg Oxycontin x 3 tabs a day, its very good for pain, as good as morphine I believe. At first I felt sick, and puked repeatedly, after 4 days nausea settled down. I been on same dose for 5 years, the way I did it is to expect and live with some pain, if breakthrough occurs then lie down, deal with that and do not up the dose, for the most part it works well. There are no prescribing issues as I am in UK and there's no problem here, and it's OC that I get and not OP. Overall a decent painkiller if used sparingly, try to resist the extra breakthrough meds.”

Lucia1999 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 8, 2018

“OxyContin was a godsend when I was recovering from invasive cancer surgery. I never needed an increase In dosage and I was able to stop on my own without my oncologists help.”

Lucia1999 June 11, 2016

“OxyContin allowed me to recover from cancer surgery without any complications. I did have some unpleasant side effects like constipation. But it was totally worth the pain relief I got from surgery.”

Former sleep deprived walker · Taken for 10 years or more April 4, 2016

“I have suffered RLS since about 5 years of age. Now 78. Nothing would stop it - neurologists tried all usual medication, permoglide, rivotril, etc. Then saw new GP in 60's who also suffered badly and he had in desperation tried oxycontin with great relief. Suggested I tried one 10 mg tablet before going to bed or when travelling as passenger in car - this was intolerable. Found tablet worked like magic and although reliant on it still take same 10 mg but one tablet first thing in morning and one prior to going to bed - about 1 hour before. Found it does not always work at night so I can be up until 3 am walking the floor nearly going insane as pain in legs is so bad. However, 90% of time I do get incredible benefit.”

OregonRock · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 18, 2015

“I was in a near fatal car accident when I was 18, I was on Morphine for 6 months. After 30 years it is catching up to me. I am in some pain now most of the time. With Oxycodone I am able to make it through the day, and work. Caution during use, if used for over 90 days, dependency could occur easily. Please be aware of this.”

jolie42 · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 17, 2015

“Almost no pain after taking it and a great amount of energy”

MN Guy July 18, 2015

“I had three surgeries in 3 weeks and oxy really kept the pain under control. I have since run out and the Dr. doesn't want to refill so I'm now suffering along with only Tylenol. :)”

Johnathan1995 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 26, 2015

“I'm 19 years old and have been suffering from severe testicular and groin pain for the past 5 months, due to a sports injury. It prevented me from doing the things I had previously loved doing, I couldn't go back to school, and I'd be in bed all day. But now that my pain doctor has put me on OxyContin 20 mg twice a day, I feel like I'm getting my life back. This medication keeps my pain at bay. Before, I'd be going through an average of 8/10 pain everyday, but OxyContin miraculously brings it down to a 2-3! I really mean it when I say OxyContin is a Godsend for a male who's going through testicular pain caused by numerous problems. Best of all it doesn't make me tired so I can properly function throughout the day!”

JonnySFL · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 5, 2015

“I got into a bad auto accident and got put on Oxycontin 40mg twice a day and it has been working great for months.”

Mommablumie January 6, 2015

“Fractured left humerus & greater trochanter. Much difficulty sleeping, this medicatin helpful in controlling the pain”

Alwaysanurseatheart October 31, 2013

“After severely injuring my back while lifting a patient, herniating three discs, three failed back surgeries and multiple ineffective pain relief measures I finally accepted that I will need medication until a cure for spinal nerve damage is found. Using oxycodone means I can walk my dog, keep my house neat, enjoy life with my husband and live life again. I am scruptiously careful about how much I take and keep them under lock and key for the safety of my grandchildren. With great care this drug can give you your life back. However if a person doesn't take very seriously the potential addiction properties it can make a bad situation worse.”

Tom M in PA July 18, 2013

“Have had leg/hip pain for over a year now. My doctor finally put me on OxyContin, and it works fantastic, however, I am concerned about the problem of becoming dependent on this medication. This should not be a long term medication. ”

pigeontoe · Taken for 10 years or more February 7, 2013

“I have been dealing with chronic back, neck, hip, knee and both ankles pain for ten years now. I'm 48yrs I've always worked until my body broke down. If were not for the Oxycontin, I would be bedridden and in a wheelchair. When taken appropriately this is a miracle. ”

Greg E. · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 5, 2012

“I have suffered from a double fusion on my lumbar spine since 2006. I have tried every known pain medicine in the book with no success until the doctor prescribed the last and only medicine that actually worked, OxyContin. ”

Anonymous August 27, 2012

“15mg IR 4 times a day, need knee surgery and can't afford it, this medicine has given me my way of life back.”

buzzard156 August 20, 2012

“I have had 13 back surgeries since 1997 after a car accident I also have a spinal stimulater in me. I take 20mg Oxycontin four times a day and 10/325 Percocet 5 times a day. My pain stays about the same, some days I can't walk. ”

Grateful Guy · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 26, 2012

“I have been on every ER pain medicine except for methadone. OxyContin is changing my life drastically for the better. I can now walk longer distances, help around the house, play with the kids and much, much more. In short this medicine is a life changer. I switched from fentanyl which always made me tired and grumpy. God bless my patient wife. I have a new life and I'm so grateful!”

Daily headache July 23, 2012

“I see so many people here rating this medicine as a lifesaver, and especially thankful because it allows them to play with their kids. Its the same for me. I still have a very low quality of life and spend a lot of time in bed, but without it I would barely be human.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 16, 2012

“I'm a little skeptical because I actually withdrew a little from MS-Contin (morphine) when I switched to Oxycontin. So far it is working but I hear Morphine is the more potent of the 2. MS-Contin stopped working after 3 or 4 months.So 5 days into this Oxycontin it seems to be helping. I'm staying hopeful.”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 13, 2012

“This is the best medicine for pain.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 12, 2012

“Great”

kawa-god · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 11, 2012

“Oxycontin, gave me my life back. I have taken literally every pain medicine combination known to man. This medicine is the one that has given me my ability to walk again without pain. My case was a very bad coal mining accident back in 2006. I have had five knee and leg surgeries, both shoulders reconstructed and my hips operated on three times. So I lived a very miserable life until I was put on this medicine by my family doctor. All the doctors at the pain clinic I was going to had me on medicines like Opana or Fentanyl and lots more.”