User Reviews for OxyContin (Page 4)

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about OxyContin.

Pain
8.8

Chronic Pain
7.9

Summary of OxyContin reviews 8.4 259 reviews

Reviews for OxyContin

For Chronic Pain "Minimal relief with itching"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 2, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "I had 2 spinal fusions one on 5-5-10 and the 2nd one 11-11-11 and they both have failed. This is my 1st time being on oxycontin I was previously on 2 different strengths of oxycodone, which worked well for me but pain management wanted me to be on oxycontin and oxycodone and without my pain meds I can not get out of bed. I had 2 collapsed, bulging disc in my lower lumbar I started out with a cage and it never fused now I have a plate which is not taking. I have degenerative disc disease, sciatica, and many more problems I have more bulging disc and a cracked vertebra but I am really hesitant to have another back surgery due to the previous experiences."

SHORTIE33 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 15, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "I would just like to say that I have been taking Oxycontin along with other strong pain medication for years, I have been blessed by doctors who understand what chronic pain can do to your life and not being afraid to prescribe what is needed. Although I am still in chronic pain, I would not be able to get out of bed without these medications. "

ellie1 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 12, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I have suffered from a double fusion on my lumbar spine since 2006. I have tried every known pain medicine in the book with no success until the doctor prescribed the last and only medicine that actually worked, OxyContin. "

Greg E. (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 5, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "I hope your pain is managed as best as it can be! I'm in the UK and and am prescribed both OxyContin (sustained release) and Oxynorm which is a fast acting version of oxycodone. I have degenerative disc disease in my lumbar spine and am listed for surgery in early October 2012. This medicine takes the edge of my pain. "

Jonty (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 28, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "15mg IR 4 times a day, need knee surgery and can't afford it, this medicine has given me my way of life back."

Anonymous August 27, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I have had 13 back surgeries since 1997 after a car accident I also have a spinal stimulater in me. I take 20mg Oxycontin four times a day and 10/325 Percocet 5 times a day. My pain stays about the same, some days I can't walk. "

buzzard156 August 20, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I have been on every ER pain medicine except for methadone. OxyContin is changing my life drastically for the better. I can now walk longer distances, help around the house, play with the kids and much, much more. In short this medicine is a life changer. I switched from fentanyl which always made me tired and grumpy. God bless my patient wife. I have a new life and I'm so grateful!"

Grateful Guy (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I see so many people here rating this medicine as a lifesaver, and especially thankful because it allows them to play with their kids. Its the same for me. I still have a very low quality of life and spend a lot of time in bed, but without it I would barely be human."

Daily headache July 23, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I'm a little skeptical because I actually withdrew a little from MS-Contin (morphine) when I switched to Oxycontin. So far it is working but I hear Morphine is the more potent of the 2. MS-Contin stopped working after 3 or 4 months.So 5 days into this Oxycontin it seems to be helping. I'm staying hopeful."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "This is the best medicine for pain."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 13, 2012

For Pain "Great"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 12, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "Oxycontin, gave me my life back. I have taken literally every pain medicine combination known to man. This medicine is the one that has given me my ability to walk again without pain. My case was a very bad coal mining accident back in 2006. I have had five knee and leg surgeries, both shoulders reconstructed and my hips operated on three times. So I lived a very miserable life until I was put on this medicine by my family doctor. All the doctors at the pain clinic I was going to had me on medicines like Opana or Fentanyl and lots more."

kawa-god (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 11, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I've been on the 60mg twice a day for over 2 years now with Roxicodone 30mg every six hours for breakthrough pain, works better for me than Avinza, High dose Norco, and even the Fentanyl Patches 25mcg-75mcg. It has given my life back, I do recommend you talk to your doctor and get on this medicine, the old version that had OC and 60 was a lot better than the newer OP/60, but eventually your body gets used to it. Just be careful take it as directed. The only side effect is constipation, but otherwise a God-Send!"

Greenboy19 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 30, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "Made me feel a lot better and able to walk further and do day to day things."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 20, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "Took it twice and vomited both times."

Anonymous June 7, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I have fibromyalgia and I'm 31. I'm on disability now because the job I had for 10 years said I couldn't work there because I take 2 x 10mg a day of Oxycontin. At least now I can live a life. Play with my kids wash my car...etc. Before all I did was suffer at work and my work performance was so poor they even tried to fire me.....or get me to resign."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 29, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I have chronic thoracic back pain. I've been through nerve blocks, acupuncture, physical therapy, 3 chiropracters, 2 orthopedic surgeons, 1 neurosurgeon, 2 pain doctor's. Vicodin, Percocet, Kadian (very expensive). Insurance refused to pay anymore finally switched to oxycodone. Still have breakthrough pain with to much physical activity. "

robair1 March 22, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I am 56 with degenerative disc disease, fibromyalgia and just underwent rhizotomy on lumbar. That still did not help with the pain. I also broke my back in 2000 which was not treated and my spine is deformed. I suffer so much, I also tried everyting, this is magnificent it only takes 15mg."

abigstepup February 26, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I have suffered with degenerative disc disease, 5 herniated discs and arthritis in my lumbar spine and neck. I have taken every medicine available, have tried all the injections but NOTHING works like Oxycontin. I now have a very rare form of Leukemia which doubled the pain that I was already in. "

Raptor660rider January 25, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I have taken oxycodone for 2 years now. I had back surgery to repair a vertebrae that had been destroyed by cancer. I was on morphine for a while, but my wife complained that I was loopy on it. The oxycodone has been much better in that regard as well as pain relief. I take 40mgs twice a day and am very happy with the results."

Anonymous December 13, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I have been on this medicine for about 11 to 12 years and found it to be the most effective and most tolerable for me. I have had to have my dosage raised over the 12 year period and take 210 mg over a 24 hr period, which is quite high. I don't believe I will have it raised from this level though because eventually the higher dose won't work either so I have decided that I will just have to live with some degree of pain and limit what I'm able to do. I also feel it causes erectile dysfunction and have talked to many others who say the same thing. I believe it affects many more than the 1% they claim with erectile dysfunction. Probably closer to 98% in reality."

Anonymous November 16, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I have been diagnosed with Lumbar Spondylosis, Lumbar Canal Stenosis and Lumbar Radiculopathy. Oxycontin helps to keep my back pain down so I can walk. I had surgery on 11-15-2010 and they put two rods in my back but the pain is still there."

Anonymous November 7, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "Life is livable again. I have had no side effects. I stay very aware of the possibility for abuse so am very careful. I count my pills throughout the month and have to give a urine sample every couple months at the pain clinic. I have been on the same dose..60 mg every 12 hours for approx. 5 years. I cannot go back to life before I was placed on this medicine. There has been and always will be people who will abuse pain medicines and I can understand why doctors are so afraid to prescribe them but someone has to stand up and treat people like myself so we can get out of bed and face the day."

HARLEYPENNY November 2, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain "I thank God everyday for this medication. I have pain in both of my knees and my lower back and both feet has spurs. I am only 47 yrs old, without Oxycontin I would not have a good life. I thank the makers of the wonderful pill because I can enjoy my life without suffering with pain. "

Anonymous October 24, 2011