User Reviews for OxyContin (Page 4)

Learn more about OxyContin.

Pain 191 reviews 1106 medications

8.8
Chronic Pain 62 reviews 112 medications

8.1
Summary of OxyContin reviews 253 reviews 8.5

Reviews for OxyContin

For Pain "I have had 13 back surgeries since 1997 after a car accident I also have a spinal stimulater in me. I take 20mg Oxycontin four times a day and 10/325 Percocet 5 times a day. My pain stays about the same, some days I can't walk. "

buzzard156 August 20, 2012

54 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I have been on every ER pain medicine except for methadone. OxyContin is changing my life drastically for the better. I can now walk longer distances, help around the house, play with the kids and much, much more. In short this medicine is a life changer. I switched from fentanyl which always made me tired and grumpy. God bless my patient wife. I have a new life and I'm so grateful!"

Grateful Guy (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2012

124 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I see so many people here rating this medicine as a lifesaver, and especially thankful because it allows them to play with their kids. Its the same for me. I still have a very low quality of life and spend a lot of time in bed, but without it I would barely be human."

Daily headache July 23, 2012

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I'm a little skeptical because I actually withdrew a little from MS-Contin (morphine) when I switched to Oxycontin. So far it is working but I hear Morphine is the more potent of the 2. MS-Contin stopped working after 3 or 4 months.So 5 days into this Oxycontin it seems to be helping. I'm staying hopeful."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2012

50 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "This is the best medicine for pain."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 13, 2012

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "Great"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 12, 2012

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "Oxycontin, gave me my life back. I have taken literally every pain medicine combination known to man. This medicine is the one that has given me my ability to walk again without pain. My case was a very bad coal mining accident back in 2006. I have had five knee and leg surgeries, both shoulders reconstructed and my hips operated on three times. So I lived a very miserable life until I was put on this medicine by my family doctor. All the doctors at the pain clinic I was going to had me on medicines like Opana or Fentanyl and lots more."

kawa-god (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 11, 2012

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I've been on the 60mg twice a day for over 2 years now with Roxicodone 30mg every six hours for breakthrough pain, works better for me than Avinza, High dose Norco, and even the Fentanyl Patches 25mcg-75mcg. It has given my life back, I do recommend you talk to your doctor and get on this medicine, the old version that had OC and 60 was a lot better than the newer OP/60, but eventually your body gets used to it. Just be careful take it as directed. The only side effect is constipation, but otherwise a God-Send!"

Greenboy19 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 30, 2012

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "Made me feel a lot better and able to walk further and do day to day things."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 20, 2012

47 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "Took it twice and vomited both times."

Anonymous June 7, 2012

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I have fibromyalgia and I'm 31. I'm on disability now because the job I had for 10 years said I couldn't work there because I take 2 x 10mg a day of Oxycontin. At least now I can live a life. Play with my kids wash my car...etc. Before all I did was suffer at work and my work performance was so poor they even tried to fire me.....or get me to resign."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 29, 2012

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I have chronic thoracic back pain. I've been through nerve blocks, acupuncture, physical therapy, 3 chiropracters, 2 orthopedic surgeons, 1 neurosurgeon, 2 pain doctor's. Vicodin, Percocet, Kadian (very expensive). Insurance refused to pay anymore finally switched to oxycodone. Still have breakthrough pain with to much physical activity. "

robair1 March 22, 2012

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I am 56 with degenerative disc disease, fibromyalgia and just underwent rhizotomy on lumbar. That still did not help with the pain. I also broke my back in 2000 which was not treated and my spine is deformed. I suffer so much, I also tried everyting, this is magnificent it only takes 15mg."

abigstepup February 26, 2012

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I have suffered with degenerative disc disease, 5 herniated discs and arthritis in my lumbar spine and neck. I have taken every medicine available, have tried all the injections but NOTHING works like Oxycontin. I now have a very rare form of Leukemia which doubled the pain that I was already in. "

Raptor660rider January 25, 2012

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I have taken oxycodone for 2 years now. I had back surgery to repair a vertebrae that had been destroyed by cancer. I was on morphine for a while, but my wife complained that I was loopy on it. The oxycodone has been much better in that regard as well as pain relief. I take 40mgs twice a day and am very happy with the results."

Anonymous December 13, 2011

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I have been on this medicine for about 11 to 12 years and found it to be the most effective and most tolerable for me. I have had to have my dosage raised over the 12 year period and take 210 mg over a 24 hr period, which is quite high. I don't believe I will have it raised from this level though because eventually the higher dose won't work either so I have decided that I will just have to live with some degree of pain and limit what I'm able to do. I also feel it causes erectile dysfunction and have talked to many others who say the same thing. I believe it affects many more than the 1% they claim with erectile dysfunction. Probably closer to 98% in reality."

Anonymous November 16, 2011

51 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I have been diagnosed with Lumbar Spondylosis, Lumbar Canal Stenosis and Lumbar Radiculopathy. Oxycontin helps to keep my back pain down so I can walk. I had surgery on 11-15-2010 and they put two rods in my back but the pain is still there."

Anonymous November 7, 2011

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "Life is livable again. I have had no side effects. I stay very aware of the possibility for abuse so am very careful. I count my pills throughout the month and have to give a urine sample every couple months at the pain clinic. I have been on the same dose..60 mg every 12 hours for approx. 5 years. I cannot go back to life before I was placed on this medicine. There has been and always will be people who will abuse pain medicines and I can understand why doctors are so afraid to prescribe them but someone has to stand up and treat people like myself so we can get out of bed and face the day."

HARLEYPENNY November 2, 2011

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I thank God everyday for this medication. I have pain in both of my knees and my lower back and both feet has spurs. I am only 47 yrs old, without Oxycontin I would not have a good life. I thank the makers of the wonderful pill because I can enjoy my life without suffering with pain. "

Anonymous October 24, 2011

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "My doctor took me through a number of different medicines prior to starting Oxycontin. I have found that I sleep and eat better on Oxycontin. More importantly I function better on Oxycontin, including being able to care for myself. Since I began taking it my insurance tried to force me to the "generic" Oxycodone ER. Oxycodone made me physically ill whenever it released, it's continued use would have made me totally reliant on outside help as I live alone with closest family over 2,000 miles away. Since the Oxycodone affair we have tried other medicines and nothing works as well without the physical illness. I have ankylosing spondylitis and am looking at chronic pain."

old sailor October 18, 2011

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I was prescribed this medication following a motor cycles accident (R.Leg broken 4 places/L.Wrist fractures both sides of joint/Broken Pelvis/Fractured Vertebrae). I currently take 70mg twice a day and it helped with the pain. At 80mg I found everything a bit distant. So I end up taking the 70mg twice a day and wow how it helps is great. Whilst I am still in pain, I can function these day. I go to work full time (Computer operator). Good medication, well worth taking."

The_PC_Doctor October 12, 2011

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "Oxycontin helped me through pain from a recent auto accident. "

Krazy K October 8, 2011

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "Relieves chronic back pain faster and lasts longer than most other pain medications."

DirtyButtSaq September 28, 2011

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I've been on Oxycontin for 10 years. First for severe osteoarthritis. 5 years ago had failed bilateral knee replacements. In the future they are supposed to be recalling my knee replacements, but for now I can't live without my Oxycontin. I started out with 20 mg twice a day. Now I take 120mg 3 times a day and Percocet 10/650 for breakthrough pain 4 times a day. I can't walk without it."

manic573 September 28, 2011

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "Chronic Pancreatitis and Post-op pain management for Laparoscopic Pancreatic Gluconoma NE tumor Excision. With oxycodone 20mg/ 12 hours. Take exactly as directed and it works great. Able to work and play. Very rarely need 5 mg Oxycodone immediate release. Shame there is increasing stigma from abusers."

papwalker September 26, 2011