User Reviews for Zofran to treat Gastroenteritis

Zofran has an average rating of 9.5 out of 10 from a total of 31 ratings for the treatment of Gastroenteritis. 94% of those users who reviewed Zofran reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Zofran Rating Summary

9.5/10 average rating

Compare all 94 medications used in the treatment of Gastroenteritis.

Reviews for Zofran

D · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 24, 2020

“I have been on Zofran for 8 years and it has been a lifesaver. I wake up nauseous every single day and the Zofran works within a half hour and I rarely need a repeat dose. I don't know what I would do without it!”

Kidbro · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 12, 2019

“I get attacks that starts with coughing, that leads to dry heaving and stomach cramps. Always lasts 24 hours (almost to the minute). I have take Zofran and morphine injection for symptoms. Helps some, but not total relief. Wish I had the relief you all get.”

Troy · Taken for less than 1 month August 29, 2019

“Had gastroenteritis, couldn't stop vomiting. Called doctors on call, they came out at 2am and gave me a shot of maxolon (which worked in the past). Was good for about an hour and then it started again, every half hour until I felt like I was going to pass out. Went to the hospital, they gave me a Zofran wafer and I stopped throwing up within 10 minutes. Felt terrible from dehydration but the Zofran wafer stopped the vomiting in its tracks. I now keep Zofran wafers at home, let myself throw up 2-3 times when I get a stomach bug and then pop a Zofran wafer to stop it. Best thing ever.”

P.J Sharma June 21, 2019

“Salute to the inventor of this medicine Ondansetron . I have IBS-D and with severe flatulance discomfort and suffocating feeling. After taking the mouth dissolving tablet it acts like miracle. At first all the entrapped gas in abdomen comes out in the form of belching and burping and thereafter the normalcy comes to the body and mind. All other medicines have not worked . This is great. ”

PukingPhobia · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 22, 2018

“God bless the manufacturers of Zofran! I am phobic about vomiting - panic attacks just thinking about it. That little miracle dissolves on my tongue and takes away the nausea and fear. It has saved me trips to the ER for gastric issues. I never want to be without it.”

Tiredofthisbug · Taken for less than 1 month June 22, 2019

“Gastroenteritis is horrible. I started feeling sick and gassy on the first day. On the second day I thought I was dying. The pain and burning was so bad it made my chest hurt and I thought I was having a heart attack or anxiety attack. Went to the doctor, was prescribed Zofran, almost took the sickness away completely! Still some burning in the lower abdomen, but finally some relief!!!”

Anonymous December 13, 2011

“I have used Zofran on two different occasions. Went to the Dr for assistance after a week of vomiting because I was so miserable and weak. Felt so much better within 30 minutes I started eating the first thing I saw. Second time I used it to bypass the stomach flu that everyone was catching. I took it within 2 hours of symptoms; I fell asleep shaking, heart racing, with a fever and cold sweat, clutching a bucket to throw up in. Woke up 6 hours later feeling absolutely fine, just a little hungry.”

Anonymous August 10, 2011

“I took my 16 year old daughter into the ER after stomach cramps and throwing up all day long. She was at the point she was so thirsty she would put water in her mouth and then spit it out because even a little water and she would throw up. Once they gave her this medication she was able to drink a full glass of water within minutes and walked out of the ER wanting Mexican (which she did not get). What a difference it made?”

hhgville · Taken for less than 1 month October 14, 2013

“This is my miracle medicine. Best medicine I have ever taken in my life. Works for me in 1-2 minutes. Have nausea from acid reflux and feel instantly better. A little sleepy but it doesn't put me in a deep slumber. Love Zofran.”

Bugsy67311 · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 28, 2017

“I can say I use to be a jealous husband because when our daughter gets the stomach bug I sometimes got it. There is a 50/50 chance I would get it and my wife NEVER gets it. When I found out about zofran it saved my life. I'm already a hypochondriac when it comes to the stomach bug, I hate it because as a child of the 90's there was no such pill and I always got the dirty bug. Now I take zofran when my daughter throws up or someone touches me with it just incase so I don't throw up and it always works because I stay upset stomach free. Just boggles my mind why docs never give it to patients, someone told me about it that's how I knew about it.”

Eddie N. Georgia January 22, 2017

“I woke up at 5am with a terrible stomach virus....I swear I thought I was dying. It was coming out both ends and I was in terrible pain from the cramping. I had to lay in the floor by the toilet because I didn't have time to make it from the bed when the cramping hit me...I happened to remember that I had ondansetron(zofran) in the medicine cabinet and my wife gave me one 8mg tablet sublingual. I was better in fifteen minutes. Miracle drug!”

HealthyHanna · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 9, 2014

“It hid hard and fast and took me completely by surprise when I found myself dealing with vomiting and stuff uncontrollably exiting through the other end at the very same time. A five day prescription of Zofran from my doctor took care of everything quickly and with no side effects. Thank goodness for Zofran!”

RRSSAA July 8, 2017

“22 Years on mass amounts of steroids to treat my Addison's...22 years of vomiting most days. Many hospital stays. Severe gastroenteritis. First time trying this. It's amazing! It was prescribed by a lovely at doc at my last trip to the ER. Sometimes you get lucky. My eating is broken. I'm a vibrant, beautiful 42 year old woman, and I've been reduced to a meagre 100 pounds. This helps. So far. Fingers crossed.”

Arita44 January 25, 2017

“This is a miracle drug!!!!! So many times zofran came in for the save. Saved my spouse, I and our 7 and 5 year old a trip to ER when the norovirus hit us. Took it after terrible dry heaves and within 20 minutes I was able to sleep. This medicine also helped after my csection when I was nauseous. When my son had hand foot and mouth and was uncontrollably vomiting the dr gave him this medicine too, within an hour he was eating fine! This was also great for my IBS symptoms when they hit hard. 10/10 !!!”

MNCHICKNHEAT December 3, 2011

“Went into ER with gastroenteritis symptoms. Was given two injections of Zofran and a script for pills at home. Works so well and allows me to sleep really well. A very comfortable and calm feeling into a nice deep sleep. Works well for the nausea. ”

Grobanite Clunatic · Taken for less than 1 month April 23, 2018

“I’ve been sick with the stomach flu since last night. Ate dinner, then a couple of hours later was in the bathroom throwing up with major diarrhea. Stayed on the toilet literally all night. It was one of those “one little move and you feel like you’re going to throw up” times. Well, once morning came the puking stopped, but I was still really nauseous with dry heaves. So I called my doctor to see if there was anything I could take, and they recommended Zofran. Wow is this a miracle drug! My nausea was gone within 10-15 minutes of taking it, and I was even able to hold down a couple of popsicles and water with it, until about an hour and a half ago when I started feeling nauseous again (the meds were wearing off, so I took another one, and within 10 minuets my nausea was gone! I even ate another popsicle and downed a little juice glass of water and didn’t throw up! If this little white, grape flavored pill isn’t magic, then I don’t know what is!”

Greyson's Mommy · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 16, 2017

“I sufffer from ulcers & get acid indigestion all the time. Of course with that I experience nausea daily..... when it gets too intense I take a 4 mg zofran and within 20-30 minutes it subsides. I thank God this medicine was created!! In the beginning I would get constipated for about 24 hours after taking a pill but don't have that anymore. I am thankful for this medicine bc I HATE nausea/vomiting.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 1, 2015

“Like one of the reviews above. I Went into ER with gastroenteritis symptoms. Could not keep down anything including water due to nausea and heavy vomitting of anything. Was given injection of zofran and a prescription for the generic ondansetron and felt less nauseous. Allows me to eat better and to sleep.”

Vomitbag June 25, 2016

“Spent a week vomiting and with diarrhea. Couldn't keep anything down and was getting worse instead of better. I ended up driving to the ER with a vomit bag to my face trying not to crap myself. When they gave me the Zofran, I felt better in 5 minutes and was able to eat a little plain chicken and rice with broth a couple hours later. I didn't realize just much nausea I had until the whole room suddenly stopped waving. Slept better than I have in a long time and this morning I didn't throw up! Crackers and Gatorade for breakfast! Every 6 hours and I love this little pill.”

2sick.kids December 9, 2010

“My son is 8 yrs old and could not hold anything down. The doctor gave him Zofran and he began to have hallucination! Well come to find out he is the 27 reported case in the U.S. He had to be sent to a children's hospital. My daughter is 2 and had Zofran she did really well. She did a complete 360 in minutes. Just goes to show how everybody is different.”

Bugsy67311 November 3, 2016

“The best little white angel pill ever, I have been feeling ill for seven days until today I decided to get help and went to a little clinic and got prescribed zofran, it must be made in heaven because that little pill worked in minutes, I went from 20% to 70% real quick. I work at a job that doesn't allow you to call in, so this pill will be saving me from losing 8 hours on my pay check. Stomach bug sucks and was tired of feeling hungry/sick every ten minutes. Thank you my white angel.”

Sickasadog · Taken for less than 1 month September 16, 2018

“I'm unsure with this one. Yes it helps the nausea a little but I was admitted to hospital for acute gastro - had two IV lots of this and Maxalon - lots of IV fluids - and vomited on my way out of hospital - and every 30 minutes all night following. When I've been in hospital and had this drug for HG (severe morning sickness) it did work and I was asking for water and food within half an hour. I've just taken a 4mg dissolvable and am on day 2 of the dreaded bug. Keep your fingers crossed for me xoxo”

Belle21 January 31, 2016

“I have to go into the hospital every two months because I start throwing up and go into a coma state if I do not get IV in me .They gave me Zofran the last time and I was up and good as new in 5 minutes. I will keep this on hand at home for future episodes !”

Makayla Skylar December 31, 2017

“I was diagnosed with GERD at 14 and whenever I feel even slightly nauseous, I suck on a Zofran and the nausea goes away within about 2 minutes. It’s very useful but every now and then if I feel extremely nauseous it doesn’t help much.”

BFOX December 8, 2016

“Zofran is heaven sent. It saved me and my baby's lives. I was sick for 9 months with hyperemesis gravidarum. I was on a zofran pump as well as IV HYDRATION. I don't know if my baby would have survived without it. I'm still using it for chronic nausea. I wish I could personally thank the creators of this drug. Thank you.”

Bob · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 25, 2019

“I have major anxiety and reoccurring gastroenteritis since childhood. Throwing up and can’t stop. Dehydrated. It’s used for my anxiety and stomach. Never will go without it again”

The Beev January 24, 2014

“Excellent help with severe nausea caused by IBS, SIBO and gastritis.”

Go zofran April 26, 2009

“I was in the hospital for intense vomiting and stomach pain. They gave me this drug and I felt better within 2 minutes.”

Learn more about Gastroenteritis