User Reviews for Nortriptyline systemic

Dysautonomia

1 review 53 medications
Summary of Nortriptyline reviews 7.4 381 reviews

Reviews for Nortriptyline

For Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome: "IF YOU’RE PRESCRIBED THIS PLEASE BE CAREFUL! This medicine has caused me to have a seizure, an ER visit, no driving until I’ve been seen by a neurologist. I was only taking it for a week before a had my seizure."

Seizure (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2018

For Migraine Prevention: "Be careful with this medication if you have struggled with depression or have a family history of mental illness, depression, bipolar, etc.. I went on this for migraine prevention, not for depression and on my second day of taking it, started having really dark thoughts and hit a real low point. I have never been suicidal before and am actually usually the happiest I have ever been but this medication completely distorted my perception of things. Had to go off it a week later as the feelings only got worse."

Liv (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2018

For Migraine Prevention: "I have had crushing migraines since an auto accident in 2004. On average, between four and six debilitating episodes per month. I have tried dozens of treatment modalities and many different drugs. I recently saw a headache specialist. She mentioned Nortriptyline. I was skeptical but agreed to try it, starting at 30 mg (taken at night). I kept a journal and returned a month later. I had fewer episodes but I still had some very bad days. My doctor increased the dosage from 30 mg to 40 mg and finally to 50 mg. 40mg turned out to be the appropriate dosage for me. I still get headaches but they are far less frequent. I haven't had a crushing migraine for over two weeks. This is a first in over nine years! I am hopeful now and it has drastically improved my family life and work life. My doctor also recommended taking the medication before bedtime so I wouldn't experience daytime drowsiness. So far, I would say this is the best I've felt in years."

Mojo (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2018

For Migraine Prevention: "I've been on 25mg for 3 days, but feel dizzy, lethargic, overall not clear headed. I hope that these side effects will go away with time. I was prescribed Nortriptyline for chronic migraines that last 3-4 day every few weeks for the last 10 years or so. No sure I'll be able to live with the side effects if they don't go away over the next few weeks."

Larousse (taken for less than 1 month) November 24, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Its has helped me 95% for my migraines and my IBS"

Alysha October 20, 2018

For Migraine Prevention: "Headaches started after enduring head trauma from an auto accident and have progressed over the last few years. The headaches were a mixed bag of tension, temporal muscle spasm, pressurization and migraine. I was prescribed Valium 2 mg prn for the temporal muscle spasms which helped until the headaches worsened to 4-7 days/week, and Advil was not working (not a fan of taking pain meds). I scheduled in with a new Neurologist who prescribed Pamelor 10 mg HS and it has helped tremendously. Only a few breakthrough headaches have occurred, however, they seemed to possibly be triggered by lack of sleep or increased stress. Bottom line is: be aware of your triggers and manage the triggers in order to avoid headaches. The only side effect I have noticed is a little dry mouth, so I try to stay hydrated. Since it is a low dose, I have not experienced dizziness or sluggish feelings. It's so great to be able to have headache-free weeks!"

Shell (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 16, 2018

For Migraine Prevention: "After 10 years of migraines, it took a village to get rid of them. I tried everything! The 11th neurologist was the charm. She got me off the Zomig which were giving me rebound headaches and started me on Nortriptyline, 50mg at night. No more migraines! Seriously! I haven’t had one in 4 years now."

Mandy September 16, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I was having bad pain and discomfort in my abdominal area and testicle. This went on for 5 months. I saw several doctors and had an MRI, ultrasound, blood tests you name it I had it. Finally, after doing my own research I asked my doctor to put me on 10mg . After about 3 days I started to notice a difference and after a week about 95% of my pain was gone. This med worked wonders for me and saved my life! I went from only being able to eat plain chicken, potatoes and spinach to being able to eat anything I want. I have been on this med for about 2 months now. I do not have any side effects to speak of . Everyone is different and your results may vary. Give it a try but try and stay at 10mg if taking for pain."

9lives (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2018

Pamelor (nortriptyline) for Depression: "25 years ago. I took Pamelor for post partum depression. It worked for the depression but had to stop taking because my stools became hard as rocks & were difficult to pass. I have had irritable bowel syndrome since as a result. I also gained about 40 pounds & no matter how much I diet or exercise, I cannot lose the weight."

Suzy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 4, 2018

For Depression: "This medication absolutely killed my mood and motivation. It also triggered severe acid reflux. I have GERD and hadn't had this bad of a flare up in 10 years. I suffered through it for 10 days and took Zantac but when I was dry heaving by the end of every meal, and continuously had heartburn so painful I cried, I gave up. No more tricyclics for me."

Angel (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2018

For Pain: "I took nortriptline for 18 years not knowing I shouldn't have until Feb of this year. Since then my pain in the spin lumbar area as well as my neck have been more severe. I am also having the pins and needle sensations up the spine . I was given shots for pain in the neck at it seems to be working. Now my legs go flying or kinda freeze and go pigeon toed. I'm falling more and very unsteady on my feet and balance. I need to know if these are common side effects and more importantly how can I fix this"

help (taken for 10 years or more) August 10, 2018

For Migraine Prevention: "my doctor had put me on topamax 100mg for 8 weeks and added nortiptyline 25mg for a week then upped it to 50mg. And it seemed to make the headaches worse. And on top of that, my mouth is always dry and everytime I look around I get dizzy and have to sit down. Plus my heart races and pounds and I hate this drug."

Bobbi (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2018

For Pain: "I started on 10 mg to be taken at night for TMJ related pain. The doc bumped it up to 25mg over a month ago. I suppose I sleep better, and I don’t clench my jaw as much at night. But, having seen the entire list of side effects, I can’t be sure what this medication could be interacting with or if it is messing with my brain or other organs. I believe I will stop this pretty soon."

SGT Reg (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2018

For Depression: "This medication saved my life. I originally tried amitriptyline.. I felt tired and still didn’t fully rid the black cloud over me. I tried this on the recommendation from a neurologist. Best decision I ever made. I am now the person I used to be before I became depressed... I am so thankful for this medication. 50 milligrams a night is my dose. Forever thankful I tried this medication:)"

T (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 6, 2018

Pamelor (nortriptyline) for Depression: "After taking pamelor for one week I had to stop. I had horrible nightmares that stopped after I stopped that medicine. I still shake thinking about the nightmares"

Kay (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2018

For Pain: "I was taking oxycodone for a number of years. Then the Doc got me off that - I had been using it for rotator cuff problems. Then he put me on nortriptyline . It does a way better job on my rotator cuff. I can lay on my shoulder at night now with no pain now. With the oxy I could not do that on the account of the pain."

cyclone (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 4, 2018

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "I have suffered with severe neuropathy in both feet for years. No medication "touched" the symptoms UNTIL my physician placed me on Nortriptyline. 25mg. At night. I have only been on med for 1 week and the difference in my feet has decreased substantially."

Josey (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2018

For Migraine Prevention: "I've been taking this for 10 days, not only it didn't helped but my daily headaches have been getting progressively worst each day after around day 4. I did not had many side effects other than feeling thirsty, but I'm stopping it because it just made the pain worst, I should have gotten any kind of pain relief by this point already."

Steam Hams (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2018

Pamelor (nortriptyline) for Depression: "Pamelor takes solid 2 month to start working. The best medication ever. Less than 1 dollar for pack of 100 tablets of 25mg where I live."

lildude (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 30, 2018

For Migraine Prevention: "I started 25mg and first night, a couple of hours later I was so dizzy that I had to lay down. I was back to not sleeping because I was drenched in sweat. I know it is suppose to take time for the med to get into your system but I feel like I am going though menopause."

Lana May 25, 2018

For Pain: "Took it one time for post-concussion syndrome and to help me sleep. It kept me awake for 24 hours and made my chest hurt. I had to work all day without sleep. Come to find out the drug is not FDA approved for post-concussion syndrome. Will not be taking the drug again or return back to the doctor who prescribe it for me."

cris (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2018

For Depression: "After trying 10 to 12 other depression meds for the last 5 years my Doctor tried Nortriptyline. It’s probably the best I have felt. There’s more fine tuning but this med is a great start considering all the past failures."

Jay Durstock (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2018

For Migraine Prevention: "I have headaches for around 15-16 months. I went different specialist and tried different medicines such as Norco, naproxen, Toradol, ketorolac, sumatriptan, among others. I can describe my pain from 1-10 as a 10. I was not able to go out, do things with my family, etc. The pain was extremely severe that my arm and fingers get numb. The last doctor prescribed me Nortripilyn a few months ago. We started with 10mg and went up to 50mg. I could say that the pills help me incredibly with my migraine, but the side effects are crazy. I have on a daily basis "flashes." All my faces get red like a tomato and I fill like I am going to exploit!!! So, I do know if I should stop taking it, but I am afraid to get "depression" or the headaches back."

Tortiz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 27, 2018

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I took Nortriptyline for nerve pain caused by a degenerative disc between my L4 & L5, it really helped me through until surgery. I also found that it has a positive effect on my depression, so I keep taking it as it works, however, no effective help with my IBS at all."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 20, 2018

For Depression: "I Have taken Nortriptyline for over 20 years and had suffered no side effects. I suffered from depression and had several hospitalisations . I did begin to work again but after 6 yrs I moved from the Midwest to Calif to join my adult daughter. It was not an easy move. This medication allowed me to sleep thru the night and be able to concentrate at work. I am so glad that I was able to function more comfortably since that time."

none (taken for 10 years or more) April 8, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...