User Reviews for Nortriptyline to treat Smoking Cessation

Also known as: Pamelor, Aventyl Hydrochloride

Reviews for Nortriptyline

Rob is my real name · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 4, 2016

“I've smoked 40 years. Tried to quit before and never was successful. Somehow taking this medication it seemed easier. I have been smoke free now 2 months. I took the medication for 1 month prior to quitting and then went cold turkey. I take 75 mg daily when I go to bed. I have been instructed to take this medication for full 6 months after quitting. Cons: dry mouth, flatulence, lower sex drive, some weight gain, groggy in the morning, increased appetite, harder to urinate (dribbling). Pros: No anxiety around quitting smoking, seemed easier this time, medication is covered on drug plan, I feel committed and have been (no bargaining with myself to have 'just one'), It works! Pro's outweigh the cons because I have quit. Cons are temporary!”

Anyoneseenmymojo September 2, 2015

“6th time trying to quit, took for 1 month before stopping, then stopped. Took for 6 months after I stopped. Still smoke free 7 years later.”

Anonymous June 3, 2010

Pamelor (nortriptyline): “Stopped smoking 6 days ago without the anxiety I usually get while trying to quit.”

Anonymous October 4, 2009

Pamelor (nortriptyline): “I had smoked for 36 years and had tried to give up with patches etc. After taking this drug for less than 3 weeks I was well on my way to stopping, and have since given up completely. It stops the desire, but also the anxiety.”

mindydear September 6, 2009

“My husband has been smoking for forty years and is on this medicine - he was able to quit smoking cold turkey. Other attempts to slowly wean cigarettes were never as successful. He is also on other medications, but it is probably this medication that led to his success.”

Anonymous January 18, 2009

Pamelor (nortriptyline): “I smoked for 7 years. I took this medicine and stopped smoking cold turkey and haven't thought of it since.”

Learn more about Smoking Cessation