User Reviews for Remeron

Learn more about Remeron.

Depression 95 reviews 78 medications

7.4
Major Depressive Disorder 17 reviews 46 medications

6.4
Summary of Remeron reviews 112 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Remeron

For Major Depressive Disorder "This is a wonder drug for my Depression. However, the only drawback is to me it is physically addicting."

Foxtrotz (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2016

For Depression "At first, I took Remeron and I was knocked out for a full day. I was underweight and had panic anxiety. This really helped me. After the first day my body seemed to adjust to Remeron and by the 3rd day, I didn't have any tired feeling at all. It definitely helped me with sleep. I am now on 30 x 2 tabs a day and have been on this for years. I am actually afraid to get off of it. It has helped me through very difficult times."

bumarel June 16, 2016

For Depression "I have taken 15 mg Remeron for about 5 days so far and it already is a miracle pill for me. I am slightly underweight and had constant anxiety, but so far this medication has vastly improved my appetite and I just feel relaxed, but not in an drugged feeling way. I actually enjoy food and am no longer as picky of an eater as I was before, which is awesome. It also helps with sleep, as it certainly has a sedative effect after you take it. I was really groggy and tired the first day after I took it, but have been fine and energized everyday since. I know every medication affects people differently, but if you are depressed and not worried about weight gain, give this a shot."

-D- May 25, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "I slept like the dead when I took this which was great cuz I had horrible PPD and hadn't slept in weeks. But I gained 60 lbs in two months. I would retain so much water I felt like I was going to explode. Plus, anorgasmia so I discontinued it after 9 months. Horrible withdrawal."

Chouette99 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 22, 2016

For Depression "I have been on this medication only 2 weeks I am finally not crying all the time. I am still not sleeping. I go for days not sleeping and when I do it is only for 2 or 3 hours. I am hoping this med eventually helps my sleep time. I don't seem to be having any side effects. If weight gain is a side effect it will help since I have been too thin most of my life. I have tried so many meds for depression and this one seems to be the only one that has had any effect on it at all. I would considerate it to be wonderful and would recommend it for depression."

nscol (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2016

For Depression "This medication is one of modern medicine's true miracles. I started taking it 7 months ago after a devastating benzo/opiate relapse and I have suffered from MDD and insomnia for 19 years. During that time I have literally tried everything - legal AND illegal. Thank God for this medicine. I did gain a ton of weight at first but consider it a small price to pay for high quality/quantity of sleep, energy, a positive mood, and an all around "good" feeling. Everyone reacts to medicine differently, don't give up. I am so thankful to have my sanity and my life back - all thanks to this medicine."

SchottyNurse April 8, 2016

For Depression "Excellent for obsessive thoughts, best depression lift in many years...BUT...I am going off of it after five weeks. The initial side effects I could deal with, the normal headache, grogginess, irritability but then after the fourth week I noticed a rare side effect of edema (water retention) of an average of 2.5lbs a day and on my last days 3-4lbs. It was serious. It also caused extreme sugar/carb cravings. That I can control, the water I cannot."

JJisblue (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "So far, I'm very happy as my nausea, vomiting, stomach cramps and anxiety have subsided. Not much relief from depression yet on day 5, but understand it takes time. It does make my tongue numb for a bit after I take it and I've had vivid dreams every night on it."

Hollz (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "The first night I took it I slept for 16 hours straight (15 mgs). When I finally forced myself to get out of bed, I had this insatiable appetite. I also walked around like a zombie feeling groggy for the next day and a half. I took it on a Saturday night knowing that I didn't have to be anywhere the following day (good thing) Needless to say, I stopped taking it."

$leepy February 16, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder "My experience with Remeron is short. It worked wonders for me, but I stopped it as it causes awful weight gain. 21 pounds in 4 weeks. I looked pregnant. It made me more depressed. I would just eat. It does something to your brain that makes you feel as though you are never full. At night I would sneak food. I could not stop. I was at 30mg. I've heard 15 mg is worse for weight gain. Also, this drug is also given to elderly patients who are undergoing chemotherapy and also given to people with eating disorders. (Bulimia and anorexia ) As I said. In one respect, it did Wonders for me with anxiety and depression and stopped the voices in my head and helped me sleep. But I couldn't go through gaining any more weight."

Sweeks2222222 January 17, 2016

For Depression "Was awake and knew what I was supposed to be doing but couldn't something simple like putting on a pair of jeans to go to work carry on a conversation during the day,Not good"

Chaychay December 29, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Having failed most SSRI's Remeron was a real surprise. It calmed me, helped me sleep, helped me focus but most importantly had almost no side effects. My appetite went crazy the first week but mellowed out afterwards. I get pretty drowsy about an hour after taking it, so I only take it at bedtime. I had to drop from 45 mg to 30 mg due to it amping me up rather than sedating. Works fine, no tolerance type effects unlike Z-drugs."

muDraconis (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Bad dreams"

gardenofeden November 23, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Just started taking this med again. I've been on more than I can count over the years. The only downfall I've had is the daytime foggy feeling which I'm hoping will subside over time. I've only been taking this less than a week and my depression symptoms have greatly improved as well as I sleep well every night. Appetite has gone up for me as well but not a concern for me at this point. Very happy overall. I will post again in a few weeks to give another update"

faith1981 November 18, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I'm on my 3rd day of 30 mg for depression and anxiety. The severity has lessened."

Bobby Pec November 2, 2015

For Depression "Was dealing with cancer and was given Remeron for depression. After having surgery for the cancer which was successful I continued with the drug but was having issues with my blood pressure. My BP would drop over 20 points when I stood up and I would lose my breath when walking short distances. All symptoms went away once I quit taking the drug. I would not recommend this drug to anyone as it set my recovery back greatly."

ReadingGirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2015

For Depression "Remeron was a wonder drug for me the first month of taking it. First week - felt so happy, was eating like a pig (I'm underweight so that was amazing to see me gain so much in a week) I slept like a baby the first night and all the rest of the time I was on it. I would knock out at like 11 when I'd usually fall asleep at like 4 or 5. then the second month came around.. not sure if it was something else but I started experiencing intrusive thoughts and my OCD started kicking in A LOT. my doc took me off and now I'm spiraling down again. not sure if it was the med.. but this med worked well for awhile!"

BringOnTheRain July 5, 2015

For Depression "I've been taking remeron for a few weeks, doctor prescribed it for major anxiety and sleeplessness, as well as depression. He also thought it would help with weight gain, which I needed. Has helped with everything but the depression. Anxiety has mostly subsided to the point where I'm not paralyzed. Have gained about 5 lbs in the past two weeks, and my sleep is uninterrupted. Was very groggy in the morning at first until 10 or 11 am but that's gotten slightly better over time. Depression has not subsided, considering asking for something else to help with that."

big_p (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "This is perfect for sleep at 7.5 or less. Get to sleep easily, with no worrisome thoughts before bed. I was taking it for depression after a no-go with Prozac. I couldn't handle the fatigue at therapeutic dose and now I use Wellbutrin XL 300 in morning and Remeron 7.5 at bed. I take the wellbutrin at 6am then go back to bed. When I get up at 8, I already have a lift from the Wellbutrin, one cup of coffee and absolutely no fatigue. Happy, less anxious, lost a few pounds and no sexual problems. I love this combination, and don't feel a need to change or add anything. I am curious how a higher dose of Remeron would be now, but I would hate to lose the fabulous sleep effect I get now. I am guaranteed to sleep within 30 mins. Great meds!"

Vinylfind (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 15, 2015

For Depression "The first time my doctor prescribed this medication I ate 2 whole large pizzas a family size Lasagna, 2 sandwiches and some desserts all in one sitting. The day after I decided to get off of it. I then realized I couldn't sleep very well and I had some depression which otherwise at the time nothing else was helping me cope with besides my Buspar/Klonopin. Thus I continued my dosage of 15mg (it is true at least for me the lower dosage is higher sedating) of the medication and once I figured out a way of controlling the 1-2 hour boost of what seemed an infinite metabolism. I felt awesome if only for a short while then and immediate beauty sleep followed. Definitely recommend this to anyone with sleep problems."

Pops91 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 25, 2015

For Depression "I'm in recovery from substance abuse for years and this is the first thing that has really worked for me."

Double M (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 24, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I started remeron about 2 months ago. For my severe depression.. And anxiety and severe insomnia.. The first night taking it I slept the best I had In Years! I didn't wake up feeling groggy I actually felt better sleep wise I still felt very depressed and that continued for a few week to the point I tried to commit suicide and then I new I needed help.. The upped my remeron to 45 mg at bedtime I've been on 45 mg for a week and I've noticed a big change I feel normal again.. I give remeron a 10 it improved my life a great deal!!!"

81Robert93 April 14, 2015

For Depression "Doctor prescribed me Remeron, I've been taking 15mg for about a month now. I've noticed an increase in hunger and I get great sleep with this medication. However it hasn't helped with my anxiety attacks or depression. I also noticed that I'm becoming more and more forgetful, often find myself staring at nothing in a daze, and hard to articulate what I'm thinking or feeling."

amoretti April 10, 2015

For Depression "Took for the first time last night slept perfect. Did wake up groggy for the first 2 hours, small price to pay. I have been on over ten different meds and this by far works wonders."

dvrs (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "No matter how much sleep I got, I was constantly tired. I could barely function during the day. And when I was functioning, I wanted to eat EVERYTHING. In 2 months I ended up gaining 15 lbs, which definitely did not help with the depression."

cjoy79 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2015