User Reviews for Remeron

Learn more about Remeron.

Depression 102 reviews 79 medications

7.4
Major Depressive Disorder 18 reviews 46 medications

6.2
Summary of Remeron reviews 120 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Remeron

For Depression "I have tried Doxepin, Escitalopram, and others. Remeron or Mirtazapine is the best for chronic insomnia with depression (my issue). It also reduces day time anxiety. I feel relaxed but sufficiently alert for mental and physical work. i think my efficiency has increased with it. So far no weight issues either (I think not all people will gain weight, probably only a small minority), stomach feels great. No dry mouth, no anticholinergic side-effects. Even my allergies are dying. Hamstring pain is also reduced, which is suffer from. and somehow one of my painful cyst has also disappeared. All in all my daytime posture is better than ever since the age of 18. I feel youthful. The only negative side-effect I feel is increased urination."

DDarson April 18, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "This medication was the magic bullet for me anxiety wise and depression wise. I slept extremely well and my anxiety plummeted. I would have definitely stayed on it if it weren't for the atrocious weight gain! I am normally 110 lbs or so, and within 1.5 months was up to 130lbs! During this time I wasn't eating much more than normal and I was skateboarding, canoeing, and running yet still putting on weight. I was the happiest, yet the fattest I had EVER been on this drug, so it was love/hate relationship. I decided to go off of it because I couldn't tolerate the weight. Was a shame, since it was extremely effective for me otherwise. Oh well."

FLGAL (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "It hit me hard. Insomnia. Bad dreams. Dilated pupils. Brain fog and headache. Freaky hungry but I countered with Tumeric Golden Tea to up my insulin resistance. I took 2 days. I was Tripppping..."

Sun Moon & Stars (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I was prescribed this medication for insomnia and depression. It worked great for the insomnia the first six months but then it no longer worked. I'm too sensitive to ssris medication so I thought this would be a great match until it stopped working. Also makes you perpetually hungry and prone to gain weight"

Jml76 November 12, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Feeling fantastic, like myself again. Wanted to say I have not gained weight, in fact, I have LOST WEIGHT with this drug. My appetite increased but I needed it. I liked to skip breakfast and lunch most days to "lose weight". I only kept the fat on. With this newfound energy im experiencing Im more active and burning more calories. My increased appetite has prompted me to eat regular healthy meals and my metabolism has skyrocketed! Im burning fat and building muscle. Just wanted to put in my 2 cents. Alot of people gained weight, I have not. If you watch what you eat and your portion size, plus exercise regularly you shouldnt see an unwanted weight gain with this drug."

FloridaFitGirl954 November 2, 2016

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Fantastic medicine! I have insomnia, depression and anxiety. Helps me fall asleep and sleep hard all through the night. I wake up feeling refreshed. This pill gives me lots of energy. Imy back on my bicycle and hitting my home gym daily. I feel confident in myself for the first time and almost feel guilty for not having constant self depreciating thoughts. Thankful God has given me powerful healing in this medicine. A tool against the devil, I no longer hear his lies so much. Living happily "

954Girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 1, 2016

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I am using remeron to help with nausea, depression and anxiety as I taper off 1 mg of Klonopin after several years of using that drug. It was hard in the beginning; I had headaches and crushing fatigue for weeks. Now, I feel this drug has been a godsend; it helps with all and ensures that I sleep well most nights. This is my third attempt to get off of Klonopin and I have never been able to reduce my dosage so much. I do notice that my weight is now creeping up so I need to watch that more carefully, but that side effect is one I will have to tackle as I will not give up my remeron."

Liz12NJ (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 30, 2016

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "After a year of taking this, I have trouble speaking at all, severe sedation and constant irritability. Also a dangerous lack of care about my personal affairs and suicidal ideation. I'm called 'stable', when really I'm frozen in depression. I will never trust a psychiatrist again."

Dead to the World (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 12, 2016

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "This is a wonder drug for my Depression. However, the only drawback is to me it is physically addicting."

Foxtrotz (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2016

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "At first, I took Remeron and I was knocked out for a full day. I was underweight and had panic anxiety. This really helped me. After the first day my body seemed to adjust to Remeron and by the 3rd day, I didn't have any tired feeling at all. It definitely helped me with sleep. I am now on 30 x 2 tabs a day and have been on this for years. I am actually afraid to get off of it. It has helped me through very difficult times."

bumarel June 16, 2016

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I have taken 15 mg Remeron for about 5 days so far and it already is a miracle pill for me. I am slightly underweight and had constant anxiety, but so far this medication has vastly improved my appetite and I just feel relaxed, but not in an drugged feeling way. I actually enjoy food and am no longer as picky of an eater as I was before, which is awesome. It also helps with sleep, as it certainly has a sedative effect after you take it. I was really groggy and tired the first day after I took it, but have been fine and energized everyday since. I know every medication affects people differently, but if you are depressed and not worried about weight gain, give this a shot."

-D- May 25, 2016

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I slept like the dead when I took this which was great cuz I had horrible PPD and hadn't slept in weeks. But I gained 60 lbs in two months. I would retain so much water I felt like I was going to explode. Plus, anorgasmia so I discontinued it after 9 months. Horrible withdrawal."

Chouette99 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 22, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "I have been on this medication only 2 weeks I am finally not crying all the time. I am still not sleeping. I go for days not sleeping and when I do it is only for 2 or 3 hours. I am hoping this med eventually helps my sleep time. I don't seem to be having any side effects. If weight gain is a side effect it will help since I have been too thin most of my life. I have tried so many meds for depression and this one seems to be the only one that has had any effect on it at all. I would considerate it to be wonderful and would recommend it for depression."

nscol (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2016

44 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "This medication is one of modern medicine's true miracles. I started taking it 7 months ago after a devastating benzo/opiate relapse and I have suffered from MDD and insomnia for 19 years. During that time I have literally tried everything - legal AND illegal. Thank God for this medicine. I did gain a ton of weight at first but consider it a small price to pay for high quality/quantity of sleep, energy, a positive mood, and an all around "good" feeling. Everyone reacts to medicine differently, don't give up. I am so thankful to have my sanity and my life back - all thanks to this medicine."

SchottyNurse April 8, 2016

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Excellent for obsessive thoughts, best depression lift in many years...BUT...I am going off of it after five weeks. The initial side effects I could deal with, the normal headache, grogginess, irritability but then after the fourth week I noticed a rare side effect of edema (water retention) of an average of 2.5lbs a day and on my last days 3-4lbs. It was serious. It also caused extreme sugar/carb cravings. That I can control, the water I cannot."

JJisblue (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "So far, I'm very happy as my nausea, vomiting, stomach cramps and anxiety have subsided. Not much relief from depression yet on day 5, but understand it takes time. It does make my tongue numb for a bit after I take it and I've had vivid dreams every night on it."

Hollz (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "The first night I took it I slept for 16 hours straight (15 mgs). When I finally forced myself to get out of bed, I had this insatiable appetite. I also walked around like a zombie feeling groggy for the next day and a half. I took it on a Saturday night knowing that I didn't have to be anywhere the following day (good thing) Needless to say, I stopped taking it."

$leepy February 16, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "My experience with Remeron is short. It worked wonders for me, but I stopped it as it causes awful weight gain. 21 pounds in 4 weeks. I looked pregnant. It made me more depressed. I would just eat. It does something to your brain that makes you feel as though you are never full. At night I would sneak food. I could not stop. I was at 30mg. I've heard 15 mg is worse for weight gain. Also, this drug is also given to elderly patients who are undergoing chemotherapy and also given to people with eating disorders. (Bulimia and anorexia ) As I said. In one respect, it did Wonders for me with anxiety and depression and stopped the voices in my head and helped me sleep. But I couldn't go through gaining any more weight."

Sweeks2222222 January 17, 2016

53 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Was awake and knew what I was supposed to be doing but couldn't something simple like putting on a pair of jeans to go to work carry on a conversation during the day,Not good"

Chaychay December 29, 2015

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "Having failed most SSRI's Remeron was a real surprise. It calmed me, helped me sleep, helped me focus but most importantly had almost no side effects. My appetite went crazy the first week but mellowed out afterwards. I get pretty drowsy about an hour after taking it, so I only take it at bedtime. I had to drop from 45 mg to 30 mg due to it amping me up rather than sedating. Works fine, no tolerance type effects unlike Z-drugs."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2015

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "Bad dreams"

gardenofeden November 23, 2015

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "Just started taking this med again. I've been on more than I can count over the years. The only downfall I've had is the daytime foggy feeling which I'm hoping will subside over time. I've only been taking this less than a week and my depression symptoms have greatly improved as well as I sleep well every night. Appetite has gone up for me as well but not a concern for me at this point. Very happy overall. I will post again in a few weeks to give another update"

faith1981 November 18, 2015

46 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder "I'm on my 3rd day of 30 mg for depression and anxiety. The severity has lessened."

Bobby Pec November 2, 2015

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Was dealing with cancer and was given Remeron for depression. After having surgery for the cancer which was successful I continued with the drug but was having issues with my blood pressure. My BP would drop over 20 points when I stood up and I would lose my breath when walking short distances. All symptoms went away once I quit taking the drug. I would not recommend this drug to anyone as it set my recovery back greatly."

ReadingGirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2015

53 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression "Remeron was a wonder drug for me the first month of taking it. First week - felt so happy, was eating like a pig (I'm underweight so that was amazing to see me gain so much in a week) I slept like a baby the first night and all the rest of the time I was on it. I would knock out at like 11 when I'd usually fall asleep at like 4 or 5. then the second month came around.. not sure if it was something else but I started experiencing intrusive thoughts and my OCD started kicking in A LOT. my doc took me off and now I'm spiraling down again. not sure if it was the med.. but this med worked well for awhile!"

BringOnTheRain July 5, 2015