User Reviews for Remeron

Major Depressive Disorder   7.6
Depression   7.1

Reviews for Remeron

Dg768 · Taken for less than 1 month February 19, 2021

For Depression: “If you have insomnia and lack of hunger this drug may be a God send for you. Unfortunately it was a terrible experience for me. Literally made me sleep 11+ hours, made me super groggy and tired the entire day. The drowsiness and tiredness made my daily activities and work so hard to do.”

Hey · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 12, 2021

For Depression: “So I suffer from depression and anxiety. I had a really rough spot in my life and the doctor prescribed 60mg of remeron daily. It definitely helped me sleep and to minimize depression and anxiety but I gained 60lb in 6 months. I went from 180lb to 240lb, I'm serious. I got off of it and 6 months later I'm back to a natural weight around 200lb. It's a hardcore drug in my eyes. If you are having serious issues it's worth taking but you will gain weight. Everyone gains weight on it...”

LittleLemon · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 5, 2021

For Depression: “I suddenly lost a ton of weight and couldn’t eat. After testing it was found I had gastroparesis. I can eat almost like a normal person now, though I still have to be mindful of digestion rates. I don’t feel like I got hit by a truck when I wake up anymore. I started at 7.5, but taking 15mg for the past 6 months. I can over eat with it too, which can cause problems. It also helps me sleep. It has brought back a quality of life I didn’t think I’d have again. More people should know about remeron for Gp”

Shante · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 6, 2021

For Depression: “I was anxious and underweight couldn't sleep at night. My Dr. had gone through anxiety and remeron worked for her so she prescribed them to me for sleep and weight gain and it worked but after a few months I didn't care about anything at all.”

Gia · Taken for less than 1 month December 25, 2020

For Insomnia: “Remeron helps with sleep in the short term, 7-10 days, but then will act as an antidepressant long term. It works best for sleep in low doses like 7.5 mg, I’m trying to wean myself off ativan, and Remeron acts as a very good sleep agent for the short term. Im still on SSRI celexa at 30 mg for depression. Here’s an article explaining this”

Not · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 2, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “I took Remeron for 6 months, it did wonders for my depression and anxiety during the first weeks, I started with the 15mg dose, but as time passed, the effect started to disappear, I increased my dose to 30, the same thing happened, the effect disappeared, now I am taking 45mg, and the effect is not at all the same as I felt in the first weeks, unfortunately this medicine is not a long-term medicine, I am thinking of changing”

Geraldine · Taken for less than 1 month October 25, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “I'm on week 4 of mirtazapine 30mg and still feeling anxious. I have some really good days, so I think the tablet has started working, but then the next day I can be anxious all day long, which then disheartens me. Im wondering whether to stick with it ? Any experience would be welcome.”

Taina · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 15, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “I have suffered from major depression for the past 20 years which caused severe insomnia Remeron has been a lifesaver . I have been able to sleep , but it causes weight gain . My doctor decreased it from 45 mg to 30 mg . There is no major difference between the dosage . I will be following a diet suggested by my dietician to lose 7 pounds gained from the meds”

HERE · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 7, 2020

For Depression: “REMERON/MIRTAZAPINE was wonderful the first two weeks particulary because I felt dismal for 50 years then mirtazapine came about. But after two weeks of a new life of positivity things changed to a life of pain nausea apathy crying worrying close to zero motivation even to use the restroom. I can go on and on , basically now I wonder why people live for 100% negativity literally even when you list all things. I wish I never experienced the good from this drug because now mental torture and horrible chronic pains would best describe my life!!!”

Redds October 4, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “I have tried many antidepressants. I love Remeron. I feel happy. Side effect always hunger. But it has done amazing things for me. My family and friends gave noticed. Have been on 30mg for 6 weeks.”

shadow460 September 20, 2020

For Depression: “First off, the doctors have it nailed down what my issues is. It's residual effects from an old brain injury. Unfortunately they treat it as depression alone. Remeron made me feel fantastic, erasing almost every worry I had at 15 milligrams. Doc bumped it to 30mg, I felt almost like my old self again. I typically stay 220-225 pounds, am 6'1", and that's how it's been since the Triassic period, except for when I dropped to 212 earlier this year. I found eight nasty surprises (pounds) when I stepped on my bathroom scale. I messaged the doc right away and told him I was dropping back to 15 mg, which he ultimately approved. My weight continued to rise over the next week, topping out at 231lb, though the urge to snack had stopped. Four days later the fun began. I became dysphoric to the point of wanting just to sleep all day but unable to even with some reasonably strong sleeping pills. I began to crave Remeron and gave in to taking it.”

Starsngalaxy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 8, 2020

For Depression: “I have bipolar disorder, and during my low episodes I experience intense anxiety, which feels all day like that feeling when you look over a huge drop (if you're scared of heights). That feeling where your heart almost jumps put of your mouth, and also with ruminating thoughts of guilt and shame (OCD-like), that are so extreme they send me into depersonalisation with hallicinations. After just 1 or 2 doses of Remeron at a dose of 15mg, during these episodes, those ruminating thoughts and anxiousness almost completely disappear. It's miraculous. They make me so numb that I feel like I could do a bungee jump and not feel anything, which at times is a life saver. However that feeling of complete numbness, paired with feeling very groggy in the mornings, is what makes me come off of it when these episodes pass. Using it in this way is what works for me, although it's an off label way of using it. With BPD, the numbness makes me split on my partner quite badly and lessens my creativity.”

rubbernose · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 7, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “Mirtazapine took my depression away in as little as 5 days. It was great, now I can live. 5 months later I started having severe bouts of breathlessness. My Psych says it is not the drug, it is anxiety. I stopped the drug for three days and the symptom totally went away. I went back on it real quick cuz the depression came on fast. Doc put me on .5mg clonazepam twice a day, but doesn't help the breathing. Anybody else have this breathlessness?”

YahyaDead · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 19, 2020

For Depression: “Remeron was prescribed for Anxiety, OCD, Panic attacks, IBS, Lack of appetite, Anger. It only worked for 3 weeks, it was good for increasing my appetite, . helping me sleep and reducing my anxiety and anger, however, its effect was almost gone after few weeks. I also used to have weird vivid dreams, but they almost stopped happening after few weeks.. No side effect whatsoever..”

Xag · Taken for less than 1 month June 2, 2020

For Depression: “I’m on my 8th day since I started taking half of a 30mg pill before I go to sleep everyday. It helps me have a very good night sleep, has enhanced my appetite and is helping me cope and deal with the hard situation I’m facing. I am satisfied with the results so far although I feel sleepy all day long.”

1234 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 24, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “I gained 25 lbs in 6 weeks on Remeron. I was 125lb when I started the medication and now I’m bordering on overweight. Luckily when I stopped the medication the weight gain stopped. It helped slightly with my chronic migraines and did not make me sleepy. I feel it did improve my quality of sleep somewhat, but not enough to continue gaining weight at that rate. I did exercise and watch what I ate but it just made me too hungry. It had no effect on my depression unfortunately, and I feel much worse about myself after gaining all that weight. Ketamine therapy has been the only antidepressant to work for me yet.”

Trytrytry · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 18, 2020

For Depression: “I was feeling very depressed 3 years ago and I've always suffered from anxiety, I tried other anti-depressants but the side affects were horrendous so I started on 15mg Mirtazapine, they started to work after a few days. I felt calm and my anxiety reduced hugely, I also slept very well. They will give you very vivid dreams, after a few weeks I started feeling anxious/agitated during the day so I popped another pill and that did the trick after an hour. The Doc upped my dose then to 30mg and they worked great at night. But I felt very anxious in the morning so the Doc very unusually apparently prescribed 15mg for the morning, that really did the trick. Fast forward 3 years, I'm still on the 45mg and they still help me sleep, my mood however is a little on the low side, anxiety is quite bad, in a nutshell they work less and less the longer you are on them, I'm now thinking of tapering off them and trying some talking therapy even if I am a little sceptical of the value of doing so.”

Renaygademaster · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 15, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “I started on this drug Remeron at 15 mg found that it worked for two weeks then the anxiety came back so I upped it to 30 and guess what same thing happened so I’m trying 37.5 I hope these meds begin to work and stay that way”

Never Again May 14, 2020

For Depression: “I literally split a 15mg down to into 8ths because my body is so sensitive. Wow... I have been out of it for DAYS.. I cannot stop sleeping. Put me in a horrible weird state like I don't know what's going on or like I'm truly awake. Just feel 'out of it' .. Off of a sliver! I have read contradictory things about dosing. I would indeed say and agree with that the lower doses are VERY sedating. Very weirdly vivid (not nightmarish) dreams... I had a gene test done and this medication was on my "lower doses maybe be required" I can't even imagine what a high dose would do! This is completely staying on my 'NO!' list! Be careful of this medication because it is POWERFUL. I feel like I've just been high for days. Like I've just been smoking the most dank weed and I've just been stuck in this high. When I wake up I feel like I'm manic, like I just have a huge rush of anxiety. I wanted to try this because I am experiencing "heartburn" like chest pain that isn't acid related at all..”

Dave · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 5, 2020

For Depression: “I really like this medication. I‘d always been wary of antidepressants because of the well known side effects but being an SSRI I gave this one a shot. Never looked back. Gained maybe 8 pounds but you cant tell because I look and feel so much healthier and happier. Little to no side effects other than that 8 pounds, I can finally sleep again. Woke up a little dizzy in the morning for the first 2 or 3 weeks but it doesn't happen anymore. You probably WON'T ever forget to take it and you won’t be able to sleep without it once you’re on it, but my quality of life is so much higher I don't mind”

Nic · Taken for less than 1 month April 10, 2020

For Major Depressive Disorder: “I've been dealing with a lot of family issues plus I suffer from MDD and GAD, anyway I believe I also have PTSD and I was stuck on repeat in my mind and could not stop reliving a past "argument" had Iwith my family. I took 15mg last night and already the obsessive thoughts have diminished. I also have subconscience fears of being poisoned. Those have also diminished since yesterday. Hope it continues I just worry about weight gain but if my mind isn't occupied with all the rubbish I can focus on exercise.”

Anon · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 14, 2020

For Depression: “I am an alcoholic/addict who had been self medicating through any illicit substance I could get my hands on for over 10 years. Remeron was suggested in treatment since I’ve suffered with anxiety/social anxiety/major depression for so many years that I had lost hope in ever getting better. Remeron worked fast and with counseling/meditation/exercise, and I felt like a person again. I was on Remeron for about 4 months until I tapered off my 7.5 mg dose. For me less was more. About 10 months later I noticed my depression creeping up and since I’ve been sober/clean for about 15 months I felt like I fell short in mental health maintenance (when I really didn’t) So I went to see a doctor and got back on 15mg and the next day the medication was already working better than I could have ever hoped for. I didn’t want to accept the fact that I was getting depressed but if I didn’t reach out for help it would of led me down the road to relapse.”

Coco February 19, 2020

For Depression: “I was taking mirtazapine for around a year and had I been in a better space I would have gotten off it as soon as I realised it was causing certain effects on me. Minor side effects - sluggishness, major weigh gain. I was prescribed this medication due to having poor sleep but it made me have vivid awful dreams - sleep paralysis multiple times a night. I used to sleep for 14+ hours, usually in the day due to being worried about falling asleep for the nightmares. It caused me to miss lots of university - I was so tired and drowsy I could not physically get up. I wish I had been able to understand the effect it was having on my body and stop them sooner. I was severely suicidal. I made plans almost daily, even walking to the shop I thought about walking in front of buses. It was a truly awful time in my life, made worse by a medication which did not suit me. I’m glad it has worked for some, but If anyone I knew personally were to tell me they were taking it, I would advise them not to.”

Kimikat · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 14, 2020

For Depression: “Remeron is great for sleep, anxiety and depression. It really works !”

Mo · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 11, 2020

“Just want to know if anybody else feels this. I am only taking 7.5 mg remeron of this. I have been on it about 2 months. It has helped but now I have tired sore muscles. In different places. My shoulder hurts a lot. So over it. Rather go back to panic attacks. Has anybody else experienced this? Nothing like this has happened to me. A little concerned but deep down I know it is this med. Going to take less tonight and wean off of it. Thanks for any comments.”