User Reviews for Remeron

Learn more about Remeron.

Depression 104 reviews 79 medications

7.4
Major Depressive Disorder 25 reviews 46 medications

6.6
Summary of Remeron reviews 129 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Remeron

For Depression "I've been on Effexor for several years and suffered severe sexual effects so went to the doc and he started me on Remeron. For the last three years I've been training cardio 5-6 times a week, had lost 10 kg and feeling quite proud of my body. Now at just over three months on Remeron I started feeling my clothes getting tighter, am feeling fat, bloated and lethargic. I can't train with the intensity I am used to and just want to go to bed earlier and earlier. I weighed myself the other day and to my horror found I'd put on 11 kg. I don't feel I've been eating much more than I used to. Of course the realization that I've lost everything I've worked for in recent years has made me feel pretty bad, and I'm not sure I want to continue."

Craigers (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "This medicine works great for me from 9 years"

Vess October 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "After years of being on depression medication and mood stabilizers my body stopped responding to my typical medications. My doctor called me in Remeron to try out. I took this drug for 2 days and had to stop due to extreme anger andk dar thoughts that are not typically me. My other half also went on this drug for a very short time because of the same issues. This medication is horrible"

MichelleAb September 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been taking Remeron for about three years, at various dosages. It does a great job of handling my depression without aggravating my anxiety. It also gives me severe munchies, especially for carbs. But otherwise I have no side effects. Which is a first with me and antidepressants; the SSRIs in particular wrecked me. My doctor told me that usually, people who can't take SSRIs will be able to tolerate Remeron."

Serene Celine (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "This medicine is a godsend. Being 100% honest I didn't like it because of the vivid nightmares but THEY DO STOP WITH CONTINUED USAGE. Don't give up too soon. The vivid nightmares stopped after my 5 day of taking this drug. Now, 2 weeks later my nightmares are gone and have normal dreams that don't involve death, violence or carnage. I sleep well and awaken rested. Some days there is a little groggy feelings in the morning but they wear off as you start moving. A cup of coffee helps as well. My appetite has increased and several people complain of weight gain. YOU WILL GAIN TOO MUCH WEIGHT IF YOU STAY SEDENTARY. I started lifting weights and doing planks and push-ups. That keeps the weight gain at bay."

G-Dub (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I've been taking Remeron for a little over a month now. Since taking it I do sleep better however I have been having very strange unusual dreams that I wouldn't regularly dream about. My dreams are more vivid and life like although I know it's not real. Also the day after taking the medication I can't seem to fully wake up - like I never feel fully rested."

Mander Rae July 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have taken Remeron for over 6 years at 30mg before bedtime to treat life long suicidal depression and debilitating social anxiety. In the first few days of taking it I can say it was like a switch put to normal. It knocks me out within 1/2 hour of taking it and it is not possible to wake me into a coherent and alert state for at least 5 hours, that isn't an issue for me and the family is used to it now also. The hours of guaranteed sleep is an added bonus. I have my life back, I no longer have social anxiety & I can deal in very high pressure situations perfectly fine. I have noticed a worsening short term memory issues but given my line of work I can't say it has relationship to the med, & I will not go off med to find out."

Allswell45 June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "This drug saved my life. I never thought I'd say that but due to a health issue I have had chronic tension headaches that have now disappeared! Oh and my depression and anxiety are gone on this. I'm able to feel blissful. I'm able to handle tough situations. I'm able to live. Give it time to work cause it could make your life so much better."

Saved At Last June 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been anxious, paranoid and depressed since puberty (10 years). Doctors have tried SSRIs, SNRIs, and benzos, but nothing seemed to be working. The doctor wrote a script for Remeron. I was skeptical at first, and the initial side effects scared me (slurred speech, drowsiness, blurred vision), however I kept with it and I feel so much better. It is relieving being able to live without thinking I am about to get fired, or if I am getting fat (which is ridiculous. I actually have an eating disorder and I am clinically underweight). My neurotic paranoia seems to be somewhat cornered and I no longer depend on alcohol to keep me under control. I have only been on the drug for a week at 15mg. Hopefully this journey is almost over."

arnold layne (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I have tried Doxepin, Escitalopram, and others. Remeron or Mirtazapine is the best for chronic insomnia with depression (my issue). It also reduces day time anxiety. I feel relaxed but sufficiently alert for mental and physical work. i think my efficiency has increased with it. So far no weight issues either (I think not all people will gain weight, probably only a small minority), stomach feels great. No dry mouth, no anticholinergic side-effects. Even my allergies are dying. Hamstring pain is also reduced, which is suffer from. and somehow one of my painful cyst has also disappeared. All in all my daytime posture is better than ever since the age of 18. I feel youthful. The only negative side-effect I feel is increased urination."

DDarson April 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "This medication was the magic bullet for me anxiety wise and depression wise. I slept extremely well and my anxiety plummeted. I would have definitely stayed on it if it weren't for the atrocious weight gain! I am normally 110 lbs or so, and within 1.5 months was up to 130lbs! During this time I wasn't eating much more than normal and I was skateboarding, canoeing, and running yet still putting on weight. I was the happiest, yet the fattest I had EVER been on this drug, so it was love/hate relationship. I decided to go off of it because I couldn't tolerate the weight. Was a shame, since it was extremely effective for me otherwise. Oh well."

FLGAL (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "It hit me hard. Insomnia. Bad dreams. Dilated pupils. Brain fog and headache. Freaky hungry but I countered with Tumeric Golden Tea to up my insulin resistance. I took 2 days. I was Tripppping..."

Sun Moon & Stars (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I was prescribed this medication for insomnia and depression. It worked great for the insomnia the first six months but then it no longer worked. I'm too sensitive to ssris medication so I thought this would be a great match until it stopped working. Also makes you perpetually hungry and prone to gain weight"

Jml76 November 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Feeling fantastic, like myself again. Wanted to say I have not gained weight, in fact, I have LOST WEIGHT with this drug. My appetite increased but I needed it. I liked to skip breakfast and lunch most days to "lose weight". I only kept the fat on. With this newfound energy im experiencing Im more active and burning more calories. My increased appetite has prompted me to eat regular healthy meals and my metabolism has skyrocketed! Im burning fat and building muscle. Just wanted to put in my 2 cents. Alot of people gained weight, I have not. If you watch what you eat and your portion size, plus exercise regularly you shouldnt see an unwanted weight gain with this drug."

FloridaFitGirl954 November 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Fantastic medicine! I have insomnia, depression and anxiety. Helps me fall asleep and sleep hard all through the night. I wake up feeling refreshed. This pill gives me lots of energy. Imy back on my bicycle and hitting my home gym daily. I feel confident in myself for the first time and almost feel guilty for not having constant self depreciating thoughts. Thankful God has given me powerful healing in this medicine. A tool against the devil, I no longer hear his lies so much. Living happily "

954Girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I am using remeron to help with nausea, depression and anxiety as I taper off 1 mg of Klonopin after several years of using that drug. It was hard in the beginning; I had headaches and crushing fatigue for weeks. Now, I feel this drug has been a godsend; it helps with all and ensures that I sleep well most nights. This is my third attempt to get off of Klonopin and I have never been able to reduce my dosage so much. I do notice that my weight is now creeping up so I need to watch that more carefully, but that side effect is one I will have to tackle as I will not give up my remeron."

Liz12NJ (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "After a year of taking this, I have trouble speaking at all, severe sedation and constant irritability. Also a dangerous lack of care about my personal affairs and suicidal ideation. I'm called 'stable', when really I'm frozen in depression. I will never trust a psychiatrist again."

Dead to the World (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "This is a wonder drug for my Depression. However, the only drawback is to me it is physically addicting."

Foxtrotz (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "At first, I took Remeron and I was knocked out for a full day. I was underweight and had panic anxiety. This really helped me. After the first day my body seemed to adjust to Remeron and by the 3rd day, I didn't have any tired feeling at all. It definitely helped me with sleep. I am now on 30 x 2 tabs a day and have been on this for years. I am actually afraid to get off of it. It has helped me through very difficult times."

bumarel June 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I have taken 15 mg Remeron for about 5 days so far and it already is a miracle pill for me. I am slightly underweight and had constant anxiety, but so far this medication has vastly improved my appetite and I just feel relaxed, but not in an drugged feeling way. I actually enjoy food and am no longer as picky of an eater as I was before, which is awesome. It also helps with sleep, as it certainly has a sedative effect after you take it. I was really groggy and tired the first day after I took it, but have been fine and energized everyday since. I know every medication affects people differently, but if you are depressed and not worried about weight gain, give this a shot."

-D- May 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I slept like the dead when I took this which was great cuz I had horrible PPD and hadn't slept in weeks. But I gained 60 lbs in two months. I would retain so much water I felt like I was going to explode. Plus, anorgasmia so I discontinued it after 9 months. Horrible withdrawal."

Chouette99 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I have been on this medication only 2 weeks I am finally not crying all the time. I am still not sleeping. I go for days not sleeping and when I do it is only for 2 or 3 hours. I am hoping this med eventually helps my sleep time. I don't seem to be having any side effects. If weight gain is a side effect it will help since I have been too thin most of my life. I have tried so many meds for depression and this one seems to be the only one that has had any effect on it at all. I would considerate it to be wonderful and would recommend it for depression."

nscol (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "This medication is one of modern medicine's true miracles. I started taking it 7 months ago after a devastating benzo/opiate relapse and I have suffered from MDD and insomnia for 19 years. During that time I have literally tried everything - legal AND illegal. Thank God for this medicine. I did gain a ton of weight at first but consider it a small price to pay for high quality/quantity of sleep, energy, a positive mood, and an all around "good" feeling. Everyone reacts to medicine differently, don't give up. I am so thankful to have my sanity and my life back - all thanks to this medicine."

SchottyNurse April 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Excellent for obsessive thoughts, best depression lift in many years...BUT...I am going off of it after five weeks. The initial side effects I could deal with, the normal headache, grogginess, irritability but then after the fourth week I noticed a rare side effect of edema (water retention) of an average of 2.5lbs a day and on my last days 3-4lbs. It was serious. It also caused extreme sugar/carb cravings. That I can control, the water I cannot."

JJisblue (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "So far, I'm very happy as my nausea, vomiting, stomach cramps and anxiety have subsided. Not much relief from depression yet on day 5, but understand it takes time. It does make my tongue numb for a bit after I take it and I've had vivid dreams every night on it."

Hollz (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2016