User Reviews for Remeron (Page 2)

Learn more about Remeron.

Depression 95 reviews 78 medications

7.4
Major Depressive Disorder 17 reviews 46 medications

6.4
Summary of Remeron reviews 112 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Remeron

For Depression "I've been taking this medication for approximately 3 years now. For all who are upset with the weight gain and sleepiness, it doesn't last forever. I think I gained about 10-15 lbs in my first few months, but I've managed to lose it all. Now I am only sleepy right after I take it (at bedtime) and I wake up feeling rested without the hangover. It's definitely levelled off my depression, and I feel normal. If you can get past the first few weeks, this medication is a life saver. I truly forgot that this medication even has side effects, since I've been on it so long. Also, I tried the SSRI/SNRI route first. On Zoloft, I would've made a great cast member for the Walking Dead. I've never felt more like a zombie. Remeron is the best!"

marcy630 April 4, 2015

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Insomnia "Cannot sleep on Remeron"

boonking12 March 11, 2015

For Depression "I didn't experience a crazy increase in appetite, however I did gain motivation that I previously didn't have to go to the gym and lift weights which helped me put my weight back on. Side effects for me included slight numbness of the tongue and I feel like I mumble a lot because of that. Side effects do not bother me due to the fact that I feel so much better because of the medicine."

SmoothSailings January 5, 2015

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Have often extremely severe chronic depression/anxiety and Crohn's disease. My Crohn's Disease can give me a great deal of acid reflux so much to where I now have a hiatal hernia. Remeron did wonders for not only my MDD mixed with an SSRI (Prozac, Paxil, Wellbutrin, etc) settled my stomach and helped me sleep a bit better. It doesn't work very well any longer for sleep. I tried getting off it at one point and I went totally mental! It was only initially making me constipated for the first month , but it helps me hang on somehow."

NY 50 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 3, 2014

"I was prescribed 15 mg for acute insomnia and the first night I fell asleep so well, it felt like my eye lids were heavy, then the vivid dream came. This continued for a week, and I was so groggy, had trouble coming out, but it is supposed to work better the longer you take it, and I am sorry I did not use this medicine longer. I am going to get it again and try a full 30 days and see. Looking forward to a nights sleep. Ambien is great, but the side effects are too much for me, but everyone reacts differently to these medicines."

1McGeo November 22, 2014

For Depression "I have suffered from severe disabling anxiety and depression for over a year now. I'm a paramedic, and father of 2 children and it greatly affected by ability to work, or even go to work and also my ability to enjoy my children when I had them. Lost 30-40lbs. After trying every SSRI on the market for 4 weeks and finally developing suicidal thoughts I checked myself in to a hospital. Within 4 days of starting Rememron- depression was completely relieved. Still have anxiety at times, no panic attacks. VERY FEW SIDE EFFECTS. Had sweating the first 2 days, that's it. GREAT MEDICINE FOR ME!!!!!!! I'm eating again and feeling great!"

Medic14 (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2014

189 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "30 mg. dosage; What to possibly expect based on my experience. Day 1. I was extremely tired & if I let my head hit the pillow, I would experience micro sleep. I felt a little dizzy at times. Be careful around stairs if you suffer from vertigo. Functionality was delayed - my mind was in a cloud & it was difficult to work or concentrate on something that required deep attention. Day2. I felt hungover. Hypersensitive to sounds, meaning that my mind would abnormally jolt to a greater sense of attention to a noise than before. The dizziness remained but at a decreased level. Day 3. Almost normal; just slightly tired."

jeffdotcooper (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2014

118 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Probably the best antidepressant I've taken in terms of overall effect and side effects (minimal side effects). Also, I noted the improvement in days, vs weeks for SSRI/SNRI's. It's not like being hit by a dose of Ritalin but just was a general sense of wanting to get back in the game, feeling ok, but not "locked in" - still have a good range of emotions."

AnonAnonAnon (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 16, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "I had been taking Restoril for sleep for several years. I found that my level of depression was worsening over time and I had to take more and more to sleep. Finally, I decided that I needed to get off of the Restoril. My doctor prescribed Remeron. I have been taking it for several weeks now and find that my mood has improved as well as my sleep. I am down to 1/2 of the Restoril I was taking before and hopefully may be able to discontinue it. The only downside of Remeron is that my appetite has increased, which is not good for me. Otherwise, I would have rated this as a 10."

xyz123 September 16, 2014

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Have had generalized and social anxiety for as long as I can remember. Was on Klonopin 1.0 to 1.5 mg twice a day (about 15 years) along with propranolol 20 mg twice a day. I decided at the beginning of this year that I was going to try to wean myself off Klonopin as getting a script every month for Klonopin is a pain. I started Remeron 5 months ago at 15mg than 22.5mg and in no time my anxiety level went down. I was also on Vyvanse to counter depression from long term Klonopin which I replaced with Wellbutrin. With Remeron/Wellbutrin combination I am down to 0.5mg twice a day Klonopin which I never dreamed was possible. I plan on going on Lyrica or Neurontin to help wean off Klonopin for good."

dcubed August 13, 2014

114 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have several issues and was given Remeron along with Seroquel and Tegretol, I take it at night and I sleep now, its pretty amazing but I'm so tired after taking it that I can't keep my eyes open no matter what. In the 3 weeks I have been on it I have gained 3lbs which is awesome for me. I hope the sleepiness dies down some as it is a bit strong for me, but overall this is a great medicine."

muninn42 (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2014

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was on Remeron for about 2 years before. Helped very very much with my depression. But although I often felt very sleepy near the beginning of the treatment, the massive fatigue eventually subsided to an acceptable level. 20-mins after taking it, I'm ready for bed I can't keep my eyes open no matter what. I just restarted Remeron two days ago, after more than a year being on it. As I type this, I feel fogged over, sort of sleepy, and immensely "munchie". As before when I took it, I'd find myself waking up several times a night going to raid the fridge and cabinets for munchie or sweet foods (and meats! definitely craved meat all the time). So again, on Remeron: eating again, sleeping some, more relaxed, less sad. "

steverh (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 20, 2014

131 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "My main problem is a pretty bad insomnia / anxiety. I tried several natural products over the last 3 years (melatonine, Valerian root, Tea, GABA, Magnesium etc...) as well as using good sleeping habits. I just couldn't support the lack of sleep anymore (hundreds of night without sleeping in the last year) so my GP prescribed me with Zoplicone & Trazodone. It didn't work and my anxiety went pretty bad. I finally pushed my GP to prescribe Remeron. After one week I regained my sleeping cycle at 15mg. Little to no side effects for me except I feel a bit sleepy until 10AM. Really mild anti-depressant, far from SSRI really bad side & withdrawal effects. Try it without fear."

Sebbyboy (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2014

208 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Excellent and I love that it increases my appetite since I have a hard time eating. Helps calm me so I can sleep."

Sill (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 26, 2014

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "No sexual side effects as with SSRI's."

Mike VT (taken for 10 years or more) March 21, 2014

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "After trying these for about 5 week's had to go back to Dr to change. I felt worse than I'd ever felt in my life I was so angry all the time for no reason, I cried more than I did before medicines for the first time ever I was thinking about suicide. It also gave me a massive appetite gained about ten pounds, which I didn't need so these definitely do not work for me fingers crossed my new ones will."

hippy bill March 18, 2014

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Caused restless leg syndrome."

Little Momma (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2014

For Depression "Love it. Been prescribed it for 3 months. Works great and makes me feel more happier and also improves my sleep"

Carmen810 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2014

139 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have been on Remeron since last April. Wonderful!! Nothing else worked..tried everything in the past 4 years. Gained 20 pounds but was so happy to feel better until my blood work showed a high increase in my cholesterol which is stated in info so check yours out. I am now trying Paxil but if does not work will have to go back on Remeron and a Cholesterol pill which I am not happy about but the good out weighs the bad. Anyone else have this problem...."

kmllml (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 1, 2014

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I had been taking Remeron for about 6 months. I am 23 years of age and have had sleep problems my whole life. For 6 months my life was great. Everything seemed just perfect. 2 months ago I decided to stop taking it cold turkey. BAD idea. Within the last month the side effects began to kick in. Extreme anxiety, anger, sleeplessness, overall feeling of worthlessness came upon me. It was absolutely terrible! Today my doctor put me back on the medicine and tonight I'll be taking it again. I am so excited to see what lies ahead. If you take Remeron PLEASE do not quit taking it cold turkey on your own. Seek a doctors advice."

RC11234 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 20, 2013

174 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Constantly hungry so gained a lot of weight."

cornix December 13, 2013

For Depression "No effect on mood or anxiety, did help with sleep though. Gained 22 lbs over 3 or 4 months, which really made me depressed! Slowly tapered off on my own, am now losing the weight and just started Celexa. Can already feel a difference in anxiety level, am amazed."

Anne1234 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 16, 2013

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I started taking Remeron about 2 weeks ago. I feel better, less depressed, but I am experiencing a different side effect than what is listed. My tongue feels numb and I can't taste anything very well. Everything has the same taste. I called the advice nurse. She talked with the doctor and I was advised to keep taking it until my appointment next week. I am going to wait to see the doctor before I report this to the FDA."

Lynne1955 October 14, 2013

For Depression "I am taking this medicine now and I am happy with it. I felt like a zombie the first few days but today is the start of week two and I am feeling great."

Jen4sure777696 (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2013

126 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "This medication has worked great for me. I was feeling pretty well with Prozac, but had to switch doses from 20mg to 40mg. The main reason I got off Prozac was because I had NO appetite and lost 17 lbs which, in my case, was a bad thing since I was already skinny and wanted to bulk up. I switched to Remeron, which not only made me feel better mood wise, but increased my appetite and helped me sleep great! It's a 3-in-1 drug for me. It also helped a bit for my anxiety. Only have been taking it for about three weeks so I hope my mood, sleep, anxiety, and appetite stay this way."

ixzlazuzuixz (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2013