User Reviews for Remeron (Page 4)

Learn more about Remeron.

Depression 96 reviews 80 medications

7.4
Major Depressive Disorder 17 reviews 46 medications

6.4
Summary of Remeron reviews 113 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Remeron

For Anxiety "I was drinking heavy to combat anxiety for years. Remeron sorted me out. Still drank now and again but in general felt good about myself. I've tried lots of anti-anxiety medicines and this one is the best. Weight gain but makes me happy so a small price to pay. One last thing when on this I would look in the mirror and feel good about myself for the first time in years. Good medicine."

Anonymous July 12, 2012

117 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "This has been a lifesaver for me for anxiety and insomnia. I was on Zoloft 75mg for the last 5 months and it was of little benefit. I've only been on 7.5 mg of Remeron for 7 days but the results have been great, (still also on 75mg of Zoloft). Remeron gives me a good 8-9 hours of sleep every day, a strong appetite (I lost 25 pounds in 5 months when I began to have these problems). My energy level is returning to normal. 90% of my anxiety is gone. It is nothing short of a miracle. Yes, I feel a bit groggy & dopey for an hour or two after I wake up but that is a small price to pay for me getting my life back."

feelingbetterinMI (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2012

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Insomnia "I have taken Remeron for 3.5 years. I was experiencing a family crisis, was anxious, depressed and could not sleep. I have taken every antidepressant on the market. They might work for a year then nothing. You MUST go on Remeron slowly. 1/4 of the dissolving tablet for a week, then 1/2 for a week or 2. I was told never, never to start with a whole dose or to quit cold turkey. TITRATE is the key. I get real food cravings late at night. But, I don't eat. Remeron is the best antidepressant I have ever taken."

Arcticflowergirl (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 16, 2012

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Was on Remeron for 3 months. It worked at first as I noticed anxiety lessening, but after three months it has lost it's efficacy. My anxiety skyrocketed, and Remeron has done nothing for it. Thank goodness I didn't have any side effects from the Remeron, aside from increased appetite. I think Remeron should be used for depression and not anxiety, so if anxiety is your major issue I'd go with an SSRI."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2012

For Depression "About 2 years ago, I was prescribed Remeron. I immediately got my appetite back. But then unfortunately about a week later my legs, ankles, feet, hands, and wrists were terribly swollen. So much that it hurt to walk. The doctor told me to stop taking it and the swelling went away."

TLC0902 (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2012

For Insomnia "I am writing to say DO NOT judge by the experience of others - try it yourself. In my case, after twenty years of stumbling daily through a heavy fog, unable to concentrate, loss of memory, no motivation. Remeron gave me 8 hours of sleep a night, week after week, until I became a new person simply because my body was getting rest. I made sure only healthy, healthy food was available in my house and did not have any weight gain at all. For some people this will provide a miraculous turn around - try it like I did - two weeks will give you a good test, no need for six weeks like other drugs. Start on low dose, don't take it until bedtime, no matter what the doctor says. Good luck, hope it helps you too."

Just do it April 26, 2012

233 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "After 10 years on SSRIs, my doctor switched me to Remeron. It works well for me for anxiety and depression. It does give me ridiculous levels of restless leg syndrome about an hour after I take it, but that's really the only bad side effect. It does not kill libido or cause delayed orgasm like Lexapro did for me. I think it's a good medicine and surprised that it isn't more of a first line medication. It does make you want to eat everything in sight, so you have to have willpower to control that urge but I am able to keep that in check."

-C April 22, 2012

For Depression "I have it all...anxiety, depression and insomnia. Sometimes I can be anxious in the morning, depressed in the afternoon. Have tried Wellbutrin/Cymbalta combination, Pristiq, Viibryd, Effexor, and every SSRI. I definitely felt an improvement with Cymbalta/Wellbutin and Pristiq, but not 100% myself. Remeron has been a God send to me. It works fast; dare I say I am in a good mood again after only three days. I was a bit tired in the morning, but I will gladly take some fatigue to rid of the anxiety and depression, and I hear this goes away in time. As far as the weight gain, I have always been a good eater and go to the gym, so if my appetite increases (it hasn't as of yet) I will just have to monitor it. So far, it's been great."

haley4540 April 18, 2012

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I've been on Remeron for nearly two weeks now and I can feel my mood elevating and depression decreasing already. Also, I'm now getting full nights of sleep, which is also an amazing feeling. The only downsides I've seen so far are some grogginess in the morning (though that has been less and less noticeable) and ravenous hunger (this has not gotten less). Luckily, because now I'm starting to actually want to leave the house and do stuff, I've been able to work out pretty consistently this past week and hopefully that will counteract the effects of me eating the weight of a horse every day. I've tried more antidepressants than I can count on one hand, and this is the first time in a long time I've started to feel better."

Anonymous April 15, 2012

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have been on mirtazapine for about 6 years. Tried Effexor before and found it so stimulating I couldn't sleep, felt like I was high, switched to mirtazapine instead had proper nights sleep. Mirtazapine is great for sleep, not to bad on anxiety. "

Jag man April 10, 2012

For Depression "I've been on every antidepressant out there. I finally found what works! It is also very mild, which is a wonderful change from all of the other heavier medications I have been on. I too experienced much needed weight gain."

Anonymous April 6, 2012

For Insomnia "I have been taking Remeron for about 3 years now and only recently are the side effects bothering me. I started taking it to counterbalance my ADHD medication so I could sleep at night. However I stopped taking my ADHD medicines and I have noticed weight gain. I'm assuming its a bit of both medicines though. Also, the drowsiness is becoming a big issue as I am sleeping through my 9am classes and I have a hard time getting awake for a long period of time. I do however love that I can sleep through the night and fall asleep fast, which has always been an issue for me. I also love the vivid dreams!"

Anonymous March 28, 2012

For Insomnia "Well, it works. Prescribed 7.5mg prior to bedtime and it will take you down---initially. Found it wasn't effective at that dose beyond a week or so and reminded me of trazodone or doxepin. Those who know are familiar with the overly sedated feeling and NOTHING like a natural, drowsy sleep onset. Fairly cheap, made me gain weight due to increased appetite."

Anonymous March 5, 2012

For Depression "My doctor had me try this after several other current anti-depressants failed. It gave me bad nightmares every night for the three weeks I tried it. The last night I took it, my dog (who sleeps with me) was frantically licking my face to wake me out of my nightmare. That was enough. I then went to an old medicine, imipramine, that has proved effective in controlling my depression and anxiety."

Anonymous February 21, 2012

For Depression "I have been on Remeron a little over 3 months for depression and anxiety. It has changed my life after years of insomnia and depressio. I think I finally found what works for me. The first couple of weeks are rough though, I felt tired all the time especially the first day I slept 21 hours! It gets better after about 3 weeks. I am depression free and I sleep a whole lot better than I used to. If you are afraid of the side effects don't worry they will diminish after about a couple of weeks ..just stick it out it's well worth it. I have taken almost every anti-depressant in the books and Remeron is the only one that has worked for me. I think you should give it a try it works for a lot of people!"

Anonymous February 21, 2012

126 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Been on it 2 weeks for anxiety, insomnia and depresion, 30mg at night. Love it. Sleep like a baby, wake up refreshed and energy levels have risen, feel so happy, not feeling high or anything, just seem to feel normal, which I haven't felt in 10 years, only kind of downside is that I can't stop eating! And not sugars and carbs! I eat almost anything that is available to me, if there is only a bag of salad in the fridge I will eat the whole thing! The last time I had an appetite like this I was a very active teenager. I've already gained half a stone in 2 weeks and I was 11 stone to start with. My family are all overweight and I'm just a little worried I wont be able to control it! Help please."

catlady80 January 19, 2012

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I'm in the Marine Corps, and I've been on Remeron for a little over a month now for anxiety, depression and insomnia, and gained 15 lbs. I get about 8 hrs of sleep a night. But, if you have a job that requires you to be a certain weight I would advise you to ask the doctor for something else. I quit taking it because of that and literally cannot sleep again because I have to "weigh in" soon. Now I'm back to not sleeping and I literally have not eaten for 3 days just so I can make the right weight. Wish me luck!"

Anonymous January 18, 2012

For Depression "I started this medicine 7 days ago. I have anxiety and depression. I taken Prozac for almost 11 years and I really couldn't tell any difference this past year. So now I'm trying different medicines that might help me. So I have tried Celexa, Effexor and now Remeron. The first day was okay I felt really relaxed and hungry. Then after the 2nd day I started feeling really weird like my heart is jumping in my body moves with it also my dreams are very weird they are about me dreaming. It really scared me, so I quit taking it. "

beccabb December 25, 2011

For Insomnia "I have been taking Remeron for about two months now and it doesn't help me go to sleep but it does help me stay asleep. I have to literally force myself to get up in the morning. It does make me eat more though and that is the only side effect that I have noticed so far but overall its been working great."

Anonymous December 19, 2011

For Depression "The extreme sleepiness and lack of efficacy ceased like a light switch - suddenly, after a couple of weeks of sleepy torture that didn't help at all, it WORKED for my depression and the sleepiness was GONE. I woke up one morning to find I could breath without the feeling of having my lungs filled with tar (one symptom of my depression). I stayed on it for 2 years, and it alleviated my depression continuously while allowing me to feel like "myself." However, it did make me hungry and I gained about 15 lbs. Worth it. When life improved, I tapered off, and have been fine ever since. If you try it, give it a chance. My doctor said 60% of his patients report a "light switch" experience with it."

kargiver December 6, 2011

For Anxiety "For two years, I have had chronic nausea that starts about an hour after waking up and lasts through mid afternoon. It is so bad I usually have to skip lunch. For various reasons, I believed it was anxiety-related, and after some research, asked my doctor if I could try mirtazapine due to its anti-anxiety, antiemetic, and appetite-stimulating properties. I could not be happier! The nausea was better the first day after taking it, and within two or three days was totally gone. I finally have my appetite back, too. I don't know that I'd recommend this medicine to people who are overweight, but for those who can afford or even want to gain weight it can be a lifesaver!"

Anonymous November 23, 2011

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Insomnia "I love the Remeron."

Anonymous November 15, 2011

For Depression "I was given Remeron for depression, although my diagnosis remains mood disorder, I was given Abilify as well because I have some psychotic symptoms and bipolar runs in the family. Remeron does not help with my sleep which is disappointing. I still have trouble with my self-esteem but I have noticed improvements in my attitude. I can control anxiety much better and feel more relaxed going about my day. I have only been taking it for 3 weeks. I wish I felt better about myself but maybe medicines are not the help I need for that."

Anonymous October 28, 2011

For Insomnia "Woke up with very blurry vision for 3 hours....was scary! It made me sleep well, but the appetite increase was horrific. I literally thought about food the whole day. Did not take again. I have a spinal condition and could have easily put on 20lbs in a month on this, that is if I could find the fridge with my blurry vision. This is a common side effect with this medicine."

jamie5136 October 2, 2011

For Anxiety "I was suffering extreme anxiety, weight loss and insomnia due to a diagnosed medical condition. I tried several sleep aids and SSRIs. Nothing worked. Because of the weight loss I was prescribed Remeron. It was a Miracle for me! I slept through the night for the first time in months, relieved anxiety and I started gaining weight. Over time, my anxiety went away, but I stayed on because I loved having an appetite (I had no appetite for years). I guess I stayed on too long. After 6 years I decided I should get off. I was dependent. I suffered flu like symptoms for weeks--nausea, exhaustion, gastrointestinal upset, feeling like low-grade fever. I finally got rid of the nausea, but if I'm off for 2 weeks, the gastrointestinal upset creeps in. I now take 3.25mg 1X week."

Anonymous September 27, 2011