User Reviews for Remeron (Page 4)

Depression
7.4

Major Depressive Disorder
6.8

Summary of Remeron reviews 7.4 135 reviews

Reviews for Remeron

For Depression "I have been taking 3 mg 1/2 hour before bed for about a month. The first night I took it I woke up in the middle of the night incredibly thirsty, went to get a drink and lost all coordination. My husband found me whining on the floor, sweating profusely, burning with fever. He had to carry me to bed. By the time he decided to take me to the ER I was cool as a cucumber and sleeping like a baby. I decided to stick with it and try again. (no luck with SSRIs for relief from moderate/severe depression & anxiety and insomnia) I slept the entire next day, took the 30mg pill again and had no similar episode. Very gradually the sleepiness has waned along with symptoms. Am optimistic, though I do need to resist over eating, as have gained 5 lbs."

Betty gd (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2013

For Depression "I have been prescribed Remeron for about 8 months now and It is a miracle. it not only help me put on weight when I needed to because I have lost so much from all the anxiety it also gave me an amazing night sleep every night yeah it does give you some crazy dreams sometimes and you might gain a few pounds but your quality of life is so much better I was so happy the next day when I woke up I finally felt like I figured it out I say yes to the REMeron CYcle"

scarlett88 August 1, 2013

For Depression "Its helped me with sleep and a bit with my depression. Over the years they have upped my dose to 45 milligrams. It hasn't helped me a bit with my anxiety. Actually if you wake up at night your body is asleep and your mind is going. Which makes it hard to walk. This has just started happening to me, so I think I may need to increase to 60 milligrams. I believe 60 is the max. Wondering if I'm building up a tolerance to it. I have been taking this medication for 4 plus years. I was also told that it was an appetite stimulant and it didn't do anything for me there either. This medication did not mess with my head or make me feel groggy in the morning. I would give this medication a chance before all other antidepressants. "

debbie moats (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 25, 2013

For Depression "I have been on Remeron for a little over a year for depression, anxiety and insomnia. It has helped quite a bit in all areas. I have had a bit of weight gain (approx 10 lbs) but it is starting to come off slowly. It is a small price to pay for feeling all around better, especially being able to get a decent nights rest."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 24, 2013

For Depression "Only been taking Remeron for anxiety, for a week at 15mg. I forgot to take it at night, so my days were a type of groggy I've never experienced before. Strange but not unpleasant. It gives me tremors and cravings, but my anxiety just vanished. I lowered the dose to 7.5mg due to it being strong on the sedative side. I also have depression so I look forward to combating that, now that my anxiety is under control."

ceremebol (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2013

For Depression "I'm a 43 year old woman and I've been on 30mg Remeron for over 10 years now, it was prescribed for major depression and generalized anxiety disorder. I was NOT sleeping at all, when I first started taking it I was a walking zombi for about 2-3 months (got some much needed sleep) however after that it's like someone opened a window in a dark room. I was feeling 80% normal (prior to taking it I was in the negative) I'll take 80% any day. You should take it an hour or so before bed time because it has a huge sedative effect and take care in the beginning because its potent to begin with. It takes time for it to start really working so don't be put off by the zombi state, it does go away."

Gorillafuzz May 19, 2013

For Insomnia "I have been on Remeron for 3.5 years. I started out on 15 mg and now currently on 30mg. I have tried every sleep medication available. This is by far the best medication I have ever been on for sleep. Yes I get the ravenous hunger and it takes about 2 hours to make me sleepy. An hour after I take it is when the hunger kicks in and I eat for the entire day before bed. I have gained about 30 lbs over the time being on it, but it has now tapered off, I hope! However, for me, sleep is so important, so it's a matter of what's more important, the perfect body or being so tired and depressed due to lack of sleep. If you start watching what you eat prior to bed, which I do now and wish I knew or realized this early on, you can help keep the weight."

samahine (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 13, 2013

For Depression "I have ADHD, OCD, and depression. The moment I took this medication my intrusive thoughts from OCD went away. I am no longer depressed, even when life should be getting me down. Everything seems bearable. I just feel like things are okay, I can make it. I've never felt like this before, really. Most of the time I get overwhelmed with life but I think this medication has pulled me out of the dark hole I was in before. It does make me very hungry and sleepy, I take it in the evenings. It's hard to get up in the morning but coffee fixes that for me. I don't recommend this to someone who can not control their eating habits and gains weight easily."

Kimi B. February 17, 2013

For Depression "I started at Remeron 15mg per day. I started to feel somewhat better at two weeks. Went to 30mg at that point. At 30mg for one week or so, felt appreciably better. I've gained a few pounds (about 4) so that's not too bad. Did not help with sleep. Plagued by insomnia for 3-4 days after starting and/or changing dose. A bit of muddied thinking for a few days after changing dosage. I have severe MDD. I think Remeron will really help. Off to a good start. I especially appreciate the lack of sexual side effects."

ralphs123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 24, 2012

For Depression "Mirtazapine has helped me on more than one occasion. I've cycled through the gamut of antidepressants including but not limited to: Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, etc., but nothing really worked until Remeron. Thought I was okay to stop all medicines a year ago and did fine for awhile but now feeling awful again; depressed and underweight. Renewed my script today and taking my first dose of R.E.M.eron tonight. Bring on the munchies! I just love a donut."

mquincy89 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 19, 2012

For Depression "Took Remeron/mirtazapine few years ago for about one week & gained about 15 (unwanted pounds). I just ate and slept so I stopped after a week! Was taking it first thing in the morning at the time but this doc said take at night. I need the appetite stimulation now so I'm prescribed it again. Don't know if I could handle the ravenous, uncontrollable appetite it gives though and don't remember the effect on my depression as I was too consumed with eating. "

Anonymous December 16, 2012

"I was having a very hard time with the anxiety of thinking something was wrong with my heart (which turned out to be nothing), when I was put on Remeron. I had virtually stopped eating, and just felt very anxious and not myself. It helped a good bit with the anxiety, but it turbo charged my appetite. Would not recommend this to anyone who is overweight, but it's great for anxiety sufferers who lose their appetite when they get anxious. It does make you very sleepy the first week or so you take it, so I would take it before bed. I didn't notice any sexual side effects though, which was another big selling point. The sedation seems stronger at lower doses, and I had some bizarre dreams at lower doses as well."

Medical Tech (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 27, 2012

For Anxiety "Remeron worked for me for maybe a month or so, but I then began becoming very angry and full of rage for very little reason, if any! I had expressed my feelings with my Dr. and he said he was not really familiar with these side effects. After a few weeks, I realized I should google these feelings and wow. Exactly the same feelings I was going through. "

glad I'm off (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 16, 2012

For Depression "Remeron helped very much initially. After trying a host of other depression meds, this one seemed to work and had minimal side effects after the first week. However, at a low dose it stopped doing the job and have had to go up twice to the max dose of 45 mg. I no longer sleep well, and have had HUGE weight gain and ended up with diabetes. I plan to gradually wean myself off and treat the depression with natural means--exercise, diet, supplements."

freespirit-j (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 3, 2012

For Anxiety "Improved the physical and mental symptoms I had with anxiety/depression but in a reduced dose. More than 10 mg would keep me too drowsy and make me forgetful. I have been on it for 19 years and have tried to get off it several times but my physical symptoms (stomach cramping) return after a few days. The generic form was far less effective. Does cause constipation with me."

lolander (taken for 10 years or more) October 19, 2012

For Depression "I have been on Remeron for 3 years now and it's the best antidepressant I've ever been on. I have tried Prozac, Celexa, Wellbutrin, and Effexor. Remeron is the only one that made me happy to be alive. I did gain about 3 pounds but then was feeling so good I decided to become a vegan and improve my physical health, which before I could have cared less about. So now I've lost the pounds. Plus, a few pounds is definitely worth the improvement in mood and sleep. I have found it's really important how much I take and at what time. I did get restless leg syndrome which made it hard to sleep so I tried breaking up my 30 mg pill and taking 1/2 at 7:30 and 1/2 at 9:00 pm. That wasn't helping my mood/For best results, I take 30 mg at 6:00 pm and go to bed at 9:00."

Anonymous October 19, 2012

For Insomnia "Before taking Remeron I was on other strong medicines. The first night I slept better than in years. I feel like I could keep sleeping in the morning but am able to get up and feel refreshed. This medicine seems to be the thing I have needed where others have failed me miserably. The medicine takes effect fast and has little side effects so far. I hope others have the sames success I have had with Remeron."

sleepster (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2012

For Anxiety "For many years I've have been juggling medicines from Lexapro, Xanax, Zoloft, along with Lunesta for sleep. Had anxiety along with depression, couldn't sleep and was losing weight. 3 weeks ago my doctor prescribed Remeron to me and within a week I was like a new person. Depression and anxiety lessen and my sleep is great. This has been a miracle for me. Yes I am gaining weight but I needed to. My quality of life is so much better."

PeggyF. (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2012

For Insomnia "Most of us that have anxiety also have difficulty sleeping. They go together. I've tried a variety of antidepressants and nothing gets you to sleep like Remeron. It was so nice to get 8 hours of sleep at night. One sort of odd thing about Remeron is that the lower dosages (7.5 mg) makes you sleep more than the higher dosages. Anyway, my doctor now has me on Celexa and I'm back to having trouble with sleep. You will get the munchies with Remeron."

rodlang (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 13, 2012

For Depression "Great, SSRI's do next to nothing for me but this has helped a TON. I tried Zoloft, Paxil, Prozac, etc and they did very little for me but the week I started on Remeron 30mg I felt so much better, almost like myself again."

Anonymous August 2, 2012

"Remeron got rid of my depression, and my anxiety was a lot better. I also was able to get to sleep a lot easier. I did notice some weight gain though, but not a lot."

Anonymous August 2, 2012

For Depression "Only been on this for 3 days but don't think I can take this medicine anymore. Important note this was added to 50mg Zoloft. I have really bad depression and anxiety and fatigue in the mornings. First night I took Remeron hadn't slept in 20 hours, hadn't eaten for 8 hours, thought it would help me sleep. Wrong, couldn't lie still and massive erection for 2 hours, finally got up after 4 hrs tossing and turning ate something then was able to sleep. 2nd night I took with dinner had tacos I ate like 7 tacos, couldn't stop. Went to sleep 45 mins later even though I was not tired at all, woke up 12 hours later. Incredibly hard to get out of bed felt like I was hit by a train all day."

stavstav (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2012

For Anxiety "I've been on this medicine for about 2 years now. I started out on it for anxiety/depression at 15mg. It worked great for a while. My depression is gone but my anxiety still has its times where it is bad and uncontrollable. After about a year my dose was increased to 30mg for anxiety. It worked great again this time for a couple of months, but it still creeped back. After awhile I was seeing a new psychiatrist and she tried putting me on Fluvoximine to try getting me off of Remeron. I liked the feeling of the new medicine but I felt nausea and upset stomach for about a week and a half. So she put me back on Remeron 30mg but I only took 15mg and I felt better than before when I was on 30mg. In all, this medicine has worked great for me."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 24, 2012

For Anxiety "I was drinking heavy to combat anxiety for years. Remeron sorted me out. Still drank now and again but in general felt good about myself. I've tried lots of anti-anxiety medicines and this one is the best. Weight gain but makes me happy so a small price to pay. One last thing when on this I would look in the mirror and feel good about myself for the first time in years. Good medicine."

Anonymous July 12, 2012

For Anxiety "This has been a lifesaver for me for anxiety and insomnia. I was on Zoloft 75mg for the last 5 months and it was of little benefit. I've only been on 7.5 mg of Remeron for 7 days but the results have been great, (still also on 75mg of Zoloft). Remeron gives me a good 8-9 hours of sleep every day, a strong appetite (I lost 25 pounds in 5 months when I began to have these problems). My energy level is returning to normal. 90% of my anxiety is gone. It is nothing short of a miracle. Yes, I feel a bit groggy & dopey for an hour or two after I wake up but that is a small price to pay for me getting my life back."

feelingbetterinMI (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2012