User Reviews for Loratadine to treat Allergic Rhinitis

Also known as: Claritin, Alavert, Allergy Relief Tablets, Claritin Reditabs, Claritin 24 Hour Allergy, Wal-itin, Allergy Relief 24 Hour, Help I Have Allergies, ohm Allergy Relief, Children's Claritin Allergy, Children's Allergy Relief 24 Hour, Vicks QlearQuil All Day & All Night 24 Hour Allergy Relief, Clear-Atadine, Loratadine Reditab, Clear-Atadine Children's, Bactimicina Allergy, Tavist ND …show all brand names

Loratadine Rating Summary

5.4/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 349 medications used in the treatment of Allergic Rhinitis.

Reviews for Loratadine

Kids813 June 21, 2019

"I purchased Claritin NON DROWSY (yeah right) this morning. I took one at 10 am and within an hour my symptoms all stopped. I felt exhausted and spaced out and by 4 pm I started to feel like I was on speed and wired. I felt like I was in slow motion saying what the heck is going on with this? It’s nearly midnight as I’m typing this and feel tired but wired. I can’t wait till morning being it’s a 24 hour dose for this to leave my body but it did stop my coughing all day wheezing, sniffling and sneezing but these side effects are not worth it. Anyone have any recommendations for another allergy med as I cant take a decongestant due to the ingredient causing worse fatigue."

MJ · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2019

"Claritin Rapid Dissolve 1 tablet daily. Completely resolved sneezing, acute runny nose and watery eyes with no side effects. Benadryl didn’t touch them. Best second generation allergy medication I have ever tried."

sinochen · Taken for less than 1 month May 19, 2019

"loratadine is not effective for me for allergic rhinitis"

ollie April 12, 2019

"Loratidine does not work for my allergies. I switched from Zyrtec because it was cheaper. I wasted my money. I have had allergies all my life. My Doc recommended loratidine but Sudafed and Zyrtec work much better. If you are going to try it buy as little as possible to try it. Good luck"

AnnPnTN · Taken for less than 1 month March 21, 2019

"After a trip to the Urgent Care again, and a diagnosis of severe sinus infection, pressure in head, fluid around ear drum-almost an infection, excessive post nasal drip, and slightly asthmatic due to allergies! This is a repeat scenario and I have tried ceterizine, but it does not stop my severe post nasal drip at all. So the Doctor (who also has allergies and a wife with severe allergies) told me to take Claritan during the day and also prescribed Cephalexin, Steroids, and an inhaler. Well after praying and spending another 2 hours spitting due to post nasal drip, I took the Claratin/Loratadine. Wow it stopped my post nasal drip in only 20-30 minutes! *** My reactions were, sudden drowsiness even though it says non-drowsy, and before that a few heart palpitations. However it did work and nothing else has stopped my symptoms! I have indoor/outdoor allergies, numerous food and medicine sensitivities and allergies, and so on. * Tried the 10mg but plan to go to 5mg child dosage. :0)"

Allergicpepe · Taken for less than 1 month March 17, 2019

Claritin (loratadine): "Clarithin is effective and I have no noticeable side effects, it helps me to go thru the pollen season."

Mandy · Taken for less than 1 month March 14, 2019

Claritin (loratadine): "I was prescribed Claritin by my ENT. I was told to take it every morning, which I did, but after a few hours of taking it, I would get the worst neck pain/head aches. I also got joint pain in my knees. I looked up these two side effects and sure enough a good percent of female patients age 49+ reported these side effects. Seems more common in females. It did nothing whatsoever for my severe allergies and my Otis externa. I couldn't take the pain from this drug and stopped. Within 24 hours the painful aches went away."

Ryan · Taken for less than 1 month February 20, 2019

Claritin (loratadine): "Read some of the reviews, says it causes confusion, anxiety, depression. I took it for 2 days. 1st day I didn’t feel anything except my ears started ringing really bad. 2nd day I took it, it caused the worst confusion of my life. Going on the day after and I still feel like rubbish. Don’t take this drug."

Charley · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2019

Claritin (loratadine): "I have had postnasal drip and chronic cough especially in the winter for at least 10 years....scratchy throat, itchy ears, sore throat and burns at times facial pain, sneezing. I just got over what I thought was a sinus infection. I was still feeling bad so I was doing some reading and I read what clairtan can offer so I tried it. Within and hour or so my post nasal drip was a whole lot better and my cough along with it now I am on day 5 of taking clairtan...I feel like I could go out dancing I am sure it can only get better from here ...GOSH why didn't I try clairtan years ago ...."

Tmr · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 8, 2018

"Loratadine made my son suffer for several years. We had no idea this medication was making him sick. He had frequent tummy aches, motion sickness, vertigo, anxiety and vomiting."

Sam · Taken for less than 1 month September 9, 2018

Claritin (loratadine): "Absolutely no relief whatsoever from a severe allergy condition I had for one day a few weeks ago. Wrote to Bayer, they responded the next day with promises of a refund but nothing after initial first contact. Do not waste your money on this product, try something else."

Clanbrassil · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2018

"I'm not sure if people leaving positive reviews are serious when they say it takes a week for the product to work?? This is for people with hay fever and is meant to stop their symptoms. Why on Earth would someone suffer for an entire week waiting for a product to work? That is absolutely outrageous. Luckily there are plenty of products that work within minutes and can actually give relief! For me this provided no relief whatsoever would recommend Claritin or citrine."

Liberty April 15, 2018

Claritin 24 Hour Allergy (loratadine): "Worse over the counter supposed Allergy medication I have ever used. I wouldn't waste another dollar on this med. I spent $ 24.00 dollars for absolutely nothing. Please folks what ever you do do not purchase this product. I have suffered for 2 days now sneezing, coughing, eyes watering and feel like I have been beaten all over with a stick. I took the recommended dosage the fist day, no results and the second day with the same results. I rate this med below a star."

Achy · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 24, 2018

"When my allergies kick in, I feel them in an achy or itchy ear. Loratidine works for me. The ear pain goes away. Also, I think it helps with my nerve pain."

AllergyJill · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 2, 2018

Claritin (loratadine): "Works wonderfully for both 16 yo and myself for allergy to our new Pug. No sneezing, no watery eyes. Expensive at $18 for a 24 pack so tried equate Walmart generic which didn’t work at all."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 2, 2017

"I love this! I have dust and pollen allergies and was treated for many allergy related sinus infections. I have horrible post nasal drip, itchy eyes, and stuff nose. Loratadine works for all of this. It didn't kick in until day 4 but after that the results were wonderful. Absolutely no side effects."

Kimberly Daye September 15, 2017

Claritin (loratadine): "Horrible product, barely works. Been sneezing with a runny nose all day."

Dinodagino July 27, 2017

Claritin (loratadine): "I have chronic allergies (undiagnosed). I suffer from dry , red, stinging eyes and a nose that gets stuffy even with turbinate reduction surgery as well as general fatigue and low energy. Claritin helped me feel functional again and I can look people in the eye when I talk to them. Nose it a lot more clear. It is VERY important to take it for a week before it provides full relief. This did not start working for me till day 4 and now I feel great , perhaps the best ever. I am giving it an 8 because it causes me dry mouth and my sleep is not the greatest. The point of this review is not to fully trust all the negative reviews. Try it for yourself every day for one , maybe even 2 weeks and see how it affects you. Best of luck."

Dozerfan · Taken for less than 1 month May 29, 2017

"I had swollen legs and feet from what I've since discovered was a histamine reaction due to eating two foods that are high in histamine. Dark chocolate and almonds. It was suggested I take Benadryl as this helps many people with this type of reaction. I tried Benadryl first and didn't have any lessening of the swelling. The next day I tried Claritin 24 hour and within hours the swelling was gone. If you have trouble with edema when having a histamine reaction you may want to give this a try. I should note that I have no other allergy symptoms at all. Only edema. Something to do with how my Mast Cells don't work they way they should."

Tlo2407!sacramento May 19, 2017

Claritin (loratadine): "It takes hours and hours to kick in. I even took 2 to speed up my relief and 3 hours later I'm still suffering. Zyrtec works within 30 min and lasts 24 hours. I will never take claritin again when I need immediate relief."

Sunnyismyangel March 31, 2017

Claritin (loratadine): "It was effective for my allergies, however it caused many side effects that are listed nowhere! Depression, anxiety, confusion and sleepiness that was so pronounced I had to pull over while driving. This was the Nondrowsy formula. There are 11 other people who had similar reactions in the support in drugs.com group, under the drug name. I'll deal with my allergies rather than end up in the psych ward."

Alexis22 November 14, 2016

"This is the only medicine that works for my nasal drip, I have yet to find anything better!!!"

Gizzy123 September 27, 2016

"The only thing this did for me was waste my money! It wasn't covered by my insurance, so I purchased it at the pharmacy. I couldn't sleep, I got the shakes, felt nervous and dizzy."

Dunkelson July 21, 2016

"I'd say Tic Tacs are more helpful."

eaten up to three at one time June 21, 2016

Claritin (loratadine): "Feel like i have been ripped off. Does nothing for me"

Learn more about Allergic Rhinitis

Symptom checker

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)