User Reviews for Loperamide

Also known as: Imodium, Anti-Diarrheal, Imodium A-D, Kaopectate II, Neo-Diaral, Diar-Aid Diamode Up and Up Anti-Diarrheal Solution A-D Anti-Diarrheal

Diarrhea 7.9
Diarrhea, Acute 8.8
Diarrhea, Chronic 8.7
Traveler's Diarrhea 8.0
Summary of Loperamide reviews 8.3 60 reviews

Reviews for Loperamide

nt77 May 13, 2020

Imodium A-D (loperamide) for Diarrhea, Chronic: “I have crohns and so have chronic diarrhea I used to be able to afford this med. Now, it is impossible. As for packaging... it is always important to make the product so hard to get out of the packaging I end up tossing it anyway because so many pills have been damaged just trying to get them out of the packaging. So, I spend 20 minutes cutting them out and putting them into an old bottle to make them easier to access. So tired of being treated like crud because I need the meds others abuse. On top of that I can't buy online anymore. I am not able to get out most days due to my condition. I used to be able to have it sent to the house, now even that is impossible.”

Capn John · Taken for 10 years or more April 27, 2020

For Diarrhea, Chronic: “I have had chronic diarrhea for over ten years, reasonably controlled by two 2mg tablets. Have tried many things to control it- different meds (forget what, but they did not work). Tried probiotics but they made it worse. Took myself off loperamide- nothing happened for 8 days, then it came back big-time. Sought medical help. I have a wonderful doctor but this seems to be the kind of thing that one has to mostly work out by oneself. Am reading the book "The Happy Gut". Helping but it's hard to implement their approach entirely. Have learned that breads with white flower are a problem. Scrambled eggs, unless cooked quite hard, are bad. Oranges, which I love, are not good. Lithuanian rye bread is good. Still learning. Have resisted upping the dose to three/day but will also try that next.”

Dez February 23, 2020

Imodium A-D (loperamide) for Diarrhea: “If Imodium doesn’t work for you then you might have Bile Acid Diarrhea BAM So you need Cholestrymine. It’s horrible first month makes thing worse then bam your all good. As far as Imodium you have to take two and then after the next poop take another one and this will completely stop you up.”

Daffodil · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 23, 2020

Imodium (loperamide) for Diarrhea, Acute: “I get diarrhoea because of anxiety , usually when I go out. I always have to know where WCs are. So I only go out about once a week. Immodium has never made any difference. I still try it about once every few weeks, but it never works!”

Very Pleased December 8, 2019

Imodium A-D (loperamide) for Traveler's Diarrhea: “I just got back from Mexico 12/07/19 and would not have been able to board the plane if it were not for Imodium A-D. It absolutely saved my ass! I do not understand these complaints about packaging though it's quite simple, peel back paper cover and pop the thing through. The packaging matters very little to me considering I would still be in Mexico if it were not for this medication. THANK YOU!!! from the bottom of my bowels.”

Jade · Taken for less than 1 month September 6, 2019

Imodium (loperamide) for Diarrhea: “I have really bad anxiety and it comes with diarrhea everytime!!! So as soon as I heard of this I immediately went to the store and bought it!! It works miracles and now a little less anxious about having an accident in public.”

Eleane August 8, 2019

Imodium (loperamide) for Diarrhea, Chronic: “Me and my sister both have on going diarrhea. Every. Single. Day. 1-2 times a day for me but more for her. All females in our family have it. It’s our family curse. But we took 2 of these pills for only TWO days and we didn’t have any intestinal activity for the next FIVE days. From taking TWO tablets for TWO days (so we took ONLY 4 mg each day, once a day, for only two days) So we took that tiny, small amount and didn’t have even a slight cramp, not even a bubble in our intestine, nothing. for five days. This never ever happens and we both were somewhat constipated still even on day 5. Idk how anyone is saying it didn’t work. It definitely worked for us at least.”

Sinaj · Taken for 10 years or more August 6, 2019

Anti-Diarrheal (loperamide) for Diarrhea, Chronic: “Effective, but ANTICHOLINERGIC....linked to dementia ”

Johno July 24, 2019

Imodium (loperamide) for Diarrhea: “Took 8 tablets on day one and still have diarrhea. Still got it.”

siswollan · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 16, 2019

For Diarrhea, Chronic: “I have Crohn's disease, and I take loperamide during flares so I don't have to be on the toilet all the time. It doesn't get rid of the other stuff like cramps, nausea, weight loss, or fatigue, but it does something for my diarrhea. It made my flares easier to manage at school and work, as I don't have to be racing to the bathroom all the time, then having to leave early as a result of my sickness. However, I had to rate it less than a 10 as it doesn't always work. The problem is I have malabsorption due to small intestinal inflammation, so sometimes the medicine might not work. Roughage will make it not work either. So, I can't just eat whatever I want while taking this. I still have to eat a bland low-roughage/residue diet.”

BINGO43 · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 11, 2019

Imodium (loperamide) for Diarrhea, Acute: “After 5 years of stomach cramps and less than 1 minute of warning, I finally gave up on my PCP and started doing my own dietary analyzations. My daughter worked at a fantastic bakery, she would bring home the "day old" breads and bagels that didn't sell. Long story short; I overdosed on the best of the best at every meal and snack time. The culprit was GLUTEN, some days I was fine then all of a sudden 2 weeks worth of cramps and runs. Then I gave up on bread, pizza and pasta, which is a terrible thing for an Italian raised on the best foods. Breaded anything I now try to avoid, chicken, fish, fast foods. When the runs and cramps go away for weeks, I can risk a slice of pizza IF I take a Gluten enzyme pill 20 minutes before I eat. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't then out comes the Imodium, 3 before bed and 2 in the AM. In a day or so it's calmed down my IBS from whatever it caused it..”

Nurse Bishop · Taken for 10 years or more May 7, 2019

For Diarrhea, Acute: “Nurses love this stuff. You have a miserable patient with liquid stool and the doctor prescribes Imodium because it is OK according to the cause of the diarrhea. And with the first first 4 mg dose then 2 mg with every subsequent diarrhea stool the patient is relieved. Personally, I have direct experience with it myself. It really works, slows gastric motility down enough for your body to absorb the liquid it needs instead of pooping it out.”

Bigdog April 28, 2019

For Diarrhea: “The old formula worked great. I could always count on it to stop any diarrhea by the second dose. The new formula doesn't work at all. I've tried it many times. I've even tried using more than recommended, but to no avail. It's a waste of money.”

ks1313 · Taken for less than 1 month February 12, 2019

Imodium (loperamide) for Diarrhea: “Made my symptoms much worse. Every time I took it I'd get diarrhea immediately after. Sometimes it would clear up afterwards, sometimes it wouldn't. I took it before bed and it gave me loose stool in my sleep (after I had already gone multiple times after taking it).”

CaptainCoolios · Taken for less than 1 month January 6, 2019

For Diarrhea, Acute: “I'm lactose intolerant but I really love cheese. I traveled to Paris recently, where I knew I'd be eating a whole lot of cheese. I took this at the start of my trip and I was in heaven. I could eat whatever I wanted, no diarrhea! This stuff is amazing!”

poopiii · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 2, 2019

For Diarrhea: “it helped but my tummys so sore now :-(maybe... in the morning I will feel good!!! ^.^”

Oblong · Taken for less than 1 month September 4, 2018

Imodium (loperamide) for Diarrhea, Chronic: “I have IBS and had a bad flare up. 4 weeks of tests and constant diarrhea, they finally confirmed there was no infection so allowed me to take Immodium. I chose the plus comfort as I also have stomach pains. Followed instructions and took 2, I don't mean to be crude, but I am elated to say that the next day I managed a normal BM for the first time in a month! Not noticed any help with the stomach pains/bloating but has definitely helped the flare up!”

BillB · Taken for less than 1 month August 12, 2018

Imodium A-D (loperamide) for Diarrhea, Acute: “PERFECT -- it always works when I need it.”

John W the Brit January 15, 2018

Imodium (loperamide) for Diarrhea, Chronic: “I felt better about 3 hours after taking 2 tablets. Still have a slight problem though but will be taking one more twice a day and I expect to feel much better then.”

LM921 · Taken for 10 years or more November 9, 2017

For Diarrhea, Chronic: “I have IBS but no health insurance and can't afford expensive treatments and prescription medications. My wonderful doctor recommended a "maintenance" regimen of 2 loperamide daily to control the chronic diarrhea that was greatly affecting my life. Between this and watching my diet, sticking mainly to non-dairy, sugar free and gluten free foods, I've been able to live a mostly normal life with very few flare ups. I highly recommend.”

Nessaa · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 7, 2017

Imodium (loperamide) for Diarrhea, Chronic: “I have IBS plus I'm lactose intolerant and have struggled with this for 5 years now so far and for 3 years I was unable to enjoy a meal because as soon as I ate, I was in the bathroom. When I take imodium now for the past 2 years, I can actually eat meals and it wont bother my stomach. I feel normal and go to the bathroom normally but if I miss a day and don't take the pills, I am back to going to the bathroom after every meal. Imodium has really helped me. Especially when it triggers in the morning, so it helps me to be able to go to work at 5am. There are somedays I didn't have pills and could not go into work because I could not stop using the bathroom. I love imodium!”

poobelly · Taken for less than 1 month April 5, 2017

Imodium (loperamide) for Diarrhea, Acute: “Acute diarrhea .Was told by the pharmacist I could safely take Immodium while on (blood thinner) Eliquis. I had acute diarrhea and my stools were looking like there was blood in it. Very scary. Followed directions 100% and after 2 doses was so much better. Even got to sleep some. Felt like a miracle in an OTC product. Thank you so much. Symptoms disappeared after 2 doses. No bloody stools no pain.100% better Complaint : opening packaging lost three pills somewhere in the carpet. Fourth pill I accidently broke open while in my mouth. Immediately began vomiting. Until there was no more fluid left. GREAT PRODUCT EFFECTIVE ALMOST IMMEDIATELY. No consequences regarding blood thinners. Again,thank you.”

SurBig January 16, 2017

Imodium (loperamide) for Diarrhea, Chronic: “I had 18" of my large intestines removed a year ago. I still had Diarrhea bad. I took Imodium and was so happy I feel normal. Something I can't drink is Beer. )-: That is ok with me. I only take it every other day. I am a happy camper.”

boditty October 6, 2016

Imodium A-D (loperamide) for Diarrhea, Chronic: “I have been taking a 2 mg tablet every morning for 14 years!! I have rare dizziness. also my blood pressure has lowered somewhat. from 120/80 to 100/60.”

Back door trotter · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 2, 2016

For Diarrhea, Chronic: “I was prescribed Loperamide following surgery for cancer of the bowel. It has been a life saver as I no longer need to be consistently near a commode or rest room.I now have formed stool once or twice a day but with plenty of warning before the big boom !”