User Reviews for Latanoprost

Also known as: Xalatan

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Latanoprost.

Intraocular Hypertension
8.8

Glaucoma, Open Angle
5.6

Summary of Latanoprost reviews 7.2 16 reviews

Reviews for Latanoprost

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: "After using for one month noticed cloudy vision, runny nose, sore throat, joint pain and general fatigue. Finally realized all these side effects were from the drops and stopped using them. All above mentioned side effects began to abate after 48 hours. This stuff is poison. People don’t usually think that eye drops affects anything other than eyes. They are wrong. Very wrong."

Gorby (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xalatan (latanoprost) for Intraocular Hypertension: "Originally diagnosed with Glaucoma, had laser eye surgery but over the years eye pressures increased and prescribed Xalatan Latanoprost no significant problems. But when chemist swapped for a generic make 2 years ago I had problems feeling queasy, palpitations, waterworks weakness, generally not feeling well. Changed prescription immediately, back to Xalatan, no problem. This happened again yesterday, given generic Latanoprost and thought I would give it a further try, big mistake, terrible nights sleep and will be going back to pharmacist immediately for change back to Xalatan! But if I had a choice I would not take any of these drugs, all very powerful."

WhitbyKen February 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: "Does this medication cause cow licks in the hair around your face? Both my hairdressor and I have noted this."

annette barton December 1, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: "I have been taking this eye drop for 5-6 years. When it went generic it was ok for the first few years. My pharmacist gets different generic brands-seems some brands are different than others-some burn the crap out of my eyes-One thing I will say about this drug-I have had a sore throat for the last 3 years-I continually sneeze-a lot of sinus problems- stuffy nose-sometimes even drips water like drippings when I bend over. I hate this. I have asked my eye dr. & he says-well-it should not cause a sore throat-hello -it most certainly does. I think it even causes blurred vision. I don't like these eye drops-but I don't want to go blind."

Macie1278 October 25, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xalatan (latanoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: "Very quick response to lowering eye pressure from 30 to 21 in 3 weeks. No side effects at all."

Tiggi (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 24, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xalatan (latanoprost) for Intraocular Hypertension: "I'm absolutely content with this drug. Originally my doctor prescribed me latanoprost and i've been sick quickly. I had a severe sore throat and my eyes were strongly red all the time after just 10-12 days of using it. Than I came back and I told about all side effects. After that conversation my doctor prescribed me Xalatan and I am really content now! It's my third week of using it and i don't have any side effects. No sore throat, no headache, no weakness, no muscle pain, no redness. My eyes were just a little bit red at the beggining but now they are all ok."

patrico123 September 16, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: "Second time on this eye drop. First time for a few days. I stopped taking because it made me feel physically sick. Second time I gave it a go for almost 3 weeks, i got so sick i went to the Dr with flu like symptoms, waking up with phlegm in my throat, joint pain, extreme sweating and the feeling like I'm about to faint. OMG.. it really scared me. so i stopped it and now I'm back to normal, still have eye problems but that is 100% better than the solutions, which is taking that eye drops. It is very dangerous."

chancesare August 28, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: "Very effective at first, but I maybe coming off this and going onto something else. It seems my eyes have a mind of their own and outfox the medications and I cycle through different meds to reduce eye pressure. It feels like I have an object in my eye sometimes after putting the drops in. Passes soon enough."

JPWhiteHome (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 24, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: "After taking a week of drops, experienced joint and muscle pain. At two weeks, chest pains sent me to the hospital. They kept me for two days until pain subsided and extensive tests were done and it was determined I did not have any blockages. I will not take it again."

lyrs (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: "I am in my 30s and I have glaucoma, with very high eye pressure. My doctor considered surgery, but decided to try latanoprost first. I am so glad he did because these drops work very well to lower my eye pressure. They don't make my eyes burn, like some of the other drops that my doctor used to prescribe. Also, they keep my eyes from being red in the morning and they keep me from getting pressure headaches. The primary negative is that I will have to use them for the rest of my life."

Drops A. Lot (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 13, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xalatan (latanoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: "After 4-5 months on the med, I am having problem of discomfort in one eye. Feels like foreign body. Cannot use latanoprost two days straight as left eye feels like I have something in it. I am seeing doctor tomorrow. Hope he can fix the problem."

shiney bill June 19, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xalatan (latanoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: "I have been on this medication for over 5 years with no side effects and it has lowered my eye pressure. I rate this medication more favorably than Betoptic which I was previously on which was less effective and always left a stain on my face/eye area after it dried."

Anonymous June 1, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xalatan (latanoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: "So far, so good. It has decreased the pressure. No negative issues, I actually like the way it feels on the eyes."

Anonymous January 31, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Intraocular Hypertension: "It does make your eyelashes grow, but mine started growing on the inner corners of my eye and under my eye! I got the sensation of something in my eye (usually it was the overabundance of lashes). My eyes got dry and the drops sting."

connie1118 October 27, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xalatan (latanoprost) for Intraocular Hypertension: "I'm doing just fine, but then again I have a high tolerance for most things. Also, would much rather have a little burning than blindness."

Anonymous September 9, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xalatan (latanoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: "I seem to be having a lot of irritation and eyes are watering constantly, also very blood shot. Hope this all passes."

Anonymous July 24, 2009