User Reviews for Latanoprost ophthalmic

Glaucoma, Open Angle
5.4

Summary of Latanoprost reviews 5.9 21 reviews

Reviews for Latanoprost

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: "No 2 generics are alike. I was on the Sandoz/CibaVision brand for 8 months. No side effects. Felt fine. My pharmacy changed the brand to Rising Pharm. Within 4 weeks, I realized this drug was making me physically ill. Fatigue, joint pain, nausea, headaches, pressure behind my eyes, sinus problems, anxiety, blurred vision, dry eye. Everything on the list of side effects. I stopped taking the drops & within days the side effects greatly subsided. A medication should not do this to a person just because it's from a different pharmaceutical company. FDA should track this information. Anyway, my doctor took my off these eye drops. Considering Selective laser trabeculoplasty (SLT)."

Annie Mouse (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 12, 2018

For Intraocular Hypertension: "New bottles of latanopropst 0.005% coming from Rising pharma leak from 2 places. Humana pharmacist actually told me instructions are merely tap the bottom of the bottle. So I said, okay; one hand to hold your eyelid, one hand to hold the bottle, where can I get hand #3? I think it is a defective bottle design or manufacturing problem. It is also the only brand that Humana pharmacy uses for home delivery."

MEH (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 14, 2018

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: "Pretty shocking medication. I ended up with early stage psychosis from taking this medication. I was fine on it for three months then became paranoid and highly suspicious of people to the point I started investigating people I worked with then approx 4 days later I went lost complete reality. I was begging for the hospital to section me. Within a week of coming off of this drug I was fine . I am writing this review not to tell you not to take this drug as I was fine on it for several months. I am just saying watch out for the signs and have a backup plan as far as medication goes. I actually lost a week of my life on this medication I became nearly completely unaware of my surroundings or what I was saying."

Wonderful454 April 13, 2018

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: "I been using Latanoprost for about 18 months now and I am perfectly fine with the medication, no side effects. I will be taking Latanoprost for the rest of my life."

Herb (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 15, 2018

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: "My ophthalmologist started me on this. I just saw him again yesterday and confessed that I have not been putting the drops in every night. He told me that getting glaucoma would be worse. I got a new refill since the latanoprost is not stable."

jerryinnh (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2017

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: "After using for one month noticed cloudy vision, runny nose, sore throat, joint pain and general fatigue. Finally realized all these side effects were from the drops and stopped using them. All above mentioned side effects began to abate after 48 hours. This stuff is poison. People don’t usually think that eye drops affects anything other than eyes. They are wrong. Very wrong."

Gorby (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2017

Xalatan (latanoprost) for Intraocular Hypertension: "Originally diagnosed with Glaucoma, had laser eye surgery but over the years eye pressures increased and prescribed Xalatan Latanoprost no significant problems. But when chemist swapped for a generic make 2 years ago I had problems feeling queasy, palpitations, waterworks weakness, generally not feeling well. Changed prescription immediately, back to Xalatan, no problem. This happened again yesterday, given generic Latanoprost and thought I would give it a further try, big mistake, terrible nights sleep and will be going back to pharmacist immediately for change back to Xalatan! But if I had a choice I would not take any of these drugs, all very powerful."

WhitbyKen February 25, 2017

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: "Does this medication cause cow licks in the hair around your face? Both my hairdressor and I have noted this."

annette barton December 1, 2016

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: "I have been taking this eye drop for 5-6 years. When it went generic it was ok for the first few years. My pharmacist gets different generic brands-seems some brands are different than others-some burn the crap out of my eyes-One thing I will say about this drug-I have had a sore throat for the last 3 years-I continually sneeze-a lot of sinus problems- stuffy nose-sometimes even drips water like drippings when I bend over. I hate this. I have asked my eye dr. & he says-well-it should not cause a sore throat-hello -it most certainly does. I think it even causes blurred vision. I don't like these eye drops-but I don't want to go blind."

Macie1278 October 25, 2016

Xalatan (latanoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: "Very quick response to lowering eye pressure from 30 to 21 in 3 weeks. No side effects at all."

Tiggi (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 24, 2016

Xalatan (latanoprost) for Intraocular Hypertension: "I'm absolutely content with this drug. Originally my doctor prescribed me latanoprost and i've been sick quickly. I had a severe sore throat and my eyes were strongly red all the time after just 10-12 days of using it. Than I came back and I told about all side effects. After that conversation my doctor prescribed me Xalatan and I am really content now! It's my third week of using it and i don't have any side effects. No sore throat, no headache, no weakness, no muscle pain, no redness. My eyes were just a little bit red at the beggining but now they are all ok."

patrico123 September 16, 2016

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: "Second time on this eye drop. First time for a few days. I stopped taking because it made me feel physically sick. Second time I gave it a go for almost 3 weeks, i got so sick i went to the Dr with flu like symptoms, waking up with phlegm in my throat, joint pain, extreme sweating and the feeling like I'm about to faint. OMG.. it really scared me. so i stopped it and now I'm back to normal, still have eye problems but that is 100% better than the solutions, which is taking that eye drops. It is very dangerous."

chancesare August 28, 2016

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: "Very effective at first, but I maybe coming off this and going onto something else. It seems my eyes have a mind of their own and outfox the medications and I cycle through different meds to reduce eye pressure. It feels like I have an object in my eye sometimes after putting the drops in. Passes soon enough."

JPWhiteHome (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 24, 2016

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: "After taking a week of drops, experienced joint and muscle pain. At two weeks, chest pains sent me to the hospital. They kept me for two days until pain subsided and extensive tests were done and it was determined I did not have any blockages. I will not take it again."

lyrs (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2016

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: "I am in my 30s and I have glaucoma, with very high eye pressure. My doctor considered surgery, but decided to try latanoprost first. I am so glad he did because these drops work very well to lower my eye pressure. They don't make my eyes burn, like some of the other drops that my doctor used to prescribe. Also, they keep my eyes from being red in the morning and they keep me from getting pressure headaches. The primary negative is that I will have to use them for the rest of my life."

Drops A. Lot (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 13, 2016

Xalatan (latanoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: "After 4-5 months on the med, I am having problem of discomfort in one eye. Feels like foreign body. Cannot use latanoprost two days straight as left eye feels like I have something in it. I am seeing doctor tomorrow. Hope he can fix the problem."

shiney bill June 19, 2013

Xalatan (latanoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: "I have been on this medication for over 5 years with no side effects and it has lowered my eye pressure. I rate this medication more favorably than Betoptic which I was previously on which was less effective and always left a stain on my face/eye area after it dried."

Anonymous June 1, 2011

Xalatan (latanoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: "So far, so good. It has decreased the pressure. No negative issues, I actually like the way it feels on the eyes."

Anonymous January 31, 2011

For Intraocular Hypertension: "It does make your eyelashes grow, but mine started growing on the inner corners of my eye and under my eye! I got the sensation of something in my eye (usually it was the overabundance of lashes). My eyes got dry and the drops sting."

connie1118 October 27, 2010

Xalatan (latanoprost) for Intraocular Hypertension: "I'm doing just fine, but then again I have a high tolerance for most things. Also, would much rather have a little burning than blindness."

Anonymous September 9, 2009

Xalatan (latanoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: "I seem to be having a lot of irritation and eyes are watering constantly, also very blood shot. Hope this all passes."

Anonymous July 24, 2009