User Reviews for Xalatan

7.3
Intraocular Hypertension
9.3

msanford05 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 18, 2021

For Intraocular Hypertension: “Works well so far, doesn't sting too much. Pretty expensive though”

Bc · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2021

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: “This is better than LUMIGAN. LUMIGAN gave me flu like joint symptoms. Have stinging pain but tolerable. At least Xalatan doesn’t have flu like pains. Though by 5:30pm each day, my eyes and eye areas are super burning. Had to use aloe Vera sunburnt creams and cucumber (it was either that or a packet of frozen peas on my face) FYI laser didn’t change my pressure turns out it only works 80 per cent of people. Re xalatan, I’m not sure I can tolerate this extreme sunburnt for that long”

oksana · Taken for less than 1 month March 3, 2020

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: “gives me a very red eye as well tried latanoprost this one makes my eye very dry , I never had any issues with dry eye before while using any other eye drops.”

WhitbyKen February 25, 2017

For Intraocular Hypertension: “Originally diagnosed with Glaucoma, had laser eye surgery but over the years eye pressures increased and prescribed Xalatan Latanoprost no significant problems. But when chemist swapped for a generic make 2 years ago I had problems feeling queasy, palpitations, waterworks weakness, generally not feeling well. Changed prescription immediately, back to Xalatan, no problem. This happened again yesterday, given generic Latanoprost and thought I would give it a further try, big mistake, terrible nights sleep and will be going back to pharmacist immediately for change back to Xalatan! But if I had a choice I would not take any of these drugs, all very powerful.”

Anonymous June 1, 2011

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: “I have been on this medication for over 5 years with no side effects and it has lowered my eye pressure. I rate this medication more favorably than Betoptic which I was previously on which was less effective and always left a stain on my face/eye area after it dried.”

shiney bill June 19, 2013

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: “After 4-5 months on the med, I am having problem of discomfort in one eye. Feels like foreign body. Cannot use latanoprost two days straight as left eye feels like I have something in it. I am seeing doctor tomorrow. Hope he can fix the problem.”

patrico123 September 16, 2016

For Intraocular Hypertension: “I'm absolutely content with this drug. Originally my doctor prescribed me latanoprost and i've been sick quickly. I had a severe sore throat and my eyes were strongly red all the time after just 10-12 days of using it. Than I came back and I told about all side effects. After that conversation my doctor prescribed me Xalatan and I am really content now! It's my third week of using it and i don't have any side effects. No sore throat, no headache, no weakness, no muscle pain, no redness. My eyes were just a little bit red at the beggining but now they are all ok.”

Anonymous July 24, 2009

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: “I seem to be having a lot of irritation and eyes are watering constantly, also very blood shot. Hope this all passes.”

Anonymous January 31, 2011

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: “So far, so good. It has decreased the pressure. No negative issues, I actually like the way it feels on the eyes.”

Anonymous September 9, 2009

For Intraocular Hypertension: “I'm doing just fine, but then again I have a high tolerance for most things. Also, would much rather have a little burning than blindness.”

Tiggi · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 24, 2016

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: “Very quick response to lowering eye pressure from 30 to 21 in 3 weeks. No side effects at all.”