User Reviews for Lumigan

Intraocular Hypertension 6.0
Glaucoma, Open Angle 4.5

Reviews for Lumigan

Anonymous April 23, 2020

For Intraocular Hypertension: “Lowered my ocular pressure but my vision got worse.”

Nickname April 21, 2020

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: “My experience with this was awful, shortness of breath. Itchy dry eyes. I was getting panic attacks and was super depressed. My arms tingled and felt heavy. Super nauseated. Headaches and stiffed neck. The worst medicine ever. Long lashes are not worth feeling so horrible.”

AmamaD · Taken for 10 years or more November 3, 2019

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: “I've been using Lumigan drops for glaucoma for 10 or more years. I have all the bad side effects I've read about here. Including others like skin growths, new allergies, hearing loss, aches and dizziness. I am changing to a different drop to see if I can recover from some of the problems. Also, resent Allergan for raising the price out the roof and cancelling patient assistance programs! GREED”

Unhappy bloke August 13, 2019

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: “I have had a horrendous time on this medication. Depression chronic really dark thoughts, and nightmares that the devil would be scared of and breathing problems. My surgeon who operated on my eyes and later diagnosed me with glaucoma said some bizarre side affects can happen so was willing to risk surgery on both my eyes but then retired my new doctor said its all in my mind. Heres some tips: close your eyes after you administer don't open for approx 5 mins, push a finger against your tear duct to stop the lumigan draining and having a systemic effect. I have tried all the meds this is the best of a bad bunch for me. I am coping better than I was at I take it at 6:30pm not before bed due to satanic nightmares and no sleep.”

Sami July 4, 2019

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: “Lumigan is a disaster. Big damage to my eyes. Stopped after 4 days. Keep away.”

Sam · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 23, 2019

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: “After about 6 months on Lumigan I started experiencing problems breathing, gasping at night in bed for air, wheezing, shortness of breathe, upper respiratory infections, stopped taking! Lumigan did not decrease eye pressure then I read that 20% of people taking drops for glaucoma go blind anyway - then you see one of its side effects is blindness....how do they get these drugs approved!”

Fed up · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 8, 2018

For Intraocular Hypertension: “My side effects are depression, anxiety, pains in neck and shoulders, general aches and pains, headaches and nausea on waking. I did not put any of these symptoms down to the eye drops until very recently and looking back they all started not long after starting the drops. I feel terrible and will have to change to an alternative asap.”

Disappointed · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 16, 2018

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: “My side effects- depression, anxiety, painful neck & shoulders. Finding it very difficult to drive at night and have no energy. Severe chest pain. Found it very hard to describe how I was feeling to anybody. Initially DEFINITELY did not put my condition down to taking eye drops. I was told there would be some changes in my eye colouring & eyelashes but absolutely NONE of the other side effects I was experiencing. STOPPED USING LUMIGAN. Still having a few long term side effects but I am at least coherent. Not good. I have read it has now been banned for use in the UK. Going to another specialist ASAP.”

Michael · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 25, 2018

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: “I'm 84, if that matters. About a year ago I experienced a sudden (over 6 months) simultaneous increase in intraocular pressure from about 18 to 31. Started using Lumigan 0.01% one drop daily at night. IOC pressure dropped to 16-18 and has stayed in that range. No side effects or discomfort.”

jnt jr October 1, 2017

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: “This is a very expensive eye drop and the company only puts enough in the bottle to get exactly 28 to 30 days. You can easily run out early. I'm sure it wouldn't bankrupt the company to put enough to get a full month out of it. Greedy I guess. I told my doctor to prescribe a different eye drop. I'm happy now.”

This is Kris · Taken for 10 years or more March 24, 2017

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: “I've been using Lumigan for about 12 years. Of all the different drops out there (and I've tried them all), Lumigan is the most effective at reducing my IOP. I also currently use Alphagan and Timoptic. Side effects, for me, include some redness and dryness of the eyes, darkening of the skin around the eyes, and longer eyelashes. My eyes were quite dark to begin with so I can't comment on the darkening of the iris Lumigan and other drops in its class are known for.”

Maria Julie D October 25, 2015

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: “Had severe shortness of breath, weakness, tiredness, loss of voice. Would never recommend this product! I was in and out of hospitals for months.”

Thomas Flaherty · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 17, 2015

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: “my eye had a 34 IOP, yesterday's it was at 16 so Lumigan has been very effective. I apply my drops in the morning which is not the normal but work for my life schedule. My doctor doesn't approve but can't give me a good reason why it should be applied before bedtime, as it's obviously working well. my ask: it would be nice to have a view window on the bottle as it's very difficult to know how much remains.”

enriquecgavilan July 29, 2013

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: “Severe pigmentation on the lower eyelids. ”

dibupp October 13, 2011

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: “After trying just about all the drops out there, this was the one that really worked in lowering the pressure in my eye without any bad side effects.”

Anonymous April 4, 2010

For Intraocular Hypertension: “Is it just coincidence that my blood pressure has gone up after starting Lumigan? Doctors say yes, but it is listed as a side effect.”

Anonymous March 31, 2010

For Intraocular Hypertension: “Good at controlling pressure, but causes burning and dryness in eye, eased somewhat by use of artificial tears.”