User Reviews for Simbrinza

Intraocular Hypertension

Summary of Simbrinza reviews 6.1 13 reviews

Reviews for Simbrinza

Schoolgirl · Taken for less than 1 month August 10, 2019

For Glaucoma, Open Angle "My eye pressures were higher than my ophthalmologist liked, so he prescribed Simbrinza 1 drop in each eye am & pm. The first time, I used the drop was in the evening. After a few minutes, my knees felt week & I felt a bit light headed. The next morning after using Simbrinza, I felt fatigued & light headed. BP dropped to 94/51 & pulse was 50. I called my ophthalmologist & he said to discontinue the Simbrinza & go back to the drop that I had been previously using. Had a very swift side effects after only using this drop twice."

MWM · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 21, 2019

For Glaucoma, Open Angle "Medication works well in reducing pressures and doesn't have some of the side effects of other drops (skin darkening, eye color change, etc.). Sometimes it makes my eyes burn a little, sometimes a little red. Most troublesome side effect is that 2-3 hours after I instill the drops, I start to feel super fatigued. Vitals when this happens- HR 60-64, O2sats 100, and B/P is in the low 90's over high 50's. After an hour I will start to feel more alert and like myself- when I check my BP it's back to 100's over 70's and then gets back in the 110's over 70's where I like it. I also take Lisinopril, and was taking 40 mg/day. I've decreased that to 20mg/day, split dose, and am staggering it every 6 hours with the Simbrinza drops which I also use twice daily. Things seem to be stable with this approach. I tried dropping the Lisinopril altogether but my BP was creeping up to the 130s / 90's. Luckily, this normal tension glaucoma was caught early and I don't seem to have any peripheral vision changes yet."

Jt · Taken for less than 1 month February 14, 2019

For Intraocular Hypertension "Post catarac surgery, developed some mild pressure, foggy vision, Dr. gave me these drops, cleared up my vision in minutes !!! I read the side effects and will be tappering off, mainly because the Dr. said it ( pressure ) would clear in time. This med was indicated to speed up the process. It worked , I was so happy, I called the Dr. office and left him a message."

Pokey · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 28, 2018

For Glaucoma, Open Angle "I've been on glaucoma drops for over 25 years. Without a doubt, Simbrinza is the most obnoxious med I've taken. Here's what I experience with every application: 1. Instantly clouds my vision - usually for a minute or so. 2. Blurs my vision next: this usually lasts about 10 minutes. 3. Burns, but this is the least of my complaints. 4. Dries my eyes out terribly; worse than other glaucoma meds. 5. Makes my eyes light sensitive. 6. With the bedtime application, I usually wake up the next morning with all manner of crusty stuff in the corners of my eyes. Sometimes that gets under the lid and because of dry eye, feels like a boulder in there. It does keep my pressure low, but I've never had issues with super-high pressure, anyway."

Rudolf · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 28, 2018

For Glaucoma, Open Angle "SIMBRINZA is effective in a significant reduction to normal ocular pressure. But side effects are terrible. I have lost night vision outside and inside my home. I cannot drive at night because the glare from oncoming vehicles is blinding. I am very sensitive to sun light. I have blurred vision and loss of acuity. I have muscle pain in my legs and arms. I have dry mouth. Other side effects include low energy, head pain, eye itching, dizzy, eye comfort, and loss of appetite."

Blinky · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 10, 2018

For Glaucoma, Open Angle "I take this for Glaucoma. Effective at lessening ocular pressure. Makes me drowsy, so I take it at bedtime."

Rudolph · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 19, 2018

For Intraocular Hypertension "Terrible side effects. Lost all night vision and bright lights cause glare so bad I cannot drive a car after dark. My life has been destroyed. Blurred vision and double vision."

Shorty · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 6, 2018

For Glaucoma, Open Angle "I had a side effect reactions that went on for almost a year before the cause was determined -extremely tired- fell asleep suddenly daily (saw my general practioner) rapid heart rate ( saw a heart specialist), weakness in all my muscles, leg cramps (increased my potassium intake). I saw many doctors regarding my symptoms, including the opthamologist that prescribed it to no avail. My local cardiac specialist sent me to a neurophysiologist who assured me my symptoms were not related to my heart - I have a healthy heart. He recommended I either go back to my opthamologist (the only doctor that I had seen in the previous 8 months and only source of any medication. My opthamologist thought it “might be” the simbrinza, so ceased my using it. The symptoms lessened over time. I am not seeing an eye specialist. I still have weak muscles, back pain and stiffness /pain in all my joints. Before this experience I was a healthy, active athlete. My life has changed completely!!"

Rajesh Kaushik · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 17, 2017

For Glaucoma, Open Angle "While I have a few side effects as mentioned here, I realised that I have a very high appetite on account of use of Simbrinza and have put on lots of weight @ 12 kgs in 3 months."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 11, 2017

For Glaucoma, Open Angle "I really liked that this medication did not burn, itch sting, etc. It did not feel like something was in my eye. My only concern was that some pale yellow gooey stuff would collect in the corners of my eyes. I couldn't feel it but I needed a Q-tip to get it out. Other than that it was perfect."

calaya January 28, 2015

For Glaucoma, Open Angle "Ocular pressure down from 28 to 18 in 1 week."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 28, 2013

For Glaucoma, Open Angle "Simbrinza dropped eye pressure from 34 to 14 at 4 week check. I have experienced no side effects from this medication"

Karen Sue July 25, 2013

For Intraocular Hypertension "Very effective in decreasing eye pressure from 34 to 19 in one week. Side effects started increasing at two weeks, including blurriness, eye discomfort, drowiness, and syncope. I am stopping Simbrinza on day 15."

Symptom checker