User Reviews for Simbrinza

6.1

Intraocular Hypertension

Summary of Simbrinza reviews 5.6 10 reviews

Reviews for Simbrinza

For Glaucoma, Open Angle "I've been on glaucoma drops for over 25 years. Without a doubt, Simbrinza is the most obnoxious med I've taken. Here's what I experience with every application: 1. Instantly clouds my vision - usually for a minute or so. 2. Blurs my vision next: this usually lasts about 10 minutes. 3. Burns, but this is the least of my complaints. 4. Dries my eyes out terribly; worse than other glaucoma meds. 5. Makes my eyes light sensitive. 6. With the bedtime application, I usually wake up the next morning with all manner of crusty stuff in the corners of my eyes. Sometimes that gets under the lid and because of dry eye, feels like a boulder in there. It does keep my pressure low, but I've never had issues with super-high pressure, anyway."

Pokey (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 28, 2018

For Glaucoma, Open Angle "SIMBRINZA is effective in a significant reduction to normal ocular pressure. But side effects are terrible. I have lost night vision outside and inside my home. I cannot drive at night because the glare from oncoming vehicles is blinding. I am very sensitive to sun light. I have blurred vision and loss of acuity. I have muscle pain in my legs and arms. I have dry mouth. Other side effects include low energy, head pain, eye itching, dizzy, eye comfort, and loss of appetite."

Rudolf (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 28, 2018

For Glaucoma, Open Angle "I take this for Glaucoma. Effective at lessening ocular pressure. Makes me drowsy, so I take it at bedtime."

Blinky (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 10, 2018

For Intraocular Hypertension "Terrible side effects. Lost all night vision and bright lights cause glare so bad I cannot drive a car after dark. My life has been destroyed. Blurred vision and double vision."

Rudolph (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2018

For Glaucoma, Open Angle "I had a side effect reactions that went on for almost a year before the cause was determined -extremely tired- fell asleep suddenly daily (saw my general practioner) rapid heart rate ( saw a heart specialist), weakness in all my muscles, leg cramps (increased my potassium intake). I saw many doctors regarding my symptoms, including the opthamologist that prescribed it to no avail. My local cardiac specialist sent me to a neurophysiologist who assured me my symptoms were not related to my heart - I have a healthy heart. He recommended I either go back to my opthamologist (the only doctor that I had seen in the previous 8 months and only source of any medication. My opthamologist thought it “might be” the simbrinza, so ceased my using it. The symptoms lessened over time. I am not seeing an eye specialist. I still have weak muscles, back pain and stiffness /pain in all my joints. Before this experience I was a healthy, active athlete. My life has changed completely!!"

Shorty (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 6, 2018

For Glaucoma, Open Angle "While I have a few side effects as mentioned here, I realised that I have a very high appetite on account of use of Simbrinza and have put on lots of weight @ 12 kgs in 3 months."

Rajesh Kaushik (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2017

For Glaucoma, Open Angle "I really liked that this medication did not burn, itch sting, etc. It did not feel like something was in my eye. My only concern was that some pale yellow gooey stuff would collect in the corners of my eyes. I couldn't feel it but I needed a Q-tip to get it out. Other than that it was perfect."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 11, 2017

For Glaucoma, Open Angle "Ocular pressure down from 28 to 18 in 1 week."

calaya January 28, 2015

For Glaucoma, Open Angle "Simbrinza dropped eye pressure from 34 to 14 at 4 week check. I have experienced no side effects from this medication"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2013

For Intraocular Hypertension "Very effective in decreasing eye pressure from 34 to 19 in one week. Side effects started increasing at two weeks, including blurriness, eye discomfort, drowiness, and syncope. I am stopping Simbrinza on day 15."

Karen Sue July 25, 2013