User Reviews for Travoprost ophthalmic

Also known as: Travatan Z Izba

Travoprost ophthalmic has an average rating of 5.9 out of 10 from a total of 15 ratings on Drugs.com. 46% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 38% reported a negative effect.

Glaucoma, Open Angle
5.3
Intraocular Hypertension
7.7
Summary of Travoprost ophthalmic reviews 5.9 15 reviews

Reviews may be moderated to correct grammar/spelling or remove inappropriate language. Reviews that appear to be created by parties with a vested interest in the medication will not be published.

Reviews for Travoprost ophthalmic

Jessie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 15, 2020

Travatan Z (travoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: “I have been using Travatan Z for the past year and it seem to be working OK at first outside of having red eyes. I’ve had pink eye from this medication, severe sensitivity to light to the point sunglasses did not help. The feeling of something in both of my eyes, the pain was excruciating. I do not recommend this drug. Short term maybe, long term absolutely not! My intraocular pressure was lowered but besides that the side effects was a bit much. I do not recommend this drug.”

Risolido · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 22, 2020

Travatan Z (travoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: “I used Travatan for many years until the preservative was changed, and I had an allergic reaction. After probably trying most other eye drops that were on the market, with not much luck, other than experiencing more allergic reactions, I had numerous laser treatments to keep the pressures down for a short interval. Then about 6 years ago I discovered Travatan Z, and my eye specialist gave me the chance of trying it. I've no problems with Travatan Z, and my eye pressures are usually under 15. I'm very happy with Travatan Z, and hope nobody will ever try to change the formula.”

lancia41 June 5, 2014

Travatan Z (travoprost) for Intraocular Hypertension: “I started Travatan Z two weeks ago after pressure readings of 24 and 40. Now, two weeks, later my pressures were found to be 14 and 18. That's a 42% and 45% decrease! I never thought that such a drop would be possible. Some side effects have been felt, but they are insignificant compared to the high probability of blindness without treatment.”

Ryandan · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 12, 2018

Travatan Z (travoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: “Lasted two weeks and the side effects were beyond my limits. Blurred vision, redness, sensitivity to sunlight almost blinded me. Set off problems with my BP medications with muscle aches, balance problems. Moved over to Zioptan and after three weeks ended up a 911 call. Was taking Triamterene/Hctz, Pravastatin, Lisinopril, and Asprin at the time. Six weeks after stopping eye drops - back to normal and consistent BP of 128/75 at age 72.”

flh003 · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 23, 2019

Travatan Z (travoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: “My opthamologist, three years ago, prescribed one Timolol drop in the morning and one Travatan Z drop in the evening in each eye. This after my pressure registered 22 one time. Since then, no pressure above 15, no pain, no nothing.”

Jean · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 9, 2019

Travatan (travoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: “I have been using Travatan for two months now for my glaucoma and my eyes are extremely red and dry. My opthalmogist days that is because of the preservatives in it, but I cannot find, nor am sure if I can afford the preservative free version.”

Caldera · Taken for 10 years or more March 14, 2021

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: “I have been using this for the last 10 years. Now the bottle has a very small amount of liquid and not last for a month. Also, compared to the prescription fee we have to pay is not worth it. I'm very disappointed with the product. People can't afford two bottles for one month. I am very disappointed..No value for money.☹️”

Darcetha · Taken for 10 years or more October 17, 2016

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: “I have been using Travatan since 2001, and it has keep my eye pressure within normal range. The only side effect I suffered, and this is a good one, since I am a female, is that my eyelashes are long and full.”

LAW · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 3, 2021

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: “The package that is used is almost impossible to open. The price of the eye drops have zoomed up in price, the solution and the plastic packaging is now very difficult to open and the amount of solution is only 1/2 full with 2.5 ml. While old packaging was a small challenge, the new is much harder. The date on the box I have is 11/27/2020, lot RR1515, sn 854671. I will take it back to the store next pharmacy next week and maybe to the Dr. Office to have them call someone or change medication.”

Mike Farnam October 7, 2011

Travatan Z (travoprost) for Intraocular Hypertension: “It's good at dropping pressure and keeps the pain down, but makes me light headed and off balance to the point that I can't walk a straight line.”

Anonymous November 6, 2009

Travatan (travoprost) for Intraocular Hypertension: “No problems with this medicine. No side effects - reduced pressure to low normal level.”

Ruldoph · Taken for less than 1 month July 23, 2018

Travatan Z (travoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: “Somewhat effective in reducing ocular pressure but at a cost of many side effects including reduced acuity, eye pain and blurred vision.”

Helen Sonnier January 3, 2014

Travatan (travoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: “Travatan effective in controlling glaucoma. Travantan no longer available. Travatan-Z's additives were extremely uncomfortable. Used Travatan from 2003 until around 2009-2010. ”

Smitty January 3, 2020

Travatan (travoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: “My left eye hurts. Not the eye itself but above the to the left of the eye.”

Rajesh July 21, 2021

For Intraocular Hypertension: “This caused severe sensitivity to light . Had to stop after 6 days. Hope side effects are temporary as this was not for me”