User Reviews for Combigan

Combigan has an average rating of 5.7 out of 10 from a total of 19 ratings on Drugs.com. 44% of those users who reviewed Combigan reported a positive effect, while 39% reported a negative effect.

Glaucoma
10.0
Summary of Combigan reviews 5.7 19 reviews

Reviews for Combigan

MarlsW · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 6, 2021

For Glaucoma: “I have been diagnosed with glaucoma 8 months ago and this drug was my third option, since the other two was stronger with severe side effects. I ended up experiencing the same horrible side effects with this one as well, severe headaches, depression, eye pain, sensitive to light, extreme dry eyes, dry mouth, nasal dryness, low moods, no energy, blurry vision, heavy eyelids, my daily functioning impacted, forgetting things, felt horrible every day. I stopped using it and I need to do the lazer treatment because my pressure is still high.”

Ree · Taken for less than 1 month April 10, 2021

For Glaucoma: “Severe allergic reaction. Eyes and lids dark red, severe pain, burning, swelling. Rather take my chances with no eyedropper than use”

Jill · Taken for less than 1 month February 17, 2021

For Glaucoma: “After 1 week of taking Combigan, I developed Sjorgren’s syndrome, dry eyes, dry mouth, inability to sweat, nasal dryness, severe headache, altered mood change, depression, severe dehydration, muscle pain, burning respiratory tract on breathing among many other things.... it’s just horrible. I also developed hypotension.”

Leola · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 12, 2018

For Glaucoma: “I am writing to complain about the packaging of the Combigan eye drop made by Allergra. I use the 5ml drops in both of my eyes. I always run out of the medicine 2 weeks in. At the most it has lasted 3 weeks. First of all the tip of the bottle is too large. When you turn the bottle up a lot comes out, therefore I am emptying the bottle faster than I should. Also, I use the drops in both eyes so that is double the problem. I would like to contact someone in the main office regarding this problem. ”

Momtad · Taken for less than 1 month August 7, 2019

For Glaucoma: “The doctor prescribed combigan eye drops and the pharmacy filled the prescription. Neither told me it has beta blockers and what beta blockers do. After I almost passed out a few times, I investigated for myself and found out and realized the betablocker was causing the problems. Now I'm down a couple of hundred dollars, but at least I'm still alive.”

Neil M October 7, 2015

For Glaucoma: “so far in 1st 6 weeks has lowered my eye pressure from 23 in both eyes to 14 in both eyes. It is a beta blocker so also can lower your blood pressure. I've reduced that effect by putting pressure at side of nose-corner of eyes with my fingers, where medicine can enter the blood stream. I recommend those that don't do this technique, see how to do it correctly on some instructional you tube videos.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 20, 2015

For Glaucoma: “I am not a recently diagnosed glaucoma patient. This medication was introduced when my previous medication was no longer working well. Although this drug lowered my pressure significantly, the side effect produced was extreme lupus-like symptoms which I continue to experience over seven months later. After taking the drug for two weeks my ophthalmologist discontinued its use. I realize there are side effects with all drugs. This is one in which I was not adequately informed of the risk and which I regret having taken..”

Eric · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 11, 2020

For Glaucoma: “Combigan has been effective for me, with no side effects. However, the price is way, way out of line. This is not a difficult or expense drug to produce, and Allergan is price gouging those of us us need it, and can't tolerate other alternatives.”

TJ1AW January 28, 2010

For Glaucoma: “My left eye pressure was 24 using timolol maleate drops. After 2 weeks my left eye pressure is now 11. The eye doctor told me to keep using my supply of timolol in the right eye as it's working on that eye. This is a great product.”

Ms. Rere August 28, 2017

For Glaucoma: “My eyes are very red and everyone thinks I have been smoking weed,-that's how bad they look. They hurt and are light sensitive. I am going to ask to change to something else. I can't deal with this.”

bea000 · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 21, 2015

For Glaucoma: “I've had glaucoma since I was 9, and I've tried many glaucoma medications. I've also had glaucoma surgeries. Combigan has been the most effective drop for me, with fewer side effects than some other drops I have tried.”

LilPixie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 19, 2015

For Glaucoma: “I was on Betoptic for years and my pressure was still a bit higher than we wanted it to be. After some trial & error, we've discovered that if I put the Combigan in one eye and the Betoptic in the other, my pressure is better than it's ever been. Around 14 which is unheard of me. It's working great and the only side effect I have is a bit of redness at times.”

Andrady October 5, 2020

For Intraocular Hypertension: “My experience is bitter. I’m still using this eye drops. This makes my blood pressure goes down so low whenever I dropped it in my eyes especially at evening. My pressure goes down to 90/63. I’m so scared to use it in the evenings. In the morning I fight what’s going on. I sometimes sleep to get off. Sigh”

Anonymous January 26, 2011

For Glaucoma: “My eye pressure still varies from 14 to 36. Combigan did not work for me.”

Anyakou · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 14, 2013

For Intraocular Hypertension: “My pressure was reduced from 43 to 12. Fantastic and so far after 6 months use no side effects and long may that last!”

James Spry · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 28, 2014

For Glaucoma: “It helped lower my pressure but made my eyes persistently red.”

Rindaloo · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 24, 2019

For Glaucoma: “Dry mouth, dizzyness, near fainting on 3 occasions, feeling unhappy. Changed to Azarga (Brinzolamide/Timolol) and feel a lot better.”

tm9 February 27, 2013

For Glaucoma: “Works good for me.”

c wood · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 11, 2015

For Glaucoma/Intraocular Hypertension: “good”