User Reviews for Zioptan

Zioptan has an average rating of 7.0 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings on Drugs.com. 63% of those users who reviewed Zioptan reported a positive effect, while 25% reported a negative effect.

Glaucoma/Intraocular Hypertension
4.3
Glaucoma, Open Angle
10.0
Intraocular Hypertension
Summary of Zioptan reviews 7.0 10 reviews

Keecha · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 24, 2021

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: “After trying five glaucoma meds to which I was allergic to all of them, I was ecstatic to find Zioptan. Not only did my pressures drop tremendously and stayed there, but I finally had no side effects. There are no preservatives in Zioptan. The preservatives in most of the other meds gave me the allergic reactions.”

Pi-guy314159 · Taken for less than 1 month April 13, 2020

For Glaucoma/Intraocular Hypertension: “Used drops at bedtime 10 pm. Headaches occurred around 2-3 am and lasted throughout the day, ending near dinner time. To combat side effects I ended up using lumify, tears and ibuprofen none of which helped.”

Jmj March 26, 2020

For Glaucoma/Intraocular Hypertension: “Been on Zioptan for about 1 1/2 years. Slowly developed breathing problems. Twice I missed my drops for a few days and my side effect symptoms were improving. While waiting for a return call from my Dr. I called acorn who is the company for the drops. They were totally useless. I asked them for more information on the studies for the specific side effects. They told me they do not have the studies. She just kept going on about they can't diagnose me over the phone. I said that's not what I asked for. Basically I'm going to get off these drops. I think they are not good for long term use. I liked them as my eyes weren't as red than with other drops. My pressures were still 20 to 21 but without drops I'm around 29. Good luck. Life is good.”

northark January 25, 2014

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: “I have been using Zioptan for a little over a year. I had developed allergies to the preservatives in my previous drops and Zioptan has been a wonderful change. My pressures are normal and the swelling, itching and peeling of my eyelids and the skin around my eyes has totally cleared up. ”

BrianMidwest · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 16, 2013

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: “With Zioptan my intra ocular pressure fell, in one month, from R15 L14, to R12, L11. My ophthalmologist is delighted. He says that, if this result holds, I will be his third patient to experience a dramatic drop. He says that some people -- with hopes that I am one -- seem predisposed by heredity to an excellent response to Zioptan. No side effects.”

g2 · Taken for less than 1 month June 23, 2018

For Glaucoma/Intraocular Hypertension: “The medication worked as far as bringing the pressure down but not without side effects, those are: blurred vision which clears up about 16 hours after using, swelling, severe light sensitivity, eye(s) that look like a piece of beach glass and unbelievable pain. Worse than any of the multiple eye surgeries I've had.”

Rudolph · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 23, 2018

For Glaucoma/Intraocular Hypertension: “no reduction in ocular pressure but many side effects.”

TNtraveler · Taken for less than 1 month March 10, 2014

For Intraocular Hypertension: “After having tried four previous drops, my doctor gave me Zioptan and my pressures came down immediately. My eyes are extremely dry , so I also have to use liquid tears every two hours.”

campbell girl October 2, 2013

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: “I had no side effects, but my pressure actually went up a few points. My eyelashes did not thicken but they grew longer.”

tynisha June 16, 2013

For Glaucoma/Intraocular Hypertension: “The pressure in my left eye was 28, right eye 24, after 1 month on zioptan L21, R21. I get blurry vision, but it passes. But my insurance does not want to pay for this medicine.”