User Reviews for Bimatoprost

Intraocular Hypertension
4.5

Summary of Bimatoprost reviews 6.7 11 reviews

Reviews for Bimatoprost

Lumigan (bimatoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: "My side effects- depression, anxiety, painful neck & shoulders. Finding it very difficult to drive at night and have no energy. Severe chest pain. Found it very hard to describe how I was feeling to anybody. Initially DEFINITELY did not put my condition down to taking eye drops. I was told there would be some changes in my eye colouring & eyelashes but absolutely NONE of the other side effects I was experiencing. STOPPED USING LUMIGAN. Still having a few long term side effects but I am at least coherent. Not good. I have read it has now been banned for use in the UK. Going to another specialist ASAP."

Disappointed (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2018

Lumigan (bimatoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: "I'm 84, if that matters. About a year ago I experienced a sudden (over 6 months) simultaneous increase in intraocular pressure from about 18 to 31. Started using Lumigan 0.01% one drop daily at night. IOC pressure dropped to 16-18 and has stayed in that range. No side effects or discomfort."

Michael (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 25, 2018

For Intraocular Hypertension: "I have used Latisse for many years, and I've been very pleased by the results. The online pharmacy from which I bought Latisse recently was sold, and the new owners immediately raised the price. While searching for another source, I found a coupon for the generic version sold at Wal-Mart. Of course, I tried it out and bought two bottles for quite a bargain price. After finishing the first bottle, my eyelashes are dramatically less full, and much shorter than they were when I was using Latisse. The difference is so startling, I wonder if the bottle even contains what the label says it does. Would love to have the second bottle analyzed by a lab! In any case, I'm going back to Latisse. I may not even use the second bottle."

Gilda BB (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 7, 2017

Lumigan (bimatoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: "This is a very expensive eye drop and the company only puts enough in the bottle to get exactly 28 to 30 days. You can easily run out early. I'm sure it wouldn't bankrupt the company to put enough to get a full month out of it. Greedy I guess. I told my doctor to prescribe a different eye drop. I'm happy now."

jnt jr October 1, 2017

Lumigan (bimatoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: "I've been using Lumigan for about 12 years. Of all the different drops out there (and I've tried them all), Lumigan is the most effective at reducing my IOP. I also currently use Alphagan and Timoptic. Side effects, for me, include some redness and dryness of the eyes, darkening of the skin around the eyes, and longer eyelashes. My eyes were quite dark to begin with so I can't comment on the darkening of the iris Lumigan and other drops in its class are known for."

This is Kris (taken for 10 years or more) March 24, 2017

Lumigan (bimatoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: "Had severe shortness of breath, weakness, tiredness, loss of voice. Would never recommend this product! I was in and out of hospitals for months."

Maria Julie D October 25, 2015

Lumigan (bimatoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: "my eye had a 34 IOP, yesterday's it was at 16 so Lumigan has been very effective. I apply my drops in the morning which is not the normal but work for my life schedule. My doctor doesn't approve but can't give me a good reason why it should be applied before bedtime, as it's obviously working well. my ask: it would be nice to have a view window on the bottle as it's very difficult to know how much remains."

Thomas Flaherty (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 17, 2015

Lumigan (bimatoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: "Severe pigmentation on the lower eyelids. "

enriquecgavilan July 29, 2013

Lumigan (bimatoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: "After trying just about all the drops out there, this was the one that really worked in lowering the pressure in my eye without any bad side effects."

dibupp October 13, 2011

Lumigan (bimatoprost) for Intraocular Hypertension: "Is it just coincidence that my blood pressure has gone up after starting Lumigan? Doctors say yes, but it is listed as a side effect."

Anonymous April 4, 2010

Lumigan (bimatoprost) for Intraocular Hypertension: "Good at controlling pressure, but causes burning and dryness in eye, eased somewhat by use of artificial tears."

Anonymous March 31, 2010

For Eyelash Hypotrichosis: "Increases in eyelash length, caliber and pigmentation have been observed for years in patients using prostaglandin analogues (and similar compounds). The fda-approval of Latisse (bimatoprost 0.03%) gives enhanced confidence amongst patients and physicians alike regarding the safety and efficacy of this medication and mode of therapy for thin, sparse, weak or otherwise inadequate eyelashes. Of course, the medication works only on eyelash follicles that are alive. For missing lashes or to increase the number of lashes, eyelash transplantation remains as the only permanent option. "

DrBauman February 9, 2009