User Reviews for Bimatoprost ophthalmic

Intraocular Hypertension
5.2

Reviews for Bimatoprost ophthalmic

Questionable · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 7, 2021

Lumigan (bimatoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: “Started 2 months ago on Lumigan after pressure went up to 22 in each eye while on Latanaprost (started Ritalin recently so contrary to Docs opinion that may have caused increase). Anyway, the Lumigan has lowered pressure to 18 but has caused severe dry eye, dizziness and possible extreme anxiety (not sure about the anxiety being from the drug or isolation from covid?). I went back on Latanaprost last night and will have pressure checked in two weeks (off the Ritalin). It’s the dizziness that is causing me the most concern, and balance loss.”

Bc February 10, 2021

Lumigan (bimatoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: “straight away eyes stinging, Using lubricant 15 mins before helps but not with the constant burn feeling on the eyelids, that increases and gives big headaches. With only being on it for a few days, my eye sockets changed colour, looks like I have eye shadow on. Started having weird pains in my joints, flu-like symptoms, couldn’t stand this pain.! So I stopped my LUMIGAN. In the meantime, I thought I’d go back to trying Xalatan, when I first used that, had an asthma reaction, so now I spray my seretine spray before taking xalatan which helped, has no flu like symptoms. Side effects, I do get extreme burning by 5:30pm so extreme, I had to put aloe Vera burns cream around my eyes, and cold cucumbers, which helped. 3 hours later used more aloe Vera burns cream. I mean who designed these drugs! FYI I did try laser before but that didn’t work on me, I must be in the 20 per cent group.”

dark nite · Taken for less than 1 month February 8, 2021

Lumigan (bimatoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: “Which of these posters are using 0.03 solution vs. 0.01? Without knowing that, these posts are mostly not helpful. I took it for my first night after trying Latanoprost for a week and resting for a month. I use Bosch & Lomb Lumify wetting drops during the day. It would also be helpful to know whether these negative side-effects — if they are real — began early. We’re they mild but detectable early on, or did they just suddenly appear? So far I have redness.”

AmamaD · Taken for 10 years or more November 3, 2019

Lumigan (bimatoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: “I've been using Lumigan drops for glaucoma for 10 or more years. I have all the bad side effects I've read about here. Including others like skin growths, new allergies, hearing loss, aches and dizziness. I am changing to a different drop to see if I can recover from some of the problems. Also, resent Allergan for raising the price out the roof and cancelling patient assistance programs! GREED”

Disappointed · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 16, 2018

Lumigan (bimatoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: “My side effects- depression, anxiety, painful neck & shoulders. Finding it very difficult to drive at night and have no energy. Severe chest pain. Found it very hard to describe how I was feeling to anybody. Initially DEFINITELY did not put my condition down to taking eye drops. I was told there would be some changes in my eye colouring & eyelashes but absolutely NONE of the other side effects I was experiencing. STOPPED USING LUMIGAN. Still having a few long term side effects but I am at least coherent. Not good. I have read it has now been banned for use in the UK. Going to another specialist ASAP.”

Thomas Flaherty · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 17, 2015

Lumigan (bimatoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: “my eye had a 34 IOP, yesterday's it was at 16 so Lumigan has been very effective. I apply my drops in the morning which is not the normal but work for my life schedule. My doctor doesn't approve but can't give me a good reason why it should be applied before bedtime, as it's obviously working well. my ask: it would be nice to have a view window on the bottle as it's very difficult to know how much remains.”

Unhappy bloke August 13, 2019

Lumigan (bimatoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: “I have had a horrendous time on this medication. Depression chronic really dark thoughts, and nightmares that the devil would be scared of and breathing problems. My surgeon who operated on my eyes and later diagnosed me with glaucoma said some bizarre side affects can happen so was willing to risk surgery on both my eyes but then retired my new doctor said its all in my mind. Heres some tips: close your eyes after you administer don't open for approx 5 mins, push a finger against your tear duct to stop the lumigan draining and having a systemic effect. I have tried all the meds this is the best of a bad bunch for me. I am coping better than I was at I take it at 6:30pm not before bed due to satanic nightmares and no sleep.”

Nickname April 21, 2020

Lumigan (bimatoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: “My experience with this was awful, shortness of breath. Itchy dry eyes. I was getting panic attacks and was super depressed. My arms tingled and felt heavy. Super nauseated. Headaches and stiffed neck. The worst medicine ever. Long lashes are not worth feeling so horrible.”

Sam · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 23, 2019

Lumigan (bimatoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: “After about 6 months on Lumigan I started experiencing problems breathing, gasping at night in bed for air, wheezing, shortness of breathe, upper respiratory infections, stopped taking! Lumigan did not decrease eye pressure then I read that 20% of people taking drops for glaucoma go blind anyway - then you see one of its side effects is blindness....how do they get these drugs approved!”

Michael · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 25, 2018

Lumigan (bimatoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: “I'm 84, if that matters. About a year ago I experienced a sudden (over 6 months) simultaneous increase in intraocular pressure from about 18 to 31. Started using Lumigan 0.01% one drop daily at night. IOC pressure dropped to 16-18 and has stayed in that range. No side effects or discomfort.”

jnt jr October 1, 2017

Lumigan (bimatoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: “This is a very expensive eye drop and the company only puts enough in the bottle to get exactly 28 to 30 days. You can easily run out early. I'm sure it wouldn't bankrupt the company to put enough to get a full month out of it. Greedy I guess. I told my doctor to prescribe a different eye drop. I'm happy now.”

This is Kris · Taken for 10 years or more March 24, 2017

Lumigan (bimatoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: “I've been using Lumigan for about 12 years. Of all the different drops out there (and I've tried them all), Lumigan is the most effective at reducing my IOP. I also currently use Alphagan and Timoptic. Side effects, for me, include some redness and dryness of the eyes, darkening of the skin around the eyes, and longer eyelashes. My eyes were quite dark to begin with so I can't comment on the darkening of the iris Lumigan and other drops in its class are known for.”

Fed up · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 8, 2018

Lumigan (bimatoprost) for Intraocular Hypertension: “My side effects are depression, anxiety, pains in neck and shoulders, general aches and pains, headaches and nausea on waking. I did not put any of these symptoms down to the eye drops until very recently and looking back they all started not long after starting the drops. I feel terrible and will have to change to an alternative asap.”

Joy · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 23, 2020

Lumigan (bimatoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: “Currently using for about a month. Using in both eyes to relieve pressures and left eye is infected irritated and itchy. Told by my doctor that this is a side effect. I Have to wait a few weeks to see if infection clears up if it doesn’t I will need to return for a eye exam. I hope I can bear irritation and itchy eye that long.”

winsome · Taken for less than 1 month July 31, 2019

For Intraocular Hypertension: “Have been on bimatoprost almost a month. It has lowered my eye pressure significantly, which is good, but I have also experienced headaches around the eyes and the top of the head and a general "out of it" feeling in my head periodically, which is disturbing, in addition to some anxiety. I wonder whether this is due to the preservative, benzalkonium, as I can't eat anything with nitrates, such as hot dogs, etc., which give me migraines Will be bringing this up to my doctor on the next visit. I hope my experience resonates with others on this medication.”

Deb March 22, 2019

For Intraocular Hypertension: “My problem is with the container. After removing the screw off lid the upper portion of the container does not fit tightly into the lower portion so when pressure is applied by gently squeezing to dispense one drop the product spills out at the rim of the bottom portion of the container. A large portion of the product is lost at this unsealed junction. I wonder if the product was exposed to heat causing pressure which loosened the top portion and likely rendered the product ineffective. The dispenser is sterile because of use in the eye so I was not comfortable with trying to push on the dropper portion to see if I could secure it. I wasted over two weeks worth of medication from repeated attempts to use. If your pharmacist gives you this medication from this generic manufacturer ask for a different manfacturer. I am going to pick up one tomorrow and will see which products are available and will update. The product itself works and caused none of the possible side effects.”

DrBauman February 9, 2009

For Eyelash Hypotrichosis: “Increases in eyelash length, caliber and pigmentation have been observed for years in patients using prostaglandin analogues (and similar compounds). The fda-approval of Latisse (bimatoprost 0.03%) gives enhanced confidence amongst patients and physicians alike regarding the safety and efficacy of this medication and mode of therapy for thin, sparse, weak or otherwise inadequate eyelashes. Of course, the medication works only on eyelash follicles that are alive. For missing lashes or to increase the number of lashes, eyelash transplantation remains as the only permanent option. ”

Gilda BB · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 7, 2017

For Intraocular Hypertension: “I have used Latisse for many years, and I've been very pleased by the results. The online pharmacy from which I bought Latisse recently was sold, and the new owners immediately raised the price. While searching for another source, I found a coupon for the generic version sold at Wal-Mart. Of course, I tried it out and bought two bottles for quite a bargain price. After finishing the first bottle, my eyelashes are dramatically less full, and much shorter than they were when I was using Latisse. The difference is so startling, I wonder if the bottle even contains what the label says it does. Would love to have the second bottle analyzed by a lab! In any case, I'm going back to Latisse. I may not even use the second bottle.”

dibupp October 13, 2011

Lumigan (bimatoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: “After trying just about all the drops out there, this was the one that really worked in lowering the pressure in my eye without any bad side effects.”

Sami July 4, 2019

Lumigan (bimatoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: “Lumigan is a disaster. Big damage to my eyes. Stopped after 4 days. Keep away.”

Beggie67 · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 24, 2020

Lumigan (bimatoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: “Since I been using the drops, it causes my nose to run and sores in my nose. And nausea every morning I get up I feel really bad.”

Maria Julie D October 25, 2015

Lumigan (bimatoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: “Had severe shortness of breath, weakness, tiredness, loss of voice. Would never recommend this product! I was in and out of hospitals for months.”

Anonymous April 4, 2010

Lumigan (bimatoprost) for Intraocular Hypertension: “Is it just coincidence that my blood pressure has gone up after starting Lumigan? Doctors say yes, but it is listed as a side effect.”

Anonymous March 31, 2010

Lumigan (bimatoprost) for Intraocular Hypertension: “Good at controlling pressure, but causes burning and dryness in eye, eased somewhat by use of artificial tears.”

Anonymous April 23, 2020

Lumigan (bimatoprost) for Intraocular Hypertension: “Lowered my ocular pressure but my vision got worse.”

enriquecgavilan July 29, 2013

Lumigan (bimatoprost) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: “Severe pigmentation on the lower eyelids. ”