User Reviews for Dorzolamide ophthalmic

6.4
Intraocular Hypertension
8.5

KC March 6, 2021

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: “Dorzolamide Ophthalmic 2% burned my eyes when used to the point tears are running down my face and experienced burning pain. My pressure did not change during treatment with this drop. I told my doctor how can a drop stay in your eyes when you have tears running down your face from the burning pain. I no longer use this eye drop, burning pain and no change in pressure.”

Chip · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 30, 2019

Trusopt (dorzolamide) for Intraocular Hypertension: “Quite effective overall. However I have asthma so I'm curious why I'm taking it. My lung issues don't seem to be aggravated much at all.”

Agnes · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 5, 2019

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: “I am 74. Currently am using Dorzolamide Hydrochloride Ophthalmic solution 2% in left eye twice a day and Latanoprost in left eye. Had surgery for glaucoma in right eye & am using Durazol twice a day in right eye. I suffer from drowsiness and fatigue, and sleep a lot, often all afternoon. I also take Levothyroxine, 50 mcg. for hypothyroidism. Even if I take two pills instead of one, it doesn't help. I wonder if the dorzolamide be causing my drowsiness and fatigue.”

famousrabbit · Taken for 10 years or more May 3, 2016

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: “Have had glaucoma since I was 30. I am now 76 with little optic nerve damage. This is one of two glaucoma drugs I take--latanoprost is the other. Have been on both for over 15 years (including the brand names before those two generics). This drug initially stung but got better as the years passed. I thank them for helping me keep my sight. I am also very lucky and have received excellent medical care as well as an early diagnosis.”

This is Kris · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 24, 2017

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: “I didn't have a good experience with dorzolamide. It burned intensely during application, and after a few days caused very red, itchy, sticky eyes with yellowish discharge, almost like pinkeye. I always had to stop using it after a few days.”

Justhim · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 27, 2016

Trusopt (dorzolamide) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: “I noticed my husband coughing more than usual for a while now. Dr. mentioned something today about asthma being affected by one of the two eye drops he uses. Trusopt is one if them. He doesn't have asthma but does have a lung condition for which he has had a slight cough in the past.”

Nelia April 9, 2019

For Intraocular Hypertension: “Very dizzy while taking this eye medication. While driving I almost drove off the rode as it was making me very dizzy, my vision was bad ,and it also made me very sleepy. I had to stop driving and find a place to stay until this med wore off.”

Sherry · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 9, 2019

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: “Diagnosed in 2012 with open angle glaucoma. I am now 73 yrs old. Latanoprost 1 drop @ night for 7 years; Dorzolamide 1 drop 3x daily the past 4 years. My pressures are under control. Dorzolamide used to sting a lot until about 2 years ago. New formula?”

Anonymous August 2, 2013

Trusopt (dorzolamide) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: “No side efects at all”

oilburner · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2016

For Glaucoma, Open Angle: “Just started taking this 2x daily in combination with Lumigan 1x daily. The Dorzolamide burns my eyes and the Lumigan doesn't.”