User Reviews for Dorzolamide ophthalmic to treat Glaucoma, Open Angle

Also known as: Trusopt

Dorzolamide ophthalmic has an average rating of 5.8 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Glaucoma, Open Angle. 33% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 33% reported a negative effect.

Dorzolamide ophthalmic Rating Summary

5.8/10 average rating

Compare all 44 medications used in the treatment of Glaucoma, Open Angle.

famousrabbit · Taken for 10 years or more May 3, 2016

“Have had glaucoma since I was 30. I am now 76 with little optic nerve damage. This is one of two glaucoma drugs I take--latanoprost is the other. Have been on both for over 15 years (including the brand names before those two generics). This drug initially stung but got better as the years passed. I thank them for helping me keep my sight. I am also very lucky and have received excellent medical care as well as an early diagnosis.”

Justhim · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 27, 2016

Trusopt (dorzolamide): “I noticed my husband coughing more than usual for a while now. Dr. mentioned something today about asthma being affected by one of the two eye drops he uses. Trusopt is one if them. He doesn't have asthma but does have a lung condition for which he has had a slight cough in the past.”

This is Kris · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 24, 2017

“I didn't have a good experience with dorzolamide. It burned intensely during application, and after a few days caused very red, itchy, sticky eyes with yellowish discharge, almost like pinkeye. I always had to stop using it after a few days.”

Agnes · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 5, 2019

“I am 74. Currently am using Dorzolamide Hydrochloride Ophthalmic solution 2% in left eye twice a day and Latanoprost in left eye. Had surgery for glaucoma in right eye & am using Durazol twice a day in right eye. I suffer from drowsiness and fatigue, and sleep a lot, often all afternoon. I also take Levothyroxine, 50 mcg. for hypothyroidism. Even if I take two pills instead of one, it doesn't help. I wonder if the dorzolamide be causing my drowsiness and fatigue.”

Sherry · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 9, 2019

“Diagnosed in 2012 with open angle glaucoma. I am now 73 yrs old. Latanoprost 1 drop @ night for 7 years; Dorzolamide 1 drop 3x daily the past 4 years. My pressures are under control. Dorzolamide used to sting a lot until about 2 years ago. New formula?”

June · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 26, 2021

“I started having very marked memory issues. One day I couldn't remember whether I had just come home from my father's house-a three hour drive- that day or the day before; I put a cup of water in the microwave and turned right around and poured another cup to heat up only to discover one was still heating up. I have left the stove on several times; couldn't remember where to turn to come home. This side effect affects 1 in 300 but was scary. It took a few days before the effects started to lessen. This was an add-on with very little gain and a big, big downside.”

KC March 6, 2021

“Dorzolamide Ophthalmic 2% burned my eyes when used to the point tears are running down my face and experienced burning pain. My pressure did not change during treatment with this drop. I told my doctor how can a drop stay in your eyes when you have tears running down your face from the burning pain. I no longer use this eye drop, burning pain and no change in pressure.”

Anonymous August 2, 2013

Trusopt (dorzolamide): “No side efects at all”

oilburner · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2016

“Just started taking this 2x daily in combination with Lumigan 1x daily. The Dorzolamide burns my eyes and the Lumigan doesn't.”