User Reviews for Brimonidine ophthalmic

Eye Redness
3.9

Summary of Brimonidine reviews 4.5 15 reviews

Reviews for Brimonidine

Lumify (brimonidine) for Eye Redness: "I got these drops as a sample and tried them to relieve eye redness. They did make the whites of my eyes very white and cleared up the redness. However, about an hour later my eyes kept watering and tearing up a lot. Almost like I was having allergy issues, but I take an allergy medicine, so it had to be from the eye drops. Sadly, I would not use these again because my eyes watered so much that it was smearing all my eye makeup."

Quietspirit1970 (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2019

Lumify (brimonidine) for Eye Redness: "It’s allergy season and my eyes get minor redness and I’ll use Visine. We received a sample of Lumify in the mail and I decided to try it out one Friday while getting ready to attend an outside wedding. After applying Lumify in each eye, I immediately had an itchy nose. On the car ride to the wedding I wanted to itch the inside of my nose like crazy! This continued throughout the night. Next day, my left eye duct was clogged , red and swollen . I am beyond upset! Do another use this product ! I will be seeing my doctor tomorrow ."

JMont18 (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2019

Lumify (brimonidine) for Eye Redness: "I’ve used these eye drops for almost 3 months now. They really helped my red dry eyes, however I noticed that I was getting a bald spot the size of a thumb on the back of my head. I’m not sure if hair loss/alopecia is a side effect but I will stop using these eye drops for the time being and evaluate if they are related."

Jay (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2019

Lumify (brimonidine) for Eye Redness: "I had blurred vision...burning...itching..headache..do not use..."

Candy (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2019

Lumify (brimonidine) for Eye Redness: "Chronic, dry/red eye sufferer. At first, these drops seemed miraculous. Nothing ever helped so I thought they were a gift from God. I used very sparingly, maybe 6 drops total in about 1 year. Recently used 1-2 times a week for the last 3 weeks. I have never in my life life looked so horrendous after doing this. Lasts for 6 hours but I look like a monster the next day. The rebound redness is horrific. I’m afraid I’ve done permanent damage after reading reviews on mirvaso- the rosacea cream that has this ingredient to help flushing. Can’t believe they used this ingredient for eyes after the awful damage and complaints on the face cream. PLEASE, be careful. This stuff ended up being POISON. I was so hopeful & now terrified. I can NOT get this redness back to normal now."

KaysMom (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 30, 2018

Lumify (brimonidine) for Eye Redness: "After using these drops, my vision blurred so bad I couldn't see to read a clock, read or drive. I also had a lot of floaters and flashes appear in my eyes. I recommend NOT USING THESE DROPS."

Scared October 2, 2018

Lumify (brimonidine) for Eye Redness: "These drops accelerated my heart rate and made me feel awful! They put me to sleep within an hour of using them. Yes, they whitened my eyes a lot but also made them FEEL irritated, DRY AND BLURRY. They remained so blurry that I visited my GP who said that they should never have been made available OTC."

kdg (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

Lumify (brimonidine) for Eye Redness: "While Lumify cleared the redness from my allergy laden eyes I have since experienced blurred vision. My vision prior to using Lumify was 20/15. Now it's 20/80. I visited my Ophthalmologist almost two weeks ago to be treated for the blurred vision and am now on steroid eye drops. The condition hasn't much improved. Please carefully read the side effects before using this product."

amadan (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2018

Lumify (brimonidine) for Eye Redness: "These eye drops REALLY work well to whiten eyes. I wish I could use them all the time. The only side I have experienced is lower eyelid itching."

Kb July 22, 2018

Alphagan (brimonidine) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: "After cataract surgery my eye pressure became elevated and took a long time to get it lower the eye doctor also said it looked like the muscles around the eye resembled glaucoma and put me on Alphagan for two months three weeks on the medicine my eyes became very sensitive to bright lights, irritated and inflamed with blurred vision, I was put on several other types of eye drops but they all made it worse and it has been 7 months since and no relief"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2017

Alphagan P (brimonidine) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: "I have Open Angle Glaucoma in both eyes. Alphagan P brought my pressure down in a short length of time. The pressure has stayed at accceptable levels for the past twelve years. I have not had any side affects."

County Girl (taken for 10 years or more) March 31, 2016

Alphagan P (brimonidine) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: "Became ineffective within six months and developed an allergic irritance with it."

fjwheel (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2014

Alphagan (brimonidine) for Intraocular Hypertension: "Completely got rid of the pain in my eyes, but did cause blurred vision and photophobia."

Hermione. January 9, 2012

Alphagan P (brimonidine) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: "Very strong side effects to me. I got blurred vision, dizziness and fatigue to the extent that I cannot maintain my normal daily activities."

Anonymous August 3, 2010

Alphagan P (brimonidine) for Glaucoma, Open Angle: "Unfortunatily, the drug was not very effective for me. I experienced side effects, such as eye irritation, itchy eyes, minor swelling, and minor blistering. This medicine did not reduce my eye pressure."

Anonymous November 18, 2009