User Reviews for Latanoprost ophthalmic to treat Intraocular Hypertension

Brand names: Xalatan, Xelpros

Latanoprost ophthalmic has an average rating of 6.0 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings for the treatment of Intraocular Hypertension. 45% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 27% reported a negative experience.

Latanoprost ophthalmic rating summary

6.0/10 average rating

Compare all 47 medications used in the treatment of Intraocular Hypertension.

Reviews for Latanoprost ophthalmic

Momma · Taken for 1 to 6 months · July 31, 2019

"These drops caused TERRIBLE heart palpitations and anxiety that kept me awake at night and jittery all day long. The doctors could not figure out what was wrong and put me through numerous tests for my heart. Thinking that it could be the drops, I was prescribed a new medication. After being off this medication for a couple of weeks, the palpitations stopped and I began feeling like myself again. So thankful that this toxic medication is finally out of my body."

WhitbyKen · February 25, 2017

Xalatan (latanoprost) "Originally diagnosed with Glaucoma, had laser eye surgery but over the years eye pressures increased and prescribed Xalatan Latanoprost no significant problems. But when chemist swapped for a generic make 2 years ago I had problems feeling queasy, palpitations, waterworks weakness, generally not feeling well. Changed prescription immediately, back to Xalatan, no problem. This happened again yesterday, given generic Latanoprost and thought I would give it a further try, big mistake, terrible nights sleep and will be going back to pharmacist immediately for change back to Xalatan! But if I had a choice I would not take any of these drugs, all very powerful."

muffy · Taken for 5 to 10 years · January 29, 2019

"I have used xalatan and also latanaprost over the last 6-7 years with no problems except for the bottle. I wish it came with a bottle that just had an eye dropper in it. The bottle is difficult because you seem to have no control on how much pressure to use - sometimes too much comes out or not enough and you press too hard. Either that or they should put more medicine in a little bigger bottle as it doesn't last a full month and the pharmacy refuses to fill it a little early as the insurance dictate how often Both xalatan and latanaprost used the same bottles. I wrote to both companies and while they responded - they said to push the bottom of he bottle to dispense. I didn't know that all this time and it helps a little. Just squeezing the bottle made it harder to manage the flow. I wish another company dispensed it."

patrico123 · September 16, 2016

Xalatan (latanoprost) "I'm absolutely content with this drug. Originally my doctor prescribed me latanoprost and i've been sick quickly. I had a severe sore throat and my eyes were strongly red all the time after just 10-12 days of using it. Than I came back and I told about all side effects. After that conversation my doctor prescribed me Xalatan and I am really content now! It's my third week of using it and i don't have any side effects. No sore throat, no headache, no weakness, no muscle pain, no redness. My eyes were just a little bit red at the beggining but now they are all ok."

MEH · Taken for 2 to 5 years · June 14, 2018

"New bottles of latanopropst 0.005% coming from Rising pharma leak from 2 places. Humana pharmacist actually told me instructions are merely tap the bottom of the bottle. So I said, okay; one hand to hold your eyelid, one hand to hold the bottle, where can I get hand #3? I think it is a defective bottle design or manufacturing problem. It is also the only brand that Humana pharmacy uses for home delivery."

connie1118 · October 27, 2010

"It does make your eyelashes grow, but mine started growing on the inner corners of my eye and under my eye! I got the sensation of something in my eye (usually it was the overabundance of lashes). My eyes got dry and the drops sting."

Sandy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · August 13, 2019

"I have used Xalatan for 9 months now. I am extremely lucky as I have no side effects whatsoever. My readings at the specialist look good and I am grateful that it works. I also suffer from other chronic illnesses so am fully aware that sometimes we just have to deal with the side effects of our meds...all the best to those on this journey."

Bad Headache · Taken for less than 1 month · November 2, 2021

"I started Latanoprost in 9/2021. One drop in each eye at bedtime. Within two days I started having headaches. By the end of the first week, I had a bad headache that was 24/7 and wouldn't go away. When I realized that tylenol or ibuprofen would not relieve the headache at all, I called my doctor. By the time of my visit, I had a headache for three weeks. Within 2 days of stopping the drops, my headache was almost completely gone. Within a week of stopping the drops, it was completely gone. Switched to another drop and no more headaches. Note that my doctor did send me for a brain MRI to be sure there wasn't something else going on. The test came back "normal"."

Green1 · January 23, 2022

"I use Latanoprost at bed time. My concern is that shortly after application, I have congestion and have to cough until the congestion is gone. Is this a beta blocker? I have congenital mitral valve prolapse, functional."

Vita · Taken for less than 1 month · June 21, 2022

"I have been on latanaprost for just over a week. I'm experiencing anxiety, lack of focus, mild palpitations and some kind of dizziness. I have trouble focusing and have been feeling fatigued throughout all this time. My doctor says to use it for an other week and then stop a week before I visit him again. This way he reckons, he'll be able to tell whether or not to take me off it completely or change the drop."

Anonymous · September 9, 2009

Xalatan (latanoprost) "I'm doing just fine, but then again I have a high tolerance for most things. Also, would much rather have a little burning than blindness."

msanford05 · Taken for 1 to 6 months · March 18, 2021

Xalatan (latanoprost) "Works well so far, doesn't sting too much. Pretty expensive though"

Learn more about Intraocular Hypertension