User Reviews for Hysingla ER

Pain
4.4

Summary of Hysingla ER reviews 4.4 74 reviews

Reviews for Hysingla ER

For Pain "I have chronic pain with my lower back, neck and fibromyalgia. Currently took Norco 10/325 every 4 hrs. Dr started me on Hysingla ER 40mg a week ago and I am miserable. Absolutely NO pain control whatsoever! I have called the Doctor three times in the last week, he said to continue taking it as its the same dose I was currently taking. It is NOT working for my pain at all. I take it first thing in the morning and I am allowed one breakthrough Norco. Anyone else have the same issue? I am disgusted with my Pain Management Dr because he is NOT listening! Help"

Peachie (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2018

For Pain "I've been on norco, 5x a day with 4 nucynta for about 8 years. I don't want to get doped up on some insanely strong opiate thats makes me sleepy and unable to function. I am able to get things done on this current regime. I have multi-level cervical herniations, c6-c7 fusion, and suffer from Fibromyalgia. No fun. My Dr. switched me to Hysingla 40mg with two 7.5 lortab with tylenol to reduce my over-all tylenol intake...He wants to protect my liver. Which I totally agree with. 30 mins after I took the Hysingla ER, my mouth became dry, My Blood Pressure shot way up to stroke range, and I felt like death warmed over. I have taken just about every pain med at one time or another, for any of my 7 surgeries and I have never felt this bad because of a ER med. This Hysingla med made me feel bad enough to go to the hospital."

Youravgpainpatient (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2018

For Pain "No help at all. No relief. Became very depressed. My muscles hurt badly. I was switched from 7.5 hydrocodone, which by the way took the edge off the pain, to hysingla 30mg. I noticed right away that there was a lot of break through pain."

Marie (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2018

For Pain "I have chronic pain due to problems with my spine; it's degenerative disc related, 20 some years, with no surgery possible. I have been practicing yoga for 2 decades. I have needed pain Rx's off & on. Hydrocodone has worked best for me, leaves me clear-minded, able to do all daily living activities, most critical when caring for our then-young children. I was misunderstood by different Dr.'s who simply will do anything to avoid prescribing what a patient actually needs. I became proactive. I take Hydrocodone 10/325 every 4 hours, (4 x day). At bedtime I take 1, Hysingla XR 20 mg. It was my new M.D.'s idea since the intensity of pain prior to the last epidural was high -I hadn't slept many nights in weeks. I do not know how I would be without Hysingla. I also do not know know how patients writing say they take it in the daytime can do so. I suppose it depends on metabolism, what other medications are taken, & tolerance of XR meds. It is still not perfect."

musTBeonesSelF (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2018

For Pain "I've been taking 4 Hydrocodone 10-325 for years and still hurt no matter what, have to count pills so can't take 5 or 6 a day. Now they put me on Hysingla ER 30mg. 1 pill a day but still hurt 24-7 and can't get any more help."

Bobcat (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2018

For Pain "Dr started me on Hydrocodone 20 and after being on norco 7.5 for almost a year, the hyd 20 is a blessing. I take 1 tablet in the morning and my pain is manageable all day @ 2-3 level. While on norco 7.5 mg I suffered from 7-9 daily! Physical therapy sessions are more productive as well as gym workouts and gardening activities. I haven't experienced any unpleasant side effects."

Di March 3, 2018

For Pain "I have had a bad total knee replacement and two rotator cuff surgeries that need to be redone, which puts me in basically constant pain. Pain dr has me on 10/325 Norco and as well as hysingla to take at night because it will apparently help me sleep as Norco doesn’t let me sleep. Well Neither does Hysingla, I just lay there and never fall into deep sleep plus it does nothing for pain. The only pain reliever that works for me is Norco. Any suggestions for pain at night with sleep?"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) February 25, 2018

For Pain "Has been a big change in pain level. But believe I need a breakthrough pain med also."

Akeet February 20, 2018

For Pain "I have been taking Hysingla ER for almost one year now. Doctor started me on 20mg and today I am taking 100mg. No side effects for me. I rarely take Vicodin for breakthrough pain now that I seem steady at this dose. It took a while to get me to the right dose. I think it is critical for your pain doctor not to reduce or stop all pain meds when you are on the low doses. It should be done when you get to the dose that works. My doctor was great working with me to get me to the right dose without making me suffer."

Jinxyone February 15, 2018

For Pain "Great for Pain Management. I had 28 Yrs on Opioids after 12 Surgeries. Total disagreement with Florida wanting to regulate it to 3-7 Day Supply when Florida allowed "Pill Mills" to operate for years. Lost kin to Florida looking the other way, now want Lawsuits against Manufacturers? Absurd thinking, China is killing people by Shipping Opioids via USPS, Buyers unaware of the potency of drugs such as Fentenyl, Oxy etc and Florida Rehabs are milking my Tax Dollars with Commercials showing Resort Living Rehabs. Ignorance is Bliss."

KenWoods (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 9, 2018

For Pain "Before this drug my pain was so extreme that I physically couldn't get out of bed or do any housework. I was miserable to say the least. I went from taking 4 percocet a day (5mg) to taking 20mg hysingla still with 1 or 2 percocet for breakthrough pain. This medication after a couple days has improved my life so much that I am in shock still from the relief. People only see the bad reviews on here and get scared like I did! I had not bad side effects and every time I felt bad pain, shortly later it was relieved. And unlike some other "24 hour" extended release drugs, this one really does last around the clock. Please if you have relief with this medication, share your experience so others can see the good as well when they come to this website!! I hope your experience is as successful as mine has been so far"

Biteatme1213 (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2018

For Pain "All of this is the fault of physicians and pharmaceutical company's. At this point they're getting so much pressure to get people off of opioids that they either don't care or have no choice but to prescribe drugs that don't work. If they don't solve this problem people are going to start buying heroin or something else just to get pain relief"

P.....d o.. (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2017

For Pain "I took 10mg, 3x day hydrocodone for a year prior to a new pain doc in a new state requiring I switch to Hysingla ER. I had only had one 10mg hydrocodone for each of the two days prior to beginning the Hysingla so this was not withdrawals. An hour after the 20mg pill, my heart was pounding hard, short of breath, which progressed to severe abdominal pain, nausea, the worst pain of my life (easily 2-3x my very worst days with stage 3 adhesive arachnoiditis, Ehlers-Danlos, and innumerable tarlov cysts on my spinal cord), joint pain, muscle pain and spasms, and I could literally feel my CSF pulsing in my spinal cord. The doc actually made me take a second dose because she thought I was in withdrawal. I vomited the 2nd one and nearly aspirated it"

Pained1 (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2017

For Pain "I have had chronic pain since 2002. I have Reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD) in low back both legs below knee both feet. Long story short I have been on pretty much every pain med there is. Had over 200 nerve blocks. Had nerve endings burned off. PT you name it. Now I have a medicine dosing machine inside my abdomen with a cath that runs directly into my spinal cord. I tried this hyslinga it's worked great. I'm surprised so many people have not had relief from it. But if I didn't have the pump implant I'm pretty sure I would be on the highest dose they make."

The preacher man November 30, 2017

For Pain "My doctor just switched me from 30mg of MS Contin to hysingla 20mg once a day. Mind you I have been taking the same thing for over 4 years. This hysingla is a joke!!! After 3 hours I was in so much pain I thought I was dying!! Felt like I was going to be sick, and not from the medicine, it was because I was in so much pain. Whoever said this lasts for 24 hours is completely ridiculous. Worst ever!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2017

For Pain "Terrible did nothing for pain, all I did was sleep and feel letharigic. Pain increased dramatically, I am totally miserable."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2017

For Pain "This medicine is a joke. They want to take you off Percocet and hydrocodone and put you on this medicine which is supposed to be longer acting. But I’d rather take six Percocet 10 mg a day then one of these. They had me on 40 mg for four weeks it didn’t help with my pain whatsoever."

Hmpld (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2017

For Pain "Had great analgesia with OPANA 40mg q 12 hrs.gradually upward over three year period. But not getting any pain relief (bilateral diabetic peripheral neuropathy) from 30 mg ER HYSINGLA FOR LAST TWO WEEKS. DO I NEED TO TITRATE HIGHER QUICKER? "

Anonymous November 4, 2017

For Pain "First of all, I’ve been on many different pain medications for several years and I’ll have to say this is the worst drug ever made! Purdue should be legally bound for charging over $500 for 30 pills no matter the strength, and for my situation, I’m taking the 40mg pill that Purdue claims works a whopping 24-hours ! First of all, what I have noticed is that it takes 8 hours upon dosing just to start anything, so let’s subtract 24-8 and that leaves 16hrs. Now, if I told you that this miracle and very expensive drug lasted for 16hrs well I would be telling you it is incorrect so in all practicality, it should be scheduled for every 12 hours instead, twice daily. Don’t waste your time or money on this pathetic pill!"

Wasted Money (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2017

For Pain "My doc switched me to this due to some issues with morphine sulphate ER 15mg three times a day. He put me on the Hysingla ER at 20mg once a day with the oxy 15mg x2 for breakthru pain. Been on it for two days and am in constant pain at a 6/7 level. With the other med I was 4/5 on bad days. So disappointed not too mention the cost is more than double for me. Don't know if the dose is just two low considering how long I've been on pain meds Guess I could ask him to up it to 40mg and see if that works. 20mg isn't hacking it at all. So tired of the government sticking its nose into my health."

Tom T. September 28, 2017

For Pain "Does not work for my chronic pain"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2017

For Pain "My Doctor switched me to Hysingla 40mg from norcos 10/325 , and I'm in so much pain. I don't want to have to take anything, but I don't have a choice because of chronic pain. But I want to go back to Norcos. they work better!!"

Dmccoy1964 July 30, 2017

For Pain "I have 3 herniated discs, spinal stenosis and osteoarthritis. I suffer from constant pain every day. I've been on norco 10/325 4x a day for 3 years now and never abused my medication. A few months ago my doctor had me to try Hysingla ER 40mg. This medication only last about 17hrs and gave me about 30-40% relief with random breakthrough pain. Plus I felt lethargic the entire day, nauseas, constipated, anxious excessive yawning. After putting up with it for two months I talked with my doctor and he switched me back to the Norco. So disappointed. I had high hopes for this medication since it was one pill every 24hrs. it just dose not work as promised and is expensive."

tonye320 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2017

For Pain "Been on Hysingla 6 months now; this is my 3rd posting about the experience. I'm using 40 mg ER and have given up. Just too darn tired all the time and 12/24 hours still in back pain so what the hell, I'm gonna ask the Dr to put me back on 10/325 Percs 4 times daily."

Injunhead (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2017

For Pain "Due to the new laws passed that are taking effect in 2017 your doctor can no longer prescribe the massive amounts of opiates they had been for years. In my state now, first time for pain management (like having a surgery for example) is 3- days maximum. After that 7- days maximum can only be prescribed except in some listed situations such as end term cancer patients. They must change from the short acting narcotics to the 24 hour release, which is meant to stop addiction because you don't get the high rush from the extended release. I suggest you all research your own States new prescribing laws and contact your representative. You will soon all need to deal with this. Most like me, with zero notice. The drug works okay, w/zero "high"."

Moonsocket June 2, 2017