User Reviews for Hysingla ER

4.2

Summary of Hysingla ER reviews 4.2 86 reviews

Reviews for Hysingla ER

Philipth · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 31, 2019

For Pain "Hysingla ER Is just another Lie! This medicine takes for ever to work. Way over priced! And Hysingla messes with your intestines causing your bowel movement to become almost like Clay. The maker will never tell the full adverse affects to your body"

Kimmi · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2019

For Pain "Dr prescribed to me and did not emphasize that my COPD was going to be so affected that I went into respiratory arrest after only my second dose of 80 mg. Hydrocodone. Spent 3 weeks in the hospital and then I had c-diff for close to two years from antibiotics taken for this. All in all I believe this medicine was targeted to poor people on Medicaid (they were the only insurance accepted for Hysingla)and it came close to destroying my life. I only hope the dr responsible is no longer able to practice due to the number of complaints against him."

Krissy · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 13, 2019

For Pain "Tried morphine and Percocet for severe intractable pain from injuries and surgery. Hysingla then prescribed as those did not help. Hysingla did nothing for my pain and also made my head feel swimmy and it’s very constipating like severely. Dr tried Norco and I’m finally pain free most of the day now first time in years. I really can’t say why hysingla didn’t work because norco Is the same ingredient but it didn’t work for me and norco really does work for me. Like amazingly. And I’ve never had to step up dosage nor ever had addiction or withdrawals to pain medication. (Only cymbalta for me was highly addictive and took me over a year to get off of it. Withdrawal was severe. Strange because they say opioids are not safe but for me they are and antidepressants were not. Very strange.)"

Yogi · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 8, 2019

For Pain "I have CRPS (complex regional pain syndrome), which is one of the worst chronic pain conditions known to man, and I get a lot of relief from this medication. Prior to Hysingla I was prescribed Opana ER until it was taken off the market, and I must say I'm thankful for the change. I like the fact that it works without making me feel "drugged." The only downside is constipation that requires daily doses of laxatives. There aren't many extended release choices, but hopefully more options will become available soon for people that aren't getting relief from Hysingla."

Tinker April 8, 2019

For Pain "I have 3 auto immune conditions and a very messed up back was on Percocet 10/325 4x day which was helping but neuro put me on Hysingla 20mg and stopped all my other meds including headache shot said this was a miracle drug for all my needs , all this drug done for me is cause more pain and withdrawals if it works for you that's great but some folks have a higher tolerance for meds so if your one of these people who does have a higher tolerance to meds it's not for you save your money because the cost is high and you figure for the price you pay you'd get some kind of relief . Unhappy tinker"

Dee · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 15, 2019

For Pain "I have herniated disks and did the usual, PT, spinal injections, Norco. I also have a liver condition and told doctor I would like to try something easier on the liver so Hysingla saved the day. Works like Norco minus the tylenol. I wouldn't have walked again without it. Not sure about all the negative reviews, I think it works great!"

Month of misery March 7, 2019

For Pain "I have tried hysinglar twice with the same results. Absolutely zero pain relief. If anything made me a little worse. Should be removed from market for zero efficacy. Ovoid at all cost and save yourself 30 days of miserable pain."

RJ · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 7, 2018

For Pain "I'm currently on oxycodone 5mg 3 times a day. I talked with my Dr about extended release option and he prescribed Hysingla 20mg for 24 hours. I had high hopes for this because I was hoping for continued pain relief. When my insurance finally approved me for this medication I was happy, that was until I took my first few days doses. It was just too strong and I felt nauseous and sick the whole time I was on this medication. I was go to see my Dr the next month to get back my regular prescription. Hopefully something will come on the market that works for 24 hours with out making me sick."

Stormy · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 27, 2018

For Pain "I have psoriatic arthritis, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis and fibromyalgia. All of which are very painful. I was on 7.5 narco's. Which actually worked. I have never abused medication. I take them only when needed. My pain WAS controlled. Then my doctor put me on hysingla ER. The medication is worthless. I have NO pain relief at all. When I told the doctor, the nurse red flagged me as an addict."

Finny August 24, 2018

For Pain "I’ve had 9 surgeries since 2003. One total shoulder replacement that was done incorrectly and need to be redone. Failed shoulder cuff other arm so that causes constant pain. Total hip total knee. Three back surgeries! The last one in 2015 Spinal Fusion. I am in constant pain. I’ve tried everything. Injections,PT , burning of the nerves nothing helps! Pain doc has me on Hysingla 40 mg does nothing! Due to terrible upper gut ulcers from upper bowel obstruction ( that was because when I had an emergency splenectomy the surgeon tied a knot in my stomach!) I feel like all the docs treat me like a druggie it could be in my head but I do get the feeling even from the pharmacy I feel like a criminal and I’ve never done anything wrong with these stupid meds that do nothing! This Hysingla is sooo expensive! Thanks for letting me rant"

Anthony92 August 7, 2018

For Pain "I’ve been suffering from chronic pain for 6 years now due to 3 lumbar herniated discs and osteoarthritis. I’ve been taking Norco 10/325 4 times a day with okay relief. Recently my doctor had me try Hysingla 40mg and honestly it just doesn’t work! It only lasts about 16-18 hours and it made me feel very lethargic, anxious and I would have a lot of breakthrough pain throughout the day plus it was $413!! and my insurance refused to cover it. After talking with my doctor he switched me to MS Contin. That medication so far has worked so much better than any other extended release opioid. If you suffer from chronic pain I recommend you try MS Contin. It works great and it’s very cheap even without insurance"

T · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 23, 2018

For Pain "My Doctor changed me from being on norco 10/325 to hysinglar ER and they keep lowering my dose. In my opinion the hysinglar doesn't work as well and the pain keeps getting worse. Why are dr cutting medicine doses down on people who are in real pain, just because so many others sell their meds and lie about pain."

Peachie · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2018

For Pain "I have chronic pain with my lower back, neck and fibromyalgia. Currently took Norco 10/325 every 4 hrs. Dr started me on Hysingla ER 40mg a week ago and I am miserable. Absolutely NO pain control whatsoever! I have called the Doctor three times in the last week, he said to continue taking it as its the same dose I was currently taking. It is NOT working for my pain at all. I take it first thing in the morning and I am allowed one breakthrough Norco. Anyone else have the same issue? I am disgusted with my Pain Management Dr because he is NOT listening! Help"

Youravgpainpatient · Taken for less than 1 month May 25, 2018

For Pain "I've been on norco, 5x a day with 4 nucynta for about 8 years. I don't want to get doped up on some insanely strong opiate thats makes me sleepy and unable to function. I am able to get things done on this current regime. I have multi-level cervical herniations, c6-c7 fusion, and suffer from Fibromyalgia. No fun. My Dr. switched me to Hysingla 40mg with two 7.5 lortab with tylenol to reduce my over-all tylenol intake...He wants to protect my liver. Which I totally agree with. 30 mins after I took the Hysingla ER, my mouth became dry, My Blood Pressure shot way up to stroke range, and I felt like death warmed over. I have taken just about every pain med at one time or another, for any of my 7 surgeries and I have never felt this bad because of a ER med. This Hysingla med made me feel bad enough to go to the hospital."

Marie · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 16, 2018

For Pain "No help at all. No relief. Became very depressed. My muscles hurt badly. I was switched from 7.5 hydrocodone, which by the way took the edge off the pain, to hysingla 30mg. I noticed right away that there was a lot of break through pain."

musTBeonesSelF · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 29, 2018

For Pain "I have chronic pain due to problems with my spine; it's degenerative disc related, 20 some years, with no surgery possible. I have been practicing yoga for 2 decades. I have needed pain Rx's off & on. Hydrocodone has worked best for me, leaves me clear-minded, able to do all daily living activities, most critical when caring for our then-young children. I was misunderstood by different Dr.'s who simply will do anything to avoid prescribing what a patient actually needs. I became proactive. I take Hydrocodone 10/325 every 4 hours, (4 x day). At bedtime I take 1, Hysingla XR 20 mg. It was my new M.D.'s idea since the intensity of pain prior to the last epidural was high -I hadn't slept many nights in weeks. I do not know how I would be without Hysingla. I also do not know know how patients writing say they take it in the daytime can do so. I suppose it depends on metabolism, what other medications are taken, & tolerance of XR meds. It is still not perfect."

Bobcat · Taken for less than 1 month March 24, 2018

For Pain "I've been taking 4 Hydrocodone 10-325 for years and still hurt no matter what, have to count pills so can't take 5 or 6 a day. Now they put me on Hysingla ER 30mg. 1 pill a day but still hurt 24-7 and can't get any more help."

Di March 3, 2018

For Pain "Dr started me on Hydrocodone 20 and after being on norco 7.5 for almost a year, the hyd 20 is a blessing. I take 1 tablet in the morning and my pain is manageable all day @ 2-3 level. While on norco 7.5 mg I suffered from 7-9 daily! Physical therapy sessions are more productive as well as gym workouts and gardening activities. I haven't experienced any unpleasant side effects."

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more February 25, 2018

For Pain "I have had a bad total knee replacement and two rotator cuff surgeries that need to be redone, which puts me in basically constant pain. Pain dr has me on 10/325 Norco and as well as hysingla to take at night because it will apparently help me sleep as Norco doesn’t let me sleep. Well Neither does Hysingla, I just lay there and never fall into deep sleep plus it does nothing for pain. The only pain reliever that works for me is Norco. Any suggestions for pain at night with sleep?"

Akeet February 20, 2018

For Pain "Has been a big change in pain level. But believe I need a breakthrough pain med also."

Jinxyone February 15, 2018

For Pain "I have been taking Hysingla ER for almost one year now. Doctor started me on 20mg and today I am taking 100mg. No side effects for me. I rarely take Vicodin for breakthrough pain now that I seem steady at this dose. It took a while to get me to the right dose. I think it is critical for your pain doctor not to reduce or stop all pain meds when you are on the low doses. It should be done when you get to the dose that works. My doctor was great working with me to get me to the right dose without making me suffer."

KenWoods · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 9, 2018

For Pain "Great for Pain Management. I had 28 Yrs on Opioids after 12 Surgeries. Total disagreement with Florida wanting to regulate it to 3-7 Day Supply when Florida allowed "Pill Mills" to operate for years. Lost kin to Florida looking the other way, now want Lawsuits against Manufacturers? Absurd thinking, China is killing people by Shipping Opioids via USPS, Buyers unaware of the potency of drugs such as Fentenyl, Oxy etc and Florida Rehabs are milking my Tax Dollars with Commercials showing Resort Living Rehabs. Ignorance is Bliss."

Biteatme1213 · Taken for less than 1 month February 3, 2018

For Pain "Before this drug my pain was so extreme that I physically couldn't get out of bed or do any housework. I was miserable to say the least. I went from taking 4 percocet a day (5mg) to taking 20mg hysingla still with 1 or 2 percocet for breakthrough pain. This medication after a couple days has improved my life so much that I am in shock still from the relief. People only see the bad reviews on here and get scared like I did! I had not bad side effects and every time I felt bad pain, shortly later it was relieved. And unlike some other "24 hour" extended release drugs, this one really does last around the clock. Please if you have relief with this medication, share your experience so others can see the good as well when they come to this website!! I hope your experience is as successful as mine has been so far"

P.....d o.. · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 7, 2017

For Pain "All of this is the fault of physicians and pharmaceutical company's. At this point they're getting so much pressure to get people off of opioids that they either don't care or have no choice but to prescribe drugs that don't work. If they don't solve this problem people are going to start buying heroin or something else just to get pain relief"

Pained1 · Taken for less than 1 month December 4, 2017

For Pain "I took 10mg, 3x day hydrocodone for a year prior to a new pain doc in a new state requiring I switch to Hysingla ER. I had only had one 10mg hydrocodone for each of the two days prior to beginning the Hysingla so this was not withdrawals. An hour after the 20mg pill, my heart was pounding hard, short of breath, which progressed to severe abdominal pain, nausea, the worst pain of my life (easily 2-3x my very worst days with stage 3 adhesive arachnoiditis, Ehlers-Danlos, and innumerable tarlov cysts on my spinal cord), joint pain, muscle pain and spasms, and I could literally feel my CSF pulsing in my spinal cord. The doc actually made me take a second dose because she thought I was in withdrawal. I vomited the 2nd one and nearly aspirated it"