User Reviews for Hydrochlorothiazide / lisinopril

High Blood Pressure
6.5

Summary of Hydrochlorothiazide/lisinopril reviews 6.5 55 reviews

Reviews for Hydrochlorothiazide/lisinopril

For High Blood Pressure: "Leg cramps, pins needle feeling in heels, can't sleep. I take 2.5 mg."

MJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I was on this first about 8-10 years. It did help blood pressure but just a tad. Had daily diarrhea first thing in the morning, ongoing sinus issues (woke up most mornings with a sinus headache), zero tears, etc. After a sudden onset of several eye floaters in one eye, I did some research and stopped taking it. About a week after stopping, I woke up with my eyes oozing thick fluid. I thought my eyes were leaking ocular fluid. It was tears!!! Eyes floaters considerable lessened after two weeks. Have switched to low dose Losartan. So far, the only effect I've noticed is a slight headache and sleepiness ( so I take it will dinner). However, the last few days, the effects have not occurred at all. Hopefully, Losartan will work better for me."

Jean (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 1, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Explosive watery diarrhea, without warning, no cramping, no stomach upset it just pours out of me without notice. I have take Immodium like candy while I'm working. Leg cramps, almost every night. I thought medicines were supposed to make you better, not worse. It has helped my BP, but it has made the rest of my life awful. I tell my doctor and nothing. She does nothing."

Susie13 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "As I struggled with side affects from this drug I looked for others who were experiencing the same issues. Yes I had the cough but the stomach upset was the worst. Didn't see that this was a problem with others. My doctor said the med could not cause the constant explosive diarrhea I was experiencing. I took imodiom and started ulcer meds. I then submitted a stool sample and was looking at an endoscopy. My instincts said it had to be the drug so after 3 months of misery I got on a new bp drug and stomach is fine!!! So angry that the doc didn't listen to me sooner and kept saying I had a virus or food poisoning. So yes this drug does cause terrible stomach issues for some people so I hope this helps someone else who is dealing what I was. DON'T WAIT 3 months to get a different drug!"

MS E (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 20, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Day 3. BP 84/37 dizzy, tired. Stopped taking on my own."

dizzydeb (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I've taken 10 mg for 20 years. Used to have a (not bothersome) cough; that's gone away. The pharmacist said lisinopril is a very good medicine. My usual BP is 120/75 or so with this dosage. This is the only drug I take; I'm active and my weight is about average. I'm really, really happy with it."

Toodlesbug (taken for 10 years or more) May 7, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I had to take this medicine for high blood pressure and it’s was horrible. I had headaches and stomach cramps."

Ali March 23, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "took lisinopril hydrochlorothiazide had a reaction after 15 years, throat swelling toung swelling. Dr said he thought it was lisinopril, so now just HCZ. So stopped taking it because I now have ringing in my ears and my ears are plugged as if I was on an air plane.... Bottom line, We don't have high bp because of lack of drugs ! they are all poision and just keep the big pharma in business as well as the "DR'S". I no longer can put faith in western "medicine ". '"

chet (taken for 10 years or more) March 12, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Have been taking Lisinopril HCTZ for many years. It has been effective in controlling my hypertension. Recently my pharmacy switched to Watson Labs brand of Lisinopril HCTZ. The blue pills are thin and concave, about 1 cm in diameter. This shape causes the pill to stick in my throat. It is very difficult to swallow, causing me to choke almost every time. It is the worse possible shape for a pill. I do not normally have difficulty swallowing pills, even much larger ones. I have requested that my pharmacy change brands."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) February 18, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking 20 mgs lisinopril for about a month and it has been somewhat of a nightmare. It is effective at lowering my diastolic bp which is good but I'm also trying to eat foods that would help with my blood pressure that contain potassium and that's where the nightmare begins. I wasn't feeling well and I noticed a lot of discomfort after I ate bananas. Because Lisinopril works by causing the body to retain potassium, my eating potassium rich foods is apparently a negative which doesn't make sense if I'm trying to eat better to lower my blood pressure. I now see why people wind up taking these meds for the rest of their lives. I'm going to stop taking it because of this effect on me."

Ms. Hibplee September 8, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "Took myself off of the drug because my BP was at pre-hypertension, and I had this constant dry cough. I used to have horrible leg cramps at night....no matter how much water I drank before bed. I never use salt or eat salty foods; the doctor said to eat more bananas. I never made the connection to the cramps and the meds, and my doctor did not, either. Well...I wondered why I haven't had any leg cramps in months, and my boyfriend said "you stopped taking your blood pressure medicine". Duh!"

Siamkitty July 21, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I was prescribed this medication at 20mg and took it for 10 years. I never associated the drug with my constant cough and breathing problems and neither did any physician. I was even hospitalized and tested for everything. Diagnosed over the years with asthma, gout and high blood sugar. I had complete work up and heart cath and there was nothing. I had many pulmonary work ups and all the treatments. Who puts up with years of coughing? Avoiding social situations, close contact, speaking engagements. I tried everything. FINALLY, an allergist said it was my meds. Stopped taking this drug and within 10 days I was as good as new. Terrible drug for me!"

Maggie O (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 25, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I have taken lisinopril htz for about 10 years, for the past 3 years I've had pancreatitis once every year but for the last 6 months I have had 3 episodes and finally my Dr looked up side effects and pancreatitis was indeed one of them. Just in case anyone else is having the same problem. My Dr switched me to a different Bp medication, I feel better with the new meds."

Bam9496 (taken for 10 years or more) March 1, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "Read all prescriptions profiles provided by pharmacy! Have taken drug for 3+ years and by accident learned I hadve side effects to it. I have experienced 80% of all adverse reactions listed; the worse being constant copious amounts of choking mucus/phlegm from throat/sinus, asthmatic bronchitis, severe fatigue, etc. Never in a million years would I have guessed it was Lisinopril, but just happened to be out of the medication for 3 days and woke up on the 3rd day without any of the choking phlegm in my throat & bronchial tract every morning for the past 3+ years. Current Doc (who didn't initially prescribe drug) is thrilled to discover the culprit he's been searching for 2+ years! Good-bye erroneous early-stage COPD diagnoses, I'm cured!"

jvwarren (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 24, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "You get very itchy and nausea, don't like it. All blood pressure medicines have terrible side effects. More research has to be done on these medicines."

Jim1234 January 30, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "The vast majority of effects are caused by dehydration. This medication rids your body of more water than your body would normally be carrying so you have to drink more water. Water works the best I feel better almost immediately once drinking a glass."

Jeremy10q0q0qpq December 31, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I started taking Lisinipril October 8th, so almost two months ago. I have developed a dry hacking cough and I am suffering from horrible Charlie horse type leg cramps which keep me awake at night. It also makes me feel sick if I don't have food in my stomach before taking it. I have changed my diet to vegetarian, cut out drinking any caffeine or alcohol. Hopefully this will help improve my bp. Going to my doctor next Saturday and I am going to request to be put on something else!"

Sick of lisinipril (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 2, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Everyday when I take it I feel sick light headed dizzy my stomach knots up and it is aweful pain I have to lay down for awhile to get over it and after reading all of the reviews on Lisinopril I'm wondering if it ain't been side effects all alone since I've been taking the medication"

Brown eyed girl and I'm just n (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 27, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Headaches. Dry eyes. Aches. Excruciating pain in feet. Insomnia This stuff is poison."

Zoesmeme July 28, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I was on atenolol for 15 yrs with leg swelling, facial swelling, headaches, joint aches, insomnia, no restful sleep, erratic bp in maybe 1 hr. Switched to lis/hctz 10/12.5 3 yrs ago. The only pill I take. BP steady 125/80. Throat sore, swelling closed, mouth breather, headache 12 hr after taking, tinnitis, dizzy when rising, the began Vertigo, real vertigo. Dr said food allergy, stopped lin/hctz for 3 days = BP high, no tinitis, no dizzy, no headache. 3 days ago had bleeding floater in left eye. This morning Optamologist said lin/hhctz can effect floater and maculer degeneration. Deciding what to do.... lose 50 pounds and get off drug! Or put up with side effects and go blind?"

Emmit Fitzhume April 4, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Dreadful experience, even after just 8 days. Itchy face, sharp pin-like pain in eye, severe foot and leg cramps, sharp pin-like pain in heels. frozen feet and hands, mind numbing pain in left kidney, general feeling of illness and debility. Honestly, I thought this drug would kill me. Immediately after stopping the drug, all of the above symptoms cleared up. I felt like a guinea pig, tortured with each dose. Awaiting a visit with my Dr. to discuss dietary and lifestyle changes I'm putting into effect without toxic chemicals."

mark416 January 11, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "This medication seems to work for me. No side effects thus far that I am aware of. Have been taking this med a long while."

Angelah234 December 31, 2015

Zestoretic (hydrochlorothiazide / lisinopril) for High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking zestoretic 20-25 mg along with norvasc 5 mg for 30 years....brand only as my original doctor prescribed and have never had any more issues with my high blood pressure. The generics released medication more up front than zestoretic brand and I would wake up with severe headaches. Zestoretic along with the norvasc was perfect. My blood pressure is normal and I have no signs of any side effects after all these years...I am now in my 70's. I do have to avoid being out in the hot sun for extended periods of time as it does make me a little dizzy, and I have to drink lots of fluids, but a small price to have my blood pressure under complete control."

FL Gal November 16, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I was on lisinopril 10 mg for years and years but my BP kept going up. On Monday the Doctor started me on lisinopril 20/25 because my BP was 180/110. This ok the meds Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday without problems. Friday I fainted but thought I was sick, Saturday I fainted again 1.5 hours after taking the dose. Don't know if I should drop back down to 10 mg for Sunday and Monday but will be going into the office first thing Monday morning!"

High BP famiy (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "Side effects = Muscle pain and weakness!"

Anonymous August 12, 2015