User Reviews for Hydrochlorothiazide / lisinopril

Also known as: Prinzide, Zestoretic

Learn more about Hydrochlorothiazide/lisinopril.

High Blood Pressure 44 reviews 264 medications

7.1
Summary of Hydrochlorothiazide/lisinopril reviews 44 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Hydrochlorothiazide/lisinopril

For High Blood Pressure: "I was prescribed this medication at 20mg and took it for 10 years. I never associated the drug with my constant cough and breathing problems and neither did any physician. I was even hospitalized and tested for everything. Diagnosed over the years with asthma, gout and high blood sugar. I had complete work up and heart cath and there was nothing. I had many pulmonary work ups and all the treatments. Who puts up with years of coughing? Avoiding social situations, close contact, speaking engagements. I tried everything. FINALLY, an allergist said it was my meds. Stopped taking this drug and within 10 days I was as good as new. Terrible drug for me!"

Maggie O (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I have taken lisinopril htz for about 10 years, for the past 3 years I've had pancreatitis once every year but for the last 6 months I have had 3 episodes and finally my Dr looked up side effects and pancreatitis was indeed one of them. Just in case anyone else is having the same problem. My Dr switched me to a different Bp medication, I feel better with the new meds."

Bam9496 (taken for 10 years or more) March 1, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Read all prescriptions profiles provided by pharmacy! Have taken drug for 3+ years and by accident learned I hadve side effects to it. I have experienced 80% of all adverse reactions listed; the worse being constant copious amounts of choking mucus/phlegm from throat/sinus, asthmatic bronchitis, severe fatigue, etc. Never in a million years would I have guessed it was Lisinopril, but just happened to be out of the medication for 3 days and woke up on the 3rd day without any of the choking phlegm in my throat & bronchial tract every morning for the past 3+ years. Current Doc (who didn't initially prescribe drug) is thrilled to discover the culprit he's been searching for 2+ years! Good-bye erroneous early-stage COPD diagnoses, I'm cured!"

jvwarren (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 24, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "You get very itchy and nausea, don't like it. All blood pressure medicines have terrible side effects. More research has to be done on these medicines."

Jim1234 January 30, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "The vast majority of effects are caused by dehydration. This medication rids your body of more water than your body would normally be carrying so you have to drink more water. Water works the best I feel better almost immediately once drinking a glass."

Jeremy10q0q0qpq December 31, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I started taking Lisinipril October 8th, so almost two months ago. I have developed a dry hacking cough and I am suffering from horrible Charlie horse type leg cramps which keep me awake at night. It also makes me feel sick if I don't have food in my stomach before taking it. I have changed my diet to vegetarian, cut out drinking any caffeine or alcohol. Hopefully this will help improve my bp. Going to my doctor next Saturday and I am going to request to be put on something else!"

Sick of lisinipril (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 2, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Everyday when I take it I feel sick light headed dizzy my stomach knots up and it is aweful pain I have to lay down for awhile to get over it and after reading all of the reviews on Lisinopril I'm wondering if it ain't been side effects all alone since I've been taking the medication"

Brown eyed girl and I'm just n (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 27, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Headaches. Dry eyes. Aches. Excruciating pain in feet. Insomnia This stuff is poison."

Zoesmeme July 28, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I was on atenolol for 15 yrs with leg swelling, facial swelling, headaches, joint aches, insomnia, no restful sleep, erratic bp in maybe 1 hr. Switched to lis/hctz 10/12.5 3 yrs ago. The only pill I take. BP steady 125/80. Throat sore, swelling closed, mouth breather, headache 12 hr after taking, tinnitis, dizzy when rising, the began Vertigo, real vertigo. Dr said food allergy, stopped lin/hctz for 3 days = BP high, no tinitis, no dizzy, no headache. 3 days ago had bleeding floater in left eye. This morning Optamologist said lin/hhctz can effect floater and maculer degeneration. Deciding what to do.... lose 50 pounds and get off drug! Or put up with side effects and go blind?"

Emmit Fitzhume April 4, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Dreadful experience, even after just 8 days. Itchy face, sharp pin-like pain in eye, severe foot and leg cramps, sharp pin-like pain in heels. frozen feet and hands, mind numbing pain in left kidney, general feeling of illness and debility. Honestly, I thought this drug would kill me. Immediately after stopping the drug, all of the above symptoms cleared up. I felt like a guinea pig, tortured with each dose. Awaiting a visit with my Dr. to discuss dietary and lifestyle changes I'm putting into effect without toxic chemicals."

mark416 January 11, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "This medication seems to work for me. No side effects thus far that I am aware of. Have been taking this med a long while."

Angelah234 December 31, 2015

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Zestoretic (hydrochlorothiazide / lisinopril) for High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking zestoretic 20-25 mg along with norvasc 5 mg for 30 years....brand only as my original doctor prescribed and have never had any more issues with my high blood pressure. The generics released medication more up front than zestoretic brand and I would wake up with severe headaches. Zestoretic along with the norvasc was perfect. My blood pressure is normal and I have no signs of any side effects after all these years...I am now in my 70's. I do have to avoid being out in the hot sun for extended periods of time as it does make me a little dizzy, and I have to drink lots of fluids, but a small price to have my blood pressure under complete control."

FL Gal November 16, 2015

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I was on lisinopril 10 mg for years and years but my BP kept going up. On Monday the Doctor started me on lisinopril 20/25 because my BP was 180/110. This ok the meds Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday without problems. Friday I fainted but thought I was sick, Saturday I fainted again 1.5 hours after taking the dose. Don't know if I should drop back down to 10 mg for Sunday and Monday but will be going into the office first thing Monday morning!"

High BP famiy (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2015

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Side effects = Muscle pain and weakness!"

Anonymous August 12, 2015

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Don't take any medicine unless it's absolutely necessary. I've taken this for 5 years..... Extreme dizziness especially when working out. Brain fog was incredible and your hair may also thin. It's not a good experience at all. I stopped the medicine a little while ago and now control my blood pressure w diet and exercise (without the feeling I am passing out)"

Rob C July 26, 2015

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "was taking benazepril 40mg two times a day. My Dad was taking this so I tried it. Works great. I've found that if I split the dose 20-12.5 in two parts, half in morning and half in evening, it works best. 120/70. NO SIDE EFFECTS."

Christofer (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2015

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "It works good."

p dog July 10, 2014

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I am 56. I have partied a lot having grown up in LA and Hawaii. Lifestyle payback is high blood pressure. I ignored all drs advice because I was going to the gym everyday and surfing and trail running. But I started a new job and have Kaiser. The nurse took my blood pressure. Her eyes betrayed her calm...she took me aside and asked if I drank. Yes, a lot of red wine. She didn't even want me to go to lobby and wait and asked if I wanted to wait in doc's office. I guess my blood pressure freaked her out, like 180/100. Anyway he talked into 12.5 lisinopril/hydrochlorothiazide and said take 1/2 tab a day. Unreal! In one day my blood pressure, I take it at home, was in the 117/75 range. Immediate gratification."

SFGiant (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 31, 2014

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "My blood pressure was 170/100. Doctor gave me a 10mg per day prescription and within hours of taking the first pill, my BP was 108/70. I was super lightheaded for the first 4 days when I walked, and I have an occasional cough. After 6 weeks of hovering around 117/79, I reduced myself to 5 mg per day, and my BP is now 102/77 as of today. I eat healthy and walk an average of 5 miles every day for exercise but remain stubbornly overweight."

Ekokai (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 4, 2013

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "The only problems I had were frequent trips to the restroom but my blood pressure is under control and I've never experienced any of the things people are complaining about. I would say try it and if you don't like it or react badly try one of the many other options."

Lyleminn August 16, 2013

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been on this medication for several years now. I have none of the side effects that others speak of. My blood pressure is consistantly in the normal range. Very happy with it. I'm 45"

Allen in Dallas (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 12, 2013

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I am presently on Lisinopril HCTZ and for a while I was doing well then I got upped from 10/12.5 to 20/25 and within a month of using I have headaches, dizziness, nausea, the cough *sometimes to the point of falling over* I can't seem to make my brain work the way I need it to, and my whole body hurts. My blood pressure is down, no question about that, but this is freaking me out."

timberwulff April 4, 2013

161 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Minor: For about an hour after taking I have to pee a lot. MAJOR: Sometimes very bad foot pain/cramps to point of hardly being able to walk. I take this and amlodipine for high BP & it works."

trigvie January 1, 2013

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Lisinopril 10 for 1 day, plus thyroid medicine and not eating or drinking enough, so I blacked out. Dr couldn't get blood pressure because it was too low. Pain in shoulders, stuffy nose, hard swallowing, cramp in foot. Dr said to wait 3-5 days then start with half dose."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2012

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "The only side effect that might be causing a problem for me is that I cannot keep my potassium in proper range while on this medication. It is wonderful for my blood pressure, but I do need to drink lots of water with this medicine to stay hydrated."

Wordybirdie (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 13, 2012