User Reviews for Trelegy Ellipta

COPD
7.3

Summary of Trelegy Ellipta reviews 7.7 14 reviews

Reviews for Trelegy Ellipta

For COPD "I used it two days. The second day my heart pulse dropped to 40 beats a minute. I passed out once went to ER and they kept me over night and put a pacemaker in my chest. They don't know what caused it but I don't want to try trelegy again"

bob (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2019

For COPD "I am relatively new to meds for COPD - and am also finding the costs are ridiculously high. I have been appealing to my insurance company- I called customer service-and they helped me get the forms for the doctor to appeal but have no results yet- but it's worth 'trying' at least. Maybe some of the others on here can try appeal or ask for special consideration as well - Good luck to us all"

darby (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2019

For COPD "My Dr. gave me Trelegy 10 days ago and it has helped considerably with my breathing. Advair did not help also advair made my tongue so sore I could hardly eat. I rinse after using Trelegy but I think only side effect seems to be back towards my throat is a little sore. It hasn't been expensive, so far anyway. I have bought 1 inhaler. But I'm on medicare. 8 dollars for an inhaler that helps isn't bad! That's been my experience so far"

Tigger (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2018

For COPD "I initially coughed for the first hour, then the following day, half of my head hurt to the touch, it felt like it was sunburned. That lasted a week. Then I had increased mucus , that woke me up at night, as I was chocking on it. I had pains in my hips and joints, and the pain moved down my legs as I lifted them to lay on a couch, I could no longer lift my arms above my head, without them being in pain at the muscle, which felt as if it went down to the bone. A sore throat and headaches. Other than those side effects my breathing did improve, but not enough to warrant putting up with the side effects. I lasted 3 months, then gave it up. Doctor then tried me on Trimbow, that lasted 3 days, when I ended up with vertigo. I'm now back on seebri & fostair"

stoly (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 20, 2018

For COPD "I have had a diagnosis of Emphysema for 1 year. My condition has become progressively worse over this time. I was using a Ventolin inhaler every four hours, night and day, for approximately 3 months. I was given the Trelegy Ellipta three weeks ago. The transformation in my breathing and overall health has been remarkable. I can only hope that the benefits persist, and any side effects (I have high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes) are minimal. The only reason I rated a 9 rather than a 10 is due to worries with side effects."

Zimmerman (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2018

"Suffer SOBOE(shortness of breath on exertion). Dr. says COPD but I am a latent asthmatic with no attacks in 25 yrs. I am 85, go to Senior aerobics in the fall to get ready for skiing. Been skiing for 75 yrs. So I am not a basket case. Doubling up on Advair did not help. Moved to Breo with 10-15% better. On Trelegy trial (20 doses) with noticeably better. Cost in Canada about $105-have not paid yet. Benefit plan + plus Govt. health pgm. PAY. "

Bruski (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2018

For COPD "I wanted to try Trelegy Ellipta after 2 years of Anoro. I got a 4 week sample from my Doctor. My first few days of using I felt I had better breathing but after 3 weeks of use it lost its effectiveness. The biggest problem I have had with this inhaler is nearly constant moderate hoarseness and laryngitis. I can't take it anymore because my job requires speaking. I thought it would be a temporary side effect but now I will return to the Anoro. Very disappointed."

mill (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 26, 2018

For COPD "I started my trelegy 2 months ago and I am feeling a bit better. I have a cough so I have taken antibiotics - just finished so i will see how i get on. I would rather take 1 inhaler than 2 all my friends are saying that they see a difference in me in a good way"

scotty (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2018

For COPD "I have used many inhalers over the past 6 years for COPD, Adviar, Spariva and Breo. This by far has given me the most relief from my condition. It has improved my ability to go up and down my stairs, do more walking and outside activities. It has offered a better quality of life. Thanks Trelegy!"

Jules (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2018

"This is a true miracle drug , I have had lung cancer small cell and was given a 2 year prognosis but am working on my 6th year. Finally was given this inhaler after many that did not help me. It works and has improved my breathing but unfortunately I am no longer able to afford it and my insurance company will no longer let me use a voucher . Why does the drug work but is unaffordable to people? It makes no sense"

Hopalong (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2018

"I am 58 have had heart attack and triple bypass when I was 41. I have bad sleep apnea and I am on nose mask and have that under control but still felt so tired all the time. I went to see pulmonologist found out I don't have COPD but have me on trelegy because I wasn't exhaling all my air. I've felt like a new man I sleep better have more energy endurance etc.... I guess I was struggling when I breathe. Also I am 265lb so hopefully since I am moving more I'll lose weight. I haven't had side effects yet..been on it only a week..."

Steve (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2018

For COPD "I found Trelegy Ellipta to be amazing. I have tried all of the inhalers none of them worked. The doctor gave me a sample in within two days I can breathe 100% better. Didn’t get winded walking or climbing stairs. A fantastic drug. The only thing that bothers me is I always seem to get a sore on my tongue from inhaling it even though I do rinse out after every inhalation. But it’s still great."

Dory (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2018

For COPD "My COPD has greatly improved but my sugar is staying way too high and my back is killing me. I don't think this is going to work for me. I have been taking it for almost 2 weeks."

Betty (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2018

For COPD "My Dr gave me samples. Within a week I could breathe 50% better. No side effects. When I tried to fill a prescription it was over $500 for two weeks of medication. Why? Because United Healthcare Rx refused to cover it. They told my Dr to prescribe Anoro, instead. So, within a month I am having extreme exacerbated breathing, and can barely function. If someone would've told me 10 to 15 years ago that drug companies would have this much power, I would have not believed it."

Cyndi28 (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2018

For COPD "My Dr. gave me samples about a month ago. To say that I am pleased is a gross understatement. Hands down, the best COPD med I have ever taken! And, I've taken a ton of them. My doc later told me that I was her test subject!"

Spenser (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2018

For COPD "The doctor gave me a sample of this on Wednesday . I used it once in his office . An hour later the headache started then the pain all over my body and a bad cough. After that the chills started and for the next 2 days I was too weak and sleepy to get out of bed . The symptoms are slowly getting better and I am still feeling them today . It's Saturday hopefully will completely go away soon. The first 36 hours after using it I wasn't sure if I would live or die . Only used it the one time."

Granny (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2018

For COPD "It is working well for my mother, but on medicare and even with a supplement insurance (which don't cover) the cost is over $600 in our area. It is outrageous that this is happening to our Senior Citizens. Same thing with Daliresp! Not covered and cost $300+ a moth! So, doctor puts her on both of these and now, since he did provide samples for a year, she can't afford either! What are we supposed to do! She has a supplemental insurance and because of that would not qualify for companies to help! Frustration 100% with both drugs!"

Packy7 February 8, 2018